Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree54Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #41
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl View Post
Oh it's a dangerous thing all 'round. But many women ride/drive in heels. I don't dress for safety much of the time. No helmet. And if it's super hot I don't wear leathers or my boots, just shorts, tank top and flip flops (take into account that I'm not driving, just riding in flip flops. I don't recommend them for driving at all even in a vehicle).
The woman in the Vespa pic is dressed much safer than I usually dress. And I don't think most scooters can go over 50 mph (we often go over 100 mph).
Not condoning it for others tho. You be careful when you get your scooter, Scrills!!
I'm hiding this entire statement from Mr. Spring (aka Mr. Safety) so he doesn't faint.
jeepcurlygurl likes this.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #42
 
scrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,286
Default

Ninja, don't worry. i will only drive it around the neighborhood. You know to work, church and of course to the bar. Where I will get completely wasted, loose track of time, and drink home, drunk, in the middle of the nighe in 6" heels, no helmet, and short-shorts and a tank :-)
spring1onu likes this.
scrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #43
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
Ninja, don't worry. i will only drive it around the neighborhood. You know to work, church and of course to the bar. Where I will get completely wasted, loose track of time, and drink home, drunk, in the middle of the nighe in 6" heels, no helmet, and short-shorts and a tank :-)
LMAO!!


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #44
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

Thank you.

I appreciate your personal contribution to my eventual heart attack.

(The least you could do is invite me along to the bar so I can check out the weird ensembles. And yes, you can sit on the seat, drunk, while I push us back to your house.)
jeepcurlygurl likes this.
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #45
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudine19 View Post
Thank you.

I appreciate your personal contribution to my eventual heart attack.

(The least you could do is invite me along to the bar so I can check out the weird ensembles. And yes, you can sit on the seat, drunk, while I push us back to your house.)
That made me laugh too!!


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #46
 
scrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,286
Default

There is a bar near my house that I love. Let's just say it is very "blue collar". when I walk in, everyone turns and looks at me like I have 2 heads. But by the end of the night, I've friends with half the bar. and they have the best wings and cheap drinks.

Oh, and the bartenders are brothers, Tom, Dick, but no Harry, although their mom comes in and drinks sometimes

i can only imagine the looks Ninja and would get at that place, especially when you add in a pink Vespa. Let's do it!
Josephine likes this.
scrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #47
 
jeepcurlygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 14,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
There is a bar near my house that I love. Let's just say it is very "blue collar". when I walk in, everyone turns and looks at me like I have 2 heads. But by the end of the night, I've friends with half the bar. and they have the best wings and cheap drinks.

Oh, and the bartenders are brothers, Tom, Dick, but no Harry, although their mom comes in and drinks sometimes

i can only imagine the looks Ninja and would get at that place, especially when you add in a pink Vespa. Let's do it!
Don't forget to wear your beard hats!
scrills likes this.
__________________
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, Ojon Restorative Treatment, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
jeepcurlygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #48
 
WurlyLox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
There is a bar near my house that I love. Let's just say it is very "blue collar". when I walk in, everyone turns and looks at me like I have 2 heads. But by the end of the night, I've friends with half the bar. and they have the best wings and cheap drinks.

Oh, and the bartenders are brothers, Tom, Dick, but no Harry, although their mom comes in and drinks sometimes

i can only imagine the looks Ninja and would get at that place, especially when you add in a pink Vespa. Let's do it!
Tom, Dick and Mama - Love it, LOL!
__________________
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett
WurlyLox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #49
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

As always, I'm in, Scrills.

(We never got beard hats, but I still have my bear ears hat with pom-poms. I'll wear whatever Scrills tells me to wear.)
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #50
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

I'm moving in with Scrills.
scrills likes this.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #51
 
MoppyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,674
Default

Riding my cute red scooter around town in a sassy manner is literally the one thing I miss about being single. My helmet had flame decals on the sides, oh yes it did.

She still sits in my backyard, lonely and not working. I tried to sell her on CL but all the scooter dudes emailing me detailed questions about Why Doesn't It Run and Do You Know What's Wrong With It and It Might Be The Fuel Line Some Stellas Had Bad Fuel Lines So You Should Really Check The Fuel Line And Also Are You Cute were more than I could handle while I was working full-time and grad schooling full-time and freelancing. Maybe I should make it a goal for this summer.
jeepcurlygurl and CurlyEyes like this.
__________________
The best revenge is living well. The second best revenge is fire ants.
MoppyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #52
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

Back in CT there was a lady who rode a pink scooter and she had a pug that rode around with her in a milk crate on the back. Wish I had gotten a picture of that.
scrills likes this.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #53
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

Oh, Moppy. Why did I not have the good fortune of knowing you when I lived in Chicago, slogging back and forth to N.U., or waiting outside for Mama Desta's to open?

I get the fuel line questions, too. It's just so much blather. The one person who could keep her running was my friend down the street, who could fix anything. She gave me a complicated set of pre-start directions, and then she moved away to become an electrician. Since Scrills has mechanics in the family, I figure she'll do all right. And if she doesn't, that's okay, too, since it's clear she means to totally abuse my faith in her good sense and driving abilities.

springy, if you move in with Scrills, just know in advance that her friends carry fancy purses. Like Paris Hilton and a cute puppy she doesn't deserve fancy. (I couldn't keep up, so I just admired.)
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #54
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

I'm sure they'll be in awe of my well worn Etsy purse. (of which I'm about to have the girl who made this one make me another in different fabrics...do y'all know how stress inducing and overwhelming it is to pick coordinating fabrics?!)
scrills likes this.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #55
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

etsy!

I think that's where Scrills is making her fortune, as a matter of fact.
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #56
 
scrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudine19 View Post
Oh, Moppy. Why did I not have the good fortune of knowing you when I lived in Chicago, slogging back and forth to N.U., or waiting outside for Mama Desta's to open?

I get the fuel line questions, too. It's just so much blather. The one person who could keep her running was my friend down the street, who could fix anything. She gave me a complicated set of pre-start directions, and then she moved away to become an electrician. Since Scrills has mechanics in the family, I figure she'll do all right. And if she doesn't, that's okay, too, since it's clear she means to totally abuse my faith in her good sense and driving abilities.

springy, if you move in with Scrills, just know in advance that her friends carry fancy purses. Like Paris Hilton and a cute puppy she doesn't deserve fancy. (I couldn't keep up, so I just admired.)
scrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #57
 
scrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring1onu View Post
I'm sure they'll be in awe of my well worn Etsy purse. (of which I'm about to have the girl who made this one make me another in different fabrics...do y'all know how stress inducing and overwhelming it is to pick coordinating fabrics?!)
Don't worry, my friends aren't fancy. Just a random accessory. WE love Etsy purses:-)

We all got one for Christmas. so cute.
spring1onu likes this.
scrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #58
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl View Post
Oh it's a dangerous thing all 'round. But many women ride/drive in heels. I don't dress for safety much of the time. No helmet. And if it's super hot I don't wear leathers or my boots, just shorts, tank top and flip flops (take into account that I'm not driving, just riding in flip flops. I don't recommend them for driving at all even in a vehicle).
The woman in the Vespa pic is dressed much safer than I usually dress. And I don't think most scooters can go over 50 mph (we often go over 100 mph).
Not condoning it for others tho. You be careful when you get your scooter, Scrills!!
I'm terrified to ride on bf's bike down the road at 30 mph!

I'm holding out til he gets me a sidecar. ;p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #59
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudine19 View Post
Oh, Moppy. Why did I not have the good fortune of knowing you when I lived in Chicago, slogging back and forth to N.U., or waiting outside for Mama Desta's to open?

I get the fuel line questions, too. It's just so much blather. The one person who could keep her running was my friend down the street, who could fix anything. She gave me a complicated set of pre-start directions, and then she moved away to become an electrician. Since Scrills has mechanics in the family, I figure she'll do all right. And if she doesn't, that's okay, too, since it's clear she means to totally abuse my faith in her good sense and driving abilities.

springy, if you move in with Scrills, just know in advance that her friends carry fancy purses. Like Paris Hilton and a cute puppy she doesn't deserve fancy. (I couldn't keep up, so I just admired.)
Oh, I know what you're planning, Missy. I can only hope your brothers will apply the necessary pressure to ensure some measure of responsibility once you get her.
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #60
 
MoppyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudine19 View Post
Oh, Moppy. Why did I not have the good fortune of knowing you when I lived in Chicago, slogging back and forth to N.U., or waiting outside for Mama Desta's to open?
Get back, Jojo! When was that? I worked at NU (Evanston campus) from '02-'04!
__________________
The best revenge is living well. The second best revenge is fire ants.
MoppyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com