Move Over, Springcurl...I think I may have the weirdest neighbor...

Like Tree53Likes

I really don't want to file a police report, yet. It's not like she's done anything to me. Someone visiting her questioning her mental state could actually escalate the situation. IDK. I've never had to deal with something/someone like this before.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
Yes, I agree it's premature to call them now. But if you did, it's not like they would arrest her or file charges. They would just talk to her and warn her to leave you alone. And you could get some documentation, w/o her even knowing that they wrote up the incident.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000

My husband is a police officer and I am telling you it is not too early to get a report done. It is for your safety. Document it now before something worse happens.
Jim and I are going to the office this week. I am going to have a letter written documenting all of this and tell them I want it in my file and to make sure all of her accusations are in her file. We haven't talked to her, but she is making so much noise above us. She is pacing and stomping around. Sometimes she will stand in one place and just stomp. It also sounds like she is dragging stuff around and dropping a bowling ball or something really heavy. It went on for 3 1/2 hours last night. Up until 11:30pm. Jim and I couldn't sleep. It would startle us when she would drop something. At one point she started slinging the patio door open and slamming it. This wasn't normal activity. We are requesting that they move her. I shouldn't have to feel unsafe in my own home.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
Sounds like she's getting worse, Lotsa.

I'd follow ashleynicol's advice.

There's being tolerant, and then there's dealing with lunatics. I'd say you're in loony-land at this point.
rouquinne, Starmie and WurlyLox like this.

http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
I felt very tense last night. Jim is leaving town on Sunday and won't be back until Tuesday. I'm not comfortable being there alone. We are going to talk to them at the office and if she is still there by Sunday, I'll spend the night at my daughter's house until Jim comes home. I'm not sure what to do in this situation. I'm afraid if I complain too much she will really get out of control, but I can't live like this. It's so weird, because I've never even seen this woman until she approached Jim.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I felt very tense last night. Jim is leaving town on Sunday and won't be back until Tuesday. I'm not comfortable being there alone. We are going to talk to them at the office and if she is still there by Sunday, I'll spend the night at my daughter's house until Jim comes home. I'm not sure what to do in this situation. I'm afraid if I complain too much she will really get out of control, but I can't live like this. It's so weird, because I've never even seen this woman until she approached Jim.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
Like I said at the beginning, if you really feel uneasy (and it seems like you do), have an officer come out and explain the situation. I wouldn't call 911, tho. Maybe you could audio tape the noises for the property manager if they happen only at night. Or is anyone on duty at night?

It's only been once that she's approached you in person? Hmmmm, I would be very impressed if you could get them to force her to move just over that incident.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Spider, the office was talking about moving her to a different apartment when she complained about me. They had moved her once before because she said her downstairs neighbor was doing the same thing she thinks I'm doing. They think maybe a downstairs apartment may help. They feel there is a mental issue with her, but I don't think they see her as being dangerous. I'll see if Jim can record the noise if she starts up again tonite. He only has his phone, so not sure how well it will pick up the sound.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
Spider, the office was talking about moving her to a different apartment when she complained about me. They had moved her once before because she said her downstairs neighbor was doing the same thing she thinks I'm doing. They think maybe a downstairs apartment may help. They feel there is a mental issue with her, but I don't think they see her as being dangerous. I'll see if Jim can record the noise if she starts up again tonite. He only has his phone, so not sure how well it will pick up the sound.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves

Oh, I forgot that part. Yeah, definitely, press them to move her.

In that case, I would have the cop come out and write something up first before you go to the management office, so as to strengthen your argument that she is a nuissance.
claudine191 likes this.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

I really hate getting the cops involved right now. I'd rather see if the office will help and if not then I will call the non-emergency line and see what I can do. I will let the office know that that is what I feel I must do. I'm also going to write a letter to the manager and have it put in my file and I'm going to ask them if they are documenting her file.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I really hate getting the cops involved right now. I'd rather see if the office will help and if not then I will call the non-emergency line and see what I can do. I will let the office know that that is what I feel I must do. I'm also going to write a letter to the manager and have it put in my file and I'm going to ask them if they are documenting her file.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
Be safe. Don't forget your taser and mace!

eta - you know i'm just kidding. I hope you are being vigilant and cautious.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG


Last edited by spiderlashes5000; 09-16-2013 at 12:42 PM.
I just got off the phone with the office. My friend there said she will talk to the manager before she leaves and wants Jim and I to come in and talk to him. I told her we can't tonite, because he has a meeting and I have to go to my SIL's house. Tomorrow evening I have Zumba, so can't go until Wednesday after work. I told Jim and he said he may try to go in on Tuesday. He said last night was very, very weird. I also asked if they have documented her file with her complaints and she wasn't sure. I told her I wanted it documented and that I was going to bring in a letter that I want in my file.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I don't understand your reluctance to involve the police, this is what they are there for, your tax dollars pay for them to protect and serve. It is your safety.
claudine191 likes this.
I have no idea how I missed this thread. I guess I was assuming bucket in the hall, too

Oh Lotsa, welcome to my world. I hear this stuff on the phone, all day, every day. Sometimes 10 + times a night from the same person. In fact, I am willing to bet the 911 dispatch office in your area is probably familiar with this woman. If she is going to the office, she's calling the cops too. You really do need to call and file a report. That does not mean anything has to be done at this moment. It can be strictly for documentation alone.

In the mean time, don't take it personally at all. This is obviously a mental disorder. It's probably a few things going on at once. Very often in the situations the person gets someone on their mind, and they blame them for everything. I have heard it between neighbors, family members, someone blaming a former teacher for their alien invasions and talking utensils, someone blaming me for bugging their phone, someone blaming the "whores in the trailer park for poison in their bed". I could go on for days. Trust that if she is calling the police and they are familiar, they know what's up. In other words, don't expect them to knock your door anytime soon. You just need to make them aware of how uncomfortable you are and that she is approaching you. Okay?

Unfortunately, in many of these situations you find family does not care and is not willing to help, but it would not hurt for someone to check (again and again). That would be up to the police or your complex.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Also, if push comes to shove and she continues to bother you, you can get a protective order. There is actually a similar situation in my town. One lady was moved to a different section of the apartments and isn't allowed to go near the one above her. 95% of the time the people do not live near each other, sometimes they are in different states, sometimes that person isn't even real or alive anymore. Approaching is fairly rare. I don't want to scare you. I don't know this person, but I can say that most women I have talked to like this are actually pretty nice. It's sounds strange, but they are and often quite different when on meds. My office went out on a limb for a woman and took her to court ourselves and had her committed. She was trying to drive, which wasn't good or safe for anyone. She had too many hallucinations. This is why the police need to know that she has been bothering you and Jim. It's important. There are far too many people with mental illnesses for LEO or dispatch to help them all. You can't, but they need to know when and if they are acting more aggressive.

PS- Do you know if she even knows your name, or if she knew it before or if you're just "the neighbor who zaps me"? I would hope in situations like this your apartment building would keep a hands off approach with giving this information out too. If you told her, that's one thing.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-16-2013 at 09:17 PM.
I have no idea how I missed this thread. I guess I was assuming bucket in the hall, too

Oh Lotsa, welcome to my world. I hear this stuff on the phone, all day, every day. Sometimes 10 + times a night from the same person. In fact, I am willing to bet the 911 dispatch office in your area is probably familiar with this woman. If she is going to the office, she's calling the cops too. You really do need to call and file a report. That does not mean anything has to be done at this moment. It can be strictly for documentation alone.

In the mean time, don't take it personally at all. This is obviously a mental disorder. It's probably a few things going on at once. Very often in the situations the person gets someone on their mind, and they blame them for everything. I have heard it between neighbors, family members, someone blaming a former teacher for their alien invasions and talking utensils, someone blaming me for bugging their phone, someone blaming the "whores in the trailer park for poison in their bed". I could go on for days. Trust that if she is calling the police and they are familiar, they know what's up. In other words, don't expect them to knock your door anytime soon. You just need to make them aware of how uncomfortable you are and that she is approaching you. Okay?

Unfortunately, in many of these situations you find family does not care and is not willing to help, but it would not hurt for someone to check (again and again). That would be up to the police or your complex.
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
You definitely explained it better than I could. My husband being a cop and me being a nurse who has worked in the emergency room for the last 7 years, we run into people like this all the time.
And youre definitely right the police are probably already familiar with this lady. Please call and report this for your safety... before something bad happens. Your already afraid to be alone... you are in fear of your safety...

Last edited by Ashleynicol; 09-16-2013 at 10:18 PM.
If they are not aware of this situation, they could be aware of the last. It's a common, and it's set up where a family member could walk in, speak with a magistrate and have commitment papers drawn up in no time. The person would them be taken somewhere for evaluation, and what happens from there is up to medical professionals. That's really the way it should operate, as opposed to officers or dispatchers spending days in court to commit a non family member, but of course it's not perfect in every situation. And often they go off their meds again a year or 2 later. The system is screwy and all too many mental health facilities opened, brought people into an area, closed their doors, and all but walked away. Yay!

One side note... I wouldn't recommend the "my tax dollars pay your salary" argument with LEO or Emergency Services. That's not well received (if it's said or not) because we pay our salaries too.

Though that is typically reserved for the pampered sort who cuss you out and remind (read try to put you in your place) you that they pay your salary/are your boss when you refuse to send an officer to pick up their trash, in their yard, that a stray dog ripped into. It's amazing what falls under protect and serve to some people. They think serve = servant. When I'm here because I want to help people who need it. I'd say it having a stranger tell you that they pay your salary would not go over well with anyone.

This has been a PSA.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-17-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Do the apartment complex people actually have any legal rights or responsibilities here? In the UK they would have very little without police reports or court cases. If they don't, and also have little to no understanding they could easily worsen the situation blundering about. Even if she agrees to move that does not protect her or others.

IMO you should contact a mental health charity or social services or the police or anyone with knowledge and/ or authority to get your neighbour appropriate help and keep you protected. These organisations exist for a reason, they can work together to resolve the situation. A delusional/ paranoid/ psychotic person IS potentially a danger to themselves and/ or others until they are correctly diagnosed and appropriately medicated.

Putting off contacting the authorities is not helping anyone, your neighbour must be in hell and you are no doubt very stressed and upset. I am sure if this was your friend or relative you'd want their neighbours to seek appropriate help and support before it was too late?

Good luck.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect
I don't think she was home last night. Her apartment was dark when I got home around 9pm and it was very quite all night. I'll talk to Jim tonite about contacting the police. I have the # for the non emergency line. He will probably want to wait until we talk to the office on Wednesday

ETA; She didn't know my name..
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I don't think she was home last night. Her apartment was dark when I got home around 9pm and it was very quite all night. I'll talk to Jim tonite about contacting the police. I have the # for the non emergency line. He will probably want to wait until we talk to the office on Wednesday

ETA; She didn't know my name..
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
Just remember... Getting it documented could be good for you and good information for them in the future as well.

I'm glad they had not given her your name. In situations like that we are Bertha, Margaret, May Bell, Thelma, Louise, Etc... (we pick from a memory catalog of older southern names that none of us have. it's also a code word. when you hear "I'm Edda Lou" you know that your partners going to be on the phone for awhile and may need you to do something) We will not give our real names and nor do we have to when someone is showing obsessive behavior toward people in our office. Especially if they are a new caller that we have never talked to before. You have to consider safety.

I hope she will not be back tonight, but if she is or if she approaches you again... pick up the phone. Don't give it a second thought.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-17-2013 at 09:07 AM.

One side note... I wouldn't recommend the "my tax dollars pay your salary" argument with LEO or Emergency Services. That's not well received (if it's said or not) because we pay our salaries too.

Though that is typically reserved for the pampered sort who cuss you out and remind (read try to put you in your place) you that they pay your salary/are your boss when you refuse to send an officer to pick up their trash, in their yard, that a stray dog ripped into. It's amazing what falls under protect and serve to some people. They think serve = servant. When I'm here because I want to help people who need it. I'd say it having a stranger tell you that they pay your salary would not go over well with anyone.

This has been a PSA.
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
I didnt mean it in a derogatory way. My husband is a law enforcement officer and yes he works hard and really doesn't get paid enough for what he does. But many people are afraid of the cops or afraid to call them because they don't want to be thought of as annoying, troublemakers, or "tattletales". So I was just trying to point out that it is ok to contact them about this.

And to protect and serve is what they say in all of their pledges when they are sworn in.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com