CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   A Modest Proposal? Nope! GOP legislator actually wants parents to murder their kids (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/150675-modest-proposal-nope-gop-legislator-actually-wants-parents-murder-their-kids.html)

Eilonwy 10-09-2012 12:03 AM

A Modest Proposal? Nope! GOP legislator actually wants parents to murder their kids
 
And he's anti-choice, as if that comes as a surprise.
Link to article

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Fuqua, from his book God's Law: The Only Political Solution
The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellioius [sic] children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21. ... Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority.



The New Black 10-09-2012 08:36 AM

I don't understand how someone who's pro-life could seriously propose this. I don't understand how anyone could propose it. It must be satire. Or maybe he's just not too swift. (Ha! Get it...? Swift? nvm...)

Gretchen 10-09-2012 09:24 AM

He sounds nuts.

Josephine 10-09-2012 10:32 AM

I truly believe at least half if not most men who are anti choice are not really about preserving life but controlling a woman's body.

The New Black 10-09-2012 11:13 AM

^^^Only the men?

yossarian 10-09-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The New Black (Post 2048677)
^^^Only the men?

Excellent point: what about all these women on the lunatic fringe? Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Virginia Foxx (no relation to Redd), Ann Coulter, Phyllis Schlafly (yes, she's still alive!, Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham etc.

The problem is religious fundamentalism, and its inherent chauvanism.

The New Black 10-09-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yossarian (Post 2048686)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The New Black (Post 2048677)
^^^Only the men?

Excellent point: what about all these women on the lunatic fringe? Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Virginia Foxx (no relation to Redd), Ann Coulter, Phyllis Schlafly (yes, she's still alive!, Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham etc.

The problem is religious fundamentalism, and its inherent chauvanism.

Welp, I'm pro-life too (anti-choice, as some of you call it). It has nothing to do with controlling anyone. I was pro-life before I became religious and my mother is pro-choice.

curlyarca 10-09-2012 07:14 PM

Yes, I always miss the weird news. What are they drinking in AR?!

Eilonwy 10-09-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephine (Post 2048651)
I truly believe at least half if not most men who are anti choice are not really about preserving life but controlling a woman's body.

In this case both the woman and the child are the man's property. The woman can't have an abortion because she's the vessel for the man's fetal property. And later, when the child property displeases the man, he can dispose of it.

eta:
Quote:

Originally Posted by The New Black (Post 2048576)
I don't understand how someone who's pro-life could seriously propose this.

He's not pro-life. He just feels very strongly about property rights.

B-Nessa11 10-09-2012 08:40 PM

People need to stop using bible verses as a way to justify dumbazz views.

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com