Silly vent: You're not from the city!!

Like Tree47Likes

it kind of annoys me when people care so much about their city. Like... who cares lol.

70% of the people at my school are northerners and ALL THEY TALK ABOUT IS THEIR CITY omg no one cares. "jersey city this, new york city that, bmore in the house blah blah blah"

"oh you don't know nothing about this I'm from up north that's how we roll blah blah blah" I get it, you're different, feel special, because the person beside you is probably from the same state as you also, you is kind you is smart you is important. Bless you and good night.



seriously! who cares!!!!
Originally Posted by murrrcat
LOL I feel the same way. I knew a group of people(and they are still on my fb) that talk about being from NJ ALL the damn time. They seem to not like anything about the city the chose to move to and raise their kids in but obviously they do that's why they are here lol and not their beloved city. And dear lord, when hurricane sandy happened thats all i ever read and heard, jersey this and that, geezus fuxin kryste. And yes, the ones from ny are usually worse.
Who Me? likes this.
^^^^
right!!!
if you love it so much WHY YOU HERE?? and I know it's not because of our great academic achievements, unless you're a marine person which most of them are not.


A lot of people also move down here from north, like half the city is Northerners, we have to identify people by being locals, not tourist/northerners who moved here. IT'S RARE to find someone from the city that's been here their whole life.

If you find someone, the response usually is "wow".

AND all they do is talk about how awesome up north is. And how they do things up north. Who cares!

It drives me crazy, I usually walk away once people start talking about where they're from because I DON'T CARE.

And they act like they're above us, south people ( i mean you are hahahahahahhahah) I would wave a confederate flag right now if I were white and didn't know what it really meant.

OMG, So, that's why people have them, they really don't know after all....awww. bless them.



OMG I came back because I have more vents of city people!

My old roommate was from boston and she'd always be like "I've bet you've never been to a city, omg have you never moved out of your house, omg have you ever been up north omg you small town folk"


and she WASN'T REALLY FROM BOSTON she just claimed it - HAH.

I also get annoyed with people that have lived everywhere, they act like they're so awesome also, like I met a girl this weekend she kept going on and on about how she lived here and there and everywhere. Yea but I've lived in so many places so clearly that cancels out any place you've ever been. OMG who cares, I mean its okay to know if this had anything to do with anything BUT it didn't.

People and their geography, get a room.

Last edited by murrrcat; 02-06-2013 at 03:32 PM.
i will admit, it annoys me as well!

I'm from baltimore, and i have met people who claim they are from Baltimore then know nothing about it. and have never been there! How the hells bells you from a place you never been!?!?!? I have relatives who have never stepped in Baltimore, but claim they are from there. its like, "NO! Just because our grandparents are from there do not make you a baltimoron my default! and no, sorry, but towson, catonsville, cockeysville, westminster, owings mills, ect. does not count. if you have no idea what a chicken box and half and half is, you are not from baltimore!"
Originally Posted by thelio
chicken box w/ western fries washed down with half n half. mmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by naturaldoll
western fries!!!??? Blasphemy!!! just regular ole fires thank you very much! and make the half & half a jumbo, with a little bit of ice!!
Originally Posted by thelio
omg theres a spot, a couple blocks from my house that serves half n half in only one size...40 ounces and no ice. they just make up a bunch every hour and stick em in the freezer till they are ordered. good, too. they dont even serve ice tea or lemonade, just half n half.

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
Last Relaxer: February 14, 2011
BC: March 17, 2012
Porosity: Low to Normal
Curl Type: 4a/3c
Texture: Coarse
Density: Thick
Length:shoulder

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
I find it kind of funny that this bothers you when you say yourself that you're not from the city! I wonder if it's more common for transplants to be more annoyed by this sort of thing than natives. I do think sometimes that transplants know the cities they live in better than the natives do.
In search of a lost signature...
I'm from Baltimore, and it irks me to no end when people try to claim it. I first encountered this phenomenon when I ventured away for college... All the way in College Park. I couldn't go a day without meeting someone who said they were from Baltimore, and upon asking what high school they attended, come to find out it was Perry hall or Pikesville! I would understand if we were in Atlanta or Phoenix, but its the same freaking state. I know where Towson, Catonsville, and Ellicott city are, so don't say you're from Bmore if you're not!
2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF

Last edited by elizard; 02-07-2013 at 12:12 PM.
^^^^
right!!!
if you love it so much WHY YOU HERE?? and I know it's not because of our great academic achievements, unless you're a marine person which most of them are not.


A lot of people also move down here from north, like half the city is Northerners, we have to identify people by being locals, not tourist/northerners who moved here. IT'S RARE to find someone from the city that's been here their whole life.

If you find someone, the response usually is "wow".

AND all they do is talk about how awesome up north is. And how they do things up north. Who cares!

It drives me crazy, I usually walk away once people start talking about where they're from because I DON'T CARE.

And they act like they're above us, south people ( i mean you are hahahahahahhahah) I would wave a confederate flag right now if I were white and didn't know what it really meant.

OMG, So, that's why people have them, they really don't know after all....awww. bless them.



OMG I came back because I have more vents of city people!

My old roommate was from boston and she'd always be like "I've bet you've never been to a city, omg have you never moved out of your house, omg have you ever been up north omg you small town folk"


and she WASN'T REALLY FROM BOSTON she just claimed it - HAH.

I also get annoyed with people that have lived everywhere, they act like they're so awesome also, like I met a girl this weekend she kept going on and on about how she lived here and there and everywhere. Yea but I've lived in so many places so clearly that cancels out any place you've ever been. OMG who cares, I mean its okay to know if this had anything to do with anything BUT it didn't.

People and their geography, get a room.
Originally Posted by murrrcat
Lol I know exactly how you feel about dem damn Yankees! Lol @ the confederate flag. I joke about how the Yankees are taking over. And yea in the city there are hardly any locals. People act like I'm from a different planet when I tell them I was born here. Like this city never existed before you even heard of it.

Most of my friends/coworkers are from other areas in the south and they don't have that attitude. I do have a few foreign friends and a couple are somewhat snobby. They look down on us ignorant Americans.
I'm from Baltimore, and it irks me to no end when people try to claim it. I first encountered this phenomenon when I ventured away for college... All the way in college park. I couldn't go a day without meeting someone who said they were from Baltimore, and upon asking what high school they attended, come to find out it was perry hall or parkville! I would understand if we were in Atlanta or Phoenix, but its the same freaking state. I know where Towson, Catonsville, and ellicott city are, so don't say you're from bmore if you're not!
Originally Posted by elizard
Excactly!!!!

Oh and dont get me started on those same people who talk about how dangerous it is to live them and they have never even been to the city!!!

naturaldoll, you know I want an half & half now right??
I find it kind of funny that this bothers you when you say yourself that you're not from the city! I wonder if it's more common for transplants to be more annoyed by this sort of thing than natives. I do think sometimes that transplants know the cities they live in better than the natives do.
Originally Posted by ursula
Yeah, if you're asking where I grew up, I did NOT grow up in Boston. I grew up deep in the 'burbs. Then I went away to college, and then I moved to Boston, where I've been living for 10 years. Most of the time when someone asks me "where are you from?" they're asking me where I live, not where I grew up, and the correct answer is "Boston". But that's not the point here. The point isn't about mentioning where you're from...

....it's just about CLAIMING a city as your own, and BRAGGING about how awesome it is to be from there, and BRAGGING about certain stereotypical characteristics of people from that city. When you don't live there, didn't grow up there, and barely spend any time there.

I'm glad to see that a bunch of you Baltimore people can relate!
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
I'm from Baltimore, and it irks me to no end when people try to claim it. I first encountered this phenomenon when I ventured away for college... All the way in college park. I couldn't go a day without meeting someone who said they were from Baltimore, and upon asking what high school they attended, come to find out it was perry hall or parkville! I would understand if we were in Atlanta or Phoenix, but its the same freaking state. I know where Towson, Catonsville, and ellicott city are, so don't say you're from bmore if you're not!
Originally Posted by elizard
Excactly!!!!

Oh and dont get me started on those same people who talk about how dangerous it is to live them and they have never even been to the city!!!

naturaldoll, you know I want an half & half now right??
Originally Posted by thelio

I had to go get one right after I finished typing yesterday. I remember I went to atlantic city for my birthday a couple years back, and asking for half n half at a restauraunt. they had no idea what I meant and im like whaaat?! what is life without half n half ?!

and I hate the "oh baltimore is soooo dangerous" pearl clutching people, baltimore aint no more dangerous than any other city, in fact crime has actually been on the decrease the past few years.
Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
curlyarca likes this.
Last Relaxer: February 14, 2011
BC: March 17, 2012
Porosity: Low to Normal
Curl Type: 4a/3c
Texture: Coarse
Density: Thick
Length:shoulder

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
i will admit, it annoys me as well!

I'm from baltimore, and i have met people who claim they are from Baltimore then know nothing about it. and have never been there! How the hells bells you from a place you never been!?!?!? I have relatives who have never stepped in Baltimore, but claim they are from there. its like, "NO! Just because our grandparents are from there do not make you a baltimoron my default! and no, sorry, but towson, catonsville, cockeysville, westminster, owings mills, ect. does not count. if you have no idea what a chicken box and half and half is, you are not from baltimore!"
Originally Posted by thelio


Look, I'm from MS. I will never claim Baltimore. But for the record, where I'm from we call a half and half an Arnold Palmer.

And I'm so "city" I walked on North Ave and Broadway. Or at least when I told a random coworker she gasped and shook her head. It was not that bad. Baltimore's bark has been bigger than its bite in my opinion.

Why do people say "two/too/to" like that?

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
I thought you could get half and half anywhere??

omg the specialness.


This is gonna be the themesong for this thread:

2 Chainz - I'm Different (Explicit) - YouTube


funny story about half and half, this lady put half and half in my tea because I said I wanted tea but half and half. I died. Even her coworkers were like "uhhh are you okay?"
I live in college park, md now (considered a suburb of dc), but i would figure they would know what an half and half was! NOPE! its an Arnold palmer. If i get one anywhere but baltimore, they just dont taste the same. now sweet enough at all!

When i first moved to New Orleans when i asked for half & half, the waitress bought me out a cup of half and half!

The thing about baltimore is it does have a lot of drug activity, but its usually in certain areas of the city, like most cities. The Wire really made baltimore look even worst then is was beacuse it only focused on the drama. And people who never been here gets the wrong impression. i love law & order but i dont think NYC is scary and dangerous.

I think people from the burbs (or the county as we call it) like to seem tough by saying they are from Baltimore.

curlyarca, "Why do people say'two/too/to' like that?": what do you mean?
I thought you could get half and half anywhere??

omg the specialness.


This is gonna be the themesong for this thread:

2 Chainz - I'm Different (Explicit) - YouTube


funny story about half and half, this lady put half and half in my tea because I said I wanted tea but half and half. I died. Even her coworkers were like "uhhh are you okay?"
Originally Posted by murrrcat
Actually, it's not about being different. It's about sharing a culture. Sorry if I can't relate to growing up in Owings Mills.
2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
I thought you could get half and half anywhere??

omg the specialness.


This is gonna be the themesong for this thread:

2 Chainz - I'm Different (Explicit) - YouTube


funny story about half and half, this lady put half and half in my tea because I said I wanted tea but half and half. I died. Even her coworkers were like "uhhh are you okay?"
Originally Posted by murrrcat
Actually, it's not about being different. It's about sharing a culture. Sorry if I can't relate to growing up in Owings Mills.
Originally Posted by elizard


Maybe to you but most times it just comes off as trying to one up the other person on who's the most citiest of your city.

Like I did that in high school at football/basketball games, I don't care about where I'm from, I don't really care about where you're from unless I'm going there or its relevant, I don't want to hear arguments about how your food is better etc etc. For the birds, you can have the discussion, I'm not.

I'm sorry I can't relate either. I don't even know what that is. A cereal company?
It's like I spent a significant amount of time in Freiburg Germany so let's say I meet someone from there and I'm excited to converse with them about the city. I live in NoVa so it's nice to meet someone from Baltimore, but here's how the conversation usually goes.

Elizard: where are you from?
Person: Baltimore
Elizard: oh really? Me too! What high school did you go to?
Person: Owings mills
Elizard: oh.
Person: what about you?
Elizard: names my school
Person: ooooohhh! ....pause... My dad went there.
2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
I also think its simple and easy to say that you are form the burbs instead of a city.

my college roommate was from irving texas, i have no clue where that was before. she says its a burb of dallas.

and its not about one upping someone. my first issue with someone saying they are form baltimore when they are not is when they go on to trash talk it. how can you trash talk a place you have never really been?? oh you been to the inner harbor? thats not all of baltimore.

Also native baltimorians have accents, which i never knew untill i left. i have been told that it sounds like i'm speaking another language. a true baltimorian can relate. my relatives who claim baltimore but are not from there says my sister and my sister speaks funny. No thats how most folks from baltimore speaks. If you were from baltimore you would know this.

I remember i was in dc with friends and friends of friends. Someone asked me for eateries in baltimore because they were going soon. after i rattled off some places. some girl jumped in with "i'm from baltimore too!" and proceeded to name places no where near baltimore. I politely say " some of those places are good, but not in baltimore. he wants to stay in the city." She begins a debate about how it was baltimore and its not far from her parents home. The guy googles the location on his phone, and sure enough its NOT baltimore. The girl had no information on baltimore, which is where he wanted to go. image wanted advice about a place you were visting, getting it from someone who claims they are from there, only to find out when you get there they gave you no helpful information or wrong information because they are actually not from there!!
That's why you google. Lol.

I don't know, I guess because I'm not a city person, I just don't see the feels that comes with it.

If someone asks me which they do at work about stuff where I live because I live in a tourist city, I tell them idk BC I don't participate in things because...I'm in here working fool. Jk but I tell them to ask someone who cares but in a nice way aka I don't leave my house. And you might as well ask google cause you don't know what I'm talking about anyway BC you're not from here.

Therefore the answer is always google it.
That's why you google. Lol.

I don't know, I guess because I'm not a city person, I just don't see the feels that comes with it.

If someone asks me which they do at work about stuff where I live because I live in a tourist city, I tell them idk BC I don't participate in things because...I'm in here working fool. Jk but I tell them to ask someone who cares but in a nice way aka I don't leave my house. And you might as well ask google cause you don't know what I'm talking about anyway BC you're not from here.

Therefore the answer is always google it.
Originally Posted by murrrcat
That made me LOL so hard! murrr you cray!

The thing about google is it usually gives you the touristy stuff. i like doing local things and most people i talk to like doing local things. google baltimore they give you the inner harbor. baltimore is more then that. if i gave you a tour of baltimor, we will not be going to the inner harbor.

its like that for most cites. but the best stuff you can only really find out from someone who has expierenced it.
Josephine likes this.
I thought you could get half and half anywhere??

omg the specialness.


This is gonna be the themesong for this thread:

2 Chainz - I'm Different (Explicit) - YouTube


funny story about half and half, this lady put half and half in my tea because I said I wanted tea but half and half. I died. Even her coworkers were like "uhhh are you okay?"
Originally Posted by murrrcat
2 Chainz!! Pull up to the scene with my ceilin missin! I'm different, Ya I'm different

Love this song, college park!! (no i cant claim it)

Okay do i need to look up half and half. I'm assuming it's not milk? lol

Oh wait do u mean sweet tea, half sweet/half unsweet?
LOL! No milk. its half tea, half lemonade very yummy!
Josephine likes this.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com