CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   Once Upon a Time - anyone watching? (with SPOILERS) (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/136962-once-upon-time-anyone-watching-spoilers.html)

Poodlehead 12-06-2011 12:20 PM

Once Upon a Time - anyone watching? (with SPOILERS)
 
I'm oddly taken by this show. Watching on Hulu. I'm developing a crush on Prince Charming!

ShrekLover 12-06-2011 12:58 PM

LOVE IT! My husband too, and rarely gets hooked on a show. We haven't seen this week's yet but it is on DVR and hopefully tonight.

I can't express how awesome it is, but I think you had to start watching at least by episode 2 to have any idea of what is going on. Did you see the first 2 episodes?

CurliLocks 12-06-2011 01:03 PM

Yes, I've been watching since the beginning. :) I like it so far.

Poodlehead 12-06-2011 01:05 PM

I agree, the first episode is key.

The New Black 12-06-2011 01:21 PM

I like the show too. Is hulu free? Id like to go back and watch ep 1.

Poodlehead 12-06-2011 01:23 PM

Yep! Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu.

CGNYC 12-06-2011 01:51 PM

I have tried watching it and I'll admit it's almost 100% because I'm obsessed with Snow White's makeup. Seriously, anyone get me a product run down for that? I can't get into the actual show and I think I'm done.

ss40 12-06-2011 02:16 PM

My dh and kids and I are glued when once upon a time is on. I love the plot & this is a great role for "cameron" from house. I expected something cheesy but whoa. its like all my children meets all the disney masterpieces. Its a keeper.

Mise 12-06-2011 02:29 PM

Add me to the list. I didn't think it would be something I'd like. I watched the first episode one night, out of boredom and it got me hooked!

CurliLocks 12-06-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sienna40 (Post 1829250)
My dh and kids and I are glued when once upon a time is on. I love the plot & this is a great role for "cameron" from house. I expected something cheesy but whoa. its like all my children meets all the disney masterpieces. Its a keeper.

That's where I've seen her! duh! :oops: Much different role.

cailin 12-06-2011 06:40 PM

I'm watching it as well. It's totally a guilty pleasure for me. I was afraid it was going to be like "The Charmings" from the 80's..remember that?

Still, I don't get why they had to dress the blue fairy like an extra from "My big fat gypsy wedding" :sign6:

The New Black 12-06-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGNYC (Post 1829221)
I have tried watching it and I'll admit it's almost 100% because I'm obsessed with Snow White's makeup. Seriously, anyone get me a product run down for that? I can't get into the actual show and I think I'm done.

The whole Snow White look? Or a specific aspect of it?

CanItBeChristine 12-06-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cailin (Post 1829455)
I'm watching it as well. It's totally a guilty pleasure for me. I was afraid it was going to be like "The Charmings" from the 80's..remember that?

Still, I don't get why they had to dress the blue fairy like an extra from "My big fat gypsy wedding" :sign6:

I so remember The Charmings! I didn't think anyone else did.

wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap 12-07-2011 07:02 AM

I just started watching it. I'm three episodes in and I really like it so far.

CanItBeChristine 12-07-2011 09:23 AM

I was hooked on the first three episodes, and then missed, and my computer has been freezing like crazy when watching things lately. I'll have to watch it on On Demand.

I love Faerie Tales! This show put me in the mood to watch my old Faerie Tale Theatres.

I also love Ginnifer Goodwin...I think she's beautiful.

ShrekLover 12-07-2011 09:39 AM

We finally saw this weeks episode, when it was over hubby said "I don't want it to be over". That is so unlike him.

ETA: Don't you guys love how they mix in pretty much all the fairy tale characters? King Midas was a hoot.

Also, cailin, the blue fairy looks exactly like Cinderallas fairy godmother did in my childhood Golden Book. I love that.

cailin 12-07-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShrekLover (Post 1829786)
We finally saw this weeks episode, when it was over hubby said "I don't want it to be over". That is so unlike him.

ETA: Don't you guys love how they mix in pretty much all the fairy tale characters? King Midas was a hoot.

Also, cailin, the blue fairy looks exactly like Cinderallas fairy godmother did in my childhood Golden Book. I love that.

HA! Really? I love the thought that a character in a Golden Book had a giant rack popping out of her corset.

I feel like it's a wink to adults watching.

rouquinne 12-07-2011 10:29 AM

love, love, LOVE it!

:D

ShrekLover 12-07-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cailin (Post 1829827)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShrekLover (Post 1829786)
We finally saw this weeks episode, when it was over hubby said "I don't want it to be over". That is so unlike him.

ETA: Don't you guys love how they mix in pretty much all the fairy tale characters? King Midas was a hoot.

Also, cailin, the blue fairy looks exactly like Cinderallas fairy godmother did in my childhood Golden Book. I love that.

HA! Really? I love the thought that a character in a Golden Book had a giant rack popping out of her corset.

I feel like it's a wink to adults watching.

I admit I didn't notice her chest. I just remember the outfit and hat. I was really excited when I saw her because I immediately thought of my book.

juicyfruit 12-07-2011 07:25 PM

Interesting. I also liked Jennifer Morrison on House.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com