Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree19278Likes

Mmm, crack!



But I'd need a mule to carry that much home.
Originally Posted by Saria
C'mon now! The head sugar pusher doesn't have a mule? You really need to get with the program. We're counting on you!
Oh dear god, maple budino/pots de creme! They're like butterscotch taken to a whole new level. So, so, so good. Just incredibly satisfying custard. Sigh.
i've just been offered a spot on a VERY IMPORTANT inter-ministerial committee that is working on ways to develop the administrative cadre of the public service into the managers of tomorrow.

i hope my boss lets me do it!

Originally Posted by rouquinne
I have no idea what any of that means but GO YOU!!!!
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I absolutely despise writing this personal statement. I feel so fake and poser-ish. and I'm so mad at myself for leaving this last minute.

maybe i'll just write I WRITE STORIES GOOD, ACCEPT ME in really big, bright pink font.
made up of 98.822% silliness!!

Oh good gravy!!!! We just got a new client and his name is a series of plays on penis. (and his street name doesn't help either)




I've giggled like a child.

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
Dear Target,

I had my $50 purchase all planned out, $53.48. Then you surprise me with a sale. Now my total is $44 and $9 shipping. What am I supposed to do. I really only wanted 2 skirts and added on a dress to get my total up. Oh well, must continue shopping.
Originally Posted by scrills
For future reference if you ever wanted to get a Target Red Card (I use the debit version) you get free shipping and 5% off.




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
A new Dippin' Dots machine at school? Heck yes!

The higher tuition and longer drive are TOTALLY WORTH IT now!

If only I didn't have to pay extra in order to fulfill my craving for that delicious, futuristic ice cream...

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
Bah, my brother insisted and insisted that I go meet up with him and his friends (I met them when they went to eat at a restaurant I worked in). I don't wanna. I hardly know these people, I don't drink, and they all know each other. He says they all want to say hi, they ask about me, etc. Plus I'm always saying no to meeting up with him and friends. So, I've been coerced into saying yes. Sigh, why doesn't he tell them I'm rather uninteresting? My brother and I have very different personalities. I am not fun at parties!

Last edited by Saria; 02-09-2012 at 04:34 PM.
You pop out at parties? You're un-poopular?

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey

Last edited by Curlyminx; 02-09-2012 at 04:58 PM.
I really, really don't want to go. I feel like I'm being dragged to a funeral. I have things to do and tomorrow I go back to work. I try to get as much stuff knocked off the list on my days off because I get little chance when I have to work. So, things like this I like to know a week ahead so I can adjust, instead of getting a text late last night and feeling like I have no choice but to go because I basically have no reason other than I don't want to (I'd rather relax for the remainder of my day off since I just have stuff to do around the house).
Well, he called to cancel because apparently too many bailed. He said I must be happy, which: I was going. I was just about to head out. Reluctantly, inwardly kicking and screaming. But I was going. So no, don't put me in the bailing group.
Just say no.

ETA: Just saw your update. I guess you dodged a bullet!
Heh. It's just I always say no and I feel bad about that. I'll say yes to something involving people I actually know more easily, but a gathering with a big group of people I don't know? Whyyyyyyyy?
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
You know, when you contact me to say there's a problem with some copy going through, and I work hard to fix it straightaway, I think it's polite to let me know whether my solution worked or not.

Especially when I turn it all around in a single day for you.
Heh. It's just I always say no and I feel bad about that. I'll say yes to something involving people I actually know more easily, but a gathering with a big group of people I don't know? Whyyyyyyyy?
Originally Posted by Saria
I hear ya. I'm the same way. And I'm better with smaller groups. I just want to fade into the background in large gatherings...
Aww, this makes me feel so sad for Faith:

We know from before that Faith didn't really have friends back home and it seems like she's generally without family – we know her mother's dead, and hasn't spoken about her father. She lost her Watcher. We know she struggles with money. All in all, she's flying without support. And she meets Buffy, and Buffy has cool friends, a loving mother, a supportive and dedicated Watcher, and lots of privilege Buffy generally isn't conscious of. Faith likes Buffy a lot – for example, she's angry at Scott Hope on Buffy's behalf and gets some revenge on him. And we see her reaching out in this episode talking about her life with Buffy and wanting and hoping Buffy will reciprocate. Which she doesn't. Faith's largely alone, and sees Buffy's life, and wants some part of that, including Buffy's friendship. Faith wants to have people in her life that trust her and are open with her. But she's an outcast among these people who don't inform her of crap she should know, gets an emotionally manipulative enemy pretending to be her Watcher, and all in all gets a really **** hand.

Buffy's gone through a lot of emotional trauma that we've witnessed, so we know and understand why Buffy holds back with Faith and has some big trust issues. And largely Buffy's friends and family are aware of all this, too. Faith isn't – she's surely noticed on her own that Buffy can be withdrawn about herself and about Angel, but she doesn't know why when everyone around her has some idea. So Faith has this not-so-pleasant backstory and certainly hasn't had an easy life, and the one person who she can most easily relate to isn't reciprocating the same desire to trust Faith like Faith does her. And Faith finds out there was a meeting of all the Scoobies but her, and makes the easily understood assumption that she isn't wanted by any of them. They didn't invite her or tell her why it wasn't something that necessarily involved her. Xander uses her as a weapon. She just wants to do the right thing and live up to her responsibilities, but she has to do it alone and with faulty information. Honestly, everyone has put her in a pretty **** position of letting her be a Slayer on her own with no guidance. Or bad guidance. No one has been there for her or given her the information she needs, including the people she most admires.

This episode is emotionally centered around Buffy's trust issues and her relationship with her friends, where this episode posits Buffy as somewhat alone, unable to trust her friends. But Faith hardly has friends, so it's not even that Faith has trust issues but rather that there's no one around to have trust issues with. There's no one around she should trust. So Buffy's story is about her world crumbling around her, when Faith's story is about not having a world to exist in. She's just alone or on the periphery.

And that's a story that speaks to me greater than Buffy's story does. It's about loneliness and standing strong without people to back her up. And it's about getting hurt when she cares more about those around her than they care about her. She's an outcast forced into solitude, and she resents it. She's essentially the opposite of Buffy in so many respects. Faith isn't really even a character without Buffy; she doesn't exist without Buffy. And maybe that's not even good writing, then, if her life is defined by another character, but Faith's story has always compelled me because of how strongly her loneliness comes across to me. So her final scene in the motel room breaks my heart, but it's so damn understandable and believable and real to me.

Thankfully this cheers me up nicely:

- Xander, you have the WORST timing. I can’t wait to see how this plays out OH WAIT I CAN
- Xander, **** you.
- Xander, **** YOU. "Give him a happy"? Seriously? Gee, I wonder why Buffy didn’t tell you about Angel’s return. May it be because you’re completely dismissive of her experience?
- XANDER. **** ALL OF YOU. Bringing up Jenny’s death just for a below-the-belt punch? **** your face and **** your voice and **** your attitude and **** your smarmy, holier-than-thou high horse and go shut up because I. am. officially. Done With. You.
I’m done with you and your ****ing ****ery of **** **** FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU.
- No seriously, **** you Xander.
- Giles breaks my heart.
- Willow, some secrets are not good. But at least you’re understanding about **** and not being a hateful spiteful pit of ****ery.
- Faith, I know you’re a loser magnet, but don’t socialise with Xander. He’s beneath you. Also, **** you Xander.
- **** you, Xander. Also, maybe you shouldn’t have gotten Faith in a we-need-to-kill-Angel mood.
- Poor Giles. Also, **** you Xander.
Wheeeeeee!
So excited for my friend! I said that one day I knew I'd see him in Food & Wine and there he is in this month's issue as one of the candidates for the West region. He is just fabulously talented and totally deserves it. Go Devin!
http://www.foodandwine.com/the-peoples-pastry-west
Omg what a long day. 270 miles and 2 client meetings and a dinner with a client. Left the house at 6:45 am and got home at 9:30 pm!
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

This is me extremely glad we don't eat out more than we do.
Originally Posted by spring1onu
I agree.

But fortunately most restaurants do follow state health regulations when comes to handling foods. It's those few bad restaurants that spoils it for the rest of them.

Just a tip, never eat at restaurants when they're busy. There's always a good chance the dishes are not properly cleaned. More than likely, the dishwasher blasted the plates with the hot water hose and dipped them in sanitizer.
Originally Posted by Parissy198907
That's just not true. Plates go through the machine. They get hosed and go in the machine. They never get washed by hand, so they're definitely not skipping washing them.

Nor is it common practice to use contaminated mise en place, so this being a reason for not eating out is misplaced fear.
Originally Posted by Saria
My response was a joke — sorry I thought that would be clear. I dine out A LOT and have no plans to stop. Nor will I avoid restaurants when they are busy because of the advice given here.

I don't think bleeding into food and then rinsing it and serving it anyway is commonplace either. Heavens, no.

But I have to ask: Saria, how do you know what you stated here about dishwashing is true? Because if I'm to take your comment at face value, I'd have to be blown away your skills of omniscience, to be able to know what is happening in every single blessed restaurant across the country. Really?

If your point was to outline what is common practice, that makes sense. But you stated it as a fact, so I'm just saying that's kinda odd.
I'm saying it's not how things are done. To say that you shouldn't go into a restaurant when it's busy for this reason is false. The statement itself is being given as a fact. And that's just not true. If it happens where the poster works, fine, but that doesn't make it a fact or common by any stretch.

Last edited by Saria; 02-10-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com