Rihanna Protects Chris Brown (Oprah)

Like Tree24Likes

Rihanna On Chris Brown:

Rihanna shed her tough girl exterior when discussing ex-boyfriend Chris Brown during an interview with Oprah Winfrey on her television show "Oprah's Next Chapter." The pop star's eyes were welled with tears as she described having conflicting feelings about Brown after he assaulted her in 2009.


Despite being upset with Brown she also felt a need to support him. "I felt protective," she said. "I felt like the only person they hate right now is him. It was a weird confusing space to be in because to be as angry and as angry and as hurt and betrayed, I just felt like he made that mistake because he needed help, and who's gonna help him? Nobody's gonna say he needs help. Everybody's gonna say he's a monster without looking at the source. I was more concerned about him. "
Rihanna fought back tears during the one-minute teaser clip from the "Oprah's Next Chapter" episode airing Sunday, August 19, at 9/8c.
Didn't she just do an interview where she went off on some writer for asking her about that incident? Talking about it was 3 years ago and people need to get over it. And now she wants to go on Oprah and shed tears about it? *insert eyeroll smilie*

Sent from my SCH-I510 using CurlTalk App
Parissy198907 likes this.
“Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
Rihanna.... nothing to say for right now.
Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
BC: December 19, 2009
Products: Whatever works!
Well, they've been seeing each other on and off and she keeps writing on Twitter how they're soulmates. Only reason she left him is because she was in the public eye and was expected to do so.

She is a part of the cycle of abuse. It takes awhile to break free. I would be more surprised if she broke away from him. Leaving an abusive relationship is very difficult for numerous reasons.

Hopefully, one day she'll wake up. But that is not today!
Po, Eilonwy and HomeGrownHairGirl like this.
Check out my personal blog




I personally think this young lady is still in love with this guy. And under a little different circumstances she would fully be back with him by now. We already know they have been away together and have met privately since the incident on several occassions. As well as talk via phone and on Twitter. The media found that dirt and reported it.

Now hey..people have a right to forgive and date who they want but the way she's played this in the media all the way to now is sickening. First her priority was to blame him for everything to salvage her career. That's done. So now that she's over being upset he busted up her face...she misses him..feels remorse about how she let him alone take the fall for their bs and how the media treated him. So now she's trying to sort of let the public know he's not a bad guy..he just needed help. And so much was on her mind at that time..yet she wanted to protect him and blah blah.

She tells it here that they were obsessed with eachother..and she did seem to paint him as a monster herself here when she talks about how there was "no soul in his eyes". I notice how she CONVENIENTLY left out she hit him several times over the text messages from the other girl.
And how she lies... about their physical violence..look at part 2 how Diane catches her in a lie.
Rihanna's First Big Love Turned to Violence - YouTube

Rihanna Interview on ABC, 20/20 (Part 2) - YouTube

Last edited by *Marah*; 08-15-2012 at 09:48 PM.
^^

Classic case of abuse. SMH. This won't end well until she really wants out or until he kills her. I'm sure he was abusive to her before, the whole event just happened in public so she was forced to leave.

I hope she moves on. I really loved her with Kemp... He was FIONE
Check out my personal blog




^^

Classic case of abuse. SMH. This won't end well until she really wants out or until he kills her. I'm sure he was abusive to her before, the whole event just happened in public so she was forced to leave.

I hope she moves on. I really loved her with Kemp... He was FIONE
Originally Posted by sleepymeko
I think it's on both ends. They were BOTH abusive to one another.. but yep. I think they were very intense with eachother and it got so crazy and they had an incredibly abusive relationship. It's what they both saw growing up and I think when you see your parents that way..it breaks something in you.

But I don't think in her mind now that the dust has settled that she believe Chris really meant to hurt her just that he needed help. And today..I really think she still cares about this man because if she didn't..she wouldn't be all on Oprah crying over the fact she wanted to protect him.

I thought this was incredibly interesting..this last part of the Diane Sawyer interview. She (Rihanna) seems to convey her strength, how she couldn't go back because of the message it sent to young girls, and she didn't want to lose the empire she built but yet she still cared for him..and love is blind..this young lady to me seems to be trying to say all the right things but she still is conflicted:

RIHANNA - ABC 2020 EXCLUSIVE PART 3 - YouTube


But I see that was just talk because she's doing songs with the guy, sneaking away to meet in other countries...so I don't feel bad for her (or him)..but I do think it's sad. And the very message she claims she didn't want to send to young girls..she's certainly sending.
There was no need for all these interviews. All you have to do is listen to "Birthday Cake" and know that these two are messed up.
Let me run and listen..ROFL!

ETA:

Okay I just listened and went to metrolyrics and read the lyrics cause most of the time I can't understand a damn thing these young folks singing and rapping in these songs..

Um..wow..that song was..nuts. But typical of the music today. They seem like a match made in crazy messed up abusive heaven.
thelio likes this.

Last edited by *Marah*; 08-15-2012 at 10:19 PM.
^^

You just heard it? Yea, the song is a HOT MESS. I was so pissed when she randomly released it on Twitter, but so were a lot of her fans. Total weirdness. They need to hit up therapy, LOL.

And poor Karate or whatever the hell her name is...
Check out my personal blog




^^

You just heard it? Yea, the song is a HOT MESS. I was so pissed when she randomly released it on Twitter, but so were a lot of her fans. Total weirdness. They need to hit up therapy, LOL.

And poor Karate or whatever the hell her name is...
Originally Posted by sleepymeko
Carcoochie, carne asada, crispety, crunchetty, peanut buttery, etc.
thelio and sleepymeko like this.
I personally think this young lady is still in love with this guy.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Even abuse victims who manage to escape and press charges still love their abusers, more often than not. They do what they can to keep themselves safe, but it's not like the feelings they've developed just go away. Like any human relationships, it's very complex.

Rihanna is at least lucky to make her own money, and a lot of it at that. Most of the time, people who are emotionally ready to leave their abusers are forced to stay: they have nowhere to go, no job or money, and no way to protect themselves from retaliation. On average, abuse victims who manage to permanently leave do so on their seventh attempt. And all of those obstacles are our fault, because the truth is most people just don't give a damn about abuse victims. "Why don't they just leave?"

I think it's on both ends. They were BOTH abusive to one another.. but yep.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Rihanna wasn't abusing him, she was coping with being abused.

I can't say whether this is what she's doing, but people who are being abused may intentionally provoke attacks. The attack is inevitable anyway, and this gives them some small and horrible measure of control over the situation. For some people that's more bearable than never knowing when the next attack will come.
Po, Nej, HomeGrownHairGirl and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Eilonwy; 08-16-2012 at 02:32 AM.
I personally think this young lady is still in love with this guy.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Even abuse victims who manage to escape and press charges still love their abusers, more often than not. They do what they can to keep themselves safe, but it's not like the feelings they've developed just go away. Like any human relationships, it's very complex.

Rihanna is at least lucky to make her own money, and a lot of it at that. Most of the time, people who are emotionally ready to leave their abusers are forced to stay: they have nowhere to go, no job or money, and no way to protect themselves from retaliation. On average, abuse victims who manage to permanently leave do so on their seventh attempt. And all of those obstacles are our fault, because the truth is most people just don't give a damn about abuse victims. "Why don't they just leave?"

I think it's on both ends. They were BOTH abusive to one another.. but yep.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
Rihanna wasn't abusing him, she was coping with being abused.

I can't say whether this is what she's doing, but people who are being abused may intentionally provoke attacks. The attack is inevitable anyway, and this gives them some small and horrible measure of control over the situation. For some people that's more bearable than never knowing when the next attack will come.
Originally Posted by Eilonwy
I'm aware of the cycle of abuse. I've worked with abuse victims. I disagree with you that Rihanna wasn't abusive to him. They both hit one another. She had hit him prior to the incident that went public. This wasn't a case where he was hitting her only and she was keeping this horrible secret. There is a lot more to this story than the general public knows. I think many people (including you simply because of your posts on issues like this on NC..which I'm not judging just stating a fact) have a tendency to only look at the man as being abusive in these situations because that's generally the case and I think it's easy to just blame the man for many reasons depending on the person.

As I see it based on the facts...they are BOTH victims and both perpertrators. If you disagree..okay. But to suggest she's is the lone victim in all this is beyond ridiculous to me considering the facts. So I'll respectfully agree to disagree with you on this situation.
^^

You just heard it? Yea, the song is a HOT MESS. I was so pissed when she randomly released it on Twitter, but so were a lot of her fans. Total weirdness. They need to hit up therapy, LOL.

And poor Karate or whatever the hell her name is...
Originally Posted by sleepymeko
Yeah. I don't really listen to their brand of music. But of course I've heard different songs from them in passing on the radio or television. So I was aware of their music together but I never sought it out to listen.

I think Karrueche is young and naive in many ways. They all are really..naive in the ways of interpersonal relationships. She probably just believes what Chris tells her and thinks to herself.. "I know what I have with him..." Certain women have a tendency to rationalize and justify a lot of bs to stay with a man. Frankly, I find it typical for many women. As far as women have come in society... in a lot of ways when it comes to intimate relationships with men... there isn't as much evolution as I think most would like to think. But I think many women love to talk a good game so they don't seem like a chump to others.

Last edited by *Marah*; 08-16-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Yeah, what SM and Eilonwy said. The abusive cycle is hard to get out of, as much emotionally as physically. Rihanna's feelings are pretty normal. However, I am little surprised she feels this way 3 years after the assault.

^^

You just heard it? Yea, the song is a HOT MESS. I was so pissed when she randomly released it on Twitter, but so were a lot of her fans. Total weirdness. They need to hit up therapy, LOL.

And poor Karate or whatever the hell her name is...
Originally Posted by sleepymeko
LOL
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
Disclaimer: My post is all over the place. I'm at work and had to type it as I found time.

The sex/gender of the perpetrating partner is irrelevant.

I think it's important to distinguish between two partners not being able to control their anger ie. being violent towards one another, and an abusive relationship. The latter involves power and control and a whole lotta other things that makes it abusive. You can have two partners who get into fights every weekend and it's NOT an abusive relationship, and you can have a relationship where the abusive partner NEVER touches the other one and it's an extremely dangerous, abusive relationship. For example, many women are perpetrators of emotional abuse (If you want to make this not specific to sex). Pretty severe emotional abuse.

It's like saying a small child can be abusive to his/her parents. I don't care if the kid punches his mama in the face, spits on her, or steals her pocketbook. Parents hold the power. The abused partner is abused not just because of the violence or not having access to money or whatever. It's because the abuser has emotional and psychological control.

I'm not saying this is Rihanna's situation. I just think that mutually abusive relationships are pretty rare.

I have a male friend who was in an abusive relationship. Ol girl was really looney. He actually pushed her into a coffee table after 2 years of craziness and was arrested for DV. He's not a batterer. I would never say they were mutually abusive towards each other. If I remember correctly, I don't think she had ever hit him.

I was in an abusive relationship and I hit my abuser on numerous occasions. I had never hit a partner prior to that relationship and I've never hit a partner since. It was not a "mutually abusive" relationship.
3c/4a

Last edited by Po; 08-16-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Hmmm people have very interesting ways of rationalizing. I think for a lot of reasons people jump around what constitutes abuse because they don't want to admit to themselves they have indeed engaged in abuse themselves . It's a difficult internal conflict and I understand people's reluctance to embrace it.

I don't think mutually abusive relationships are all that rare anymore. I think they used to be and that the overwhelming majority was men abusing women. I still think more men are the perps than women but I certainly see that there is more of an increase of physical abuse from both parties. These days.. I think people tend to be much more physically abusive to eachother in relationships in general..but because society holds on to the idea that men hold more power whether that be physically or otherwise because of that precedent people are more likely to believe the woman is the sole victim. I think similiar to how people sort of scoff at the idea of a grown man being sexually assaulted (it's certainly not as common as women but it does happen a lot more often than people acknowledge)..futhermore I think a lot of men in society don't want to seem like "wimps" so they aren't very open about being abused themselves in any context whether it be physical, sexual, or otherwise.

I respect people's varying views on these issues even when I don't agree with a particular POV. I recognize not everyone looks at abuse, victimization, manipulation, consent, etc in the same way. Hell..there are even books glorifying abusive relationships..calling it intense deep love that goes beyond the full realm or what normal people are willing to examine. *insert eye roll*. But I get that and I just don't think these matters are cookie cutter for everyone. It's complicated.

Last edited by *Marah*; 08-16-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Disclaimer: My post is all over the place. I'm at work and had to type it as I found time.

The sex/gender of the perpetrating partner is irrelevant.

I think it's important to distinguish between two partners not being able to control their anger ie. being violent towards one another, and an abusive relationship. The latter involves power and control and a whole lotta other things that makes it abusive. You can have two partners who get into fights every weekend and it's NOT an abusive relationship, and you can have a relationship where the abusive partner NEVER touches the other one and it's an extremely dangerous, abusive relationship. For example, many women are perpetrators of emotional abuse (If you want to make this not specific to sex). Pretty severe emotional abuse.

It's like saying a small child can be abusive to his/her parents. I don't care if the kid punches his mama in the face, spits on her, or steals her pocketbook. Parents hold the power. The abused partner is abused not just because of the violence or not having access to money or whatever. It's because the abuser has emotional and psychological control.

I'm not saying this is Rihanna's situation. I just think that mutually abusive relationships are pretty rare.

I have a male friend who was in an abusive relationship. Ol girl was really looney. He actually pushed her into a coffee table after 2 years of craziness and was arrested for DV. He's not a batterer. I would never say they were mutually abusive towards each other. If I remember correctly, I don't think she had ever hit him.

I was in an abusive relationship and I hit my abuser on numerous occasions. I had never hit a partner prior to that relationship and I've never hit a partner since. It was not a "mutually abusive" relationship.
Originally Posted by Po
I get what you are conveying. The post doesn't seem that all over the place that your points are lingering. I most definitely don't agree with all of it.. but I certainly see why you feel as you do and I think you have right to define your relationships as you deem appropriate.
I can understand how being in an abusive relationship would leave someone with confusing feelings. I may not agree with her decisions, but I applaud her for being honest and authentic even though it may not be the 'right' thing to feel or think . She is clearly in a confusing place and hopefully everyone involved can work through it and move forward.

Goodness knows I've sure been in emotionally abusive relationships that have left me very confused and often sympathetic towards them. Not my place to judge.
luvmylocs and sleepymeko like this.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com