Anyone ever gotten a false negative pregnancy test?? I'm freaking out!!!

Like Tree20Likes

As I said before, it wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for me breaking up with him. We were planning on getting married and stuff so we weren't against having a baby...now that we aren't together I was concerned because I never wanted to have a "baby daddy" lol, and I don't think I could handle an abortion or adoption.
Originally Posted by IAmJordanNicole


Not to beat a dead horse, but...

How can you go from baby-making-wanna-get-married to broken-up-don't-want-a-baby-daddy all in 2 weeks?
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Right. And why do I have a feeling that the "dad" might not have been clued in on these "it's cool if I get knocked up" plan.

Purely speculating, obvly. But yeah, there are some holes in this plot.
Originally Posted by LAwoman
What do you mean he wasn't clued in?? He knew I wasnt on bc, an he clearly knew that we stopped using condoms. We had the "what if we get pregnant" talk and agreed that if we did we'd keep it and start a family.

You know what they say about assuming...


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk



Not to beat a dead horse, but...

How can you go from baby-making-wanna-get-married to broken-up-don't-want-a-baby-daddy all in 2 weeks?
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Right. And why do I have a feeling that the "dad" might not have been clued in on these "it's cool if I get knocked up" plan.

Purely speculating, obvly. But yeah, there are some holes in this plot.
Originally Posted by LAwoman
What do you mean he wasn't clued in?? He knew I wasnt on bc, an he clearly knew that we stopped using condoms. We had the "what if we get pregnant" talk and agreed that if we did we'd keep it and start a family.

You know what they say about assuming...


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by IAmJordanNicole
I'm not sure there really is much assuming going on in this thread...a few others have obviously had the same thoughts I did about your posts.
What kind of condomess [pun intended accidently] are folks using that come off or break?!
And I've never understood using a condom AND bc AND still getting pg?
Originally Posted by WileESteelNervs
I've always been skeptical of people who said they got pregnant on bc. Or the people who said the condom must have broken but they didn't notice until their period was late.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by IAmJordanNicole
I know someone who got pregnant on the pill. She found out later it didn't work because she was ovulating twice a month. She ended up getting an abortion.
Yaaa, honestly, this 'i wanted to get pregnant when I was with him, but now that we broke up I don't' is extremely immature sounding.

Getting pregnant and having a baby is not just what you want to do NOW - its what you will have for the rest of your life. No matter what happens or changes, or what feelings or changes you'll go through in life (because you WILL have changes. Lots of them. Everyone does), you will have this child with you to have to be responsible for.

The point is, if you thought you'd be okay with having a child with a person, and then broke up with them 2 weeks later - you're not using good judgement.


Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
Yaaa, honestly, this 'i wanted to get pregnant when I was with him, but now that we broke up I don't' is extremely immature sounding.

Getting pregnant and having a baby is not just what you want to do NOW - its what you will have for the rest of your life. No matter what happens or changes, or what feelings or changes you'll go through in life (because you WILL have changes. Lots of them. Everyone does), you will have this child with you to have to be responsible for.

The point is, if you thought you'd be okay with having a child with a person, and then broke up with them 2 weeks later - you're not using good judgement.


Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
Originally Posted by iroc
Exactly what I was thinking.
Yaaa, honestly, this 'i wanted to get pregnant when I was with him, but now that we broke up I don't' is extremely immature sounding.

Getting pregnant and having a baby is not just what you want to do NOW - its what you will have for the rest of your life. No matter what happens or changes, or what feelings or changes you'll go through in life (because you WILL have changes. Lots of them. Everyone does), you will have this child with you to have to be responsible for.

The point is, if you thought you'd be okay with having a child with a person, and then broke up with them 2 weeks later - you're not using good judgement.


Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
Originally Posted by iroc
I wasn't TRYING to have a baby, I just wasn't preventing it and wasn't closed off to the idea. No one knows why we broke up so you really can't speak on that. I still am in love with him, we just can't be together.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

I wasn't TRYING to have a baby, I just wasn't preventing it
Originally Posted by IAmJordanNicole
Wait... what?
I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
Yaaa, honestly, this 'i wanted to get pregnant when I was with him, but now that we broke up I don't' is extremely immature sounding.

Getting pregnant and having a baby is not just what you want to do NOW - its what you will have for the rest of your life. No matter what happens or changes, or what feelings or changes you'll go through in life (because you WILL have changes. Lots of them. Everyone does), you will have this child with you to have to be responsible for.

The point is, if you thought you'd be okay with having a child with a person, and then broke up with them 2 weeks later - you're not using good judgement.


Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
Originally Posted by iroc
I wasn't TRYING to have a baby, I just wasn't preventing it and wasn't closed off to the idea. No one knows why we broke up so you really can't speak on that. I still am in love with him, we just can't be together.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by IAmJordanNicole
I believe this is called "denial". If you're open to having a baby, and not using protection, and having sex.....well, being in denial about how babies are made doesn't really change the fact that you were doing exactly what people do when they try to have a baby. It might do you well to accept your reality. Denial is not a method of birth control. If you don't actively WANT to be a young, single mother, then you should start using birth control. It's really that simple.
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON

I wasn't TRYING to have a baby, I just wasn't preventing it
Originally Posted by IAmJordanNicole
Wait... what?
Originally Posted by midgi
We weren't actively trying. We were using the pullout method which we knew wasn't 100% effective but we took our chances and decided we were okay with dealing with the consequences. I don't know what you don't understand if you actually read the whole thing. Either way, y'all aren't helping and I'm not explaining myself any further. That's enough.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
At this point, no matter what you say, someone will find fault with it. I would just let it go. There's no use in trying to explain yourself. You did what you did, you either learned or you didn't. Either way, it is what it is.

Keep up updated.
WileESteelNervs likes this.
Yaaa, honestly, this 'i wanted to get pregnant when I was with him, but now that we broke up I don't' is extremely immature sounding.

Getting pregnant and having a baby is not just what you want to do NOW - its what you will have for the rest of your life. No matter what happens or changes, or what feelings or changes you'll go through in life (because you WILL have changes. Lots of them. Everyone does), you will have this child with you to have to be responsible for.

The point is, if you thought you'd be okay with having a child with a person, and then broke up with them 2 weeks later - you're not using good judgement.


Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
Originally Posted by iroc
I wasn't TRYING to have a baby, I just wasn't preventing it and wasn't closed off to the idea. No one knows why we broke up so you really can't speak on that. I still am in love with him, we just can't be together.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by IAmJordanNicole
I believe this is called "denial". If you're open to having a baby, and not using protection, and having sex.....well, being in denial about how babies are made doesn't really change the fact that you were doing exactly what people do when they try to have a baby. It might do you well to accept your reality. Denial is not a method of birth control. If you don't actively WANT to be a young, single mother, then you should start using birth control. It's really that simple.
Originally Posted by Who Me?

I would agree that 'trying' to get pregnant vs not 'preventing' it is not the same thing.

I mean there are certain things you can do to make pregnancy more or less possible.

I had a friend who had NO desire to get pregnant, KNEW she was ovulating, and still had unprotected sex AND let him go off in her. I said to her 'you DO know how babies are made, right?'

I would definitely call that denial. Some people aren't scared enough of pregnancy until it actually happens to them. Then they go have an abortion because they 'aren't ready' to have a baby. *eyeroll*

Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
What kind of condomess [pun intended accidently] are folks using that come off or break?!
And I've never understood using a condom AND bc AND still getting pg?
Originally Posted by WileESteelNervs
I've always been skeptical of people who said they got pregnant on bc. Or the people who said the condom must have broken but they didn't notice until their period was late.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by IAmJordanNicole
I know someone who got pregnant on the pill. She found out later it didn't work because she was ovulating twice a month. She ended up getting an abortion.
Originally Posted by Josephine


More holes in the plot. The pill works by suppressing ovulation...all ovulation, no matter if it's once, twice, thrice, etc. Women who get pregnant on the pill are usually experiencing "user error".
Wiregirl and Like.Australia like this.

I've always been skeptical of people who said they got pregnant on bc. Or the people who said the condom must have broken but they didn't notice until their period was late.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by IAmJordanNicole
I know someone who got pregnant on the pill. She found out later it didn't work because she was ovulating twice a month. She ended up getting an abortion.
Originally Posted by Josephine


More holes in the plot. The pill works by suppressing ovulation...all ovulation, no matter if it's once, twice, thrice, etc. Women who get pregnant on the pill are usually experiencing "user error".
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Ya, I don't believe the 'I got pregnant while on the pill' - 'i used condoms and the pill and still got pregnant' - 'i was on the Depo shot and got pregnant' - stories.


Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
WileESteelNervs likes this.
What kind of condomess [pun intended accidently] are folks using that come off or break?!
And I've never understood using a condom AND bc AND still getting pg?
Originally Posted by WileESteelNervs

Uhm, condoms do tear from nails and rough sex (I'm not even going to sugar coat it). My ex used to not think and pull the condom off by the tip instead of rolling it off.

And I wasn't on BC I just used condoms.

I've always been skeptical of people who said they got pregnant on bc. Or the people who said the condom must have broken but they didn't notice until their period was late.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by IAmJordanNicole
I know someone who got pregnant on the pill. She found out later it didn't work because she was ovulating twice a month. She ended up getting an abortion.
Originally Posted by Josephine


More holes in the plot. The pill works by suppressing ovulation...all ovulation, no matter if it's once, twice, thrice, etc. Women who get pregnant on the pill are usually experiencing "user error".
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
I had to change bc pills because I was experiencing symptoms of ovulation. But never got pregnant. Whew!


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

I know someone who got pregnant on the pill. She found out later it didn't work because she was ovulating twice a month. She ended up getting an abortion.
Originally Posted by Josephine


More holes in the plot. The pill works by suppressing ovulation...all ovulation, no matter if it's once, twice, thrice, etc. Women who get pregnant on the pill are usually experiencing "user error".
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Ya, I don't believe the 'I got pregnant while on the pill' - 'i used condoms and the pill and still got pregnant' - 'i was on the Depo shot and got pregnant' - stories.
Originally Posted by iroc


Especially the Depo Provera shot. DP does not fail, when used correctly. If a woman gets pregnant while on DP, it was because she was already pregnant when she got the shot.



More holes in the plot. The pill works by suppressing ovulation...all ovulation, no matter if it's once, twice, thrice, etc. Women who get pregnant on the pill are usually experiencing "user error".
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Ya, I don't believe the 'I got pregnant while on the pill' - 'i used condoms and the pill and still got pregnant' - 'i was on the Depo shot and got pregnant' - stories.
Originally Posted by iroc


Especially the Depo Provera shot. DP does not fail, when used correctly. If a woman gets pregnant while on DP, it was because she was already pregnant when she got the shot.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
My boyfriends ex was full of them. One kid she was on bc and used condoms, another she was on the Depo shot and used condoms. (not his kids)

I was like, she's lying. She's completely lying to you. It just doesn't happen.

When people overuse those stories, it makes me think they planned their pregnancy. Maybe to 'trap' a guy? I don't know, but why make up such obvious bologna?


Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
What kind of condomess [pun intended accidently] are folks using that come off or break?!
And I've never understood using a condom AND bc AND still getting pg?
Originally Posted by WileESteelNervs

Uhm, condoms do tear from nails and rough sex (I'm not even going to sugar coat it). My ex used to not think and pull the condom off by the tip instead of rolling it off.

And I wasn't on BC I just used condoms.
Originally Posted by favoritecolorblu
Code:
dumb...
What kind of condomess [pun intended accidently] are folks using that come off or break?!
And I've never understood using a condom AND bc AND still getting pg?
Originally Posted by WileESteelNervs

Uhm, condoms do tear from nails and rough sex (I'm not even going to sugar coat it). My ex used to not think and pull the condom off by the tip instead of rolling it off.

And I wasn't on BC I just used condoms.
Originally Posted by favoritecolorblu
Yep, I had a condom come off and another break in consecutive months. When I went into my college student health center for the second month in a row for the MAP, they highly suggested another form of birth control.

I also got pregnant on the pill, but it was DEFINITELY user error.

What kind of condomess [pun intended accidently] are folks using that come off or break?!
And I've never understood using a condom AND bc AND still getting pg?
Originally Posted by WileESteelNervs

Uhm, condoms do tear from nails and rough sex (I'm not even going to sugar coat it). My ex used to not think and pull the condom off by the tip instead of rolling it off.

And I wasn't on BC I just used condoms.
Originally Posted by favoritecolorblu
I would classify "nails and rough sex" as causes for slippage and broken condoms under user error. If you got long or raggedy nails, tasker extra care when putting it on. If you know you like rough sex, use 2 forms of BC just to be on the safe side.

I really don't understand why women have to act so stupid about protecting themselves from unwanted pregnancy. Yea, **** happens, but if you are actively taking steps to prevent it, the risk decreases significantly.

If you know you don't want a child, why risk it?

Sent from The Brick
I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com