Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree7Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
 
spiderlashes5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,721
Default Workplace rants

So there is this guy at my job who always wants to build consensus and feel like he is making friends and influencing ppl. And he keeps pulling me (and others) into his stuff. I HATE this!

He's on the phone talking to the IT guy saying, "I have been having this problem all week. And I'm sure Spiderlashes is having it, too, since we use the same equipment."

No, asshat, I am not having the same problem or any problem and no, we don't use the same equipment!

Or in a mtg, "Spiderlashes, I'm sure you can relate to being one of the few married ppl with young kids in the office."

No, ****head, I can't relate. I haven't been married in four years, my marital status is no one here's business, nor is either of our marital statuses relevent to this conversation.

Or, "Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Spiderlashes, but I think our current state administration has done more to help this situation than any other."

You're wrong!

I hate this crap! Keep my name outta your mouth!
I have been biting my tongue and ignoring these comments so far but I think I will openly disagree w/ him next time.



What's driving you crazy at work?
The New Black likes this.
__________________
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
 
Lotsawaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 9,186
Default

My biggest pet peeve is that my bosses wife works in the office in her own business. She expects me to do her grunt work, but doesn't pay me. I have put together books for her, faxes, makes copies, do mailers, call her people and insurance companies. She has even had me make hair appointments for her. She feels so self-entitled. She assumes since I'm here and her husband pays me, she can use me too. I'm at my wits end and have already updated my resume and plan to hand it out on Friday. The doc's son is graduating dental school in May. The doc expects me to assist him with his boards. Once he starts working in the office I'm positive I won't be getting paid anymore to handle his work. Some people are unbelievable.
Lotsawaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Stupid people asking stupid crap all day long.

PEOPLE WITH THEIR BABIES LIKE THEIR BABIES CARE ABOUT ANYTHING. omg THE BABY ISN'T EVEN LOOKING, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS.


People coming in 5 minutes before we close. Stop. So annoying.



Never under estimate people's dumbness.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
 
spiderlashes5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves View Post
My biggest pet peeve is that my bosses wife works in the office in her own business. She expects me to do her grunt work, but doesn't pay me. I have put together books for her, faxes, makes copies, do mailers, call her people and insurance companies. She has even had me make hair appointments for her. She feels so self-entitled. She assumes since I'm here and her husband pays me, she can use me too. I'm at my wits end and have already updated my resume and plan to hand it out on Friday. The doc's son is graduating dental school in May. The doc expects me to assist him with his boards. Once he starts working in the office I'm positive I won't be getting paid anymore to handle his work. Some people are unbelievable.
Ewww. Was this discussed w/ you during the interview?

Please tell me she is also a dentist and it's like a joint practice?
__________________
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
 
Lotsawaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 9,186
Default

No she isn't a dentist. She is a speech therapist, but mainly works with people with head injuries, dementia, etc and has what she calls a brain gym set up in the office. She also likes to play psychiatrist with her patients and unfortunately me, too, and no this was never discussed with me beforehand. She started her practice in the office 2 years ago and I've been here for 5 years.She and the doc just assumed I would help her. I found out that the last woman working here got roped into helping his wife with a craft business she started. She had her making some of the crafts and never paid her for anything.

Some days it's hard for me to get the work done for her husband, becuz she is loading me up with her work. I feel very fortunate to have a job in the economy but there are days it's just too much.
Lotsawaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

I have a client that I just dislike-there are some reasons workwise but no one wants to read all that! And it takes every freaking bone in my body to be pleasant. It kills me every time I have to speak with this client.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,914
Default

i work hard and am not appreciated. all of us lad techs do. bust our butts constantly. and do not get made overtime.

the a-holes across the way gets made more, but does much of nothing. and alot of them are truly brain damaged.

i love my supervisor, but she watches as i do my work all the time. its so annoying. it makes me nervous. i try to ignore her. but then she tries to talk to me and i get distracted and mess up. i have been doing this for 3 years. i know what i am doing. i ask for help once, it doesnt mean i always need it. just with the stuff i'm just learning about.
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
 
PerriP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,934
Default

Generally all (most) of my workplace frustrations are about my boss, must recently it's my annoyance at this...
Phone rings "perri, can you come to my office?"
I go to his office, where he proceeds to ask me a question THAT HE COULD HAVE JUST ASKED ME ON THE PHONE

Or, shows up in my cube, standing, trying to talk to me when I'm on the phone with a client, when I either put the person on hold or finish up "Perri, did you get the email I just sent you?" ..non work related, about a dog (or a cat, or something else) "read it, it's funny". Most of the time it IS funny but not funny enough to interrupt my work or funny enough to outweigh my annoyance of having him over my shoulder watching me read

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
__________________
Modified CG since Dec 2011
Growing out super short cut

High porosity, fine, unknown curl type, somewhere in the 2s at the moment
Mostly low poo
Current rotation includes:
Wash: Yes To Carrots -Condition: Yes to Cucumber, Nature's Gate Jojoba, One C - Stylers: Deva volumizing foam, Deva UDG B'Leave In, Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl spray
PerriP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
 
maria_i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,228
Default

I also feel fortunate to have a job.
But if things weren't so difficult with the economy I'd had quit years ago.
I did use to love my job, then I got a new boss and have had a hard time.
This man is rude, unreasonable, sexist, a bully. I don't handle that well.
__________________
3a/b, CG mostly.
Mexico City.
maria_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
 
spiderlashes5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerriP View Post
Generally all (most) of my workplace frustrations are about my boss, must recently it's my annoyance at this...
Phone rings "perri, can you come to my office?"
I go to his office, where he proceeds to ask me a question THAT HE COULD HAVE JUST ASKED ME ON THE PHONE

Or, shows up in my cube, standing, trying to talk to me when I'm on the phone with a client, when I either put the person on hold or finish up "Perri, did you get the email I just sent you?" ..non work related, about a dog (or a cat, or something else) "read it, it's funny". Most of the time it IS funny but not funny enough to interrupt my work or funny enough to outweigh my annoyance of having him over my shoulder watching me read

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
Almost sounds like he has a thing for you...
__________________
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
 
curlysue21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,589
Default

I have an overbearing co-worker that annoys me to no end. She is the oldest of all us employees so somehow she seems to think she is in charge and loves telling everyone (even my boss) what to do as if she is the official person who knows all. She also loves to walk around the office acting like she is doing something when really she is doing nothing while things that need to be addressed get put to the side. In addition to her work/not work she gets a million personal calls a day from her husband and adult daughter who lives with her as if the whole world will fall down if she isn't at home (she has a cellphone so I can't understand the need to call the office). She seems to be one of those people who only feels valued when she is needed and will even go to great lengths to make up something to make herself important. On top of everything she is loud and obnoxious either when she is upset or happy (even worse happy actually). I have worked at the office on and off for ten years (she for only five) and know how to keep myself occupied, so when she gives me busy work or tells me what to do, I see red. Her behavior really wears on me and I anticipate one day snapping on her.

My boss can be a nice guy but is passive aggressive and inconsistent with his rules. It all depends on his mood.
There is never any incentive to improve or do well nor is there any punishment for slacking off. He holds no value for his employees and doesn't care if we stay or leave. And he never offers a raise and pays us as little as possible (I get paid at least 5 dollars less than other people in my field with my experience) while his wife and kids have every luxury imaginable. He also kind of crosses the line between friend and boss. His jokes and comments are inappropriate at times (his latest "joke" is that I favor the AA male patients).

Despite my employees (except one) and my boss I love my job. So that and a crappy paycheck are the only things holding me there until I enter nursing school.
__________________
2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

curlysue21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
 
PerriP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerriP View Post
Generally all (most) of my workplace frustrations are about my boss, must recently it's my annoyance at this...
Phone rings "perri, can you come to my office?"
I go to his office, where he proceeds to ask me a question THAT HE COULD HAVE JUST ASKED ME ON THE PHONE

Or, shows up in my cube, standing, trying to talk to me when I'm on the phone with a client, when I either put the person on hold or finish up "Perri, did you get the email I just sent you?" ..non work related, about a dog (or a cat, or something else) "read it, it's funny". Most of the time it IS funny but not funny enough to interrupt my work or funny enough to outweigh my annoyance of having him over my shoulder watching me read

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
Almost sounds like he has a thing for you...
Lol, nope. He's gay, and old, and was a priest for 20 years so does the fatherly thing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
__________________
Modified CG since Dec 2011
Growing out super short cut

High porosity, fine, unknown curl type, somewhere in the 2s at the moment
Mostly low poo
Current rotation includes:
Wash: Yes To Carrots -Condition: Yes to Cucumber, Nature's Gate Jojoba, One C - Stylers: Deva volumizing foam, Deva UDG B'Leave In, Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl spray
PerriP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
 
Surlycurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 152
Default

Oh I could write a book on this topic!

I work in an office with only two other people, while our boss is in another location. One co-worker shows up to work at least half an hour late every single day. Both of them blatantly ignore policy and procedure whenever it's something they don't want to do. And the boss basically encourages this behavior by never punishing them and doing things that even he knows is wrong. And we work in a quasi-legal industry (my boss is an attorney) so this is actually people's lives and livelihoods that are being messed with.
Surlycurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
 
The New Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,725
Default

I just have a LOT to do over the next couple of weeks.
__________________
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
The New Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
 
MojoDojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria_i View Post
I also feel fortunate to have a job.
But if things weren't so difficult with the economy I'd had quit years ago.
I did use to love my job, then I got a new boss and have had a hard time.
This man is rude, unreasonable, sexist, a bully. I don't handle that well.
Are you certain we don't have the same boss????

I'm just super tired because of the super massive audit we have next week. They should have hired me back at least a week before they did.
maria_i likes this.
MojoDojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #16
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Default

I absolutely love my job and I have a great boss who does not bother me unless he needs me for something. I work for a huge company...thousands of employees...and my department alone has about 100 people on our floor.
Anyway, my biggest issue, and maybe my ONLY issue is my coworker who will not stop talking...all.day.long. I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to address it and how to tell her that I can't have her talking to me so much. I have so much work to do and I see that she does not, but that doesn't make it ok for her to stand over here and talk, talk, talk everytime she thinks of something to say. And, she thinks of way too many things to say, IMO.
She has been here 23 years ..Ive been here 9. I think she feels that this entitles her to do what she wants even if that means doing nothing but gossiping all day. And it would be easy to say "Just tell her to shut up!" but I like her as a person, I dont want to offend her and have her upset at me. I still have to work with her every day and she sits in the cubicle in front of me so I can't avoid her.
This is usually how it goes evey single day:
I walk in and sit down and start to set up my computer and so on...she immediately rushes over and starts with something like "Omg, I have to tell you what happened with my son last night, he is out of control!". So Ill say something like "Oh, is he?" and because I deal with this soo much, I usually sound completely uninterested. But she will proceed to tell me the entire story. Then that story will lead to another story and another. And If I don't comment she will say "Im serious! Can you believe that? I am so serious!!"
I have already talked to my boss about this...and he has walked by many times and sees her just standing here talking and talking to me and he will just smile. When I talked to him about it his response was "Well, I dont know what I can possibly say to her. Alot of people socialize here and If I say something to her, she is going to make a big deal about why Im singling her out." Then he said he could talk to her and tell her I talked to him about it cause it bothers me! So he doesn't look like the bad guy!
I just feel so frustrated and I don't like hearing every detail of her life...or any of the gossip she spreads about people in the office. THAT really irritates me! I dont care about who she thinks is sleeping with who or why she thinks someone was fired or coming to ask me to find out why so and so isn't at work today...I mean, why does she need to know all of this? and why does she need to spread it to everyone else? Get some work done!

Rant over. For now. Thank you.
lifescout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #17
 
spiderlashes5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifescout View Post
I absolutely love my job and I have a great boss who does not bother me unless he needs me for something. I work for a huge company...thousands of employees...and my department alone has about 100 people on our floor.
Anyway, my biggest issue, and maybe my ONLY issue is my coworker who will not stop talking...all.day.long. I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to address it and how to tell her that I can't have her talking to me so much. I have so much work to do and I see that she does not, but that doesn't make it ok for her to stand over here and talk, talk, talk everytime she thinks of something to say. And, she thinks of way too many things to say, IMO.
She has been here 23 years ..Ive been here 9. I think she feels that this entitles her to do what she wants even if that means doing nothing but gossiping all day. And it would be easy to say "Just tell her to shut up!" but I like her as a person, I dont want to offend her and have her upset at me. I still have to work with her every day and she sits in the cubicle in front of me so I can't avoid her.
This is usually how it goes evey single day:
I walk in and sit down and start to set up my computer and so on...she immediately rushes over and starts with something like "Omg, I have to tell you what happened with my son last night, he is out of control!". So Ill say something like "Oh, is he?" and because I deal with this soo much, I usually sound completely uninterested. But she will proceed to tell me the entire story. Then that story will lead to another story and another. And If I don't comment she will say "Im serious! Can you believe that? I am so serious!!"
I have already talked to my boss about this...and he has walked by many times and sees her just standing here talking and talking to me and he will just smile. When I talked to him about it his response was "Well, I dont know what I can possibly say to her. Alot of people socialize here and If I say something to her, she is going to make a big deal about why Im singling her out." Then he said he could talk to her and tell her I talked to him about it cause it bothers me! So he doesn't look like the bad guy!
I just feel so frustrated and I don't like hearing every detail of her life...or any of the gossip she spreads about people in the office. THAT really irritates me! I dont care about who she thinks is sleeping with who or why she thinks someone was fired or coming to ask me to find out why so and so isn't at work today...I mean, why does she need to know all of this? and why does she need to spread it to everyone else? Get some work done!

Rant over. For now. Thank you.
^^^I had a friend just like that. They offered her a 2-year buyout and she retired early. We're still friends but now I can choose when we talk (ie, on the phone).
__________________
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
 
cmb4314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 931
Default

Ugh. I they changed the organizational chart of my department and my supervisor is now someone I don't especially want to work for.

I am really, really bummed about this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CurlTalk App
cmb4314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #19
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifescout View Post
I absolutely love my job and I have a great boss who does not bother me unless he needs me for something. I work for a huge company...thousands of employees...and my department alone has about 100 people on our floor.
Anyway, my biggest issue, and maybe my ONLY issue is my coworker who will not stop talking...all.day.long. I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to address it and how to tell her that I can't have her talking to me so much. I have so much work to do and I see that she does not, but that doesn't make it ok for her to stand over here and talk, talk, talk everytime she thinks of something to say. And, she thinks of way too many things to say, IMO.
She has been here 23 years ..Ive been here 9. I think she feels that this entitles her to do what she wants even if that means doing nothing but gossiping all day. And it would be easy to say "Just tell her to shut up!" but I like her as a person, I dont want to offend her and have her upset at me. I still have to work with her every day and she sits in the cubicle in front of me so I can't avoid her.
This is usually how it goes evey single day:
I walk in and sit down and start to set up my computer and so on...she immediately rushes over and starts with something like "Omg, I have to tell you what happened with my son last night, he is out of control!". So Ill say something like "Oh, is he?" and because I deal with this soo much, I usually sound completely uninterested. But she will proceed to tell me the entire story. Then that story will lead to another story and another. And If I don't comment she will say "Im serious! Can you believe that? I am so serious!!"
I have already talked to my boss about this...and he has walked by many times and sees her just standing here talking and talking to me and he will just smile. When I talked to him about it his response was "Well, I dont know what I can possibly say to her. Alot of people socialize here and If I say something to her, she is going to make a big deal about why Im singling her out." Then he said he could talk to her and tell her I talked to him about it cause it bothers me! So he doesn't look like the bad guy!
I just feel so frustrated and I don't like hearing every detail of her life...or any of the gossip she spreads about people in the office. THAT really irritates me! I dont care about who she thinks is sleeping with who or why she thinks someone was fired or coming to ask me to find out why so and so isn't at work today...I mean, why does she need to know all of this? and why does she need to spread it to everyone else? Get some work done!

Rant over. For now. Thank you.
^^^I had a friend just like that. They offered her a 2-year buyout and she retired early. We're still friends but now I can choose when we talk (ie, on the phone).
My coworker has 2 years to go before she can retire...and as much as I like her as a person...I am counting down the days...! lol
lifescout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,914
Default

I'm being micromanaged. i'm not use to this. i'm use to be given a task and trusted to get it done by the deadline. rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off and stressful.
maria_i likes this.
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com