CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   Oscar Pistorius (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/155088-oscar-pistorius.html)

Starmie 02-14-2013 05:20 AM

Oscar Pistorius
 
Charged with murder.
I saw this on the news earlier when they said he'd shot his girlfriend by accident when she came home to surprise him for Valentine's Day. Have just seen an update and they said he'd been charged with murder, apparently there's been 'incidents' in the past between them.
Wow, one of the olympic heroes, not so much maybe.

yossarian 02-14-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starmie (Post 2119729)
Charged with murder.
I saw this on the news earlier when they said he'd shot his girlfriend by accident when she came home to surprise him for Valentine's Day. Have just seen an update and they said he'd been charged with murder, apparently there's been 'incidents' in the past between them.
Wow, one of the olympic heroes, not so much maybe.

Isn't he the South African runner with prostheses that look like blades?

How tragic : (

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App

redcelticcurls 02-14-2013 07:11 AM

I'm wondering how this will pan out.

CNN is reporting that he thought she was an intruder. I didn't know about a history.

Sad.

juanab 02-14-2013 07:18 AM

Sad indeed. I want to hear more facts.

spiderlashes5000 02-14-2013 08:49 AM

No freakin way!?? I was a big fan.

Jenny C 02-14-2013 08:52 AM

I heard that he shot her 4 times and that the police were called to his home several times due to domestic disturbances. I don't think it was accident, unless the early info is incorrect, which it can be sometimes.

maria_i 02-14-2013 08:53 AM

Very sad.

Reeva Steenkamp, inspiring woman who 'broke the model stereotype' | World news | guardian.co.uk

RedCatWaves 02-14-2013 09:17 AM

Guns. If there's a gun in the house, you're a thousand times more likely to have the gun used against you than used to defend you.

I read law enforcement was summoned for several "domestic" disputes between these two, and they had only been dating a few months. Guns and a bad relationship don't go well together. If I had owned a gun during my previous marriage, I would surely have shot and killed him and I'd be writing this post from prison right now, instead of my warm comfy home.

Lotsawaves 02-14-2013 09:37 AM

I read she was shot twice. Once in the arm and once in the head. :confused3:

coilynapp 02-14-2013 09:39 AM

Wtf? This is crazy. I was so much in awe of him at the Olympics...wow. I'm shocked to hear this.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

claudine19 02-14-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCatWaves (Post 2119826)
Guns. If there's a gun in the house, you're a thousand times more likely to have the gun used against you than used to defend you.

I read law enforcement was summoned for several "domestic" disputes between these two, and they had only been dating a few months. Guns and a bad relationship don't go well together. If I had owned a gun during my previous marriage, I would surely have shot and killed him and I'd be writing this post from prison right now, instead of my warm comfy home.

Wait --- all this time I thought you were writing from a women's prison.

I guess you never really know other posters.

The New Black 02-14-2013 10:20 AM

All sounds too fishy...

RedCatWaves 02-14-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claudine19 (Post 2119852)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCatWaves (Post 2119826)
Guns. If there's a gun in the house, you're a thousand times more likely to have the gun used against you than used to defend you.

I read law enforcement was summoned for several "domestic" disputes between these two, and they had only been dating a few months. Guns and a bad relationship don't go well together. If I had owned a gun during my previous marriage, I would surely have shot and killed him and I'd be writing this post from prison right now, instead of my warm comfy home.

Wait --- all this time I thought you were writing from a women's prison.

I guess you never really know other posters.



It's a men's prison...low security, quite comfy actually.

How's things at your cell at The Pound?

Springcurl 02-14-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCatWaves (Post 2119862)
Quote:

Originally Posted by claudine19 (Post 2119852)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCatWaves (Post 2119826)
Guns. If there's a gun in the house, you're a thousand times more likely to have the gun used against you than used to defend you.

I read law enforcement was summoned for several "domestic" disputes between these two, and they had only been dating a few months. Guns and a bad relationship don't go well together. If I had owned a gun during my previous marriage, I would surely have shot and killed him and I'd be writing this post from prison right now, instead of my warm comfy home.

Wait --- all this time I thought you were writing from a women's prison.

I guess you never really know other posters.



It's a men's prison...low security, quite comfy actually.

How's things at your cell at The Pound?

You know those old movies where a woman is an an insane asylum and she's just sitting on the front lawn in an Adirondack chair in a robe and then the nurse comes out and gives her orange juice laced with thorazine? And if someone comes to visit her and she gets upset the nurse makes them leave?

That always sounded like the best vacation to me.

yossarian 02-14-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCatWaves (Post 2119826)
Guns and a bad relationship don't go well together. If I had owned a gun during my previous marriage, I would surely have shot and killed him and I'd be writing this post from prison right now, instead of my warm comfy home.

He had it coming!

(heard Cell Block Tango from the show Chicago this morning & it just fit)

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App

coilynapp 02-14-2013 11:26 AM

This is why I fear for one of my friends. She's dating someone (and lives with him) who has been violent towards her and sleeps with a gun under his pillow. I fear for her so much, I've told her, but there is nothing I can do until she sees that that's not where she needs to be. Guns and violent relationships are the worst combination.

multicultcurly 02-14-2013 11:57 AM

It's scary that the victim was so involved with ending violence against women, yet she was in an abusive relationship for a few months. Was she in denial? She seems old enough (29 or 30) to recognize the signs, given her cause and past modeling career. Maybe she tried breaking up with him this time? I'm not blaming her for him shooting her. I just find it crazy that she stayed with him since she was championing other people to end violence against women. The media I've heard makes it seem as if he is the violent one - not her.

spiderlashes5000 02-14-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicultcurly (Post 2119886)
It's scary that the victim was so involved with ending violence against women, yet she was in an abusive relationship for a few months. Was she in denial? She seems old enough (29 or 30) to recognize the signs, given her cause and past modeling career. Maybe she tried breaking up with him this time? I'm not blaming her for him shooting her. I just find it crazy that she stayed with him since she was championing other people to end violence against women. The media I've heard makes it seem as if he is the violent one - not her.

Was it clear the domestic disturbances involved her? Or could they have been btwn Oscar and other women?

***

I wonder if it was 'roid rage?:sad1:

CurlyCurlies 02-14-2013 01:05 PM

^^Honestly, that's the first thing I thought about when I heard the story.

maria_i 02-14-2013 01:49 PM

Are we sure Pistorius has a history of domestic violence? Or was it just a comment made by a police officer to the cameras? I haven't read enough.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com