man picks up wrong "Courtney" from school!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By The New Black
  • 5 Post By thelio
  • 1 Post By CurlyCurlies
  • 4 Post By CurlyCanadian
  • 4 Post By iroc
  • 1 Post By iroc

'I got the wrong Courtney': Man picks up incorrect girl from school - U.S. News=

Crazy that the 9 year old got in the car with him!
Talk about a systems problem. I don't know any school that still let's this happen. When I was in school the only people who could pick you up had to be on a list in the principal's office. No one else could pick you up because of issues like this.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
Every adult in that situation needs to be smacked, except the crossing guard. Give her a raise and a cupcake.
luvmylocs and Wiregirl like this.
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
I'm sorry, but if you dont know what my kid look like I would not call you a friend.
Ha! I can SO see my husband doing this! He can't keep any of my daughter's friends or my friend's kids straight. He sees the neighbor kid every single day but when faced with a lineup of five girls between four and ten with brown hair, I doubt he could pick her out.
Every adult in that situation needs to be smacked, except the crossing guard. Give her a raise and a cupcake.
Originally Posted by The New Black
Yeah, but the crossing guard immediately called the police just because the car looked different? Makes me wonder if she would have called them even if he had picked up the right Courtney.
curlyarca likes this.
I just don't know if crossing guards should release your kid to anyone, at least not before checking id or calling a parent. Or at all.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
That happened to me once, except the reverse.

MY dad's friend was supposed to pick me up when I was in elementary school and I refused to go because I didn't know who he was and I caused a big scene until my brother came and was like "you know him you big dingus"



turned out I did know him I just didn't remember.
That happened to me once, except the reverse.

MY dad's friend was supposed to pick me up when I was in elementary school and I refused to go because I didn't know who he was and I caused a big scene until my brother came and was like "you know him you big dingus"



turned out I did know him I just didn't remember.
Originally Posted by murrrcat


When we were little, we had a code word. In case someone other then our parents had to pick us up, they had to know the word.

My Mom was busy doing something one day, so my Grandfather said he would go get us. I threw a hissy fit (just being a brat) in the school parking lot because he didn't know the word. He finally leaned down and whispered "Get in the f'n car NOW!"

He's 80 now and I still tease him about how awful he was to yell at a scared kid
Po, ruralcurls, murrrcat and 1 others like this.
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn
That story is just ridiculous.

I think my biggest issue is that mom is comfortable with someone picking up her kid who doesn't know her well enough to recognize her. Scary.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
That story is just ridiculous.

I think my biggest issue is that mom is comfortable with someone picking up her kid who doesn't know her well enough to recognize her. Scary.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by iroc

That's what I thought also, but then I had my flashback and well, kids are kids.


I do camps and when I started I was not familiar with the parents (we check ID anyway) but one time they called for Sally to leave because her parents were there, well we have two sally's and I took the wrong sally to leave and I walked her all the way to her "mom" and her mom was like "Not my sally" and I was like "uhhhh why didn't you say that wasn't your mom??"
we walked like 20ft towards her she had all that time to realize that was not her mom you're 10 not 5 but anyway she was like "I don't know *shrug* " And that is how I learned kids do the darndest things. I didn't believe it until I started working with kids.
No, I mean the mom.

I would never entrust someone who only kinda knew my kid to go pick them up from school.

That's just creepy to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
murrrcat likes this.
same here iroc. only family picked me up from school.

if you dont know how my kid look, you are not my friend. you will not be picking my child up from school. period!
That happened to me once, except the reverse.

MY dad's friend was supposed to pick me up when I was in elementary school and I refused to go because I didn't know who he was and I caused a big scene until my brother came and was like "you know him you big dingus"



turned out I did know him I just didn't remember.
Originally Posted by murrrcat


When we were little, we had a code word. In case someone other then our parents had to pick us up, they had to know the word.

My Mom was busy doing something one day, so my Grandfather said he would go get us. I threw a hissy fit (just being a brat) in the school parking lot because he didn't know the word. He finally leaned down and whispered "Get in the f'n car NOW!"

He's 80 now and I still tease him about how awful he was to yell at a scared kid
Originally Posted by CurlyCanadian
LOL!

That is very smart though, about the code word. I will have to remember that if I have kiddies.
"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.
I have a close gf, whom I've known for 12 years. I totally trust her! But she sees my kids maybe once every 2 years. She doesn't work anymore and I have considered making her an emergency contact. I guess I will reacquaint her w/ kids before I do this! LOL

But I can see how this would happen on the part of the parent, friend and kid.

But the school is supposed to see ID and have a signed note from the parent if special pick up arrangements need to be made.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

I can kind of see how this could happen. We are a one car family so my kids get picked up by either SO, my mom, my dad, my step-mom, or me. And there have been times where I've had to send friends to get them. My son also goes home with his friends occasionally for play dates. The yard duties try hard to keep it all straight and have questioned when a new person comes for them. I've never sent someone my children weren't completely comfortable with though. And as a mother, if that situation HAD to occur I would have called the school ahead of time to let them know.
High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

That story is just ridiculous.

I think my biggest issue is that mom is comfortable with someone picking up her kid who doesn't know her well enough to recognize her. Scary.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by iroc
Totally agree

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com