Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
 
Wiregirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,752
Default Senior Photo's $$$

How much should I expect to pay for senior pictures. It's been 8 years since my daughter graduated from high school, and I just can't remember.
Wiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
 
SaraNoH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 817
Default

Anywhere, to upwards of hundreds. What I and many of the people at my high school have done is pay a friend $20 (or not) who has a decent camera, then use a simple editing site if you want. There's no need to spend a ton of money on.... pictures? Most of the Sr. pictures in our yearbook were from amateur photographers and they turn out just fine. It's only high school after all...
__________________
CG Birthday: 7/25/11
Type 3a/2c
Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
Leave In: ^^^^
Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
*Desert Curly*
SaraNoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
 
Jess the Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,582
Send a message via Yahoo to Jess the Mess
Default

My parents paid the obligatory money to have my yearbook pics done. Never ordered any. Went and had my pics to send to family done at a much cheaper studio.

I never order my kids' school pics. I would much rather go to a place where I can see proofs before I spend the money.


My fat thumb will make mistakes.
__________________
High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Jess the Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,903
Default

A LOT!!!!
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
 
Like.Australia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,746
Default

My parents opted to go to a private studio, rather than use the standard Lifetouch or whatever it's called that goes around to schools. I think they paid a $100-200 (don't remember exactly) for the photo session, but I have no idea how much the prints cost. They ordered a bunch and I don't think it was cheap. This was back in '01/'02, so I'm not sure if the prices are still the same. I'm sure it also depends where you live. I wouldn't rely on an amateur photo, but that's me. :shrug:
Like.Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
 
cmb4314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 931
Default

I know my mom was complaining that the ones from Lifetouch are significantly more expensive this year for my sister than they were when I graduated (2001).

Back then for $100-200 we got an 8x10, a few 5x7s, a whole pile of wallets, and we got to keep all the proofs they sent us and they gave us a little cardboard frame to hold all 6 or so proofs. The same price now was getting her like, 3 prints total, and the proofs were marked so as to be unusable for display.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CurlTalk App
cmb4314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like.Australia View Post
My parents opted to go to a private studio, rather than use the standard Lifetouch or whatever it's called that goes around to schools. I think they paid a $100-200 (don't remember exactly) for the photo session, but I have no idea how much the prints cost. They ordered a bunch and I don't think it was cheap. This was back in '01/'02, so I'm not sure if the prices are still the same. I'm sure it also depends where you live. I wouldn't rely on an amateur photo, but that's me. :shrug:
Was that just for them to take your picture?? I graduated in 01 and the photo shoot was maybe 30 bucks and I got I think 5 diffenerent poses and 3 outfit changes. I people who comes to the school did it. Actually ordering prints breaks the bank. we just gave people copies of the proofs.
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
 
Like.Australia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelio View Post
Was that just for them to take your picture?? I graduated in 01 and the photo shoot was maybe 30 bucks and I got I think 5 diffenerent poses and 3 outfit changes. I people who comes to the school did it. Actually ordering prints breaks the bank. we just gave people copies of the proofs.
Yup. It was several hours (4 I think) of shooting and hundreds of photos though. The photographer was/is pretty well known and had a good reputation in the area though.
Like.Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #9
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like.Australia View Post
Yup. It was several hours (4 I think) of shooting and hundreds of photos though. The photographer was/is pretty well known and had a good reputation in the area though.
I had to pay for my own photos. there was no way i could had afforded that. The pics I took would good enough.
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com