Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree56Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #21
 
juanab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,546
Default

Tumbler, Instagram, twitter, anyone on FB who feels the need to discuss which finger they used to scratch their butt.
__________________

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder
.




juanab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
Po
 
Po's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 5,347
Default

I forgot to add pets.
__________________
3c/4a
Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #23
 
Josephine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 16,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudine19 View Post

Romantic relationships. Women seem to try so much harder than men (mostly), and it's just sad and tiresome (to me) to hear them wondering what this action or that comment, text, or invitation means.

Oh see I love hearing about them from guys. I work with two single guys that are actively in the dating scene and love hearing their stories. They used to love hearing mine too before I got tied down lol. Now they call me boring and married.
Josephine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #24
 
RedCatWaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 31,609
Default

Animal rescue. That whole adopt-don't-buy thing. Leave me the eff alone...I'm going to buy all my puppies no matter what you say.

Sports. I know a lot about how sports are played, but I refuse to pay attention to pro-sports and their overpaid players. I do enjoy the olympics and, of course, all sports my kids play.

Twitter and Pinterest. Don't get it. Don't want to.

Most reality shows. I don't know any of the Housewife/Shore/Bachelor characters and I'm going to keep it that way.

Most network TV. Too many commercials.

Religion and god/s. If you pepper your conversation with god-talk, I'm going to zone out.
RedCatWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
 
LadyV69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,442
Default

Most reality TV. Any conversation about the Kardashians, Real Housewifes of Wherever, Basketball Wives, etc, causes me to roll my eyes and tune out.

Home Improvement. I have no desire to learn how to fix or build anything as it takes too much effort.

Coffee. I can't stand the stuff. I could care less about the difference between regular coffee, lattes, espresso, ad nauseum. Nor do I care about whether Dunkin Donuts coffee is better than Starbucks or vice versa.

Fashion/makeup. As long as I look presentable and don't violate any nudity laws, I don't care about ruffles or if my eyeshadow matches my skin tone.

Video games. This isn't an issue among women so much, but plenty of guys can be big gamers (my boyfriend among them).

Edit: Forgot to add cars or anything that goes into them. Another one where it's more of an issue with men than with women. I don't care what kind of rims you get or how big they are.
__________________
Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
BC'd: 9/18/09
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/

Last edited by LadyV69; 03-28-2013 at 11:27 AM.
LadyV69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #26
 
Who Me?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,010
Default

I'm gearing up to spend the weekend with my extended relatives, between a kid's birthday party and Easter. This is what I'm facing...


Cars

Fishing

Video games--and I don't just mean like real gamer games, but also those stupid Candy Crush or Ruzzle or whatever people are playing these days, and what level you're at.

Major suburban brand trends, like Coach or Vera Bradley, where people seem to know so much about the different patters or styles and whatnot. Buy a bag because you like the bag, not because it's some popular status symbol. And if you're gonna care so much about the bag, why not spend a least a little of that effort and change out of your bootcut jeans and newbalance sneakers and men's tshirt, mkay? OK, sorry, I got totally carried away there.

Coffee

Anything happening with the menu at chain restaurants and/or fast-food joints

Edited to add: how to save money on stuff I don't want to buy anyway. This always seems to be a major topic. "You know, if you drive to store X, and buy it there, and then go return it at store Y, and then take the receipt to store Z, and then mail in the rebate to address J, you can save 44% off of that $5,000 television you don't have space for!"
__________________
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON

Last edited by Who Me?; 03-28-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Who Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #27
 
LoloDSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,770
Default

-Sports
- politics (used to be interesting but not anymore)
- reality shows
- statistics
- golf (I don't want to hear a play by play if someone's golf game)
__________________
Loose botticelli curls and waves
No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
LoloDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #28
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

I care nothing about sports either! Maybe this should half go in the confessions thread, but I know nothing either! I don't understand football at all. I admitted it one day and people went into shock....why you ask?

My brother has played football since I've been in middle school, I've been to every single of his high school games Cheered for him, He Played in college, went to the majority of his games, even road 16 hours to Penn State for a game.....I understood nothing. I still understand nothing.


The only sport I get is track LMAO.


This is primarily why I didn't play sports (other than track) in School, I didn't understand them they were too confusing, too many rules. People always ask me if I play sports even now because I have a muscular body naturally even when I don't work out/overweight and I'm like no, and sometimes people get offended or shocked like "really??...you don't play anything??", Like damn, is it really that serious. my ex was like "YOU'VE WASTED YOUR BODY I BET YOU COULD OF KILLED IN SOMETHING" ummmmmm...sorry?


I also don't get cars.


Video games, again I'm a fraud, people always assume I love video games, nope I grew up with only brothers and I watched them play video games, for me that was tv time, because they hogged the tv, so that's what I would watch so I know a LOT about video games but I would prefer to not play them. Unless its HP or like those lame baking games for children lol. OR SIMS.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #29
 
hairhealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 550
Default

interesting thread to read.

I have nothing to offer, however.

Stuff I don't think about makes it difficult to post on

a thread about...
wild~hair, eche428 and kayb like this.
__________________
growout from baldy since 10/11
modified cg; cones & mild sulfate 'poo
-cowash: fave 2: vo5 strawberry
-rinseout:herbal essencesbodyenvy;color mehappy
-leave in: infusium 23 repair/renew spray
-dc: gvp conditioning balm

www.fotki.com/browncoily
hairhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #30
 
Lucky Charm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlypearl View Post
So glad to read these responses! I was almost afraid to admit that I don't care at all about sports. People get so hot under the collar about all that. This bowl or that bowl puts me to sleep.

(I love the Olympics though for some reason.)

Thanks for chiming in, everyone who did.
CP, I hate football. Hate it. I could not be less interested in that game to save my life. In high school I was in the band so of course we went to every football game, I wanted to kill myself.
Sports in general I am not interested in. I kind of like hockey, but I'm not a 'fan'. However, I also like watching the summer Olympics for some reason.

Not into politics either.
curlypearl likes this.
__________________
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots

Last edited by Lucky Charm; 03-29-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Lucky Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #31
 
Fifi.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,310
Default

I like to know a little about many things, and absolutely nothing about other topica. It all depends on the time and place. Right now I would have to say...

PEOPLE. I still end up knowing way more than I want to, but could care less.
B-wavy and murrrcat like this.
__________________
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Fifi.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #32
 
wild~hair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 10,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairhealth View Post
interesting thread to read.

I have nothing to offer, however.

Stuff I don't think about makes it difficult to post on

a thread about...
Yeah. I canít get worked up enough about things I donít know or care about enough to comment about them here.
CurlyEyes likes this.
wild~hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #33
 
LAwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,945
Default

CP I'm with ya on the sports.

Quote:
Animal rescue. That whole adopt-don't-buy thing. Leave me the eff alone...I'm going to buy all my puppies no matter what you say.
Stay classy, RCW.
LAwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #34
 
Lucky Charm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAwoman View Post
CP I'm with ya on the sports.

Quote:
Animal rescue. That whole adopt-don't-buy thing. Leave me the eff alone...I'm going to buy all my puppies no matter what you say.
Stay classy, RCW.
I didn't even see that post. I'm speechless... and completely appalled.
__________________
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
Lucky Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #35
 
Dedachan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,327
Default

Sports. Accounting. Celebrity biographies. Extra-terrestrial life.
Dedachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #36
 
omgstopit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 44
Default

Fashion trends. I can't keep up and I don't want to.
omgstopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #37
 
RedCatWaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 31,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Charm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAwoman View Post
CP I'm with ya on the sports.

Quote:
Animal rescue. That whole adopt-don't-buy thing. Leave me the eff alone...I'm going to buy all my puppies no matter what you say.
Stay classy, RCW.
I didn't even see that post. I'm speechless... and completely appalled.


Go ahead and be appalled. Go ahead and think I'm evil. I could write a yard of text on animal rescue and the corruption and power-trips of some rescue groups, how I'm not even allowed to rescue from a local group because I don't have a fenced property so I must be an irresponsible owner even though I've owned dogs for 50 years. Not to mention that if people actually did what rescuers preach and only adopted from rescue and shelters, we'd end up with almost nothing but badly bred pitbulls. No thanks. I'll stick to my well-bred puppies of breeds I actually want, obtained from small well-researched breeders. There's nothing inherently wrong or evil in obtaining pets from sources other than rescue and people shouldn't be made to feel guilty when they buy a puppy from a breeder.
RedCatWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #38
 
goldencurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,179
Default

I don't care about how fabulous your job is. It's a job. Is it WHO you are? Lawd help you. Retire and you will die. I can't wait to retire!!!!! I am who I am and I am not a job title or description.

Your sex life. Your past drug use. The fact that you are shocked I have never done an illegal drug in my entire life and never wanted to.

Anyone's fanatical political views. Don't care. I have made reasonable, intelligent decisions about my political views and your ranting is not going to change my mind. E.V.E.R.

Who Me? - you nailed my view on suburban trendy brands. Thank you for not making me explain it

Any reality shows because they are not reality, only for show.

I am not impressed by your wallet, what's in your wallet, etc. I am impressed by how you treat people. I am impressed by a sense of humor. If you have to tell me what your socio-economic class is then you have an issue I don't want to hear about. If you have an issue that I might can help with, tell me about it without pigeon-holing it into some ridiculous stereotype.

Watching sports on tv. Please just say no. I love to play sports. I will watch my kids play sports. Sports on tv. No thanks. Except the Olympics, which seems to be a trend in this thread.
curlypearl and murrrcat like this.
goldencurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:11 AM   #39
 
wavyblonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,537
Default

Sports
Math
Kids
Real Housewives/The Bachelor
Sex and the City culture
Jimmy Choo (and the like) shoes
Clothes that cost more than I made last month
Mommy blogs
Anything religious or political you might be tempted to send me via email forward or chain letter.
__________________
2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
wavyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:08 AM   #40
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

If its a thread about what YOU do not care about why are some upset over what other people do not care about? There are going to be things you (gy) care about that others do not give a crap about. Sometimes this board just floors me because its a pick and choose what is ok for some to post and not others. It cannot be one and not the other!!
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com