Only attracted to tall guys?

Like Tree11Likes

I agree sometimes tall guys have horrid personalities. But then again that goes for anyone regardless of genes lol. I can see you may like certain thinga like braces, scruff, pretty eyes etc. But sometimes it takes a moment for you to fall head over into someone you hadn't expected lol. Just keep you eyes peeled so you don't miss over. And be sure to look over the tall guy who asks you to dance's shoulder cause there just might be someone worthwhile you haven't gotten to know. Don't let a few inches get the best of ya

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by bringingcurliesback?
That is true. It is the unexpected ones that get you. I could not stand my first love when we were kids. We had several run in's at the local pool from toddler-hood on. One night at a party, 12 years after we met, he spilled his guts about how he felt. That was it. A 7 year relationship followed.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

I think every guy I've dated has been taller than me, but I'm 5'4, so most people are taller than me.

Some were taller by a couple of inches, some more, by who knows by how much, who was keeping track? Not me.

Anyway, I am happy to report that I've found no correlation between tallness of guy and quality of guy and much less quality of relationship.
Blueblood likes this.
2BC/f/II. fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Currently using:
Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1
RO: Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: CeraVe Foaming as low-poo, gelatin gel

light moisture, hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
One of my friends always said "she likes the little ones" about the men I've dated. I tend to gravitate toward shorter men (maybe because I'm under 5 feet and even my dad and brother are only 5'5").

My SO is about 5'4" and I love that we just fit, but it wouldn't repel me from someone if they had all of the internal qualities I look for.

Not to say that I would have turned him down if everything else had been perfect but I would prefer height.
Originally Posted by Luuuuucy
I agree.


I don't agree with hard and fast rules like "I'm ONLY attracted to tall guys". Even if you've never previously been, maybe a guy who's super attractive to you in every other way will be shorter and you'll find him attractive.

It's one thing to not be hitting on guys you don't think are hot, but I think people are only hurting themselves when they turn down a guy because of one physical characteristic, like height. If you otherwise find him charming, what's one date to see if you are attracted to him beyond something like height?
Originally Posted by Who Me?
Just pointing out that finding someone attractive and be attracted to someone are two totally different things.

Not arguing w/ you about your or anyone's personal preferences but...

Yes, I could find a short man attractive. But no, I couldn't be attracted to him.

It's not about hurting yourself or limiting yorself w/ arbitrary rules. If you aren't attracted to a person or a type of person you just arent't attracted.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG


Last edited by spiderlashes5000; 12-19-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Maybe we just want to feel petite and dainty, because we associate that with feeling feminine.
Maybe we just want to feel petite and dainty, because we associate that with feeling feminine.
Originally Posted by Dedachan
Not me.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

I guess I don't want to feel like I could squish the guy.
Josephine likes this.
Not to say that I would have turned him down if everything else had been perfect but I would prefer height.
Originally Posted by Luuuuucy
I agree.


I don't agree with hard and fast rules like "I'm ONLY attracted to tall guys". Even if you've never previously been, maybe a guy who's super attractive to you in every other way will be shorter and you'll find him attractive.

It's one thing to not be hitting on guys you don't think are hot, but I think people are only hurting themselves when they turn down a guy because of one physical characteristic, like height. If you otherwise find him charming, what's one date to see if you are attracted to him beyond something like height?
Originally Posted by Who Me?

Just pointing out that finding someone attractive and be attracted to someone are two totally different things.


Not arguing w/ you about your or anyone's personal preferences but...

Yes, I could find a short man attractive. But no, I couldn't be attracted to him.

It's not about hurting yourself or limiting yorself w/ arbitrary rules. If you aren't attracted to a person or a type of person you just arent't attracted.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
This is true. I can be highly attracted to someone but don't find them attractive. This is usually my case. I've seen attractive men that I'm not attracted to just because their personality or something isn't doing it for me. I'm less into looks when it comes to physical chemistry.

I think what who me meant was, when you are highly attracted to someone they become attractive to you (in a biased way). But if you weren't attracted to them, they just wouldn't be.

LOL I love how we overanalyze these things, but that's in my nature.
I guess I don't want to feel like I could squish the guy.
Originally Posted by Dedachan
I like a guy to be at least a little bigger than me(height or weight). My first bf was my height and weight or smaller and it just didnt do it for me. I felt bigger than him when i hugged him, like hugging my little cousin. Just no. I also dont like really skinny guys..even if they are tall..feel like im hugging bones. And i love a little belly on a guy.
I guess I don't want to feel like I could squish the guy.
Originally Posted by Dedachan
I like a guy to be at least a little bigger than me(height or weight). My first bf was my height and weight or smaller and it just didnt do it for me. I felt bigger than him when i hugged him, like hugging my little cousin. Just no. I also dont like really skinny guys..even if they are tall..feel like im hugging bones. And i love a little belly on a guy.
Originally Posted by Josephine
Yeah, I don't want to feel like I'm hugged up on a little child! Or that he won't be able to defend himself if other guys try him while we're out together. (It has happened!)
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG


Last edited by spiderlashes5000; 12-19-2013 at 02:18 PM.
For whatever reason I don't feel comfortable with tall guys. There have definitely been some exceptions, but by and large they don't register on my radar. It's like they're filtered out in a close to unconscious, knee-jerk way.

I've been attracted to a fair number of short guys because I am comfortable with guys right around my height and a couple inches taller (which is a bit more preferable than my exact height). I'm 5'6". I tend to like guys who have a scrapperish physique.
OBB likes this.
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
"I personally like plain ol' average height guys. I have never really been attracted to tall guys. I like to feel close to my guy and with tall guys I just don't think I would feel exactly the same, being to tall would make me feel distant since I am on the shorter side."

I totally agree. I feel much comfortable with guys just a few inches taller than me (I'm 5'2"). My hubby us 5'7". I dated a much taller guy one time and it just felt awkward to turn my head up to the sky every time I wanted to talk to the guy.
I understand that some women like to be with taller guys because they feel more "protected" but I've got the same sense of "protection" when I am with shorter guys.
Tall guys can be so much fun though! Dated one who was 6'5. Adored him. He was so sweet. Another was around 6'3. I shouldn't say we dated. We flirted for many years and had fun for a little while

One of my closest friends in High School was 6'9. I would see him at the opposite end of the hall, scream "Lake Lure" (because that's where Dirty Dancing was filmed), run toward him and leap in the air. He would catch me and do the whole lift over the head, and twirl me around. I can fly!

He was a giant teddy bear.

Also had another tall friend, with a rockin mohawk, in high school who I did not get to see often M-F my junior/his senior year. We were really close and used to talking at lunch or in between classes. So, his last year, he literally picked me up just before the bell rang for my journalism class and would carry me to the opposite end of the school campus where he had math. We would spend that time catching up and then I would run back to class. My teacher was always dying laughing when I came flying in the door. Sorry, sorry, sorry! She was a cool lady. I never got in trouble, and enjoyed the guy taxi.
Dedachan likes this.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 12-21-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Not to say that I would have turned him down if everything else had been perfect but I would prefer height.
Originally Posted by Luuuuucy
I agree.


I don't agree with hard and fast rules like "I'm ONLY attracted to tall guys". Even if you've never previously been, maybe a guy who's super attractive to you in every other way will be shorter and you'll find him attractive.

It's one thing to not be hitting on guys you don't think are hot, but I think people are only hurting themselves when they turn down a guy because of one physical characteristic, like height. If you otherwise find him charming, what's one date to see if you are attracted to him beyond something like height?
Originally Posted by Who Me?
Just pointing out that finding someone attractive and be attracted to someone are two totally different things.

Not arguing w/ you about your or anyone's personal preferences but...

Yes, I could find a short man attractive. But no, I couldn't be attracted to him.

It's not about hurting yourself or limiting yorself w/ arbitrary rules. If you aren't attracted to a person or a type of person you just arent't attracted.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Respectfully, I disagree and believe it IS hurting and limiting yourself with arbitrary rules. I believe making a blanket statement like "I'm not attracted to short guys" reinforces the belief. It's different than saying "I've never been attracted to a short guy before". Similar to the way teachers/tutors tell kids not to say "I'm bad at math", because it just reinforces it and they give up.

Personally, I definitely find taller guys generally more attractive. I've only dated one guy approx. my height (5'6"). Some of the best physical chemistry I've ever had, if you know what I mean (wink wink). My fiancé is a few inches taller, but definitely not "tall". So glad I was willing to give him a chance!
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
I actually prefer taller guys. Not in the "6 feet or over" sense, though. I just like for them to be taller than me. I guess it's because I'm short and petite (a smidge over 5').

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using CurlTalk App
Curly and PROUD!!!

My hair has a mix of low/med/high porosity, and it's medium textured (some are still fine, though!)

CG since Sept. 2011
Cowash: Vo5/Suave Naturals/Tresemme Naturals*
RO/LI: GVPCB*, Tresemme Naturals*
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
Stylers: KCKT*, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Honey*

* represents my HGs!!! Finally!!!
I agree with Spiderlashes about the difference between finding someone attractive and being attracted to them. I have also had the rare occurrence of being attracted to someone who didn't fit what I am usually strongly attracted to and even had traits that usually repel me. Some traits that we are attracted to are because of how we grew up, but some of it is biological. The biological part can't be changed. You can't force yourself to be attracted to a person that you're body isn't wired to be attracted to.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
Josephine likes this.
3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed

I agree.


I don't agree with hard and fast rules like "I'm ONLY attracted to tall guys". Even if you've never previously been, maybe a guy who's super attractive to you in every other way will be shorter and you'll find him attractive.

It's one thing to not be hitting on guys you don't think are hot, but I think people are only hurting themselves when they turn down a guy because of one physical characteristic, like height. If you otherwise find him charming, what's one date to see if you are attracted to him beyond something like height?
Originally Posted by Who Me?
Just pointing out that finding someone attractive and be attracted to someone are two totally different things.

Not arguing w/ you about your or anyone's personal preferences but...

Yes, I could find a short man attractive. But no, I couldn't be attracted to him.

It's not about hurting yourself or limiting yorself w/ arbitrary rules. If you aren't attracted to a person or a type of person you just arent't attracted.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Respectfully, I disagree and believe it IS hurting and limiting yourself with arbitrary rules. I believe making a blanket statement like "I'm not attracted to short guys" reinforces the belief. It's different than saying "I've never been attracted to a short guy before". Similar to the way teachers/tutors tell kids not to say "I'm bad at math", because it just reinforces it and they give up.

Personally, I definitely find taller guys generally more attractive. I've only dated one guy approx. my height (5'6"). Some of the best physical chemistry I've ever had, if you know what I mean (wink wink). My fiancé is a few inches taller, but definitely not "tall". So glad I was willing to give him a chance!
Originally Posted by Who Me?

To me, it's like the analogy someone else made, substituting women.

I can confidently say "I'm not attracted to women." I don't need to qualify that by saying, "well, I haven't been attracted to a women ~yet~ so there may be a possibility."

If you know yourself, you know what you are and aren't attracted to, if the particular characteristic is a big deal to you (and for me, height is). Tho it would definitely be easier for me to overlook shortness of stature in a man than femaleness in a woman! LOL

That said, there is this guy who is 5'8"...

I will start a thread on that situation soon.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Good point, spiderlashes.

I'm lost without the metric system, but google tells me 5'8" equals 1,76m. I'm 1,67m, so I think of that as tall. Either way, good luck!

To me, it's like the analogy someone else made, substituting women.

I can confidently say "I'm not attracted to women." I don't need to qualify that by saying, "well, I haven't been attracted to a women ~yet~ so there may be a possibility."

If you know yourself, you know what you are and aren't attracted to, if the particular characteristic is a big deal to you (and for me, height is). Tho it would definitely be easier for me to overlook shortness of stature in a man than femaleness in a woman! LOL

That said, there is this guy who is 5'8"...

I will start a thread on that situation soon.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
LOL so you are contradicting yourself. One can generally be only attracted to a certain type but usually there can be exceptions. Point is, doesn't seem like you're limiting yourself completely if there is a 5'8 guy.

To me, it's like the analogy someone else made, substituting women.

I can confidently say "I'm not attracted to women." I don't need to qualify that by saying, "well, I haven't been attracted to a women ~yet~ so there may be a possibility."

If you know yourself, you know what you are and aren't attracted to, if the particular characteristic is a big deal to you (and for me, height is). Tho it would definitely be easier for me to overlook shortness of stature in a man than femaleness in a woman! LOL

That said, there is this guy who is 5'8"...

I will start a thread on that situation soon.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
LOL so you are contradicting yourself. One can generally be only attracted to a certain type but usually there can be exceptions. Point is, doesn't seem like you're limiting yourself completely if there is a 5'8 guy.
Originally Posted by Josephine

No. The issue is that he is crazy about me and a great guy. Great w/ kids. I really enjoy his company...we've been friends for almost 5 yrs but he has been wanting more since day 1. Perfect for me in many ways and wants to get married. And he is not bad looking. Except he is short and I am not attracted to him.

OK, I guess no need for a separate thread. LOL
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com