Gosnell Trial

Like Tree265Likes

It is curious her first post is in this thread...
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit
HmmmT
Last relaxer: 8.4.10
BC: 9.6.11

when will your favs?

Also there is no possible way someone who equates abortion with slavery and racism deserves my respect. Ya not happening.

The ONLY parallel I can draw is that blacks deserved freedom and equality (and we still do lbr) and women deserve freedom and equality.
Last relaxer: 8.4.10
BC: 9.6.11

when will your favs?

Look I can do it too!

Everything you say is invalid. Your reasoning is flawed. Your last point? Irrational.

Shark says what??
Gosnell Trial-imageuploadedbycurltalk1366649378.684727.jpgGosnell Trial-imageuploadedbycurltalk1366649388.490890.jpg
Gosnell Trial-imageuploadedbycurltalk1366649333.706071.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Gosnell Trial-imageuploadedbycurltalk1366649310.456998.jpg   Gosnell Trial-imageuploadedbycurltalk1366649322.105413.jpg  
murrrcat likes this.
Also there is no possible way someone who equates abortion with slavery and racism deserves my respect. Ya not happening.

The ONLY parallel I can draw is that blacks deserved freedom and equality (and we still do lbr) and women deserve freedom and equality.
Originally Posted by annabananalise
Yeah. How many Tea Party talking point points can fit into one post?
Amneris likes this.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Yeah. How many Tea Party talking point points can fit into one post?
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Challenge accepted!

Federal spending!
Taxes!
What about the constitution?
Founding fathers--are they shaking their hair capes?
L I B E R T Y

Last relaxer: 8.4.10
BC: 9.6.11

when will your favs?


Yeah. How many Tea Party talking point points can fit into one post?
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Challenge accepted!

Federal spending!
Taxes!
What about the constitution?
Founding fathers--are they shaking their hair capes?
L I B E R T Y
Originally Posted by annabananalise
You forgot

"Where's the long form birth certificate?"
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
All I'm saying is Obama was once a fetus. Coincidence? I think not!
All I'm saying is Obama was once a fetus. Coincidence? I think not!
Originally Posted by thelio
Blasphemer! Everyone knows he was hatched in a laboratory in Kenya.

Also, Benghazi!
Springcurl, Nej, legends and 2 others like this.

Yeah. How many Tea Party talking point points can fit into one post?
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Challenge accepted!

Federal spending!
Taxes!
What about the constitution?
Founding fathers--are they shaking their hair capes?
L I B E R T Y

Originally Posted by annabananalise


girl byeeeeeeeeee
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 45
I will leave it at this, the Gosnell trial forces pro-abortionists to face the gruesome nature of what they condone and endorse. While it is illegal to do what Gosnell did, you have to ask yourself, what is the difference between killing a child in utero, or having him/her delivered and then killing them? I know the difference is that it is seen and hear and 'out there' in a way that makes any normal person squirm, but morally, what is the difference?

Does the child magically become a person once they are born and they were not a person prior when they were 2 feet away? Does taking a breath of air suddenly make you more valuable? The Gosnell trial brings up some important questions, and if you believe what he did was horrific, you have to reason with yourself on how it is not horrific to do the exact same thing inside the womb.

Gosnell was not a 'back alley' operation. Lancaster Ave is a big prominent street in the philly area. I know because I am from Cherry Hill, NJ just outside of Philly. What really is worse about what he did than what other doctors do besides the fact that one is legal and one is not? I don't need an answer, just ask yourselves.
I only read the first 4 pages of this thread and some of the last page. What's obvious to me is that the reason that as a group we don't agree on when an abortion is okay and when is it not is because there is not a definitive answer about when does "life" begin. Some believe at conception. Some believe with a heartbeat. Some believe with brain wave activity. Some believe it's whenever the fetus could survive outside the womb at some certain # of weeks. Some Jews believe that the definition of life comes literally from the Bible "when God breathed life into Adam" so a breathing baby is alive and that doesn't include any fetus whatsoever.

Medical procedures do have something in common with debate practices: it's not just what you do or say, but also HOW you do or say it.

Abortion is a frightening option chosen out of desperation. I personally would never have an abortion. But I would never take that option away from anyone else. The reason that abortion exists as an option is because of a general lack of eduction, birth control and support including financial, mental, emotional, and medical support of women and girls in general as well as in the instances of abuse, molestation, and rape. Until you take away society's need for abortion as an option, you will not prevent abortions from occurring no matter what socio-economical status or race a woman may be.
Your logic is invalid. I am not being forced to do anything. Except clean my squalor. Company is coming.
I will leave it at this, the Gosnell trial forces pro-abortionists to face the gruesome nature of what they condone and endorse. While it is illegal to do what Gosnell did, you have to ask yourself, what is the difference between killing a child in utero, or having him/her delivered and then killing them? I know the difference is that it is seen and hear and 'out there' in a way that makes any normal person squirm, but morally, what is the difference?

Does the child magically become a person once they are born and they were not a person prior when they were 2 feet away? Does taking a breath of air suddenly make you more valuable? The Gosnell trial brings up some important questions, and if you believe what he did was horrific, you have to reason with yourself on how it is not horrific to do the exact same thing inside the womb.

Gosnell was not a 'back alley' operation. Lancaster Ave is a big prominent street in the philly area. I know because I am from Cherry Hill, NJ just outside of Philly. What really is worse about what he did than what other doctors do besides the fact that one is legal and one is not? I don't need an answer, just ask yourselves.
Originally Posted by TheMisses


I'm a local resident also. I live just west of Philly. You know as well as I do that that area of Lancaster Avenue is one of the most depressed in the city, with the poorest, most disenfranchised women living in the area, with a large new immigrant population with very few monetary and social resources...women that regular Americans don't think much about. Gosnell was hiding in plain sight. Back alley abortionists don't operate in actual back alleys. The term is a metaphor. This is what I meant about nuanced thinking in one of my first posts in this thread. Nuanced thinking doesn't seem common among the anti-choice crowd, so I'm not surprised that you would think that back alley abortionists have shops in dirty alleys next to the dumpsters.

Second trimester abortion is illegal in Pennsylvania (and most states) unless there's a legitimate medical reason. Most abortion doctors do not do them. Most abortion doctors do not have a high incidence of perforated uteri among their women patients, nor do they overdose them to death on anesthesia or have non-licensed personnel giving meds or doing surgical procedures. Gosnell was acting outside of the standards of practice of any American abortion clinic I have ever heard of. Again, I know this is nuanced thinking, but most people think it's wrong to stab newborns to death following a live birth.
Springcurl, Nej, Amneris and 1 others like this.
"pro-abortionists"? I have never met any of these "pro-abortionists" you speak of.
Amneris likes this.
"pro-abortionists"? I have never met any of these "pro-abortionists" you speak of.
Originally Posted by thelio
me! i'm one!

you get an abortion! you get an abortion!

EVERYONE GETS AN ABORTIONNNNNNNN!
Springcurl, Josephine, Nej and 3 others like this.
Last relaxer: 8.4.10
BC: 9.6.11

when will your favs?

"pro-abortionists"? I have never met any of these "pro-abortionists" you speak of.
Originally Posted by thelio
me! i'm one!

you get an abortion! you get an abortion!

EVERYONE GETS AN ABORTIONNNNNNNN!
Originally Posted by annabananalise
Lmao at all those NNNN's!

How can I say goodbye P.L.G.
Who's My Hair?
3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
BC- May 16, 2010
Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
LUVVV my natural hair!!!





To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 45
I only read the first 4 pages of this thread and some of the last page. What's obvious to me is that the reason that as a group we don't agree on when an abortion is okay and when is it not is because there is not a definitive answer about when does "life" begin. Some believe at conception. Some believe with a heartbeat. Some believe with brain wave activity. Some believe it's whenever the fetus could survive outside the womb at some certain # of weeks. Some Jews believe that the definition of life comes literally from the Bible "when God breathed life into Adam" so a breathing baby is alive and that doesn't include any fetus whatsoever.

Medical procedures do have something in common with debate practices: it's not just what you do or say, but also HOW you do or say it.

Abortion is a frightening option chosen out of desperation. I personally would never have an abortion. But I would never take that option away from anyone else. The reason that abortion exists as an option is because of a general lack of eduction, birth control and support including financial, mental, emotional, and medical support of women and girls in general as well as in the instances of abuse, molestation, and rape. Until you take away society's need for abortion as an option, you will not prevent abortions from occurring no matter what socio-economical status or race a woman may be.
Originally Posted by goldencurly
We cannot go on what religions say and what they 'think' about when life begins. We have to go on fact-based evidence, science and our laws need to be consistent. Every embryology text book you can find defines life as beginning at conception. It is just a fact. It is not a debate about when life begins, it is a debate about when it begins to matter. Pro-aborts think it only matters when the mother thinks it should matter and that is juts prima facie wrong.

It makes no sense that a woman, say, pushed down the stairs during pregnancy by her boyfriend resulting in the child dying can press charges, yet the same woman with the same child inside her could kill the kid herself completely legally. If you kill a pregnant woman, you are charged with double murder. Yet that same child could be killed by the mother herself and everything is honky dory. It is not consistent.

How can the value of one being (the child) be entirely dependent upon the phycological state of another being (the mother). My worth is not determined by my mother. The so-called 'need' for abortion is totally irrelevant to the debate. It is a red herring. If abortion is deemed morally unjustifiable, the supposed 'need' means nothing.

America has become cold and callus to sit here and defend barbarism at its worst. The slaughter of the weakest among us. Every society shall be judged by how it treats its weakest members. The ones with no voice. Many women on this thread are fierce defenders of this carnage... Sad, but true
spiderlashes5000 likes this.
I still dont know any of these pro-abortionalist you keep speaking of! i want to meet one.
How will every society be judged? By who?

The choice of abortion is not about the value of the child. The law was originally based off religious beliefs. The United States was founded by religious people...

There are a lot of contradictions and things that can or should be changed n the U.S. but I honestly think there are things we can be rallying for to improve the lives of men and women so they will make better decisions. If we as a whole try to improve the status of the women who are more likely to be "at risk" to choose abortion. Or help prevent the unwanted pregnancies. That's a better start than telling women who are already in rough situations that they are horrible people for not valuing the child.
How is a person who is struggling to take care of themself take care of a baby for the rest of its life. Or a woman in an abusive household raise a healthy child with a reasonable amount of security. Of course we can say well, they shouldn't have gotten pregnant but we gotta look at reality of the world. It may not be right or moral, but it is what it is.

You're not going to change anybody's mind by telling them they are cold hearted and cruel. You're not going to change pro choice advocates' minds by comparing their belief of choice to the holocaust and slavery. I'm just being real
How can I say goodbye P.L.G.
Who's My Hair?
3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
BC- May 16, 2010
Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
LUVVV my natural hair!!!

Last edited by B-Nessa11; 04-24-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com