CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   Religion was created by man not god (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/163652-religion-created-man-not-god.html)

BronxJazzy 10-03-2013 09:29 PM

Religion was created by man not god
 
Religion was created by man. Before there was religion god reigned the heaven and the earth. He reigned before jesus was born before mohammad or moses were born. He used them to get through to the world but they were men and not perfect. God is not jesus he is god. People always get that wrong. Jesus is the son of god and a prophet or messanger of god. He was used by god to show his power on the earth. That is all. All religions are a path to god except witchcraft. With witchcraft you rely on your own power and not gods. So its an abomination to god. The quaran torah and bible are history books. They are a history of gods power. That is all. They were created by man so they are imperfect.

RedCatWaves 10-04-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BronxJazzy (Post 2213255)
Religion was created by man. Before there was religion god reigned the heaven and the earth. He reigned before jesus was born before mohammad or moses were born. He used them to get through to the world but they were men and not perfect. God is not jesus he is god. People always get that wrong. Jesus is the son of god and a prophet or messanger of god. He was used by god to show his power on the earth. That is all. All religions are a path to god except witchcraft. With witchcraft you rely on your own power and not gods. So its an abomination to god. The quaran torah and bible are history books. They are a history of gods power. That is all. They were created by man so they are imperfect.

Oy...you do know that you have no proof of any of this, right? This is all just your subjective opinion.

Starmie 10-04-2013 03:51 AM

I really want to respond to this but I wouldn't know where to start and I don't like to be offensive about other people's beliefs.

Eilonwy 10-05-2013 05:37 PM

OP, what is this thread for? Your post doesn't seem like the start of a conversation.

honeysweet20 10-06-2013 02:23 AM

Your hair is nice :shock::dontknow:

Firefox7275 10-06-2013 04:47 AM

I disagree "all religions are a pathway to [your] God". There are various polytheistic religions, Wicca is far from the only one.

I find it offensive that you dismiss Wicca as an abomination to your God, just as it would be offensive to suggest that Christianity is an abomination to, say, atheists. We could just respect one another's belief systems proving they do not deliberately harm others.

Fifi.G 10-06-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefox7275 (Post 2213876)
I disagree "all religions are a pathway to [your] God". There are various polytheistic religions, Wicca is far from the only one.

I find it offensive that you dismiss Wicca as an abomination to your God, just as it would be offensive to suggest that Christianity is an abomination to, say, atheists. We could just respect one another's belief systems proving they do not deliberately harm others.


There are several polytheistic religions, that is a fact. There is a great deal of beauty in them as well, and I completely agree with respecting others beliefs.

I come from a land mainly ruled by Southern Baptists. The overwhelming majority believe a preacher should not be educated in theology. He should be called by God. (ETA: That stems from years of many not being able to get an education past the 4th to 6th grade due to family obligations and many who never had the means to get an education past high school.) The downside of that, imo, is that they have little to no understanding of other religions and are often the first to condemn Wiccan's and other forms of Paganism as devil worship. I can't help but have a little chuckle because I also live in an area founded by Irish and Scottish immigrants, who were Celts, and they still plant things based on pagan signs. They also follow several other nature based beliefs, rules, stories, superstitions that come from Pagan roots. It's second nature. They just have no idea what comes from. I can't get mad because it's an honest lack of understanding along with some firmly planted beliefs, but I can easily explain how silly the notion is.

Blueblood 10-06-2013 11:53 AM

Fifi.G you must laugh hard when you think of the dates of Easter, Halloween and Christmas.

CURLYanddy_ 10-06-2013 12:26 PM

But, what's the point of this post though?


- Sent from Anddy's iPhone. 😋

Fifi.G 10-06-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblood (Post 2213964)
Fifi.G you must laugh hard when you think of the dates of Easter, Halloween and Christmas.

The Winter Solstice. Sunrise services being meant to worship the Pagan Sun God, and snacking on a chocolate fertility symbol. And Samhain. I am fond of Samhain, and rather irritated that some are now requesting children not be allowed to wear halloween costumes to school.

It is an intertwining. 12 religions have the same Golden Rule, which is an intertwining as well, and a rather beautiful one I think.

Fifi.G 10-06-2013 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 38951

This one has Native Spirituality added as well, which is pretty cool. I like the commons between mono and polytheistic as well as spiritual/nature based religions.

AmyJeanne 10-06-2013 11:03 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...00/288/186/d7d

Fifi.G 10-06-2013 11:15 PM

The Dude has spoken.

CURLYanddy_ 10-07-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyJeanne (Post 2214092)

Hahahaha!


- Sent from Anddy's iPhone. 😋

Lotsawaves 10-09-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeysweet20 (Post 2213854)
Your hair is nice :shock::dontknow:

This post made my night...thank you. I can't stop laughing.

FrostiiLove 10-09-2013 05:16 AM

Although I agree with quite a bit of what the OP said; I don't really discuss it because then I'd have to go into details with facts and such to back it up. Also, I'd have to deal with people that are to defensive to even hear me out. I don't think she should have started such a deep issue with an extremely vague approach.

So here is just one example of some facts about "Jesus". Please feel free to research any of the info given, I encourage it. I've spent 12 years factually researching various religions and I have much more "proof" but this just about covers it, generally speaking.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqFtpV4i4zs

I believe in a mighty God, never doubted there was a higher power. I'm just not so convinced of all the other things people attach to God. I don't feel we need to argue, I'm sure we can discuss, disagree or agree on this post just like any other non-hair post.

Who Me? 10-09-2013 05:26 AM

I was right with you on the first sentence, "Religion was created by man", but then you lost me.

I would have continued it with something like....Religion was created by man, as a way to comfort oneself and to explain things that couldn't be explained, and it became a useful tool to control people.

honeysweet20 10-10-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CURLYanddy_ (Post 2213969)
But, what's the point of this post though?


- Sent from Anddy's iPhone. ��

And notice the O.P never came back! Thank you for not feeding into this and being good sports everyone!:twisted:

Eilonwy 10-10-2013 09:18 AM

Religion was created by woman, and that woman.... was ME. :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Lovemenappy 10-11-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eilonwy (Post 2214885)
Religion was created by woman, and that woman.... was ME. :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

LMAO.....Goddess Eilonwy :angel10:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com