Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree18145Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2005, 05:59 PM   #281
 
NetG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,104
Default

Dia99-I swear you are INSIDE my head!
__________________
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
NetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:36 PM   #282
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,075
Default

To my friend who has decided that 5.00 a month is too much for call waiting .If you are so self-centered that you don't care how much you inconvenience other people than I guess I won't call you anymore. If you are on the phone and don't answer that is fine but now I can't even leave a message. Totally annoying and no I don't want to hang up and call your cell which you won't frickin answer anyway because you're on the other line.

To my friend who has a boyfriend and has decided that she doesn't need her friends anymore. We have been friends for 15 years...you've know him a year. Let's hope it lasts because if it doesn't I'm going to have a hard time consoling you after you have neglected my friendship for a year

Actually make that two years because you neglected our friendship with the other guy you were dating.... Remember him..the one who dumped you?


Whoo..that felt good!
Chakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:00 PM   #283
 
beshan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 233
Send a message via AIM to beshan
Default

Reading some of these has been the best entertainment I've had in a while. Ok, so here's mine:

Ok, I live in North Carolina and I have all of my 26 years. Yes, I have an accent, I like NASCAR and country music. My accent does not mean I am slow, I have a freakin Master's degree. If you don't like the way things are here, go back to where you do like things. I would not expect to move anywhere else and make them change because they are different from me.

If you can't do the speed limit, get off the road. Especially if you are on your damn phone!

Yes, I am short and have a big butt. Get over it because I have and I don't need you pointing those things out.

No, counseling is not a waste of time if you truly need it.

Plese learn to use a freakin condom. I am tired of paying for your children because "he wouldn't wear one." News flash, nobody likes them, get over it or don't have sex.

Please don't come in to my office high as a kite and say you really want your children back. Obviously you don't if you can't stay sober for 45 minutes.

To my family, I am in no rush to get married or have children. Just because everybody else I graduated with was does not mean I am. I thoroughly enjoy being selfish at this point in my life and my mother has taught me we all need to have that time before we resent those who prevented us from having it.

Quit trying to be someone you aren't.

Please brush your teeth and take a shower.

My dog is every bit as important to me as your child is to you.

Yes, my hair is straight today and yes it will go back to being curly after I wash it. Just like it does everytime I wear it curly after straightening it. No, I do not love my curls all the time and I reserve the right to complain. I cannot help your hair is straight like I cannot help mine is curly. Trust me, some days I would be glad to trade. No, I did not perm my hair. If my hair looked like this after a perm, I would ask for a refund (sometimes). And, last, NO, you cannot touch it!

Note to transfer truck drivers: You DO NOT own the road so please quit acting like it.

Yes, I am going back to school. Who cares if I have more than one degree as long as I am happy and have the ablitity.

This is great. May have to add more later.

ETA: More complaints thought of over night.
__________________
My hair is somewhere in the 2's or 3's, but I have yet to figure out specifically where.
beshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #284
 
curlykerri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 21
Default

To our "President". Fiscally conservative, look it up. Way to put us more in the hole with your inauguration. THank you for making me question having children in a country that puts you in office for 2 terms for fear that by the time they are my age they can't talk/think/feel without someone's approval. Thank you for not understanding diplomacy/freedom/rights/intelligence. Thanks for making me want to live in a hole until 2008.

To every bridezilla. Chill out. It's one day, it isn't going to be perfect, I'm not going to bend over backward to please your every whim, and you have asked way to much of us already. If I can plan a wedding without invading your life every other day, so can you. And P.S. you don't have taste, and reading Instyle Weddings isn't going to help. P.P.S. Quit believing everything you read in Cosmo.

Thanks! That was fantastic.
__________________
"and everybody knows, it sucks to grow up "
-ben folds

3b
too many stying products to list
curlykerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:19 PM   #285
 
Who Me?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,010
Default

We were friends when we were kids, and all throughout high school. We seemed to be a lot alike back then, and had a lot of fun. Even though you were always competitive and got angry at me whenever I did something better than you.

Then we went away to college, and you apparently decided that you needed a boyfriend to be at all worthy as a person. So you latched onto the first guy you could, and then immediately switched him for someone you perceived as "better". You never made a single friend, because they all hated you because you treated them poorly because you are so judgemental. I made a lot of friends, and you hate me for that. Yet you pity me for not having a boyfriend. I don't need a guy to make me feel complete.

Now that we're out of college, you've switched boyfriends again. Notice I said "switched" because you wait until another guy is interested, kiss him, and then dump the old boyfriend. You've never been single in your life, yet you always talk about how independent you are. You are the exact opposite of independent. You can't do a darn thing yourself. You talk to big about all the things you want to do, and then hate me for actually doing them.

You don't talk to me for weeks or even months at a time because you have no life outside of your boyfriend, and then as soon as something goes wrong you get mad at me for not being there for you.

You are the most judgemental person I've ever met. Everyone has made mistakes in their lives. Just because someone didn't go to college, or has used drugs does not mean you can treat them like crap, and act like you'e better than them. They are way better people than you will ever be.

You did not get into med school because they did not want you. You are a *****, and I'm sure it comes across in everything you do. You complain about everyone around you, roommates, coworkers, service people, etc., but I am sure it's you, not them. It's so obvious to everyone except you.

Don't hate me for being the person you wish you could be. If you could find the strength to be alone then maybe you could figure out what you want out of life.

I really and sincerely hope you're not this miserable forever. But it is going to be one rude awakening when you finally realize how judgemental and rude you are to everyone, and how you really have no friends and nothing in life, and finally start to do something about it.
__________________
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
Who Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:24 PM   #286
 
struggling_cherub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 79
Default

Yes I still think I'm better than most people. At core the humility is just an act.

Honey, I love you but you're so whiny. You're like every stereotype of a fat ugly woman. If I wanted to date an insecure, morose, melodramatic woman, I would not have chosen to be with a man.

Yes, sometimes I do just want to throttle my son and understand how people give their kids up to the authorities.

No, it wasn't a prudent choice. Yes i am ashamed about being a single mom.

No mom, I'm not fat. You're fat. I'm sexy.

I may not look like I smoke, but i do. Now leave me alone to enjoy my self-destruction.

Ooh, that was nice.
__________________
The feminine mystique has succeeded in burying millions of American women alive.

Betty Friedan
-----
newly shorn 4a/b. mommy to 3c curly-boy.
only 4" of natural hair, but still an ingredient junkie. got any recipes?
struggling_cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:40 PM   #287
 
dia99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 6,775
Default

Ghetto folks of all races!

Please pay your bills on time, so that your credit is not jacked up. It might not be "The Man" who is keeping you from getting that house, it might be that credit card debt (unpaid and very high). I am dealing with this right now (not of my own doing, mind you).

Stop getting credit cards in your children's names. It hurts their credit until they can prove the credit reporting agencies that their momma is a thief, which no good son will want to do (even though I'm in his ear egging him on).

Do what you say you are going to do. Be a person of integrity. That includes paying your bills on time. And stop shopliftin paper, batteries, ink, etc, from work so that you can take it to church, or home for Sean to do his school project.
__________________
People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
dia99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:49 PM   #288
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,980
Default

I am tired of being told to like certain movies, music or whatever.

Mystic river and Unforgiven? I thought they both stunk.
Destiny Child's new album? Nope. Don't like it.
Hummers? Why? Do you really need one??
Bush? Never. Never will.


AND IF YOU DON'T want to buy that meat at the store. PUT IT BACK.
DON'T leave it in the middle of the store to rot.

AN ANIMAL DIED ...so walk your fat @$$ back to the meat counter and put it back if you aren't going to buy it.
curlylew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #289
 
curlyarca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 15,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylew66


AND IF YOU DON'T want to buy that meat at the store. PUT IT BACK.
DON'T leave it in the middle of the store to rot.

AN ANIMAL DIED ...so walk your fat @$$ back to the meat counter and put it back if you aren't going to buy it.

my god yes. YES.
curlyarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:03 AM   #290
 
curlyarca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 15,767
Default

Nothing is wrong with "ethnic" hair. Keep your ****ing comments to yourself unless you want me to turn your dumb azzed questions right back on you. *******.
curlyarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:19 AM   #291
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,171
Default

I have not seen you more than 3 times in the last 20 years but your Grandmother just died. Can you show some sort of emotion ever in your life? And your husband can he stop being the drama queen? I again have no real idea of his relationship to her but he was bawling like a baby 3 or 4 times and sitting by your mother who seemed to turn it on and off like she had some magic switch for show. Oh I know it must have been the pills she was taking that she announced repeatedly. Got it. Good thing you care so much for your kids though since I never saw you touch them and I hear that on Friday when you found out you were smoking pot while your all your kids were in the house but your youngest was "having a tough time dealing" in his bedroom. You think you might want to act the mother since the only mother figure any of you or your kids have had in your life JUST DIED.
__________________
~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
GuardianB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:45 PM   #292
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyara
Nothing is wrong with "ethnic" hair. Keep your &%$@#! comments to yourself unless you want me to turn your dumb azzed questions right back on you. &%$@#!.
THANK YOU!
__________________
Sunny is 3c/4a.

Currently using Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner with honey, RR mixed with CC, pure shea butter or Elasta QP mango butter on ends of hair.
sunnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:49 PM   #293
 
Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 12,422
Default

Teach your kids how to behave or leave them at home. The general public doesn't find them nearly as cute and precious as you do.
__________________
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:40 PM   #294
 
loosecurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 4,175
Send a message via Yahoo to loosecurls
Default

When did you move to 40-something land??? Is the cost of living higher there????
__________________
Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
loosecurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:34 PM   #295
 
curlybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 212
Send a message via MSN to curlybaby Send a message via Yahoo to curlybaby
Default

ok, here it goes...

1. If you make plans with someone, make sure that know your schedule ahead of time instead of canceling out...especially if I PAID FOR THE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!

2. Parents, make sure your kids do their homework. I am so tired of chasing after them to make sure they did it. Also, help them with the homework. They need as much help from you as they do from me!

3. Stop saying that your little darling would never do anything like that, because damn it, they did!

4. Bush- stick that No Child Left Behind crap up your A$$!!!! You expect my students who can't speak English or who are RSP, Special Education students in Fontana, to "perform" as well as some hoity toity Beverly Hills kid who had everything handed to them on a silver platter. Talking about how they aren't performing well because they can't pull a "B" average, when you yourself barely pulled a "C" average. You suck! I want you to spend 1 week in my class of all Title 1 students in a school that is 100% free Breakfast and free Lunch, where they can barely read or write in 6th grade and bring them up to grade level. You want ALL students to be Proficient or Advanced by the year 2012...give me a f'n break! There are students in my district that can barely tie their shoes, let alone be able to Read Open Court at their Grade Level! Let me tell you people this- If your child scores Basic in their State Tests, then they are BELOW GRADE LEVEL (at least in CA). In other states Basic is ok. Guess CA standards are too high. They want our students to fail. Say thanks to Bush for pushing the No Child Left Behind Act, without ever being in a school. Now your children are the ones suffering...School is not fun anymore, like it was when you were a kid.

5. Parents- I DON'T WANT TO RAISE YOUR CHILDREN FOR YOU!!!!!!!! Teach them some damn manners. Just because I teach them, doesn't mean I should have to tell them to take a bath, wash their hair, use deoderant, brush their teeth. YOUR KIDS SMELL FUNKY! Don't ever come into my classroom during August...you might pass out from the stink!


That's all for now...feel much better...now if Bush would only read this!....lol
__________________
NO IT'S NOT A PERM!
curlybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:11 AM   #296
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlybaby
ok, here it goes...

1. If you make plans with someone, make sure that know your schedule ahead of time instead of canceling out...especially if I PAID FOR THE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!

2. Parents, make sure your kids do their homework. I am so tired of chasing after them to make sure they did it. Also, help them with the homework. They need as much help from you as they do from me!

3. Stop saying that your little darling would never do anything like that, because damn it, they did!

4. Bush- stick that No Child Left Behind crap up your A$$!!!! You expect my students who can't speak English or who are RSP, Special Education students in Fontana, to "perform" as well as some hoity toity Beverly Hills kid who had everything handed to them on a silver platter. Talking about how they aren't performing well because they can't pull a "B" average, when you yourself barely pulled a "C" average. You suck! I want you to spend 1 week in my class of all Title 1 students in a school that is 100% free Breakfast and free Lunch, where they can barely read or write in 6th grade and bring them up to grade level. You want ALL students to be Proficient or Advanced by the year 2012...give me a f'n break! There are students in my district that can barely tie their shoes, let alone be able to Read Open Court at their Grade Level! Let me tell you people this- If your child scores Basic in their State Tests, then they are BELOW GRADE LEVEL (at least in CA). In other states Basic is ok. Guess CA standards are too high. They want our students to fail. Say thanks to Bush for pushing the No Child Left Behind Act, without ever being in a school. Now your children are the ones suffering...School is not fun anymore, like it was when you were a kid.

5. Parents- I DON'T WANT TO RAISE YOUR CHILDREN FOR YOU!!!!!!!! Teach them some damn manners. Just because I teach them, doesn't mean I should have to tell them to take a bath, wash their hair, use deoderant, brush their teeth. YOUR KIDS SMELL FUNKY! Don't ever come into my classroom during August...you might pass out from the stink!


That's all for now...feel much better...now if Bush would only read this!....lol
My God! You are so on the money. My co-workers, friends and I have serious discussions about this all the time. One of my co-workers was a teacher and her brother still is and her father retired from teaching almost twenty years ago. Her father feels really bad for teachers and students now, definitely not how it use to be. Great vent!
__________________
Sunny is 3c/4a.

Currently using Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner with honey, RR mixed with CC, pure shea butter or Elasta QP mango butter on ends of hair.
sunnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:20 AM   #297
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 116
Default

Is it a requirement that in order to be management you have to be lazy, stupid, and unwilling to ever come in on time to handle work related issues. Plus, cover you own a$$ in the process, and try and take credit for someone else's ideas and work effort, until you are put on the spot and it shows you are a lying reject when you can't get it done. But you make double what everyone else does to run a department that never runs smoothly. I really like my job, but you suck and you are a complete LOSER! On top of that you have created a terrible work environment and for this you make six figures! ARGHHH!
__________________
Sunny is 3c/4a.

Currently using Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner with honey, RR mixed with CC, pure shea butter or Elasta QP mango butter on ends of hair.
sunnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:25 AM   #298
 
Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 12,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosecurls
When did you move to 40-something land??? Is the cost of living higher there????
Hee! Rebecca/Aggs/mlee banished me here. It could be worse, could be Ohio.

God, I miss her. :P :x
__________________
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:31 AM   #299
 
loosecurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 4,175
Send a message via Yahoo to loosecurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosecurls
When did you move to 40-something land??? Is the cost of living higher there????
Hee! Rebecca/Aggs/mlee banished me here. It could be worse, could be Ohio.

God, I miss her. :P :x
I am peeing over this one!!

It reminds me of that line in Dogma "Poor Bartleby, was Wisconsin really that bad???"
__________________
Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
loosecurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #300
 
curlysue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 34
Default

I'm so sick of people (mainly fake women) that just want to be around me so they can see what I have, how I get it and what I'm doing. Then they tell my business and turn on me. I'm a very approachable person but a constant barrage of this has left me very guarded and mistrustful.

From here on out be advised that I will always be holding back the important information. If you press me for it, I'll just lie to you (and watch you spread it with glee).
__________________
PASSWORD: peace
curlysue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com