CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   Curious...favorite presidential hopefuls (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/1542-curious-favorite-presidential-hopefuls.html)

pongwench 12-29-2003 09:34 AM

Curious...favorite presidential hopefuls
 
Not to start any fierce arguments, but the discussions on Kerry & Kucinich have gotten me curious about which of the possible presidential choices people are leaning towards (that and I was up all night last night -- whoever said all-nighters were only for college kids -- so I'm not getting much done at work ;))

BookishCurly 12-29-2003 10:36 AM

I would prefer a Democrat to win, but, unfortunately, I think it will be this clown again.

http://www.sex-pistols.co.uk/funnies...notenough5.jpg

ZippyElf 12-29-2003 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyMegadethLover
I would prefer a Democrat to win, but, unfortunately, I think it will be this clown again.

http://www.sex-pistols.co.uk/funnies...notenough5.jpg





OMG! hahaha!! Die Bush.... *grumble* I want a democrat too. Stupid bush.... merg

Confused Curly 12-29-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyMegadethLover
I would prefer a Democrat to win, but, unfortunately, I think it will be this clown again.

http://www.sex-pistols.co.uk/funnies...notenough5.jpg

That is hilarious but where is the evil Cheney? He has to be that bald villian in the 70s James Bond movies that was always feeling up that poor cat. The one that looks like Dr. Evil.

Anyway, I don't have a favorite. I want whoever can beat Bush. I've heard that Dean is not that person so someone else would be nice. Since "I don't care" isn't an option I didn't vote in the poll.

Rev. Al would be funny. Picture him in his curlers during a late night emergency!

pongwench 12-29-2003 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlyincali
That is hilarious but where is the evil Cheney? He has to be that bald villian in the 70s James Bond movies that was always feeling up that poor cat. The one that looks like Dr. Evil.

Blowfeld, I think his name is. Too funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlyincali
Anyway, I don't have a favorite. I want whoever can beat Bush. I've heard that Dean is not that person so someone else would be nice. Since "I don't care" isn't an option I didn't vote in the poll.

Hmm. See, I think that Dean may either be the only person who can beat Bush. I too like many of Kucinich's ideas, and admire his principles, but I'm skeptical that he can win over the swing voters. Clark is another favorite of mine -- and I do like Edwards. I'm sort of hoping that the primary will sort this out -- that's what it supposed to do, right? ;)

msrandee 12-29-2003 02:35 PM

Lol, Megadeth! I picked Kucinich, but anybody but Bush will do. Kucinich stands behind what he believes in, even if it's not popular at the time. To go against the President and a popular war takes courage, and I admire him for that. He may be too liberal for America now, but I think we're headed in that direction.

Confused Curly 12-29-2003 02:39 PM

Ok, I picked Kucinich. I don't think he'll win so I probably won't vote for him if its still close by the time it gets to California. But the question is who is my FAVORITE, not who can beat Bush. He is my favorite.

My least favorite is Leiberman. And yes, I know Bush is on the list.

pongwench 12-29-2003 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee
Lol, Megadeth! I picked Kucinich, but anybody but Bush will do. Kucinich stands behind what he believes in, even if it's not popular at the time. To go against the President and a popular war takes courage, and I admire him for that. He may be too liberal for America now, but I think we're headed in that direction.

I hope so!

Currently, I guess I'm feeling a little skeptical...

mandyv 12-29-2003 03:17 PM

Nobody knows for sure, of course, including me, but my belief is Dean's pet dog can beat Bush more easily than Dean can. I think there's a reason republicants are hoping Dean is the nominee b/c they're pretty confident and I don't blame them. Dean isn't going to sell well to middle America. If Dean is the nominee, I hope Hillary gets in b/c then the Dems have a chance.

MizKerri 12-29-2003 04:05 PM

I can't vote for Dean, he interrupted my drinking.

BookishCurly 12-29-2003 05:22 PM

I'm glad you all liked my post of Bush as Bond. I thought it was pretty funny too. I got it off the Sex Pistols site I post on. :D
If anyone else wants to go there, it is www.sex-pistols.co.uk . The section you will be looking for is Funnies

I will probably be voting for Dean. However, unless Bush really messes up in the next year, I see him being president again. :cry:

Confused Curly 12-29-2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandyv
Nobody knows for sure, of course, including me, but my belief is Dean's pet dog can beat Bush more easily than Dean can. I think there's a reason republicants are hoping Dean is the nominee b/c they're pretty confident and I don't blame them. Dean isn't going to sell well to middle America. If Dean is the nominee, I hope Hillary gets in b/c then the Dems have a chance.

If Hillary gets in I'll vote Green.

Confused Curly 12-29-2003 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyMegadethLover
However, unless Bush really messes up in the next year, I see him being president again. :cry:

I feel the same way! :cry: Unfortunately (and I could not tell you why), he is popular outside of the West and NorthEastern Coasts.

He is so hated in LA that I keep forgetting that.

NetG 12-29-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlyincali
Quote:

Originally Posted by mandyv
Nobody knows for sure, of course, including me, but my belief is Dean's pet dog can beat Bush more easily than Dean can. I think there's a reason republicants are hoping Dean is the nominee b/c they're pretty confident and I don't blame them. Dean isn't going to sell well to middle America. If Dean is the nominee, I hope Hillary gets in b/c then the Dems have a chance.

If Hillary gets in I'll vote Green.

:roll: at the idea of Hillary.

I think she was cool once (see: her impromptu valedictory speech following up a politician she didn't like) but now has no beliefs other than trying to pick the stance which will give her most fans at the time.

I voted Kucinich, because all those match your position w/ the candidate sites match me up with him, and I love the idea of his involving John McCain. I would love to see someone who worries about issues rather than political parties.

cyndi 12-29-2003 10:33 PM

Well, since I live in Texas my vote pretty much doesn't count, Bush will win our electoral votes. But I guess I will decide when it gets narrowed down a little more. I don't know enough to make an informed choice at the moment, but I believe I am more of democrat than a republican.

Confused Curly 12-30-2003 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetG
Quote:

Originally Posted by curlyincali
Quote:

Originally Posted by mandyv
Nobody knows for sure, of course, including me, but my belief is Dean's pet dog can beat Bush more easily than Dean can. I think there's a reason republicants are hoping Dean is the nominee b/c they're pretty confident and I don't blame them. Dean isn't going to sell well to middle America. If Dean is the nominee, I hope Hillary gets in b/c then the Dems have a chance.

If Hillary gets in I'll vote Green.

:roll: at the idea of Hillary.

I think she was cool once (see: her impromptu valedictory speech following up a politician she didn't like) but now has no beliefs other than trying to pick the stance which will give her most fans at the time.

I voted Kucinich, because all those match your position w/ the candidate sites match me up with him, and I love the idea of his involving John McCain. I would love to see someone who worries about issues rather than political parties.

Do you have a link to the match your position with the candidate sites? That might be fun.

curlylaura 12-30-2003 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyMegadethLover
I would prefer a Democrat to win, but, unfortunately, I think it will be this clown again.

http://www.sex-pistols.co.uk/funnies...notenough5.jpg

I can't vote over in the US, so what I think doesn't matter, I just thought this was funny! :D

Austin 12-30-2003 08:03 AM

My first choice is Jed Bartlett. But since he isn't running, right now I'm for Howard Dean.

msrandee 12-30-2003 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyMegadethLover
I will probably be voting for Dean. However, unless Bush really messes up in the next year, I see him being president again. :cry:


Does anybody have the clues as to why Bush is still so popular? A 63% approval rating? Someone posted an exhaustingly long list on here of things he has done wrong - if someone could post a list half that long of things he's done right, I might consider him. I don't think I've heard anything positive about him on this board (look at this thread) or anywhere else, just negativity - well deserved, I think. The Democrats do look shabby, but hey, I'd give any one of those candidates a chance over Bush. I do know a few ardent Republicans who are feeling the same, but not many... So why do people still support Bush? Any ideas?

pongwench 12-30-2003 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee
Does anybody have the clues as to why Bush is still so popular? A 63% approval rating? Someone posted an exhaustingly long list on here of things he has done wrong - if someone could post a list half that long of things he's done right, I might consider him. I don't think I've heard anything positive about him on this board (look at this thread) or anywhere else, just negativity - well deserved, I think. The Democrats do look shabby, but hey, I'd give any one of those candidates a chance over Bush. I do know a few ardent Republicans who are feeling the same, but not many... So why do people still support Bush? Any ideas?

I'm wondering the same thing. I mean, Bush is winning this particular poll. To the people who picked Bush, can you explain why you support him?

Every day, reading the news, I get more and more depressed about how screwed up our country seems, and then, even more depressing, the thought that Bush has a good chance of winning next year. At least if I knew why people supported him, maybe I'd be a little less depressed.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com