Horrible new folk remedy. Warning: it's pretty disturbing.

Like Tree16Likes

I think it's important to remember that China is a communist country. The CPC is corrupt, oppressive and disorganized. The quality of the products that are produced in China is most likely a reflection of the political, economic, and social environment--not necessarily a reflection of the Chinese people, their standards or their values. The Chinese aren't a homogenous group, much like "American" applies to a variety of ethnic/religious/cultural/etc. groups in the US.

BTW, although the article is about a folk remedy in South Korea, it does say that the pills were manufactured in China.

Even so, as Norah stated, it's probably an obscure practice, or at least limited to a small group of people. The article doesn't state how widespread or popular the pills are.

Finally, are you currently out plowing a field Norah? Your advice is overly-simplistic.
Originally Posted by midgi
No, and I'm not one of the ones complaining about Chinese food standards. I'm just happy to have food any more that I can afford. We can't have it both ways. If we want food made here, we have to make it here or stop complaining and putting blame on other nations. It's that simple. IDK I ate dollar store cookies a few weeks ago (made in India not China), and I'm still alive.

We are a global society. We can't just boycott a country's goods because we don't agree with its policies. Blame our leaders for their policies that discourage American agriculture like spiking property taxes.
Originally Posted by NorahBugg
Actually, yes we can. Buying power is one of the most powerful ways people can make their voices heard.
Originally Posted by KookyCurl
We're not even boycotting Iranian oil when Iran's leaders are corrupt, borderline terrorists and hate our guts. Europe is and look how well it's doing for them. If we were to boycott, my thinking is that we'd start there. We're not an isolationist nation and I hate to see so much anti-China sentiment going around. Anti-Asian really. China's our ally for one and another thing, call me Jon Huntsman but we need China.
Also, as far as food safety, China doesn't have a great record but neither do we. Our plants have salamonella outbreaks on a regular basis. I hear about recalls all the time stemming from our local plants. Pet food originating from one an Ohio plant with an outbreak recently severely sickened two people. Plants everywhere are pressured to produce faster and cheaper with workers getting paid less. It's going to be a problem; it is a problem, and it's not a China-only or Asia-only issue.

Last edited by Guide22; 05-08-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Rude comment
comment removed
Springcurl likes this.

Last edited by Guide22; 05-08-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Comment removed due to rudeness
comment removed due to rudeness

Last edited by Guide22; 05-08-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Rude comment
Guide22
Guest
Posts: n/a
This thread is getting away from the topic. No personal attacks, veiled or outright.
Also, as far as food safety, China doesn't have a great record but neither do we. Our plants have salamonella outbreaks on a regular basis. I hear about recalls all the time stemming from our local plants. Pet food originating from one an Ohio plant with an outbreak recently severely sickened two people. Plants everywhere are pressured to produce faster and cheaper with workers getting paid less. It's going to be a problem; it is a problem, and it's not a China-only or Asia-only issue. Really obnoxious that people don't get this.
Originally Posted by NorahBugg
Why were the people eating pet food?
Also, as far as food safety, China doesn't have a great record but neither do we. Our plants have salamonella outbreaks on a regular basis. I hear about recalls all the time stemming from our local plants. Pet food originating from one an Ohio plant with an outbreak recently severely sickened two people. Plants everywhere are pressured to produce faster and cheaper with workers getting paid less. It's going to be a problem; it is a problem, and it's not a China-only or Asia-only issue. Really obnoxious that people don't get this.
Originally Posted by NorahBugg
Why were the people eating pet food?
Originally Posted by M2LR
It made them sick from just handling it! They reminded everyone to make sure to wash your hands after coming into contact with pet food. I guess we have to nowadays though I use a scooper.
Yes, it is sort of obnoxious when someone totally misses the point.
Originally Posted by CGNYC
What is your "point?" Sorry, couldn't get much past the thinly veiled xenophobia.
Originally Posted by NorahBugg
you know, you're really new here and you might want to get to know people and read their posts before you make that absolutely outrageous claim of xenophobia.


Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang




Last edited by Springcurl; 05-08-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Removed a rude sentence.
Yes, it is sort of obnoxious when someone totally misses the point.
Originally Posted by CGNYC
What is your "point?" Sorry, couldn't get much past the thinly veiled xenophobia.
Originally Posted by NorahBugg
you know, you're really new here and you might want to get to know people and read their posts before you make that absolutely outrageous claim of xenophobia. You're showing your asz.
Originally Posted by Springcurl
I've been here for like 2 months. This is a message board and why would I have to get to know anyone to say their comments are xenophobic? How is that a personal attack? I'm not getting personal; she was rude to me!

It's not just one or two people, it's a widespread thing that is dissettling, and I don't put up with it! I won't respond more to this except to say your's is far more of a personal attack than anything I said! Also, what is your point of coming into this thread just to hound me? She can take care of herself if you think I'm picking on her so badly. Way to try to detract away from the issue.
okay


Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



okay
Originally Posted by Springcurl
Okay, why do you think it's outrageous to call a comment xenophobic when she (and others) leapt from a discussion about some obscure South Korea practice to freaking out over dog biscuits from China? That's outrageous.
Guide22
Guest
Posts: n/a
There is quite a bit of rudeness in this thread. There has already been one warning. This is the second. There will not be another. The thread will be locked. I am asking the rude comments to be edited by the posters or I will edit them. Please stay on topic.
Yo Norah, you are aware that in the original post, the pills were made in China and smuggled? No one is jumping to conclusions except you.

Also, a boycott is literally defined as stopping association with an orginization/country in order to protest its policies. It's been done before by the US.
made up of 98.822% silliness!!

There is quite a bit of rudeness in this thread. There has already been one warning. This is the second. There will not be another. The thread will be locked. I am asking the rude comments to be edited by the posters or I will edit them. Please stay on topic.
Originally Posted by Guide22
It is okay. I've heard more than I want to on this; I'm done. You may edit anything you want though nothing I said was out of turn or meant as an attack. I hear this stuff all the time, and when it gets carried away, I speak out against it. If people get hostile over it they should be held accountable, not me.
Edited: I said I'd back off so I will. Continue on badgering me for trying to instill some logic by telling your board buds something they don't want to hear.

Last edited by NorahBugg; 05-08-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Norah, disagreeing with you is not a personal attack. No one has been hostile. Disagreeing with you is not hostile.

You have completely missed any point anyone else has tried to make because you're busy railing against something no one said.
Springcurl and midgi like this.
Guide22
Guest
Posts: n/a
This thread will be locked.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com