Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree48Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
 
The New Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,683
Default Anderson Cooper: "I'm gay"

Anderson Cooper: 'I'm Gay' | Gallery | Wonderwall

Quote:
Gay Pride Month just wrapped up in June, but Anderson Cooper made a big, long-anticipated announcement on Monday: In what has long been an open secret, the award-winning CNN journalist and talk show host, 45, came out as gay in an open letter to political blogger Andrew Sullivan.

"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn't be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud," Cooper writes to Sullivan, as excerpted on the Daily Beast.
I still want to marry him...
honeysweet20 likes this.
__________________
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
The New Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
Anderson Cooper: 'I'm Gay' | Gallery | Wonderwall

Quote:
Gay Pride Month just wrapped up in June, but Anderson Cooper made a big, long-anticipated announcement on Monday: In what has long been an open secret, the award-winning CNN journalist and talk show host, 45, came out as gay in an open letter to political blogger Andrew Sullivan.

"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn't be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud," Cooper writes to Sullivan, as excerpted on the Daily Beast.
I still want to marry him...
Me too. I did wonder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
 
spiderlashes5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,334
Default

Didn't he make this announcement 5 or 6 yrs ago?
__________________
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
 
coilynapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,213
Default

BIG surprise!!! I always suspected it. He's still a yummah looking man!
__________________
coilynapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
 
sew and sew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,706
Default

Frank Caliendo:
"Anderson Cooper announcing he's straight would have been a bigger story. #CNN "
__________________
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald
sew and sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
 
luvmylocs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 8,862
Default

right. shocker! still luv him
__________________
a dreamy pisces
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural
luvmylocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
 
The New Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 View Post
Didn't he make this announcement 5 or 6 yrs ago?
Nope.
__________________
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
The New Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
 
curlysue21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,589
Default

I always thought he was too smart and handsome to be straight. I think its nice he is finally open about it, even though I don't know why it should matter.
__________________
2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

curlysue21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
Anderson Cooper: 'I'm Gay' | Gallery | Wonderwall

Quote:
Gay Pride Month just wrapped up in June, but Anderson Cooper made a big, long-anticipated announcement on Monday: In what has long been an open secret, the award-winning CNN journalist and talk show host, 45, came out as gay in an open letter to political blogger Andrew Sullivan.

"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn't be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud," Cooper writes to Sullivan, as excerpted on the Daily Beast.
I still want to marry him...
Me 2nd.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
 
MoppyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,674
Default

^ The sad thing is, you could marry him, even never having met him before, and you would have an overall easier time of it than he would if he tried to marry his actual partner. Which seems like part of the reason he went official-public, rather than everyone-knows-anyway-public.

He's super-nuthouse-awesome with cheese and bacon.
honeysweet20 and Always@night like this.
__________________
The best revenge is living well. The second best revenge is fire ants.
MoppyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoppyT View Post
^ The sad thing is, you could marry him, even never having met him before, and you would have an overall easier time of it than he would if he tried to marry his actual partner. Which seems like part of the reason he went official-public, rather than everyone-knows-anyway-public.

He's super-nuthouse-awesome with cheese and bacon.
Such a great point.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

It's been obvious to me that he's gay. His boyfriend that he was photographed with several times is gorgeous..which is no surprise..I mean look at him!

I understood why he didn't come out..he's extremely professional and in the public eye so I get keeping one's private life..just that: Private. Heterosexual people don't normally announce their sexual orientation..so I never felt he owed anyone a public acknowledgment of what his is..either way. So it never bothered me and now that's he's announced it..still doesn't bother me. I think he's fantastic.
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
Anderson Cooper: 'I'm Gay' | Gallery | Wonderwall

Quote:
Gay Pride Month just wrapped up in June, but Anderson Cooper made a big, long-anticipated announcement on Monday: In what has long been an open secret, the award-winning CNN journalist and talk show host, 45, came out as gay in an open letter to political blogger Andrew Sullivan.

"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn't be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud," Cooper writes to Sullivan, as excerpted on the Daily Beast.
I still want to marry him...
My Dear, I say this with all due love and respect, but you have enough on your plate at present.
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #14
SCG
 
SCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 View Post
Didn't he make this announcement 5 or 6 yrs ago?
I thought he did, too!
__________________

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

I thought everyone knew....who cares.

He still sexy tho.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #16
 
Who Me?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,010
Default

Did you read the actual letter? It's very well-written. It's about how he always tried to keep his private life private, but realized it was being interpreted that he's ashamed or trying to keep it secret that he's gay, but that's not true. So he came out and said it, so people would realize he's not ashamed of being gay.

I'm on my phone, but someone should post the link.
__________________
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
Who Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
 
bleuyteuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 244
Default

I too would still marry him. The silver fox.
bleuyteuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #18
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Me? View Post
Did you read the actual letter? It's very well-written. It's about how he always tried to keep his private life private, but realized it was being interpreted that he's ashamed or trying to keep it secret that he's gay, but that's not true. So he came out and said it, so people would realize he's not ashamed of being gay.

I'm on my phone, but someone should post the link.
I never thought he was ashamed. I liked that he didn't acknowledge it because HE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. Its his life. Eff everyone elses.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #19
 
sleepymeko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,001
Default

Him announcing that he was gay is like Queen Latifah announcing that she is a lesbian. I mean, everyone pretty much already knows and he wasn't really "in" the closet in the first place. He would go on vacation with his partner and they would go to events together, lol.

But maybe he just needed to say it? Good for him either way! He is still hot to me. I would hit it if only he asked, lol...
honeysweet20 likes this.
__________________
Check out my personal blog




sleepymeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

I think he put it out there to help others not for himself.
diaspora and Parissy198907 like this.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com