Obama - Romney debate

Like Tree382Likes

I don't know what needs cut and what needs kept, but I took Romney's statement as he would look at PBS (along with many things) and, if necessary, cut funds. To me it was just an example. There are a lot of things out there we all love and don't want to lose, but if the money isn't there, the money isn't there. I really don't think Big Bird is going anywhere, and to me it isn't the "big" issue everyone has made it out to be.

One theory the unemployment rate dropped so much is because in reality the unemployed are still there, they have just given up looking. Jack Welch told Anderson Cooper last night he questions the new unemployment numbers wondering how they could have dropped that much that fast. I'm not sure who to believe on this one.
Originally Posted by munchkin


Do you really not pay attention to politics? Or do you only use one particular partisan source for your information? Because you seem very un-informed for someone who is supposedly informed.

The extreme right wing has been gunning to kill PBS for YEARS. They see the "liberal" public broadcast networks as indoctrinating our children with liberal ungodly ideas...like science. They also see NPR public radio news stations as "competition" to their hate radio business. Big Bird is a symbol to make it joke-y, but it is deadly serious. Romney threw out that line as red-meat for his base.

We will be a far poorer nation if we stop funding educational TV and radio and rely only on private programming.

Jack Welch is a criminal and a crook. He is pissed off at the Democrats ever since the Clinton administration made his company, General Electric, pay to clean up the chemicals they illegally dumped under his watch...and because he was investigated by the SEC for his many nefarious and illegal financial dealings.

Funny how the Republicans completely believe the unemployment numbers when they're high, but think the books have been cooked when they drop. Makes no sense. There would have to be a HUGE conspiracy to fudge those employment numbers, and to think that Obama pulled that off after 4 years of over-8% numbers, would be quite a feat.

You really need to change your channel away from Fox occasionally. Dare to step outside the bubble.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
First of all, I said I don't know who to believe.

Second, I think I am just as informed as you and many others on this board. At least I am looking at both sides and all angles. I haven't decided yet who I am voting for. I don't believe either the FAR right or the FAR left; and it seems to me that you and many others on this board only believe the left.
3b/c
Munchkin, I applaud you for keeping an open mind and trying to sort out all the issues.

One of my parents was a Democrat, the other a Republican, so I think that helped me to avoid demonizing either party. From my experience, I think most people only listen to commentators or newscasters that support their point of view and then they characterize the opposite party/candidate as stupid, horrible, etc. ALL Republicans are blah blah, ALL Democrats are blah blah.

It's not tempting to enter into a dialogue here to try to sort out any of the issues, because it ends up in personal attacks. I won't post in this thread any further and I expect that there many be others who won't because they expose themselves to contempt, ridicule, sarcasm and other unproductive responses.
WurlyLox likes this.
2/c and some 3A.
Protein sensitive but can use occasionally
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
For what it's worth, Jack Welch backed off on his original comment during his interview with Anderson Cooper, admitting that he was not making an actual accusation, but rather raising a question. As he failed to provide any information to support his suspicion, there is no reason to believe the books were cooked.
2c, 3a, something like that... Curl-curious?
Big Bird and the muppets are doing a "Million Muppet March" on Washington later this month after Romney said he would fire them. They want to ensure that Washington will protect public television and children's Education

CBS 8: Romney's Big Bird comments give rise to Million Muppet March
Originally Posted by GoldenBlaze
The Muppets aren't organizing this. Obama supporters are. The Sesame Workshop has issued a statement saying that "We do not comment on political campaigns, but we’re happy we can all agree that everyone likes Big Bird."
Originally Posted by KookyCurl
The Muppets aren't organizing the march per se, but one part of your comment is not completely correct. I have researched and discovered that PBS is being VERY vocal about Romney's statement about cutting funding to PBS. So in essence, they have become very much involved in this political race. PBS in one of the articles is promoting for people to retweet its case involving Romney's statement:

"Later on Thursday PBS promoted a post on Twitter – where the main case in its defense had been made – describing itself as "trusted, valued and essential" and asking others to retweet. The post linked to a website stressing the value of the service."

Blaming the "Obama suporters" sounds like yet another LIE from the GOP. PBS is in fact expressing their outrage for the threat of losing finding because of Romney and thus have been forced into politics thanks to Romney.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/pbs-gro...omney?s=mobile

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1175433

http://m.guardiannews.com/tv-and-rad...o&type=article
Amneris likes this.

Last edited by GoldenBlaze; 10-06-2012 at 06:18 PM.
I don't know what needs cut and what needs kept, but I took Romney's statement as he would look at PBS (along with many things) and, if necessary, cut funds. To me it was just an example. There are a lot of things out there we all love and don't want to lose, but if the money isn't there, the money isn't there. I really don't think Big Bird is going anywhere, and to me it isn't the "big" issue everyone has made it out to be.

One theory the unemployment rate dropped so much is because in reality the unemployed are still there, they have just given up looking. Jack Welch told Anderson Cooper last night he questions the new unemployment numbers wondering how they could have dropped that much that fast. I'm not sure who to believe on this one.
Originally Posted by munchkin


Do you really not pay attention to politics? Or do you only use one particular partisan source for your information? Because you seem very un-informed for someone who is supposedly informed.

The extreme right wing has been gunning to kill PBS for YEARS. They see the "liberal" public broadcast networks as indoctrinating our children with liberal ungodly ideas...like science. They also see NPR public radio news stations as "competition" to their hate radio business. Big Bird is a symbol to make it joke-y, but it is deadly serious. Romney threw out that line as red-meat for his base.

We will be a far poorer nation if we stop funding educational TV and radio and rely only on private programming.

Jack Welch is a criminal and a crook. He is pissed off at the Democrats ever since the Clinton administration made his company, General Electric, pay to clean up the chemicals they illegally dumped under his watch...and because he was investigated by the SEC for his many nefarious and illegal financial dealings.

Funny how the Republicans completely believe the unemployment numbers when they're high, but think the books have been cooked when they drop. Makes no sense. There would have to be a HUGE conspiracy to fudge those employment numbers, and to think that Obama pulled that off after 4 years of over-8% numbers, would be quite a feat.

You really need to change your channel away from Fox occasionally. Dare to step outside the bubble.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
First of all, I said I don't know who to believe.

Second, I think I am just as informed as you and many others on this board. At least I am looking at both sides and all angles. I haven't decided yet who I am voting for. I don't believe either the FAR right or the FAR left; and it seems to me that you and many others on this board only believe the left.
Originally Posted by munchkin

Looking at both sides is one thing...people are on both sides of the debate about whether funding a public broadcast network is worthwhile to our society...

But...I really don't know how one could exist in this day and age and consider oneself informed, and not even know about the far right's feelings on PBS. It's been going on for many years, and has been quite virulant at times. To think Romney was just using it "as an example" is just...silly.
Amneris likes this.
I love PBS. Love it. Sesame Street and Mr Rogers were my Pre School with a single mom who worked nights and slept days.

PBS is the channel I have my kids watch so they dont have iCarly, or Fairly Oddparents as their only options. PBS is the in between I can convince my older child to watch shows like Cyberchase or Electric Company that actually teaches her things but doesn't make her feel like she's watching a baby show.

PBS shows give kids their first experience with learning to read. I became a very dedicated reader bc of Reading Rainbow.

Very sad that someone would try to get rid of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
At this point, I find it shocking that a voter is still undecided. The candidates are polar opposites on most major issues.
hippychic likes this.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
If Romney wins this election you all have my deepest sympathy. I ain't even gonna front.
thelio likes this.
I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
"
At this point, I find it shocking that a voter is still undecided. The candidates are polar opposites on most major issues.
Originally Posted by roseannadana
She's always, perpetually undecided though. It's her m.o.
At this point, I find it shocking that a voter is still undecided. The candidates are polar opposites on most major issues.
Originally Posted by roseannadana
Martin Short sung about the undecideds on Letterman this week. I think he starts singing at 2:50. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=0MRuB...%3D0MRuB5bhNeE


Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



At this point, I find it shocking that a voter is still undecided. The candidates are polar opposites on most major issues.
Originally Posted by roseannadana
I keep saying this.
hippychic likes this.
At this point, I find it shocking that a voter is still undecided. The candidates are polar opposites on most major issues.
Originally Posted by roseannadana
She's always, perpetually undecided though. It's her m.o.
Originally Posted by wild~hair
I find it no more shocking than the people who are far left or far right and don't want to even consider anything else. I just plan to listen to everything and watch all the debates before I make my final decision.
3b/c
At this point, I find it shocking that a voter is still undecided. The candidates are polar opposites on most major issues.
Originally Posted by roseannadana
She's always, perpetually undecided though. It's her m.o.
Originally Posted by wild~hair
I find it no more shocking than the people who are far left or far right and don't want to even consider anything else. I just plan to listen to everything and watch all the debates before I make my final decision.
Originally Posted by munchkin
You know you can find everything they will say in the debates on each candidate's website. Waiting until the final debate will probably be frustrating. They aren't going to introduce anything different this late on the game & if they do they would lose their credibility.

Every teardrop is a waterfall
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
Originally Posted by Saria
I find that # hard to believe. I find it ironic that one campaign wants to take America back & the other wants to take America forward.
Good leaders tend not to go backward.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/andy-ostroy/open-letter-mitt-romney_b_1945026.html

Every teardrop is a waterfall
scrills and emthefantastical like this.
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids

Last edited by ss40; 10-08-2012 at 09:25 AM.


Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



What does take back america even mean?

What does the south will rise again mean?

These are the questions that tortureeee my soul!!
coilynapp and thelio like this.

She's always, perpetually undecided though. It's her m.o.
Originally Posted by wild~hair
I find it no more shocking than the people who are far left or far right and don't want to even consider anything else. I just plan to listen to everything and watch all the debates before I make my final decision.
Originally Posted by munchkin
You know you can find everything they will say in the debates on each candidate's website. Waiting until the final debate will probably be frustrating. They aren't going to introduce anything different this late on the game & if they do they would lose their credibility.

Every teardrop is a waterfall
Originally Posted by ss40
When people say they are undecided, I don't think it necessarily means that they don't know what the candidates' platforms are, or that they are waiting to hear anything new from the candidates. Sometimes, they know what the candidates are about but are waiting to decide inside themselves as to which values they prioritize and which things they can live without versus the ones they must have.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali











Well Mitt says something new every day!
nynaeve77 and murrrcat like this.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com