Paula Deen's racist comments

Like Tree84Likes

I do think Paula Deen is a product of the era she was raised in, though I don't condone using the "n" word and never have (but that may be because I was raised in the north and my parents never used it). I do know having been raised in the 50's and 60's that a lot of people thought and acted differently. Many of them are not racist today. They were just acting and repeating what they heard. Education and life changed a lot of people over the years.

That said, Paula never did answer Matt Lauer when he asked her about the comments made about some wedding (think it was her brother's) regarding the black waiters being dressed like slaves so it would look like an old south wedding. I have been wondering if this was something that had been made up or was an actual comment she made. I am now beginning to think she did make the statement. Whenever Matt asked a question she wasn't comfortable with, she answered by changing the subject.

Marketing 101 when you, yourself, are a multi-million dollar business, you don't offend anyone who might be a customer. Therefore, I can understand the Food Network, Ceasar's, Smithfield, etc., all dropping her. Though I do think she is genuinely sorry.
Josephine likes this.
3b/c
It doesn't suprise me at all.
Originally Posted by Josephine

Really. Why is this news? How old is she? Where is she from? What is her race? How is this different than 95% of the rest of all old White ppl from down South?
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Exactly. And why does Bill Maher not get slammed for calling a 5 year old boy "retarded"? Such a double standard. For crying out loud it was 40 years ago!
It doesn't suprise me at all.
Originally Posted by Josephine

Really. Why is this news? How old is she? Where is she from? What is her race? How is this different than 95% of the rest of all old White ppl from down South?
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Exactly. And why does Bill Maher not get slammed for calling a 5 year old boy "retarded"? Such a double standard. For crying out loud it was 40 years ago!
Originally Posted by poisonivy
Well to be completely fair in my dads words, bill mahers and his fans know he's a total *******. But about Paula I think it was wrong for her to say and I don't think anyone should EVER use that word. I don't care if you're black, white, purple or blue you shouldn't refer to your fellow humans by a slave-time insult. But that being said she is also a human. Everyone makes mistakes and I don't believe her entire life should be destroyed because of her using a nasty word. At the same time I have to note that use of that word also contributes to the destruction of an entire race. I don't believe her entire career should be over but she needs to understand that using racial slurs leads to racism and racism leads to others lives being ruined due to people not giving you a job due to your race, not being able to have priceless relationships due to racism, and just everyday racial encounters. But what's the point of her entire world crashing down? To make her an example? I don't thats the right way to handle things like this.
Amneris and bobby like this.
I dont think 95% of the white people in the south are racist. There is alot, i can agree with. but no where near that many. Just because they are from the south doesnt mean they are automatically racist. There are some awesome folks down there who fought harder for civil rights than some black folks and who still fights for equal rights.
Originally Posted by thelio
whoa... whoa... whoa... "fought harder for civil rights than some black folks?" Really? Why not just say they fought for civil rights, or fought hard for civil rights? Why try to diminish the incredible courage and sacrifice of many Black activists (and those of other backgrounds, including white) by qualifying it that way?
wavydaze likes this.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali











A comment made on my FB page....

Im not racist or prejudice. But we pay millions to hear black comedians say cracka, honky, *******, redneck...on stage and on tv...and in the movies...and laugh about it all day. But let one white person say one thing thats taken offensive and they lose their show? Hypocrites
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
Why would a white person, who is NOT a comedian but has to interact with people in a normal, regular way, WANT to say the N-word? Why is it such a violation of their rights and such an imposition to tell them they shouldn't say it?
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali












I figure that. but your guestimation of 95% to me is saying that you believe most white people in the south are racist. Which i dont think is true. I have lived in texas and louisiana, and have been welcomed by both blacks and whites. But I have been called the n-word once in my life and it occured in the mid-atlantic region in a major city.
Originally Posted by thelio
You're saying you think the majority of 65 y/o White ppl in GA hold no racial biases against Black ppl? If so, then yes, I would def say my 95% would be closer to the reality than your 45 or less %. Remember, GA still had enforced segregation in some of its counties as recently as 1990. GA is a pretty hardcore racist state.

Saying a White person welcomed you somewhere doesn't mean anything. You don't think Paula Deen smiled and schmoozed and welcomed Black ppl into her restaurants and on her show? I'm sure she was very welcoming. That is not a negation of someone holding racist attitudes and beliefs.

Racism in the midAtlantic is beside the point; of course it exists and is rampant, too...but that's neither here nor there in this conversation. Maybe 98% of Whites in the midAtlantic are racist. Maybe 68% Maybe 18%. Doesn't negate or support the claim that the majority of old White Georgians are.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
I guess we can agree to disagree. I will never say that most of the old white people any where are racist until i meet most of them and find out otherwise. I always presume the best in everywhere until proven otherwise. I never judge people based on where they are from, race, background, ect. Assuming most of the old white people in the south are racist is no better then assuming its ok to pay a black man in alcohol imo. its all based on stereotypes, which i dont dig.
Originally Posted by thelio
Excuse me, but there is a HUGE difference in assuming most of the old white people in the south are racist and assuming it is ok to pay a person of African descent in alcohol (what? is that a real example?)

I know the word "racist" is these days treated as a personal attack and something perjorative, but to assume that people who had privilege in a highly racially segregated environment not all that long ago might retain some of those racialized views, consciously or not, is not really a leap and is based on historical fact. Take South Africa. It had strict racial hierarchies until just about 20 years ago. It's not crazy to imagine that that hierarchy and the mental legacy of it is not completely dismantled in only 20 years or that some white people might resent the change after generations of lording it over everyone else. That's not a stereotype.

However, to assume it's OK to pay someone with alcohol instead of money because they belong to a marginalized minority is a completely different thing - this is not based on historical fact and is an attempt to further degrade and put down a group that is already oppressed.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali











While I do not condone the use of the N word, I think it is pure folly that she has been vilified. Seriously, if we all lost our job over something we said that we should take back, we'd all be out of jobs. Celebrities have done far worse and still have jobs. Look at all the drug use and infidelity that runs rampant on Hollywood sets.

The real racists are the ones accusing Paula of what they are guilty of. I actually respect her that much more for admitting it. Not that I ever cared if she did or didn't but she was honest about it. Hell, someone was holding a gun at her. I'm surprised she didn't say worse.

In my world, she has nothing to apologize for. She merely admitted to doing something 99% of white Americans have done. As far as I'm concerned, black people and their use of the N word only perpetuates the problem. Those dumbasses need to follow their own advice. You don't like others using the word, fine, don't use it yourself.
While I do not condone the use of the N word, I think it is pure folly that she has been vilified. Seriously, if we all lost our job over something we said that we should take back, we'd all be out of jobs. Celebrities have done far worse and still have jobs. Look at all the drug use and infidelity that runs rampant on Hollywood sets.

The real racists are the ones accusing Paula of what they are guilty of. I actually respect her that much more for admitting it. Not that I ever cared if she did or didn't but she was honest about it. Hell, someone was holding a gun at her. I'm surprised she didn't say worse.

In my world, she has nothing to apologize for. She merely admitted to doing something 99% of white Americans have done. As far as I'm concerned, black people and their use of the N word only perpetuates the problem. Those dumbasses need to follow their own advice. You don't like others using the word, fine, don't use it yourself.
Originally Posted by bobby
I don't understand the logic of respecting someone for being unashamed of their racism.

I guess I am in the 1% of white people who have never used that word and I count my friends in that group too. I'd check the people you hang out with, and yourself. Why does your mind "go there" when a person of a different race displeases you? What would Paula have called him if he was white? I bet it wouldn't be a race-based slur (and not just because none REALLY exist for white people based on race). And that's the issue ...
Samanthascurlz likes this.
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi

Last edited by BB; 06-28-2013 at 04:09 AM.
She said something obscene and she got caught. Instead of apologizing, she's tried to play the victim. When your empire is based on your down home friendliness and product endorsements, you have to watch your mouth. Walmart doesn't have morals, but they will drop your butt in a hot minute if they think you're going to lose money for them and a LOT of people are not going to want any part of giving money to Paula Deen after this.

My mom, who might have been her biggest fan and generally stays out of this kind of thing is HUGELY disappointed and won't be buying her products anymore (well, not that you can get them anywhere). If you do something so foul and handle it so badly that MY MOM decides to boycott you, you have really really stepped in it.
I'd check the people you hang out with, and yourself. Why does your mind "go there" when a person of a different race displeases you? What would Paula have called him if he was white? I bet it wouldn't be a race-based slur (and not just because none REALLY exist for white people based on race). And that's the issue ...
Originally Posted by BB
In my opinion, you hit the nail on the head! That is the issue. Not just her, but anyone who uses that word still feels the need to put someone else down and have to go that far. Overall, you made an extremely valid point. There is another thread, I forgot in which section, that we are discussing the "n" word in terms of when black individuals uses it themselves.
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity
Co-wash, leave in, and gel: Alba botanica coconut cond., ogx mousse, &/or super wet look gel.
Curls
I really don't get the whole thing. Is anyone really surprised that an old, white, southern woman said it at some point in their life? And wasn't this in the context of a current sexual/racial harassment suit? What happened with that? What someone used to think doesn't concern me (much) at all, it's what they think NOW that's the issue. I think this is all about celebrity scandal culture we live in. If it's a "juicy" story, they'll run with it.

If she said it last week then it'd be an issue but the supposed incident took place in '82 or something. Now I don't for a minute believe that that's the only time in her life she said it but the only thing I care about is the content of her soul now.
Amneris likes this.
I'd check the people you hang out with, and yourself. Why does your mind "go there" when a person of a different race displeases you? What would Paula have called him if he was white? I bet it wouldn't be a race-based slur (and not just because none REALLY exist for white people based on race). And that's the issue ...
Originally Posted by BB
In my opinion, you hit the nail on the head! That is the issue. Not just her, but anyone who uses that word still feels the need to put someone else down and have to go that far. Overall, you made an extremely valid point. There is another thread, I forgot in which section, that we are discussing the "n" word in terms of when black individuals uses it themselves.
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz
All she did was say she used the word years ago. That does not make her a racist. Regarding blacks using the word, again, they want it both ways. It's called set the example if you don't want others using the word. For example, I'm Italian. For us W** is our version of the N word. I don't want others using the word. You know what I do -- don't use the word myself.
While I do not condone the use of the N word, I think it is pure folly that she has been vilified. Seriously, if we all lost our job over something we said that we should take back, we'd all be out of jobs. Celebrities have done far worse and still have jobs. Look at all the drug use and infidelity that runs rampant on Hollywood sets.

The real racists are the ones accusing Paula of what they are guilty of. I actually respect her that much more for admitting it. Not that I ever cared if she did or didn't but she was honest about it. Hell, someone was holding a gun at her. I'm surprised she didn't say worse.

In my world, she has nothing to apologize for. She merely admitted to doing something 99% of white Americans have done. As far as I'm concerned, black people and their use of the N word only perpetuates the problem. Those dumbasses need to follow their own advice. You don't like others using the word, fine, don't use it yourself.
Originally Posted by bobby
I don't understand the logic of respecting someone for being unashamed of their racism.

I guess I am in the 1% of white people who have never used that word and I count my friends in that group too. I'd check the people you hang out with, and yourself. Why does your mind "go there" when a person of a different race displeases you? What would Paula have called him if he was white? I bet it wouldn't be a race-based slur (and not just because none REALLY exist for white people based on race). And that's the issue ...
Originally Posted by BB
If you are in the 1%, good for you. No racial slurs for white people. Who are you fooling, black people use them all the time. I strongly doubt she's proud of having used the word. My only point is she admitted she used it. But using it alone does not make you a racist.
While I do not condone the use of the N word, I think it is pure folly that she has been vilified. Seriously, if we all lost our job over something we said that we should take back, we'd all be out of jobs. Celebrities have done far worse and still have jobs. Look at all the drug use and infidelity that runs rampant on Hollywood sets.

The real racists are the ones accusing Paula of what they are guilty of. I actually respect her that much more for admitting it. Not that I ever cared if she did or didn't but she was honest about it. Hell, someone was holding a gun at her. I'm surprised she didn't say worse.

In my world, she has nothing to apologize for. She merely admitted to doing something 99% of white Americans have done. As far as I'm concerned, black people and their use of the N word only perpetuates the problem. Those dumbasses need to follow their own advice. You don't like others using the word, fine, don't use it yourself.
Originally Posted by bobby
I don't understand the logic of respecting someone for being unashamed of their racism.

I guess I am in the 1% of white people who have never used that word and I count my friends in that group too. I'd check the people you hang out with, and yourself. Why does your mind "go there" when a person of a different race displeases you? What would Paula have called him if he was white? I bet it wouldn't be a race-based slur (and not just because none REALLY exist for white people based on race). And that's the issue ...
Originally Posted by BB
If you are in the 1%, good for you. No racial slurs for white people. Who are you fooling, black people use them all the time. I strongly doubt she's proud of having used the word. My only point is she admitted she used it. But using it alone does not make you a racist.
Originally Posted by bobby
I think I sort of agree with you lol. She recognized it, apologized about it, and wants to move forward. That is clearly positive. No, I don't think using the "n" word automatically means that someone is going to go out in their white hood and coat and start searching for black people. But being bi-racial, when you hear the "N" word come out of someone's mouth, you have to wonder, why did you say that? It is a derogatory term. Why must you generalize someone and degrade them like that? In a way, it dehumanizes an individual. What deeper opinion did this word come from? So in that sense, I don't agree with you. But I think that is because we might have different experiences concerning the word. Experience will make or break how someone reacts to a word or any stimuli. As a side note, this doesn't just come from Paula Deen's comment, but to anyone's comment- white or black.

But to dig deeper, I don't know why Paula Deen used the word. I don't want to believe that she wanted to dehumanize the individual that she said it to. That being said, I understand for business reasons, trying to shut her down for everything, since it was such a 'scandal,' people are going to associate her with using a nasty term. However, we, as humans, can move on from it. If she apologized, and sincerely meant it, I don't think completely taking everything away from her was the answer.
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity
Co-wash, leave in, and gel: Alba botanica coconut cond., ogx mousse, &/or super wet look gel.
Curls

I don't understand the logic of respecting someone for being unashamed of their racism.

I guess I am in the 1% of white people who have never used that word and I count my friends in that group too. I'd check the people you hang out with, and yourself. Why does your mind "go there" when a person of a different race displeases you? What would Paula have called him if he was white? I bet it wouldn't be a race-based slur (and not just because none REALLY exist for white people based on race). And that's the issue ...
Originally Posted by BB
If you are in the 1%, good for you. No racial slurs for white people. Who are you fooling, black people use them all the time. I strongly doubt she's proud of having used the word. My only point is she admitted she used it. But using it alone does not make you a racist.
Originally Posted by bobby
I think I sort of agree with you lol. She recognized it, apologized about it, and wants to move forward. That is clearly positive. No, I don't think using the "n" word automatically means that someone is going to go out in their white hood and coat and start searching for black people. But being bi-racial, when you hear the "N" word come out of someone's mouth, you have to wonder, why did you say that? It is a derogatory term. Why must you generalize someone and degrade them like that? In a way, it dehumanizes an individual. What deeper opinion did this word come from? So in that sense, I don't agree with you. But I think that is because we might have different experiences concerning the word. Experience will make or break how someone reacts to a word or any stimuli. As a side note, this doesn't just come from Paula Deen's comment, but to anyone's comment- white or black.

But to dig deeper, I don't know why Paula Deen used the word. I don't want to believe that she wanted to dehumanize the individual that she said it to. That being said, I understand for business reasons, trying to shut her down for everything, since it was such a 'scandal,' people are going to associate her with using a nasty term. However, we, as humans, can move on from it. If she apologized, and sincerely meant it, I don't think completely taking everything away from her was the answer.
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz
By no means am I saying she was right to use the word. Far from it. However, I do think Paula Deen is a product of the era (and region) she was raised in, though I don't condone using the "n" word and never have. Different generations think and act differently based on when they were raised. Many of them are not racist today. They were just acting and repeating what they heard. Education and life changed a lot of people over the years. That said, I believe she is genuine in her apology and nor should she have her life destroyed over something she said 30 years ago.

If you are in the 1%, good for you. No racial slurs for white people. Who are you fooling, black people use them all the time. I strongly doubt she's proud of having used the word. My only point is she admitted she used it. But using it alone does not make you a racist.
Originally Posted by bobby
I think I sort of agree with you lol. She recognized it, apologized about it, and wants to move forward. That is clearly positive. No, I don't think using the "n" word automatically means that someone is going to go out in their white hood and coat and start searching for black people. But being bi-racial, when you hear the "N" word come out of someone's mouth, you have to wonder, why did you say that? It is a derogatory term. Why must you generalize someone and degrade them like that? In a way, it dehumanizes an individual. What deeper opinion did this word come from? So in that sense, I don't agree with you. But I think that is because we might have different experiences concerning the word. Experience will make or break how someone reacts to a word or any stimuli. As a side note, this doesn't just come from Paula Deen's comment, but to anyone's comment- white or black.

But to dig deeper, I don't know why Paula Deen used the word. I don't want to believe that she wanted to dehumanize the individual that she said it to. That being said, I understand for business reasons, trying to shut her down for everything, since it was such a 'scandal,' people are going to associate her with using a nasty term. However, we, as humans, can move on from it. If she apologized, and sincerely meant it, I don't think completely taking everything away from her was the answer.
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz
By no means am I saying she was right to use the word. Far from it. However, I do think Paula Deen is a product of the era (and region) she was raised in, though I don't condone using the "n" word and never have. Different generations think and act differently based on when they were raised. Many of them are not racist today. They were just acting and repeating what they heard. Education and life changed a lot of people over the years. That said, I believe she is genuine in her apology and nor should she have her life destroyed over something she said 30 years ago.
Originally Posted by bobby

In a way, it further continues what I was saying on how experience is what makes a person. I do agree with you. I do believe others have done far worse and don't get reprimanded.
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity
Co-wash, leave in, and gel: Alba botanica coconut cond., ogx mousse, &/or super wet look gel.
Curls
I really don't get the whole thing. Is anyone really surprised that an old, white, southern woman said it at some point in their life? And wasn't this in the context of a current sexual/racial harassment suit? What happened with that? What someone used to think doesn't concern me (much) at all, it's what they think NOW that's the issue. I think this is all about celebrity scandal culture we live in. If it's a "juicy" story, they'll run with it.

If she said it last week then it'd be an issue but the supposed incident took place in '82 or something. Now I don't for a minute believe that that's the only time in her life she said it but the only thing I care about is the content of her soul now.
Originally Posted by bobby
Yea not surprising she said it and who cares but apparently at her company there was a lot of racial discrimination so this is being brought up so the pieces add up for a case.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3484607.html
murrrcat likes this.
I saw this on another board and thought it would be helpful.

(quote) Having read the deposition against Paula and her brother, the case goes beyond just Paula uttering a racial slur. Lisa Jackson is filing a civilsuitagainstPaula,her brother "Bubba", and her company for hostile working environment where there is a pattern of racial and sexual harassment and gender discrimination. But of course the media is just reporting the racial slur and glossing over other egregious things Paula and her brother had done. As a results, people are only focusing on the n-word.

This is what some of the details in the deposition: Jackson being referred to as "my little Jew girl" by Bubba.

Turning Uncle Bubba's oyster house into a profit in 6 months only to have the co-owner, Bubba, frequently stealing money from the restaurant mounting to $26,000 a month.

The general manager of The Lady & Son, Dustin Wallis, referring its black staff as "monkeys".

Jackson being paid far less than her male counterparts despite having far more experience and far more duties.

The Certified Public Accountant referring "women are stupid because they think they can work and have babies and get everything done."

Bubba viewing porn on work'scomputer and sharing it with friends and relatives. Heeven went as far as to asked Jackson to "bring picture of herself when she was young for him to view."

Bubba doesn't approved of women staff with fat arms and insisted they wore long-sleeves.

Bubba would frequent strip clubs and tell tales of his visits to strip clubs.

Bubba making a lewd comment referencing a husband's not liking her bj aftershe had dentures.

Bubba making a printout of "why gay marriage should be legal" with an images of women having sex with another women and passing it out for other staff to see.

At Bubba's restaurant, black staffs had to use the back entrance. They cannot use the front entrance.

Black staffs were only allowed to use the one restroom in the back of the restaurant and not the customer restroom, while the White staffs can use the customers' restroom.

Bubba violently shook a Black staff telling him "f***your civil rights" fearing thestaff might tell someone of a White staff sexually harassed a Black female staff.

Bubba grabbing Jackson, kissing her, and spitting on her.

The utterance of racial slurs by Bubba included, but not limited to: "I wish I could put all those all those n****** in the kitchen on a boat to Africa" asking a Black security guard if he wish he could "rub all the black off and be likeme" "they should send President Obama to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, so he could n*****-rig it"

Jackson had complained to several senior management regarding these behaviors including Paula Deen, Chief Operating Officer, and the Certified Public Accountant. However her complaints were ignored. (/quote)

Paula knew about these allegations and chose to ignore it. Also when she said she was going to apologize on the Today Show the first time, she cancelled. Too much procrastination makes her look not really sorry.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Amneris and sinistral55 like this.
I really don't get the whole thing. Is anyone really surprised that an old, white, southern woman said it at some point in their life? And wasn't this in the context of a current sexual/racial harassment suit? What happened with that? What someone used to think doesn't concern me (much) at all, it's what they think NOW that's the issue. I think this is all about celebrity scandal culture we live in. If it's a "juicy" story, they'll run with it.

If she said it last week then it'd be an issue but the supposed incident took place in '82 or something. Now I don't for a minute believe that that's the only time in her life she said it but the only thing I care about is the content of her soul now.
Originally Posted by bobby
Yea not surprising she said it and who cares but apparently at her company there was a lot of racial discrimination so this is being brought up so the pieces add up for a case.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3484607.html
Originally Posted by Josephine

Thank you for posting this. I've been waiting for a little more to come out, because what was being released was not making much sense.

It still looks like the majority of allegations are actually against Bubba. I think he owns 2 or 3 seafood restaurants, with the main one being in Savannah. That's if I remember correctly from older episodes of Paula's show. Paula has a slew of restaurants. There is one not too far from my area, but I have never been there. I've heard the service is horrible, they are always out of food, it is over priced, and more importantly... When you are a Southerner, someone else's home cooking is never as good as your mama's. I really don't think the Deen's have spent much time at that restaurant.

They are correct. What she said many years ago is not the issue. It's not right (and to whoever said they must be in the 1% who never said the N word, you are not alone. And I'm close to 40 and from the South. I never even felt comfortable repeating it when rapping along with numerous songs), but it's not illegal. Allegations of sexual harassment, unfair treatment, and derogatory comments in the work place, that's what the focus needs to be on.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

I really don't get the whole thing. Is anyone really surprised that an old, white, southern woman said it at some point in their life? And wasn't this in the context of a current sexual/racial harassment suit? What happened with that? What someone used to think doesn't concern me (much) at all, it's what they think NOW that's the issue. I think this is all about celebrity scandal culture we live in. If it's a "juicy" story, they'll run with it.

If she said it last week then it'd be an issue but the supposed incident took place in '82 or something. Now I don't for a minute believe that that's the only time in her life she said it but the only thing I care about is the content of her soul now.
Originally Posted by bobby
Yea not surprising she said it and who cares but apparently at her company there was a lot of racial discrimination so this is being brought up so the pieces add up for a case.

Paula Deen Scandal Continues As Employees Tell Rainbow/PUSH Coalition Of Alleged Discrimination
Originally Posted by Josephine

Thank you for posting this. I've been waiting for a little more to come out, because what was being released was not making much sense.

It still looks like the majority of allegations are actually against Bubba. I think he owns 2 or 3 seafood restaurants, with the main one being in Savannah. That's if I remember correctly from older episodes of Paula's show. Paula has a slew of restaurants. There is one not too far from my area, but I have never been there. I've heard the service is horrible, they are always out of food, it is over priced, and more importantly... When you are a Southerner, someone else's home cooking is never as good as your mama's. I really don't think the Deen's have spent much time at that restaurant.

They are correct. What she said many years ago is not the issue. It's not right (and to whoever said they must be in the 1% who never said the N word, you are not alone. And I'm close to 40 and from the South. I never even felt comfortable repeating it when rapping along with numerous songs), but it's not illegal. Allegations of sexual harassment, unfair treatment, and derogatory comments in the work place, that's what the focus needs to be on.
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
In the workplace, it could very well be illegal to say the N word, if it's shown it created a hostile work environment for at least one employee and if the owner of the business knew it was being said.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com