Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree29Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #21
 
KurlyPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttlolla View Post
People who constantly say "obviously" "basically" "at the end of the day".

lol That cracked me up, cause my dad does that really bad...It annoys me too..
__________________
<3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
KurlyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #22
 
Who Me?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,010
Default

I like efficiency, so pretty much anything that slows me down is a pet peeve:
  1. slow walkers on the sidewalk, or groups that aren't paying attention, and are just meandering around
  2. On an escalator, anyone that doesn't obey the "stand to the right, walk to the left". I have very irrational anger over this. I fantasize about just shoving people sometimes. I need help.
  3. On a train or bus or elevator, people who stand at the doorway instead of moving in. I fantasize about shoving people here, too. I think I need to go to more yoga.
  4. When driving, cars that basically swerve to the right in order to take a left turn, blocking as much traffic as possible. Really, anyone blocking my lane is a pet peeve.

Aside from efficiency-related things, I have a major pet peeve about people not trying things. People who say they "don't like apples", for example, but haven't eaten an apple since they were 3 years old 40 years ago. Or say they don't like something that they've never tried is even worse. You've never tried it! You can't "not like it"!
__________________
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
Who Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #23
 
midgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Me? View Post
I like efficiency, so pretty much anything that slows me down is a pet peeve:
  1. slow walkers on the sidewalk, or groups that aren't paying attention, and are just meandering around
  2. On an escalator, anyone that doesn't obey the "stand to the right, walk to the left". I have very irrational anger over this. I fantasize about just shoving people sometimes. I need help.
  3. On a train or bus or elevator, people who stand at the doorway instead of moving in. I fantasize about shoving people here, too. I think I need to go to more yoga.
  4. When driving, cars that basically swerve to the right in order to take a left turn, blocking as much traffic as possible. Really, anyone blocking my lane is a pet peeve.

Aside from efficiency-related things, I have a major pet peeve about people not trying things. People who say they "don't like apples", for example, but haven't eaten an apple since they were 3 years old 40 years ago. Or say they don't like something that they've never tried is even worse. You've never tried it! You can't "not like it"!
LMAO! I can relate with your pent-up angst. In many situations, I have to redirect myself by chanting in my head or trying to focus on something else. Eventually, I can successfully will the urge to act a fool away, but there's just so much temptation in the world...
__________________
I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
midgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #24
 
Nallia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,523
Default

People who pee all over toilet seats and don't wipe up their mess before leaving the stall/bathroom.
__________________
"...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

Nallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #25
 
annabananalise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,791
Default

I don't know if this has been said, but people who whip out in front of you on the road and then go SO SLOW.

This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.
__________________
Last relaxer: 8.4.10
BC: 9.6.11

when will your favs?

annabananalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #26
 
StayC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 107
Default

Slow people

Crying babies at the movies...(come on, if you can afford the movies, I'm sure you can afford a babysitter. If for some reason the baby sitter canceled at the last minute, rent a movie and let the rest of us watch the movie in peace!)

Noise

People who think I should know what celebrity they're talking about when they say the name Jennifer.

inconsiderate people
Nosy people

People who don't say thank you when you hold the door open for them.

People who talk on their cell phones while at the doctors office. Come on people...walk outside, no one really wants to know your business.

Facebook... How many times have you talked to someone you knew, decided you didn't want everyone to know your business, gave the people your personal email address, only to never hear from them. Sorry, am I only worth speaking to when others can see what you're saying to me?

To sum it up..................My pet peeve are PEOPLE!!!!!! (All of you are excluded from that...I love each and every one of you)
__________________

Hair Type : 2c/3a
Hair Texture - Fine
Porosity - Normal
Elasticity- Low

Every curly should get a hair analysis



StayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #27
 
ttlolla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 938
Default

Yawning and talking at the same time
ttlolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #28
 
divegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
To sum it up..................My pet peeve are PEOPLE!!!!!! (All of you are excluded from that...I love each and every one of you)
I say this with alarming frequency: I hate people.

My current pet peeve is the meatheads in the weight room at the gym who do not re-rack their multiple 45lb plates when they're done bench pressing or whatever. So I have to unload and rack them before putting my own weights on the bar. I suppose I get a bit of an extra workout out of it but it really pisses me off.
divegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #29
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,903
Default

I have recently developed a new peeve over the course of a few months.

I hate when some random strange dude (usually one I wouldnt even look at once) ask me,"What you mixed with?" after i tell them, their follow up question, "You date [insert their race here(usually black)] guys?

Why would you ask me that?? It offends me and piss me off! I dont care about the race, but just because you asked me that, HELL NAW I WOULDN"T DATE YOU!! And it has nothing to do with your race.
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #30
 
SpaghettiHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,294
Default

People who sing every lyric to every song at the top of their lungs at a concert. As if to prove what a super fan they are.
I didn't come here to see you perform, thanks.
__________________

SpaghettiHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #31
 
ttlolla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiHead View Post
People who sing every lyric to every song at the top of their lungs at a concert. As if to prove what a super fan they are.
I didn't come here to see you perform, thanks.
LOL
ttlolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #32
 
KurlyPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,262
Default

When you're watching a movie you've never watched before (or any movie at all) and people keep asking what's happening or just TALKING... please shut up!
__________________
<3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
KurlyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #33
 
sinistral55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,386
Default

--ANYBODY who chews/snaps/cracks gum....or chews with their mouth wide open. I will and have used earplugs--in the company breakroom, in a store--to keep from busting someone in the head.

--People who act so entitled and oblivious to everyone around them when receiving customer service. On the same ticket, people who are rude to service personnel for no damn reason. I have to restrain myself from butting in and cursing them out.

--People who think they're cute; excessive hair flinging/fondling/flipping, trying to walk like a "model", stank snotty "I'm the sh*t" facial expression. I just.cannot.stand.it.

--People who "hate to read"

--"Friends" who act differently towards me when we're around certain people.

--Poor travelers....i.e., people who don't want to walk anywhere.....or when several (or all) of my traveling companions refuse to eat any of the local cuisine or try a local restaurant. HTF can you go to NEW YORK CITY and "oh, we'll just eat at Wendy's" every fricking day???? Wendy's?? WENDY'S!!! UURRGGHHHH!!!

Similarly, I HATE when certain traveling companions don't know how to dress/act when far away from home. I HATE when some of them INSIST on dressing "sexy/clubwear" regardless of the setting. Or act stupid, loud and thirsty for attention. HATE. IT.

It's true, some people you really CAN'T take any-damn-where. I've started turning down invitations if certain people are going and there's no way to avoid them (splitting up and going our own ways, etc.)
__________________
"Nobody here but us chickens......"

"Chicken in the breadpan, kickin out dough..." *shrug*




Last edited by sinistral55; 07-21-2011 at 04:43 PM.
sinistral55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #34
 
BrettyU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 724
Default

People who are unnecessarily negative/ people who ask for your advise or suggestions and have an elaborate reason as to why NONE of your suggestions will work.

People who ask questions to give their response (did you even attempt to listen) along the same lines people who converse one sided (while you speak they are formulating their thoughts not listening.)

It annoys me when people refuse to be resourceful. Do you really need every answer in life handed to you on a silver platter with a side of fries?

Nothing bugs me more than someone breathing on me... It has the potential to ruin my day it's pretty bad
BrettyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #35
 
KurlyPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettyU View Post
Nothing bugs me more than someone breathing on me... It has the potential to ruin my day it's pretty bad
Me too!! We were in Old Navy for their $1 flip flop sale, people were crowded in there! When I got in the check out line there was a lady behind me that was standing SO close to me that she was breathing on my neck. yeah, not good..
__________________
<3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
KurlyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #36
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettyU View Post
People who are unnecessarily negative/ people who ask for your advise or suggestions and have an elaborate reason as to why NONE of your suggestions will work.

People who ask questions to give their response (did you even attempt to listen) along the same lines people who converse one sided (while you speak they are formulating their thoughts not listening.)

It annoys me when people refuse to be resourceful. Do you really need every answer in life handed to you on a silver platter with a side of fries?

Nothing bugs me more than someone breathing on me... It has the potential to ruin my day it's pretty bad
OH MY GOD!!! I hate this. I get some people may not be that good at reserching, but can you atleast put in an attempt before bugging me! ANd whats worse is when they dont use it or at the end of your hours long search when you could had been doing something to benefit you, they say, "oh never mind i dont need it anymore"
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #37
 
SpaghettiHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,294
Default

Close talkers.
__________________

SpaghettiHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #38
 
FieryCurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,423
Default

Missionary trips. I think it's great if people want to go to other locations and countries and help out, but don't bring your d@mn religion into it.
__________________


FieryCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #39
 
BrettyU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryCurls View Post
Missionary trips. I think it's great if people want to go to other locations and countries and help out, but don't bring your d@mn religion into it.
I couldn't agree more! I did a lot of missionary trips in college and was completely disgusted by my peers using it as an opportunity to forcefully convert people. Some even went as far as to withhold food and aid to those refusing to convert it sickens me to my core especially because these are the same people preaching the values of Christianity while so blatantly acting so against everything they so called believed in. As many said above I can't stand people lol.
BrettyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #40
 
tamekans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 49
Default

1. When people misspell words, or use the wrong word in a sentence. ****Example**** "People have "TO" much time on "THERE" hands.

2. When people type like this. "Yuh N33d tuh 0p3n uuhp m0!" (Aaaagh that just drives me crazy) isn't it easier to type normal? 3. Walking on wet floors or carpets. 4. When people stare. (Really? Either say something or move along). That's all I can come up with right now but I can write a book on all my pet peeves.

Last edited by tamekans; 07-22-2011 at 11:09 AM.
tamekans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com