05-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Join Date: Mar 2001
I bascially forgot to remove the ribbing/seeds from them...LOL.
I have a couple more tomatoes, so I will add those, maybe a tbsp of sugar and see how that does.
The receipe is in my latest Martha Stewart Everyday Food. It's a pretty simple roasted salsa...and hubby LOVES chips and salsa. NOTE: I used two large tomatoes, not plum. I also added just a tbsp of lime juice and salt and pepper.
- 9 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- 3 jalapeno chiles, plus more if desired
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Coarse salt
- Preheat broiler. Place tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until tomatoes and jalapenos are charred, about 7 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the roasted garlic. Transfer to a blender along with the charred tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and 1 tablespoon salt. Puree until smooth. For a thinner consistency, add water as needed. Season with salt to taste.