CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   So this happened to me today... (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/150523-so-happened-me-today.html)

Springcurl 10-04-2012 09:45 PM

So this happened to me today...
 
... I got my period. I just finished one 13 days ago. I am assuming its all part of perimenopause. I have been feeling a little blue and tired so I'll see if my thyroid meds need adjusting but man this was a surprise.

Starmie 10-05-2012 04:19 AM

The same thing happened to me, must be two years ago now, freaked me out a bit so off I went to the dr. She said it could be perimenopause but was probably just a "hormonal blip". I've been pretty much regular again ever since, I sometimes think menopause is never going to happen.

Poodlehead 10-05-2012 06:42 AM

That's me, two weeks on, two off. Been that way for a couple of years now (I'm 46). I'm just hoping we don't do that "dorm room thing," where everyone's period syncs, because that would suck for my little girl.

My sisters are 10 and 7 years older than I am and they went through this too. In fact, my oldest sister had hers non-stop for a while. I think it's all gone now.

LadyV69 10-05-2012 07:40 AM

That happened to me a few times before I got back on the pill three years ago. The doctor didn't find anything wrong, but I'm sure it's due to perimenopause. I'm considering going off it now but I don't relish my period becoming irregular again.

spiderlashes5000 10-05-2012 11:56 AM

I've been "hormonally blipping" for the past 4.5 months...

jeepcurlygurl 10-05-2012 01:55 PM

I hope yours are straightened out soon.
I've been having a period pretty much twice a month for a few years now. Long, heavy, periods with huge clots (some have been nearly fist sized, no exaggeration). After 3 doctors I finally found one who listened and am now going broke having tests and seeing what's up. Hormones are fine, not perimenopause. We know there are some very large fibroids and something possibly wrong with one ovary. More tests next week. I'd be fine with them yanking everything out. I'm tired of it all.
Well that was a little ranty. But my period just started yet again so I'm in a ranty mood. And ranty is the nicest word I could think of. : )

claudine19 10-05-2012 07:36 PM

Golly, Jeepy.

That bites the big one.

juanab 10-05-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl (Post 2046816)
I hope yours are straightened out soon.
I've been having a period pretty much twice a month for a few years now. Long, heavy, periods with huge clots (some have been nearly fist sized, no exaggeration). After 3 doctors I finally found one who listened and am now going broke having tests and seeing what's up. Hormones are fine, not perimenopause. We know there are some very large fibroids and something possibly wrong with one ovary. More tests next week. I'd be fine with them yanking everything out. I'm tired of it all.
Well that was a little ranty. But my period just started yet again so I'm in a ranty mood. And ranty is the nicest word I could think of. : )

Jeep, I have a lot experience in this arena if you have any questions. I had problems since I was 18. After 19 years, I finally had my surgery. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

jeepcurlygurl 10-05-2012 08:04 PM

Thanks juanab. I was so lucky and never had problems my whole life. Then 3-4 years ago it all went to hell. Blah!

Springcurl 10-05-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl (Post 2046964)
Thanks juanab. I was so lucky and never had problems my whole life. Then 3-4 years ago it all went to hell. Blah!

That so sucks. I'm sorry you're going through this.

jeepcurlygurl 10-05-2012 09:52 PM

Thanks spring! I didn't mean to make your thread all about me. Even tho, ya know, the world DOES revolve around me. : )
Having problems for 3 years compared to others who've had problems for decades - I'm lucky. Plus I don't have pain, except in my wallet.

Springcurl 10-05-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl (Post 2047011)
Thanks spring! I didn't mean to make your thread all about me. Even tho, ya know, the world DOES revolve around me. : )
Having problems for 3 years compared to others who've had problems for decades - I'm lucky. Plus I don't have pain, except in my wallet.

No, I'm interested!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com