CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   Shoes I love. (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/122313-shoes-i-love.html)

ninja dog 03-05-2011 09:24 AM

Shoes I love.
 
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/a...e-Saldana1.jpg

They're pink, they're satin, they're ankle straps.

J'adore!

RedCatWaves 03-05-2011 12:31 PM

pic

ninja dog 03-05-2011 12:37 PM

It's there. Can't you see it?

RedCatWaves 03-05-2011 01:21 PM

I see it now.

Meh...they're just OK to me. They seem to clash with the dress, even though there is pink in the dress.

I hate that child-knock-kneed-pigeon-toe pose all the actresses and models are doing recently.

ninja dog 03-05-2011 01:32 PM

True love cannot be dissuaded.

You no-socks-wearer, you.

murrrcat 03-05-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCatWaves (Post 1601738)
I see it now.

Meh...they're just OK to me. They seem to clash with the dress, even though there is pink in the dress.

I hate that child-knock-kneed-pigeon-toe pose all the actresses and models are doing recently.

I keep seeing girls on campus WALKING like that...and I know they're not all pigeon toed.

RedCatWaves 03-05-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja dog (Post 1601744)
True love cannot be dissuaded.

You no-socks-wearer, you.



There's something out there for everyone...and some folks like it with socks, and some without.

ninja dog 03-05-2011 02:23 PM

Indeed.

The New Black 03-05-2011 02:30 PM

I love the purse!

Saria 03-05-2011 02:35 PM

Sorry, ninja, but I gave those a FUG. Zoe Saldana usually wears great shoes, though.

emthefantastical 03-05-2011 03:01 PM

Is this a rate Ninja's shoes thread or a post shoes we love thread? I'm not sure, so I'll do both.
I like those shoes Ninj, but I couldn't wear them. The ankle strap cuts at my ankles the wrong way and makes my already thick calves look even thicker.

I'm currently lusting over Alexander McQueen's spring shoe collection, inspired by butterflies, particularly these, even though the ankle strap probably wouldn't work for me. But honestly, I probably would never wear them. I'd put them in a glass case and just look at them.
http://theluxbeat.com/wp-content/upl..._mcqueen-6.jpg

and I might maim someone to get my paws on a pair of Christian Louboutins. Those red bottomed black patent leather pointy toed heels just do all the right things for me. One day, one day I will own a pair.

RedCatWaves 03-05-2011 03:04 PM

And what's wrong with not-wearing-socks anyway?!?!? I'm pretty sure the woman in your picture is not wearing socks either.

Saria 03-05-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emthefantastical (Post 1601798)
Is this a rate Ninja's shoes thread or a post shoes we love thread? I'm not sure, so I'll do both.
I like those shoes Ninj, but I couldn't wear them. The ankle strap cuts at my ankles the wrong way and makes my already thick calves look even thicker.

I'm currently lusting over Alexander McQueen's spring shoe collection, inspired by butterflies, particularly these, even though the ankle strap probably wouldn't work for me. But honestly, I probably would never wear them. I'd put them in a glass case and just look at them.
http://theluxbeat.com/wp-content/upl..._mcqueen-6.jpg

and I might maim someone to get my paws on a pair of Christian Louboutins. Those red bottomed black patent leather pointy toed heels just do all the right things for me. One day, one day I will own a pair.

I'm with you on Louboutins, and in theory I kind of like that McQueen pair, but I can't help thinking that they make it look like her feet have some sort of infectious disease.

ninja dog 03-05-2011 04:45 PM

They look Grecian to me, in the classical sense. More art than wearable. So, I agree with em (the fantasical).

Pic of the Louboutins?

My love for Zoe's pinks remains undaunted.

(RCW, you're just being teased. Keep your panties on ((if not your socks.)

Nej 03-05-2011 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saria (Post 1601833)
Quote:

Originally Posted by emthefantastical (Post 1601798)
Is this a rate Ninja's shoes thread or a post shoes we love thread? I'm not sure, so I'll do both.
I like those shoes Ninj, but I couldn't wear them. The ankle strap cuts at my ankles the wrong way and makes my already thick calves look even thicker.

I'm currently lusting over Alexander McQueen's spring shoe collection, inspired by butterflies, particularly these, even though the ankle strap probably wouldn't work for me. But honestly, I probably would never wear them. I'd put them in a glass case and just look at them.
http://theluxbeat.com/wp-content/upl..._mcqueen-6.jpg

and I might maim someone to get my paws on a pair of Christian Louboutins. Those red bottomed black patent leather pointy toed heels just do all the right things for me. One day, one day I will own a pair.

I'm with you on Louboutins, and in theory I kind of like that McQueen pair, but I can't help thinking that they make it look like her feet have some sort of infectious disease.

Beautiful!!! The Pink Satin ones wouldn't work on me but I love them nonetheless.

I attached a pic of some of my babies below :love4: I keep them on display because I like to look at them in winter when I can't wear them.

Ruthie Davis is my new fav shoe designer ... Simply gorgeous!!!

Nej 03-05-2011 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I attached some Ruthie Davis Shoes .... google her, I go bananas for them (in the words of Rachel Zoe)

Her website www.ruthiedavis.com gives me a shoegasm

emthefantastical 03-05-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja dog (Post 1601851)
They look Grecian to me, in the classical sense. More art than wearable. So, I agree with em (the fantasical).

Pic of the Louboutins?

My love for Zoe's pinks remains undaunted.

(RCW, you're just being teased. Keep your panties on ((if not your socks.)

Exactly. The entire spring shoe collection is like that. They are absolutely beautiful, but definitely not practical to wear. Just stunning to look at.

Louboutin's are far more wearable. It's just that signature red bottom that really gets me. Depending on the ones you get they are wearable on a daily basis. I just want a classic black patent pair. They would be the last pair of shoes I would ever need.

http://shoesforlady.com/images/Chris...pumps-VRh1.jpg

But if I could get another pair, besides the black pointy toe, I would also get these:
http://www.christianloubouting.com/images/423.jpg
Are they practical? Not at all. Are they shiny and fun and wonderful? Absolutely.

ninja dog 03-05-2011 05:50 PM

Wow! Those blue ones look like they're made from something extinct and undersea-dwelling. What is it? Are they nubbly? Shiny irl?

I have a question about the styles Nej posted: what is it called when the ball of the foot area is stacked like that? It's like a platform front, with a spiked heel. I don't think the gold pair have that feature, but the other three pair do.

emthefantastical 03-05-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja dog (Post 1601882)
Wow! Those blue ones look like they're made from something extinct and undersea-dwelling. What is it? Are they nubbly? Shiny irl?

I have a question about the styles Nej posted: what is it called when the ball of the foot area is stacked like that? It's like a platform front, with a spiked heel. I don't think the gold pair have that feature, but the other three pair do.

They are quite shiny IRL, but are nubbly/grainy? I'm not really sure how to describe it, but it's definitely not smooth.

And it's called a platform. It's so you can wear a 4 or 5 inch heel, but it only feels like 2 or three inches on your foot because of the platform. It helps with being able to walk, and also with avoiding serious foot cramping/inability to walk.

ninja dog 03-05-2011 06:49 PM

So, it's not a traditional platform, which had an even sole and heel, however high. It's a hybrid platform/spike.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com