Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree382Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #101
 
Amneris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 25,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by susirene View Post

Your last paragraph is exactly what I am saying about the Catholic church - because I am not Catholic, I cannot have a full-on sacramental Catholic mass, literally and physically IN A CATHOLIC CHURCH, for my wedding ceremony, even if the groom is Catholic. Trust me, I have friends for whom this was a major ordeal because the special dispensation for the groom almost didn't come in in time for the wedding, etc etc. The Catholic church requires at least one spouse to be Catholic, and the other to be at minimum a baptized Christian, to recognize the marriage, and if the non-Catholic is unbaptized, it requires special dispensation from the Bishop. And if one of the people is divorced, then you can't be married in the Catholic church at all.

This is untrue.
__________________
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali











Amneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #102
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves View Post
I hate to make this racial, but...

Romney was VERY aggressive...can you imagine if Obama was even half that aggressive? They'd be calling him a scary-angry-black-man.

And...i really disliked Romney's backhanded way of calling Obama a "boy" by comparing him to his five "boys", who are all grown men.

What a dirty slimey twisty douchbag Romney is...
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #103
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
I like these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #104
 
medussa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 20,269
Default

I'm not feeling optimistic about Obama winning another term.
medussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #105
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,914
Default

I am disappointed in Obama this debate. he really did seem tired and like he was out of gas and just running on fumes. but atleast he didnt just spout out lies just to have something to say.

we need Obama! This country couldnt handle someone like Romney. i would be very afraid.

Sidenote: Maryland has the top rated schools because of the politicians and diplomats has to send their kids somewhere. Most of them attend schools in md. Montgomery county, md is one of the riches areas in the country, therefore has some of the top schools as well. Obama's kids go to a top school in md. i was very shocked when i discovered md was top rated, when schools in Baltimore city is bottom of the barrel.
curlyarca likes this.
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #106
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medussa View Post
I'm not feeling optimistic about Obama winning another term.
Unfortunately, I agree. Many people are looking for a reason to vote for Romney, and they got it last night. The first time the candidates were on stage together, mano a mano, Obama was totally pwned. Romney actually looked presidential, whereas Obama seemed to have his mind elsewhere (anniversary dinner with Michelle, perhaps?)

No excuses for last night's showing. Even without the luxury of 3 days of nonstop preparation, Obama had any number of easy shots that he inexplicably chose not to take.

I couldn't even sleep last night, I was so distraught. Hope I'm wrong, but I think this was a major turning point in the race.
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #107
 
Kilajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
Did you say vp debate? somebody hold my vulva and by somebody I mean Biden...jk and goodnight
Attachment 25452




Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Lol. What would this place be without Turtles!

Anyway Obama was bad... really bad. I had to turn it off. But it doesn't matter for me and my vote.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Kilajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #108
 
The New Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,724
Default

Damn, damn, damn...I fell asleep last night before 9 and woke up at midnight. It sounds like the debate would've just made me mad anyway.
__________________
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242

Last edited by The New Black; 10-04-2012 at 07:30 AM.
The New Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #109
 
Kilajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBlaze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspoppers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBlaze View Post

i totally agree with this post!
I missed this. Part of me wants to see it for myself and part is glad I didn't see it.

I think the biggest mistake Obama made was not bringing up the 47%. It was like he was tired and overworked and was just going through the motions so he could go home to bed.
It was his 20th wedding anniversary. They was lowdown to even schedule the debate on that day.....smh
Um....anybody else has to work on their anniversary, birthday, etc unless they have vacation leave and want to use it, are permitted to use it or the special day falls on their day off, so I don't see the big deal with this.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Kilajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #110
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default

I think Obama did the right thing by playing it low key. He's the President already & probably did a million things that day. A lot of Obama's body language said "you don't know the half of what this job consists of & the goals you will never accomplish even if you do beat me".

Mitt said everything he could to pander to independents. He doesn't talk like that when he is in front of the republican base getting applause. There really was no need to mention the 47% because it was in the back of the viewers' minds. They were waiting for info they already had. He's an entitled guy looking to take away entitlements from others. Which is an awkward stance in my opinion.

I also don't like that they manipulate numbers & say things like "ppl are taking more money from government than they are paying in taxes". They want you to think of welfare recipients. In reality all of the civil servant salaries in the U.S. can be considered money from the government. Are they moochers? I think not. Even those on social security. They are withdrawing on money they contributed. They worked hard all their lives & many of them lost money during the recession, come on.

I'm annoyed with the fact that Mitt & Paul think the American people are dumb enough to fall for some of the things they say.

Every teIardrop is a waterfall
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #111
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss40 View Post

I'm annoyed with the fact that Mitt & Paul think the American people are dumb enough to fall for some of the things they say.
I'm afriad that there will be enough who does fall for it.
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #112
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,003
Default

I think Romney took this debate, but I am still undecided. I realized politics is like a trial; each side has their "expert" and each expert has a different opinion. You just have to figure out which one you believe.

I also think it is easier to be the attacker than the attackee. Obama should have come across a lot more aggressive and confident in himself than he did. I was waiting for Romney to say something "stupid" that he would have to backtrack today on, but that never happened.

I give Romney a point for drs don't want more medicare patients because of Obamacare (which is a shame but true), but I give Obama a point on the voucher system. I can see private health insurers one day having control, and at that point the government loses any control (which could be bad).
__________________
3b/c
munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #113
 
CanItBeChristine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amneris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by susirene View Post

Your last paragraph is exactly what I am saying about the Catholic church - because I am not Catholic, I cannot have a full-on sacramental Catholic mass, literally and physically IN A CATHOLIC CHURCH, for my wedding ceremony, even if the groom is Catholic. Trust me, I have friends for whom this was a major ordeal because the special dispensation for the groom almost didn't come in in time for the wedding, etc etc. The Catholic church requires at least one spouse to be Catholic, and the other to be at minimum a baptized Christian, to recognize the marriage, and if the non-Catholic is unbaptized, it requires special dispensation from the Bishop. And if one of the people is divorced, then you can't be married in the Catholic church at all.

This is untrue.

I think it is true.
CanItBeChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #114
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanItBeChristine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amneris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by susirene View Post

Your last paragraph is exactly what I am saying about the Catholic church - because I am not Catholic, I cannot have a full-on sacramental Catholic mass, literally and physically IN A CATHOLIC CHURCH, for my wedding ceremony, even if the groom is Catholic. Trust me, I have friends for whom this was a major ordeal because the special dispensation for the groom almost didn't come in in time for the wedding, etc etc. The Catholic church requires at least one spouse to be Catholic, and the other to be at minimum a baptized Christian, to recognize the marriage, and if the non-Catholic is unbaptized, it requires special dispensation from the Bishop. And if one of the people is divorced, then you can't be married in the Catholic church at all.

This is untrue.

I think it is true.
A friend just wen thru this. She is not catholic and her husband is. They had to go thru special couseling and sign all this papers, and get "authorization" to have the ceremony at a catholic church. it was all a hassle. I think if you have enough money you can bypass this. I know Alec baldwin just got married in a catholic church which is a no-no for most folks because he is divorce. niether of my two divorced aunts could do it, they had to go to the justice of the peace.
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #115
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanItBeChristine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amneris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by susirene View Post

Your last paragraph is exactly what I am saying about the Catholic church - because I am not Catholic, I cannot have a full-on sacramental Catholic mass, literally and physically IN A CATHOLIC CHURCH, for my wedding ceremony, even if the groom is Catholic. Trust me, I have friends for whom this was a major ordeal because the special dispensation for the groom almost didn't come in in time for the wedding, etc etc. The Catholic church requires at least one spouse to be Catholic, and the other to be at minimum a baptized Christian, to recognize the marriage, and if the non-Catholic is unbaptized, it requires special dispensation from the Bishop. And if one of the people is divorced, then you can't be married in the Catholic church at all.

This is untrue.

I think it is true.
If one of the people is Catholic and divorced, all you have to do is get the church to consider your marriage annulled under the eyes of the church. You are still legally (under the eyes of the law) divorced; just a way for the church to get around it. I know this because my husband's ex-wife had their marriage "annulled by the Catholic church."
__________________
3b/c
munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #116
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanItBeChristine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amneris View Post


This is untrue.

I think it is true.
A friend just wen thru this. She is not catholic and her husband is. They had to go thru special couseling and sign all this papers, and get "authorization" to have the ceremony at a catholic church. it was all a hassle. I think if you have enough money you can bypass this. I know Alec baldwin just got married in a catholic church which is a no-no for most folks because he is divorce. niether of my two divorced aunts could do it, they had to go to the justice of the peace.
My son was married in a Catholic Church in Guatemala. He actually had to convert and be baptized. He didn't really convert - he's agnostic and probably always will be, but he had to do the baptism thing in order to be married in the "eyes of God" for his wife.
__________________

anonymous_22139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #117
 
LadyV69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,442
Default

I do think a slight edge can be given to Romney, but anybody in his position would have had an advantage over an incumbent as they are in a good position to exploit their weaknesses. However, like RCW previously stated, Obama was sort of in a catch-22. If he were as aggressive as Romney, people would have viewed him as an "angry black man" and unfortunately, whites would have been threatened by that.
Amneris, hippychic and thelio like this.
__________________
Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
BC'd: 9/18/09
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
LadyV69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #118
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Wait...Romney called Obama a boy? How I need the receipts cause I had to run to the store for orthopedic inserts before 6am LOL so I missed the rest. Don't you know boy is not a word to address a black man by. Was it a "listen here boy" or "you wanna of my boys" boy?
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #119
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss40 View Post

I'm annoyed with the fact that Mitt & Paul think the American people are dumb enough to fall for some of the things they say.
I'm afriad that there will be enough who does fall for it.
It was like he was saying the same plans as Obama but without how to plans but saying obamas plans are wrong.

Someone on twitter said this which describes how I felt also lol:

Obama - Romney debate-imageuploadedbycurltalk1349358649.523126.jpg
curlyarca, scrills and nynaeve77 like this.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #120
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,980
Default

See, it may be my personal bias but I thought Romney just came off kind of condescending and douchey. Harping on about companies that employ 1/4 of the workforce. Ok? So where does the other 3/4 (in other words a majority of this nations workers) work?

Also, they mentioned poverty what, like once, maybe twice?
curlyarca likes this.
KookyCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com