CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   Lots of bottles of enema (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/152144-lots-bottles-enema.html)

spiderlashes5000 11-20-2012 04:34 PM

Lots of bottles of enema
 
What does it mean if you look in someone's medicine cabinets (the person has two bathrooms) and they are crammed with bottles of Fleet Enema?

(yes, I had reason to be looking.)

Is this ever OK? Should I be worried about a serious problem?

I can't see myself bringing this up w/o the person getting mad.

The New Black 11-20-2012 04:37 PM

They have chronic constipation...or a sexual fetish.

iroc 11-20-2012 04:37 PM

You know quite an interesting bunch of people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App

Narnia 11-20-2012 04:39 PM

Could be constipation. I'll hope for your sake?

CGNYC 11-20-2012 04:41 PM

Whatever the reason, it's none of your business. I guess I can sort of maybe understand that you would be curious but why would ever consider bringing it up?

spiderlashes5000 11-20-2012 04:42 PM

LOL at iroc.

LOL at TNB. Let's digress from the sexual fetish theory. If it's constipation...is ut just run of the mill constipation and the person is just ignorant as to more appropriate remedies? Or could it be some kinda special constipation resulting from or causing some kind of serious illness? Could it be something like an intestinal tumor or bowl obstruction or hemmorhoids?

spiderlashes5000 11-20-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGNYC (Post 2073744)
Whatever the reason, it's none of your business. I guess I can sort of maybe understand that you would be curious but why would ever consider bringing it up?

I'm concerned about the person. Not sure if this is reason for concern.

Knotty_Maddy 11-20-2012 04:48 PM

Is the person overly thin? It might be bulemia, if so...Hard to see how you could raise the topic though, without the person knowing you have been through their cabinets....intervention is never easy...

spiderlashes5000 11-20-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knotty_Maddy (Post 2073749)
Is the person overly thin? It might be bulemia, if so...Hard to see how you could raise the topic though, without the person knowing you have been through their cabinets....intervention is never easy...

Not thin at all and very fitness conscious.

The person told me to look in the medicine cabinets bc I needed dental floss.

:goofy:

The New Black 11-20-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 (Post 2073745)
LOL at iroc.

LOL at TNB. Let's digress from the sexual fetish theory. If it's constipation...is ut just run of the mill constipation and the person is just ignorant as to more appropriate remedies? Or could it be some kinda special constipation resulting from or causing some kind of serious illness? Could it be something like an intestinal tumor or bowl obstruction or hemmorhoids?

They could simply just be doing an at-home colonic. Some people swear by colonics to detox, lose weight, reduce bloating and improve overall health.

But, yes, cc could also be from a serious illness.

iroc 11-20-2012 05:10 PM

If they're very fitness conscious they may be doing it to cleanse themselves, flush themselves out, etc.

They may be into different holistic health practices - some people do coffee enemas thinking it detoxes the liver and kidneys or something.

I'm not into it, but people are. Different strokes and all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App

RedCatWaves 11-20-2012 10:17 PM

Sounds like the person has bought into the snake-oil ridiculous "cleansing" fad. The body doesn't need to detox with colonics, but you just can't tell some people that. Colonics have been a favorite of quacks for centuries.

Josephine 11-21-2012 08:31 AM

Honestly, I'd just ask, he/she told you to look in the medicine cabinets.

Lotsawaves 11-21-2012 10:32 AM

I had a friend who's husband used Fleet enemas. He used them so much that his body couldn't go on its own. I think he started using them when he was constipated and it snowballed from there. This could be your friends problem or like other have said, he may thinking he is detoxing his body.

RedCatWaves 11-21-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotsawaves (Post 2074167)
I had a friend who's husband used Fleet enemas. He used them so much that his body couldn't go on its own. I think he started using them when he was constipated and it snowballed from there. This could be your friends problem or like other have said, he may thinking he is detoxing his body.



All chemical and stimulant laxatives and enemas have the effect of causing rebound constipation. So, as you continue to abuse them, you need more-and-more-and-more to get results. It's not uncommon for people to take hundreds of ex-lax pills at a time or use gallons of enemas at the height of their addictions.

The only kind that doesn't do that is "bulk forming" ones that contain psyllium husks or other high fiber. Metamucil is one brand, but there are other. Those are safe to use longterm without creating dependence and tolerance. More than safe, in fact. There is scientific evidence that regular consumption of psyllium husk powders will lower blood cholesterol levels. Now that's some REAL "detoxing".

Po 11-21-2012 02:19 PM

If it was family or a friend, I would just ask. And depending on the person, I might make a joke about it (I would only do this if I was pretty sure they didn't have a serious medical condition). In fact, I would have said something while I was in the cabinet.

spiderlashes5000 11-21-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Po (Post 2074282)
If it was family or a friend, I would just ask. And depending on the person, I might make a joke about it (I would only do this if I was pretty sure they didn't have a serious medical condition). In fact, I would have said something while I was in the cabinet.

Normally, I would, too. But not w/ this person! LOL

spring1onu 11-21-2012 02:28 PM

Maybe they're an extreme couponer. :laughing1:

curlypearl 11-21-2012 07:08 PM

I agree with CGNYC. Even though I think you have good reason to be concerned, unless you think you can help in some way, why bring it up? Will mentioning that you are concerned possibly nudge the person to see a dr.?

Tread carefully. Please let us know what you decide.

Eilonwy 11-21-2012 07:59 PM

Some people use enemas before anal sex to prevent/reduce santorum.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com