CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   Paula Deen's racist comments (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/159681-paula-deens-racist-comments.html)

The New Black 06-22-2013 10:37 AM

Paula Deen's racist comments
 
http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.r...catid=57590532

munchkin 06-22-2013 11:30 AM

There has always been something about her that seemed phony. Maybe she just seemed snooty to me. Wonder what Oprah thinks? They were best buds!!!!

CurlyCanadian 06-22-2013 02:32 PM

Love how fast the food network dropped her!!! Like a big old baked potato :lol:

CGNYC 06-22-2013 03:35 PM

Ugh. Paula. What have you done. I hate this on so many levels.

gagirl09 06-22-2013 10:47 PM

I thought originally it was just her brother not her saying to the left comments...oh well

teewalk21 06-22-2013 10:58 PM

Just a shame.. I was disappointed when I heard the news.

Fifi.G 06-23-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gagirl09 (Post 2183535)
I thought originally it was just her brother not her saying to the left comments...oh well

I did not know what was going on. I saw a brief clip about it on the news when I was working and it said she admitted to using the N word when she was a bank teller in the 60's (I think). I did not get to hear the whole story and I was wondering why she was questioned/gave a deposition about something she said 40 years ago.

This was the first time I had heard anything about her brother. It still isn't clear what her role is in this. It looks like the charges/allegations are about Bubba, but... Idk, and I don't know if I want to know what "finishing butter" is about. That was random. It's like only little tid bits are being released.

Regardless, it's not cool, but I am curious as to what all happened. Paula gets a little frisky with men on her show. I have seen more than one episode where a male guest seems uncomfortable with the semi nasty remarks she makes. She made Cheech Marin uncomfortable, and I know that ain't easy. Cheech could give a ****. She is a HEAVY flirt, to put it mildly. I wonder if any allegations have been made against her specifically.

VTmom 06-23-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi.G (Post 2183548)
Paula gets a little frisky with men on her show. I have seen more than one episode where a male guest seems uncomfortable with the semi nasty remarks she makes. She made Cheech Marin uncomfortable, and I know that ain't easy. Cheech could give a ****. She is a HEAVY flirt, to put it mildly. I wonder if any allegations have been made against her specifically.

ITA! I'm not sorry she got canned. She plucks my nerves in a big way...far too loud and obnoxious, and what she did proves it :cussing:

Fifi.G 06-24-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTmom (Post 2183734)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi.G (Post 2183548)
Paula gets a little frisky with men on her show. I have seen more than one episode where a male guest seems uncomfortable with the semi nasty remarks she makes. She made Cheech Marin uncomfortable, and I know that ain't easy. Cheech could give a ****. She is a HEAVY flirt, to put it mildly. I wonder if any allegations have been made against her specifically.

ITA! I'm not sorry she got canned. She plucks my nerves in a big way...far too loud and obnoxious, and what she did proves it :cussing:


She has gotten much worse on air since saying she is diabetic. There was a large difference from her first shows, to shows in her new house, but since then... WOW! I was at my moms one afternoon, and we were eating lunch watching FN. They showed a few of her more recent episodes and she was beyond crude and suggestive. It's pretty bad when your guests can hardly look you in the eye.

thelio 06-24-2013 08:02 AM

she made cheech uncomfortable? when? cheech marin? Whhhaaaa?

Josephine 06-24-2013 09:01 AM

It doesn't suprise me at all.

spiderlashes5000 06-24-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephine (Post 2183945)
It doesn't suprise me at all.


Really. Why is this news? How old is she? Where is she from? What is her race? How is this different than 95% of the rest of all old White ppl from down South?

Lotsawaves 06-24-2013 09:48 AM

I'm not surprised either and I'm glad she got called out on it. I feel the accusations against her brother got swept under the rug. He was on her show.

I read where her background was that she was afraid to leave her home, so she started making sandwiches for her sons to sell for her. From there she started a restaurant and then got her own show. She's never seemed to be this introvert to me. I saw her as being phony and needing attention. Did anyone see her on "Iron Chef America"? She was too busy trying to be funny and getting attention that she embarrassed herself.

PerriP 06-24-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotsawaves (Post 2183963)
I'm not surprised either and I'm glad she got called out on it. I feel the accusations against her brother got swept under the rug. He was on her show.

I read where her background was that she was afraid to leave her home, so she started making sandwiches for her sons to sell for her. From there she started a restaurant and then got her own show. She's never seemed to be this introvert to me. I saw her as being phony and needing attention. Did anyone see her on "Iron Chef America"? She was too busy trying to be funny and getting attention that she embarrassed herself.

I think it was agorophobia, not introversion, but I"m not positive.

Lotsawaves 06-24-2013 10:31 AM

You're right. I couldn't think of the correct term for it. I remember having it at one time and I wasn't an introvert. My mistake. Thx.

Curlyminx 06-24-2013 10:38 AM

Isn't she the one that used the racial slur while planning her brother's wedding. Called the waitstaff the N-word.

I never liked her. And I'm not surprised at all the white people freaking out about it. How dare they not be able to use the N-word amongst themselves. [/sarcasm]

Josephine 06-24-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 (Post 2183950)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephine (Post 2183945)
It doesn't suprise me at all.


Really. Why is this news? How old is she? Where is she from? What is her race? How is this different than 95% of the rest of all old White ppl from down South?

Exactly but I'm glad she's getting shamed and punished for it as she should be. In a lot of circles down here, it's perfectly acceptable. At least hide it or know your wrong socially.

Fifi.G 06-25-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelio (Post 2183928)
she made cheech uncomfortable? when? cheech marin? Whhhaaaa?

Right! That takes some skill.

He was on her show not too long ago, making some of his families favorite dishes, and he just kept shaking his head saying, "Paula, Paula, Paula".

We're talking about a man who has done scenes scooting across a mental hospital floor, on his butt, in a straight jacket, screaming "My balls are itching!!". It takes a lot to get to him.

Fifi.G 06-25-2013 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 (Post 2183950)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephine (Post 2183945)
It doesn't suprise me at all.


Really. Why is this news? How old is she? Where is she from? What is her race? How is this different than 95% of the rest of all old White ppl from down South?

I've never seen any of the old white people in my family act like that. Just because your from the south, and of a specific age, it doesn't mean your automatically racist.

Or sexually harassing everyone who walks in the room.

thelio 06-25-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi.G (Post 2184280)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000 (Post 2183950)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephine (Post 2183945)
It doesn't suprise me at all.


Really. Why is this news? How old is she? Where is she from? What is her race? How is this different than 95% of the rest of all old White ppl from down South?

I've never seen any of the old white people in my family act like that. Just because your from the south, and of a specific age, it doesn't mean your automatically racist.

Or sexually harassing everyone who walks in the room.

All the old folks I have met from la and ms are awesome. They still pester me to come down for a visit. One of them is an white lady in her mid-eighties. Her best friend is a black lady. They known each other since they were children. They marched to washington together. When obama ran for president she said, "i hope that young man wins, just to piss off the whites." I have to see what she has to say about ms paula deen. I am sure nothing nice.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com