Israeli lawmaker tears up New Testament

Like Tree126Likes

I think Blackbanjogirl's point was about being a BLACK Catholic. Which I do know isn't easy. I knew some black catholics growing up and my cousin's on my mom's side went to Catholic school (they are black) and boy did they catch hell. Not only from other blacks because Catholism is seen as "a white people's thing" but because many American blacks were and are still Protestant..so it was considered weird. Also from other white Catholics who don't think blacks belong. So that's what I thought Blackbanjogirl was getting at...

But I also agree with post..especially about Catholics and Jews. In general, I think there is more prejudice toward Judaism in the USA than Catholicism that's for sure.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I think that's a hard comparison to make simply because being *black* in the US is harder almost anywhere. While Jews have hardships in their past, in the US the institutions aren't so much against us.


As for the question about calling us Jews - I remember a thread asking about that. I've never known anyone to have a problem with that, it's a way of shortening people who are Jewish. I don't think anyone on the thread had a problem with it either. Of course, context matters - someone said "You're such a JEW" to me once when I was giving a tip on a credit card receipt, and that was incredibly offensive. She saw I had put cents on the tip line and assumed I was giving an exact percentage. In reality, I was so OCD and making it come to an even dollar amount and rounding up to give well over 20%.

ETA: I said "almost anywhere" simply because I wouldn't be surprised if somehow, somewhere, there's one small town where that's not the case. I don't know of any such place.
curlypearl and *Marah* like this.
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
I think Blackbanjogirl's point was about being a BLACK Catholic. Which I do know isn't easy. I knew some black catholics growing up and my cousin's on my mom's side went to Catholic school (they are black) and boy did they catch hell. Not only from other blacks because Catholism is seen as "a white people's thing" but because many American blacks were and are still Protestant..so it was considered weird. Also from other white Catholics who don't think blacks belong. So that's what I thought Blackbanjogirl was getting at...

But I also agree with post..especially about Catholics and Jews. In general, I think there is more prejudice toward Judaism in the USA than Catholicism that's for sure.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I think that's a hard comparison to make simply because being *black* in the US is harder almost anywhere. While Jews have hardships in their past, in the US the institutions aren't so much against us.


As for the question about calling us Jews - I remember a thread asking about that. I've never known anyone to have a problem with that, it's a way of shortening people who are Jewish. I don't think anyone on the thread had a problem with it either. Of course, context matters - someone said "You're such a JEW" to me once when I was giving a tip on a credit card receipt, and that was incredibly offensive. She saw I had put cents on the tip line and assumed I was giving an exact percentage. In reality, I was so OCD and making it come to an even dollar amount and rounding up to give well over 20%.

ETA: I said "almost anywhere" simply because I wouldn't be surprised if somehow, somewhere, there's one small town where that's not the case. I don't know of any such place.
Originally Posted by NetG

While I can't say if Jews experience discrimination in DEED, they certainly in my opinion still have to face with a lot of negative, nasty and harmful stereotypes.

Example 1: My landlady about 8 years ago was a total witch, kept my apartment temperature at 55 degrees and was generally an unpleasant person. If I'd tell some people a story about her the minute I mentioned her name they'd say, "Oh Shapiro? Well, that says it all, doesn't it?

Example 2: I have a FB acquaintance who I'm assuming is NOT Jewish. His name is completely Italian. His Facebook post said: JEW POWERS ACTIVATE! Just talked my heating oil provider down $0.10/gallon for a fill-up. Getting it at $3.09/gallon before prices start rising again. Then a few posts later wrote: In further Jewness, I dropped $40 into the Ghostbusters slot machine at Foxwoods and cashed out when my balance was $40.02 They'll never see those two pennies again!
curlypearl likes this.


Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang




Last edited by Guide22; 07-19-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Edited due to language rules
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 186
I think Blackbanjogirl's point was about being a BLACK Catholic. Which I do know isn't easy. I knew some black catholics growing up and my cousin's on my mom's side went to Catholic school (they are black) and boy did they catch hell. Not only from other blacks because Catholism is seen as "a white people's thing" but because many American blacks were and are still Protestant..so it was considered weird. Also from other white Catholics who don't think blacks belong. So that's what I thought Blackbanjogirl was getting at...

But I also agree with post..especially about Catholics and Jews. In general, I think there is more prejudice toward Judaism in the USA than Catholicism that's for sure.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I think that's a hard comparison to make simply because being *black* in the US is harder almost anywhere. While Jews have hardships in their past, in the US the institutions aren't so much against us.


As for the question about calling us Jews - I remember a thread asking about that. I've never known anyone to have a problem with that, it's a way of shortening people who are Jewish. I don't think anyone on the thread had a problem with it either. Of course, context matters - someone said "You're such a JEW" to me once when I was giving a tip on a credit card receipt, and that was incredibly offensive. She saw I had put cents on the tip line and assumed I was giving an exact percentage. In reality, I was so OCD and making it come to an even dollar amount and rounding up to give well over 20%.

ETA: I said "almost anywhere" simply because I wouldn't be surprised if somehow, somewhere, there's one small town where that's not the case. I don't know of any such place.
Originally Posted by NetG

While I can't say if Jews experience discrimination in DEED, they certainly in my opinion still have to face with a lot of negative, nasty and harmful stereotypes.

Example 1: My landlady about 8 years ago was a total witch, kept my apartment temperature at 55 degrees and was generally an unpleasant person. If I'd tell some people a story about her the minute I mentioned her name they'd say, "Oh Shapiro? Well, that says it all, doesn't it?

Example 2: I have a FB acquaintance who I'm assuming is NOT Jewish. His name is completely Italian. His Facebook post said: JEW POWERS ACTIVATE! Just talked my heating oil provider down $0.10/gallon for a fill-up. Getting it at $3.09/gallon before prices start rising again. Then a few posts later wrote: In further Jewness, I dropped $40 into the Ghostbusters slot machine at Foxwoods and cashed out when my balance was $40.02 They'll never see those two pennies again!
Originally Posted by Springcurl
Are you sure he's not Jewish? I say this because my boss' name (well, my boss' partner's name) is very close to very common Jewish names in the U.S. if it is not Jewish. I looked it up out of curiousity and it said Italian, but another site said German. If it is German, I'd suspect he is of Jewish descent (He doesn't talk about religion at all.) though he looks German to me. I've heard there are many German names in the U.S. that are considered "Jewish names" but can be held by non-Jewish Germans. I really have no clue how to tell the difference. I guess that's kind of the point I'm making. I worked for a Jewish woman and had no clue she was Jewish until much later. I only worked for her for a week though. I wasn't completely honest about my college grades and I think she really took offense to it and didn't call me back in. I was just taken aback by the question because I've never had any employers ask about my grades or request transcripts. I told her I got mostly a's and b's which was the truth but late in my last year, I went through some bad stuff which caused my GPA to plummet. I think that's the only thing it could be b/c I'd done a really good job for her and she seemed to like me. Anyway, I was just explaining why I worked there for such a short time not making inferences, though I thought later maybe her heritage had something to do with why she valued grades so much. Don't mean to stereotype - just most Jewish people I've known really valued higher education.

Marah, yes, though Catholics in general at least here have always been rather marginalized. For ex. this is a town of about 30,000 people. There are two parishes and two large Baptist churches that have goodness maybe 3x the size of congregation each than the parishes. One of those churches is a Zion Baptist where close to 100% of black people in town belong to. They look like new car lots every Sunday while we literally can't keep a roof over our heads. Our shingles are found blocks away after a windstorm and the whole town knows to not drive by St. Mary's when it storms. There are also smaller evangelical churches mostly Baptist poppin up bigtime in the area. I do think this is reflected in the nation as a whole though people in the northeast and areas with larger Catholic presence don't see it. Catholics are probably only above Baptists still in numbers because of the Latino population.

Catholics are more prone to open discrimination than Jewish people I would just guess because there is a big pc trend goin' on and Catholics belong to Christianity which has the biggest numbers in the U.S. So, there is no problem with people judging it openly, or they seem to think there's no prob doing it. Just in the past week I was blamed by someone I barely know for his wife being molested by her uncle as a child. People are afraid of Catholicism I think because it is rather closed-door, secretive for being such a big denomination.

Among other blacks I've kind of gotten a pass because my family is Jamaican. The blacks who really get it around here are mainline Christian Protestants - Presbyterian, Lutheran - they're always seen as uppity. In fact, most blacks I've known in these churches have converted to Baptist. I used to work for a large business. When we used to gather around the switchboard for our mid-morning black talk, I always felt left out b/c they'd go into talking about church activities. I understand because the black population here is rather small and it's really the only place and opportunity where we all get together. I've attended several times been to events there and haven't been pressured but definitely evangelized. There are 4 black people including me at our parish. We all sit in the same two pews in the back and I really don't know them or anyone else despite having gone there almost 10 years. That's not a race thing though really I don't think - it's a large.... disjointed congregation since there are only 2 parishes for the area. Lately I guess it's the negative press but I've been made to feel guilty for being Catholic not only by the media but directly by others. - - I should add I DO feel guilty for the Catholic Church's problems, and for being a part of it. It's not just the pressures from other people. I admit I'm extra sensitive to the comments and such because of that.- -

Maybe I should not have drawn comparisons, but like Judaism, it becomes a part of who you are that you can't erase. I can't speak about Jewish people, but everyone in town knows who the Catholic families are particularly black Catholic families. Whoa that was long - sorry for goin' on so...

Last edited by Guide22; 07-19-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Edited due to language rules
Marah, I usually agree with you, but the bolded struck me. Im not sure I agree with this. True the sentiments are different, but our bible teach both and they are essentially meant to be the Golden Rule. (at least in my opinion).
Originally Posted by scrills
You are entitled.

Are you saying that the bible teaches to do someone what they do to you (good or bad) while the torah teaches do what's kind?
I simply posted what is written in the New Testament...reference: Luke 6:31. I didn't imply that it says anything besides what is written.

I didn't post a quote from Torah. The other quote was from Hillel (a very significant Jewish sage...among other things). The Torah instructs what is proper for the children of Israel and what is not..one's view on whether it's "kind" or not is subjective.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Ok, let me rephrase. What are you saying those two quotes show/tell about the difference between the two religions?
Originally Posted by scrills

That the intention of each respective quote in the mind of a practicing Christian and a practicing Jew (that fully understands their religion) is different. The motivations behind them are different because the understandings of the religions are different.

However, I am not suggesting or implying that anyone should view either religion as good or bad..that's a very personal choice that is best left to the individual.
I have a question - is it ok for a non-Jewish person to refer to Jewish people as Jews since I remember hearing once that some Jewish people see that as derogatory?
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
That's really on a case-by-case basis. Some people are mainly familiar with the word "Jew" as a slur. "Don't be such a jew, Stop jewing me down." But, the word isn't an insult per se. It's equivalent to calling someone a Christian or a Muslim.

I think it's really up to what you feel is appropriate in a given situation. I get the feeling that it's mainly non-Jews who feel uncomfortable calling people "Jews."
I grew up in a neighborhood where the deed restrictions said no Jews. [snipped for length]
Originally Posted by NetG
Right, and I'm not trying to dismiss or downplay any of that. But my point is, neither the government nor people of the US has ever subjected Jews to anything like Jim Crow or the Japanese internment camps or the Native American genocide. What's happened with Jews is more like what's happened with Irish and Italian immigrants.
I grew up in a neighborhood where the deed restrictions said no Jews. [snipped for length]
Originally Posted by NetG
Right, and I'm not trying to dismiss or downplay any of that. But my point is, neither the government nor people of the US has ever subjected Jews to anything like Jim Crow or the Japanese internment camps or the Native American genocide. What's happened with Jews is more like what's happened with Irish and Italian immigrants.
Originally Posted by Eilonwy
Oh, I was agreeing with you that our generation hasn't had the same kind of emotions even with that.

I just think the claim that Catholics are more persecuted in the US is total BS. Just like it would be if I attempted to claim Jews in the US went through anything like racial minorities.
*Marah* likes this.
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
We get that. LOL.

But what are YOUR interpretations of the two directives? As a Jewish woman, what do think the difference is?
3c/4a
We get that. LOL.

But what are YOUR interpretations of the two directives? As a Jewish woman, what do think the difference is?
Originally Posted by Po
Oops, this was in response to Marah's last post. Stupid phone.
3c/4a
I have a question - is it ok for a non-Jewish person to refer to Jewish people as Jews since I remember hearing once that some Jewish people see that as derogatory?
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
That's really on a case-by-case basis. Some people are mainly familiar with the word "Jew" as a slur. "Don't be such a jew, Stop jewing me down." But, the word isn't an insult per se. It's equivalent to calling someone a Christian or a Muslim.

I think it's really up to what you feel is appropriate in a given situation. I get the feeling that it's mainly non-Jews who feel uncomfortable calling people "Jews."
Originally Posted by Eilonwy
Perhaps you're right. The word Jew has such negative connotations for me due to it being used as a slur. I will never feel comfortable describing an individual as "a Jew." I will always say, a person is "Jewish." Collectively, as a people, I feel more comfortable using the word "Jews." As in, "the Jews have a history of being persecuted." I don't know if I make any sense but this is how I feel.
I grew up in a neighborhood where the deed restrictions said no Jews. [snipped for length]
Originally Posted by NetG
Right, and I'm not trying to dismiss or downplay any of that. But my point is, neither the government nor people of the US has ever subjected Jews to anything like Jim Crow or the Japanese internment camps or the Native American genocide. What's happened with Jews is more like what's happened with Irish and Italian immigrants.
Originally Posted by Eilonwy
Oh, I was agreeing with you that our generation hasn't had the same kind of emotions even with that.

I just think the claim that Catholics are more persecuted in the US is total BS. Just like it would be if I attempted to claim Jews in the US went through anything like racial minorities.
Originally Posted by NetG
No, just on this board LOL
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

I have a question - is it ok for a non-Jewish person to refer to Jewish people as Jews since I remember hearing once that some Jewish people see that as derogatory?
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
That's really on a case-by-case basis. Some people are mainly familiar with the word "Jew" as a slur. "Don't be such a jew, Stop jewing me down." But, the word isn't an insult per se. It's equivalent to calling someone a Christian or a Muslim.

I think it's really up to what you feel is appropriate in a given situation. I get the feeling that it's mainly non-Jews who feel uncomfortable calling people "Jews."
Originally Posted by Eilonwy
Perhaps you're right. The word Jew has such negative connotations for me due to it being used as a slur. I will never feel comfortable describing an individual as "a Jew." I will always say, a person is "Jewish." Collectively, as a people, I feel more comfortable using the word "Jews." As in, "the Jews have a history of being persecuted." I don't know if I make any sense but this is how I feel.
Originally Posted by medussa
Sounds like the same reason a lot of people don't like to use the term Black, even though White is okay to them.
We get that. LOL.

But what are YOUR interpretations of the two directives? As a Jewish woman, what do think the difference is?
Originally Posted by Po
That IS what I answered.
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 186
I grew up in a neighborhood where the deed restrictions said no Jews. [snipped for length]
Originally Posted by NetG
Right, and I'm not trying to dismiss or downplay any of that. But my point is, neither the government nor people of the US has ever subjected Jews to anything like Jim Crow or the Japanese internment camps or the Native American genocide. What's happened with Jews is more like what's happened with Irish and Italian immigrants.
Originally Posted by Eilonwy
Oh, I was agreeing with you that our generation hasn't had the same kind of emotions even with that.

I just think the claim that Catholics are more persecuted in the US is total BS. Just like it would be if I attempted to claim Jews in the US went through anything like racial minorities.
Originally Posted by NetG
But, you made a direct comparison b/w the plights of blacks and the plights of Jewish people. I think it is BS for anyone to try to defend this nutjob politician b/c of religion. I never said Catholics were persecuted, but that they probably face more intolerance than Jewish people. I'm sorry if you take offense to that. I didn't mean to bring out anything that you've experienced being Jewish. I go by my experience and tagged onto what Marah said. It's very easy for white Jews to blend in and be successful in a WASP society.

Maybe I misunderstood your intent which is why I kept silent about it, but I assumed your example was directed to me being the originator of the thread, and took particular offense to that. I'm not going to give an ounce of sympathy to this man or try to understand him. The way I see it like I said is he's an isolated nutjob. I'm not even sure being an Orthodox Jew had any bearing on his decision and IDK why anyone would defend him on that.

I do know what it's like to experience religious intolerance. I think that's a more fair comparison. I didn't mean to make light of anything you've gone through being Jewish again like I said, but it's not like I know nothing of what it's like to get heat on my religion and esp being a black woman when even some of my own family converted and turned on the Catholic faith. Bottom line is yes, I know what it's like to face discrimination based on my race and I don't think it's a fair comparison nor should I feel like, being black, I owe this man an out b/c of his religion being a minority religion in the U.S.

But, you made a direct comparison b/w the plights of blacks and the plights of Jewish people.
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
The plights of blacks and Jews is comparable. The struggle of AMERICAN Jews and AMERICAN blacks..is not.

And maybe it's me that's not understanding NetG..but I thought she made it pretty clear that she knows the difference as she elaborated..unless I've got her pegged all wrong ?
Amneris likes this.
...

I just think the claim that Catholics are more persecuted in the US is total BS. Just like it would be if I attempted to claim Jews in the US went through anything like racial minorities.
Originally Posted by NetG
No, just on this board LOL
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Now that stance I WOULD believe.



But, you made a direct comparison b/w the plights of blacks and the plights of Jewish people.
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
The plights of blacks and Jews is comparable. The struggle of AMERICAN Jews and AMERICAN blacks..is not.

And maybe it's me that's not understanding NetG..but I thought she made it pretty clear that she knows the difference as she elaborated..unless I've got her pegged all wrong ?
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Right.

As an American Jew, I haven't had to deal with anything like either a black person in America or a Jew living in an area with people trying to kill them for existing.


Also, I wasn't aiming an argument at anyone... I was responding to discussion happening, and didn't even realize who the OP was because I rarely look at usernames on posts except to see who I am quoting.
*Marah* likes this.
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 186

But, you made a direct comparison b/w the plights of blacks and the plights of Jewish people.
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
The plights of blacks and Jews is comparable. The struggle of AMERICAN Jews and AMERICAN blacks..is not.

And maybe it's me that's not understanding NetG..but I thought she made it pretty clear that she knows the difference as she elaborated..unless I've got her pegged all wrong ?
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I didn't see where she elaborated, though I disagree - no need to do it in the first place. Why get a comparison chart out and bring up all that? I admit I was a bit baffled at NetG's initial post in this thread. I responded to her saying that it's BS to compare Jewish and Catholic discrimination while she brought race into it as an "example." I was confused at her now, in the same post, saying that it's ridiculous to compare race to religion when she did it first place. You're right, I am probably the one misunderstanding her. Maybe I need another cup of coffee because I'm not getting this at all... And you "know" her, I don't. I'm not saying anything about her as a person - she just brought up my comparison as BS so I wanted to respond and understand her last post a little more.

BTW, I was being flip about the Catholic thing if you didn't recognize this - I don't believe either Catholics or Jews face any widespread discrimination in the western world as I already said earlier in response to Amneris. Just something that came out probably b/c people lately I've noticed seem more likely to bring up religion in their daily going-ons and make judgments about other religions. It's weird I feel very uncomfortable talking about my religious affiliation and now am in the position to have to try to defend it. Maybe it's just where I live but I've heard many other Catholics saying the same thing. Sorry didn't mean to get into that, just thinking aloud trying to figure out why I brought it in here to start with.

I didn't see where she elaborated, though I disagree - no need to do it in the first place. Why get a comparison chart out and bring up all that?
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
Hmm.. I really didn't get the impression that she brought out any comparison chart. What I read was her drawing a hypothetical example to make her point..no more and no less. Nor did I get the impression that she was ever trying to suggest that American blacks and American Jews face the same sort of discrimination. To be quite frank.. I didn't notice any sort of iron clad "comparison chart" being discussed until you brought it up in post #37. And then we all went from there with it.

You're right, I am probably the one misunderstanding her. Maybe I need another cup of coffee because I'm not getting this at all... And you "know" her, I don't. I'm not saying anything about her as a person - she just brought up my comparison as BS so I wanted to respond and understand her last post a little more.
I think you are probably misunderstanding her. No, I don't know her. But I can read and she has clarified, explained, and has been pretty decent about doing it. I am very familiar with her postings on NC.com and she just doesn't have a malicious history here when it comes to these matters and there is no reason for me to assume she suddenly is developing one.

So I'm personally not willing to hold something against her (and I'm not suggesting you are) when she was decent enough to come back and clarify on this matter. Particularly, when I really don't think she owed anyone that at all. She was clear in her hypothetical example in the first place and if an incorrect assumption was made outside of what she posted..that's not her fault.
NetG likes this.
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 186

I didn't see where she elaborated, though I disagree - no need to do it in the first place. Why get a comparison chart out and bring up all that?
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
Hmm.. I really didn't get the impression that she brought out any comparison chart. What I read was her drawing a hypothetical example to make her point..no more and no less. Nor did I get the impression that she was ever trying to suggest that American blacks and American Jews face the same sort of discrimination. To be quite frank.. I didn't notice any sort of iron clad "comparison chart" being discussed until you brought it up in post #37. And then we all went from there with it.

You're right, I am probably the one misunderstanding her. Maybe I need another cup of coffee because I'm not getting this at all... And you "know" her, I don't. I'm not saying anything about her as a person - she just brought up my comparison as BS so I wanted to respond and understand her last post a little more.
I think you are probably misunderstanding her. No, I don't know her. But I can read and she has clarified, explained, and has been pretty decent about doing it. I am very familiar with her postings on NC.com and she just doesn't have a malicious history here when it comes to these matters and there is no reason for me to assume she suddenly is developing one.

So I'm personally not willing to hold something against her (and I'm not suggesting you are) when she was decent enough to come back and clarify on this matter. Particularly, when I really don't think she owed anyone that at all. She was clear in her hypothetical example in the first place and if an incorrect assumption was made outside of what she posted..that's not her fault.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I only brought it up because she made a pointed shot at something I said. Like I said, I don't hold anything against her. You don't seem to get that I take issue with the example on its face. I also "can read," and I did read her follow-up posts in her discussion with Amneris. It doesn't satisfy me personally because I do take issue with a religion/race comparison. Do you get it? However, I said I would have dropped it if she hadn't made the pointed comment. I'm satisfied though - don't really wish to get into it more. I've responded to her and seriously do not hold anything against her (just think we don't see eye to eye on it all) So, don't have anything more to say. Have to cut out, too. I apologize. Peace be with you all.

I didn't see where she elaborated, though I disagree - no need to do it in the first place. Why get a comparison chart out and bring up all that?
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
Hmm.. I really didn't get the impression that she brought out any comparison chart. What I read was her drawing a hypothetical example to make her point..no more and no less. Nor did I get the impression that she was ever trying to suggest that American blacks and American Jews face the same sort of discrimination. To be quite frank.. I didn't notice any sort of iron clad "comparison chart" being discussed until you brought it up in post #37. And then we all went from there with it.

You're right, I am probably the one misunderstanding her. Maybe I need another cup of coffee because I'm not getting this at all... And you "know" her, I don't. I'm not saying anything about her as a person - she just brought up my comparison as BS so I wanted to respond and understand her last post a little more.
I think you are probably misunderstanding her. No, I don't know her. But I can read and she has clarified, explained, and has been pretty decent about doing it. I am very familiar with her postings on NC.com and she just doesn't have a malicious history here when it comes to these matters and there is no reason for me to assume she suddenly is developing one.

So I'm personally not willing to hold something against her (and I'm not suggesting you are) when she was decent enough to come back and clarify on this matter. Particularly, when I really don't think she owed anyone that at all. She was clear in her hypothetical example in the first place and if an incorrect assumption was made outside of what she posted..that's not her fault.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I only brought it up because she made a pointed shot at something I said. Like I said, I don't hold anything against her. You don't seem to get that I take issue with the example on its face. I also "can read," and I did read her follow-up posts in her discussion with Amneris. It doesn't satisfy me personally because I do take issue with a religion/race comparison. Do you get it? However, I said I would have dropped it if she hadn't made the pointed comment. I'm satisfied though - don't really wish to get into it more. I've responded to her and seriously do not hold anything against her (just think we don't see eye to eye on it all) So, don't have anything more to say. Have to cut out, too. I apologize. Peace be with you all.
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl
No, I get your problem with it. But hey if her clarification doesn't satisfy you..okay. I just don't see it as her problem is all. No apology needed. Take care.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com