Wow. Stupid, lying brat (a little long)--UPDATE

You might not have a leg to stand on. Something very similar happened to me years ago. I was driving down one of the streets in town. It was winter and dark outside. I saw a car over at the curb with their lights on and running. I figured they were just sitting there. Anyway, just as I was going past the car she pulled out and hit me. My husband (not my husband at the time) was in the car with me and witnessed the whole thing. She apologized, admitted it was her fault -- she was looking at street signs and house numbers, and gave us her name and insurance info. A few days later we hear from my insurance company that she claims she was not at fault (she got home and we think her husband got involved).

I explained that she pulled out just as I was going by. I was asked what part of my car hit hers. I told them the right front. . . this is the clinker in the whole thing. . . because I got hit at the front of my car I was "not driving defensively enough." I was told something to the effect that when someone pulls out and you hit them with the front of your car if you were driving defensively you should have been able to stop in time (which I don't think is always possible). If she had hit the back half of my car, she would have been at fault. Therefore, it was not her fault. My only recourse was to take her to small claims court. I was told it would take longer and cost more and not guarantee a different outcome.

I haven't read thought this whole thread so don't know if anything similar has been said or not. Just thought I would tell my story. Believe me at the time I was mad. . . just like you.
Originally Posted by munchkin
Interestingly, both you and RedCatWaves think I might be 50% at fault and you're both from Pennsylvania. I wonder if the laws are somewhat different down there.


Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



I personally don't think you are at fault. I didn't think I was either.

Maybe this defensive driving ruling is a PA thing. Don't know. Hope for your sake it is.
3b/c
Well, I guess you learn something new every day. Hubby just said that a lot of states make the citizens do the accident report. I had no idea.
Yeah, the police here don't file a report either, unless there's an injury. Most of the time they won't even respond to a 911 call about an accident. I think it's because there are so many more important things to do and there are so many fender benders, that they don't want to start a precedent.

If I remember correctly, you don't have to file a police report if the damage is less than $1000.
Quote:
When are women going to face the fact that they donít know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
Bonsai Culturist
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
But how do you know what the damage is?
Code:
Hubby's was unreal...
But how do you know what the damage is?
Code:
Hubby's was unreal...
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
You get an estimate through the insurance company.
Quote:
When are women going to face the fact that they donít know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
Bonsai Culturist
Small claims court isn't the hassle you might think. I had to take my landlord to SCC over a plumbing dispute but they never showed up and I won because they were wrong, but that's off the point.

I hit a guy with my car in a wheelchair and was told by the first judge that it was my fault. I requested a hearing, and the guy in the wheelchair appeared and gave his testimony and and it was then determined that it wasn't my fault, so don't believe the first decision you hear if it's not final.

What helps your case is if you took some kind of evasive action, honked the hoor, turned the wheel and/or slammed on your brakes. If you're keeping a reasonable watch and are obeying the laws, you're not responsible for her stupid illegal actions.
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
But how do you know what the damage is?
Code:
Hubby's was unreal...
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
I took it to a drive-in claims center that my insurance company told me to go to. The guy looked at it, took all these pictures and then entered the damage in a computer. The computer actually did the estimating, I guess.


Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



I thought you were not suppose to admit fault after an accident. I think I read that somewhere. Am I wrong? has anyone else hear this ?

I'm sorry, but I don't like when girls work somewhere for three months or whatever, get pregnant, and then go on maternity leave (that their employer pays for)...when they never plan on coming back to that job
Oh for crying out loud! What does this even have to do with this topic? It is so darn random and how sad that it took you what? a month to come up with that little dig .
And it still makes no sense in this context tsk.. tskÖ

national anthem for self-pity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
If she's such a poor driver, she's going to offend again--and get caught. Hopefully, no one will get hurt.
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 779
If you get screwed, at least you know where she parks her car. You can always get her back and dump a couple bottles of nail polish remover on it, unless it's a piece of junk, then I doubt she'd care.
Um....you hit her...you might actually be somewhat at fault. You're supposed to have your car under control at all times. When I've had accidents like that, the fault has been split between both parties.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
My husband and I were talking about my accident last evening, and he said this is basically what happened to me. We each were responsible for our own vehicles. I wasn't driving "defensively" (should have been able to stop in time. . . heck I wasn't even going very fast. . . don't think anyone could have gotten stopped. . . she just turned right into me) because she hit the front of my car; therefore, she wasn't at fault and her insurance co would not pay to fix my car.
3b/c
Geez. You get mad when you say I'm being too judgemental AND when I try to forgive people or try to understand their mistakes?

Like I said, I generally don't agree with many of you, anyway.

AND...I'm just not an "it is what it is" kind of person. I'm not a guy. I guess I also believe in karma.
Originally Posted by slinky1
I have a feeling this happens a lot IRL to you too.
I'm pretty sure in Georgia, no insurance company is going to give anyone any money without a police report(ticket or no ticket). I know Geico doesn't. Without a police report, anyone can make up anything. That's crazy that you don't need it in some places!
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,210
Geez. You get mad when you say I'm being too judgemental AND when I try to forgive people or try to understand their mistakes?

Like I said, I generally don't agree with many of you, anyway.

AND...I'm just not an "it is what it is" kind of person. I'm not a guy. I guess I also believe in karma.
Originally Posted by slinky1
I have a feeling this happens a lot IRL to you too.
Originally Posted by Munchy
BURN!!!

Well, if you are trashy, lying, lazy, fat, jealous whatever broad sitting behind a computer and something I say hits too close to home, it probably is going to make you mad. I can't deny that.

I don't make up the things I mentioned. These are all things that I've actually witnessed people do. I believe that there is a right and wrong in some situations, and I do believe that people are trashy. In fact, I think it is pretty trashy for me and anyone else on here to partake in 75% of what goes on here. If I was in my 30s or 40s doing this message board crap, I might as well put a gun to my head.
Wow. I hadn't read this thread before, what a whole lot of crazy!!!!

I was in an accident in Fl, where a girl ran a redlight and I t-boned her car. A WEEK after the accident, a witness magically appears, the cousin of the girl that I hit is a sheriff, and the accident report magically changes to add a witness at the scene.

My insurance company said if I wanted to take it to court they were more than willing to back me, since it was obvious there was a whole lot of hanky panky going on, but I was in the midst of moving to NY and couldn't see a way to keep coming back to FL to fight it. So I sucked it up. My insurance company felt bad, but what could they really do.
Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
Geez. You get mad when you say I'm being too judgemental AND when I try to forgive people or try to understand their mistakes?

Like I said, I generally don't agree with many of you, anyway.

AND...I'm just not an "it is what it is" kind of person. I'm not a guy. I guess I also believe in karma.
Originally Posted by slinky1
I have a feeling this happens a lot IRL to you too.
Originally Posted by Munchy
BURN!!!

Well, if you are trashy, lying, lazy, fat, jealous whatever broad sitting behind a computer and something I say hits too close to home, it probably is going to make you mad. I can't deny that.

I don't make up the things I mentioned. These are all things that I've actually witnessed people do. I believe that there is a right and wrong in some situations, and I do believe that people are trashy. In fact, I think it is pretty trashy for me and anyone else on here to partake in 75% of what goes on here. If I was in my 30s or 40s doing this message board crap, I might as well put a gun to my head.
Originally Posted by slinky1
Boy am I glad I'm only 26. I guess I have 4 years until I can go get my gun.
Geez. You get mad when you say I'm being too judgemental AND when I try to forgive people or try to understand their mistakes?

Like I said, I generally don't agree with many of you, anyway.

AND...I'm just not an "it is what it is" kind of person. I'm not a guy. I guess I also believe in karma.
Originally Posted by slinky1
I have a feeling this happens a lot IRL to you too.
Originally Posted by Munchy
BURN!!!

Well, if you are trashy, lying, lazy, fat, jealous whatever broad sitting behind a computer and something I say hits too close to home, it probably is going to make you mad. I can't deny that.

I don't make up the things I mentioned. These are all things that I've actually witnessed people do. I believe that there is a right and wrong in some situations, and I do believe that people are trashy. In fact, I think it is pretty trashy for me and anyone else on here to partake in 75% of what goes on here. If I was in my 30s or 40s doing this message board crap, I might as well put a gun to my head.
Originally Posted by slinky1
Boy am I glad I'm only 26. I guess I have 4 years until I can go get my gun.
Originally Posted by Meghuney
I should be dead by now.


Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



In fact, I think it is pretty trashy for me and anyone else on here to partake in 75% of what goes on here. If I was in my 30s or 40s doing this message board crap, I might as well put a gun to my head.

I thought you are 30???
Wait..is it NOT trashy to say that if you were in your 30's or 40's you'd put a gun to your head for doing this message board crap? The REAL question is, why are you HERE if it is such CRAP? Is there a difference between taking part in it when you're in your 20's as opposed to your 30's or 40's? Does something miraculous happen on your 30th birthday where you should no longer take part in message boards? Is there a message board switch that goes off in your head at midnight on said birthday?

I need this explained to me so I can mark this down on my calendar on my birthday four years from now.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com