Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree18141Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #41101
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

This is what I mean about people constantly under-cooking vegetables. Butternut squash and root vegetables are not supposed to be crunchy! Sigh, to re-blanch this squash now.

(I'm digging in as hard as I can and no budge)




This cracked me up last night. Thankfully guests can't see what ends up on these tickets sometimes.

__________________
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #41102
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
This is what I mean about people constantly under-cooking vegetables. Butternut squash and root vegetables are not supposed to be crunchy! Sigh, to re-blanch this squash now.

(I'm digging in as hard as I can and no budge)




This cracked me up last night. Thankfully guests can't see what ends up on these tickets sometimes.

Lol, I wonder what they did.


Siri types my posts for me.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #41103
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
This is what I mean about people constantly under-cooking vegetables. Butternut squash and root vegetables are not supposed to be crunchy! Sigh, to re-blanch this squash now.

(I'm digging in as hard as I can and no budge)




This cracked me up last night. Thankfully guests can't see what ends up on these tickets sometimes.

Lol, I wonder what they did.


Siri types my posts for me.
I only heard part of it, which involved the guy being snippy about our choice of salads, then Magoo trying to tell him we had a beet carpaccio, to which he replied that since it's not loaded with lettuce, it's not a salad.
__________________
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #41104
SCG
 
SCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,109
Default

Someone, please explain to me... If this project is SO IMPORTANT and SO TIME-SENSITIVE why am I the only one that's working on it, even though two of us were assigned to it?
__________________

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne. - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #41105
Nej
 
Nej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,107
Default

Ok, so turns out he didn't really break up with me. He becomes distant, annoyed with everything I do and IMO tuned out of the relationship for 2 weeks. We stop having sex. We have plans to hang out last Friday and Sat and he doesn't respond to me at all and in fact I don't hear a thing from him until Sat night when *I* call him. I assume I am getting dumped.

Last night we have a talk, he admits to being tuned out and says if i want to date him I am going to have to get used to it. His job and the move are causing a lot of stress on him and behaving any other way would be disingenuous. He also claims to not be an emotional or affectionate guy and that this is just how he is.

What happened to the sweet, sensitive, lovey guy I dated for the first 2 months??? He existed! I don't buy that hooey.

Sigh, this is the last time I date someone who makes a lot of money and has a career oriented mindset. This isn't the kind of relationship I want.
__________________
Nej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #41106
SCG
 
SCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCG View Post
Someone, please explain to me... If this project is SO IMPORTANT and SO TIME-SENSITIVE why am I the only one that's working on it, even though two of us were assigned to it?
Hmm... Foot, meet mouth.
__________________

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne. - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #41107
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nej View Post
Ok, so turns out he didn't really break up with me. He becomes distant, annoyed with everything I do and IMO tuned out of the relationship for 2 weeks. We stop having sex. We have plans to hang out last Friday and Sat and he doesn't respond to me at all and in fact I don't hear a thing from him until Sat night when *I* call him. I assume I am getting dumped.

Last night we have a talk, he admits to being tuned out and says if i want to date him I am going to have to get used to it. His job and the move are causing a lot of stress on him and behaving any other way would be disingenuous. He also claims to not be an emotional or affectionate guy and that this is just how he is.

What happened to the sweet, sensitive, lovey guy I dated for the first 2 months??? He existed! I don't buy that hooey.

Sigh, this is the last time I date someone who makes a lot of money and has a career oriented mindset. This isn't the kind of relationship I want.
Bail out.
ninja dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #41108
 
rouquinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 17,487
Send a message via ICQ to rouquinne Send a message via MSN to rouquinne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl View Post
I'll DRINK at work...
it's Whiskey Day, jeepy! i think whiskey (whisky) is an excellent choice when one has had dental work!

__________________
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
rouquinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #41109
 
nynaeve77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,237
Default

I swear to you, people don't listen to themselves talk sometimes. The contradictory nonsense that comes out of their mouths/onto their keyboards is beyond belief.
__________________
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
nynaeve77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #41110
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl View Post
I'll DRINK at work...
it's Whiskey Day, jeepy! i think whiskey (whisky) is an excellent choice when one has had dental work!

And what you're doing (or were doing) at work after a demanding dental appt. is beyond me.

Go home!
ninja dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #41111
 
cympreni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,026
Default

First world problems of today.

My feet are like ice right now, but I can't put socks on because I just painted my nails.

I might have to entertain a really boring person later this week for several hours, alone.
cympreni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #41112
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

I am beating Saria at WWF. Ok it's my first word but I have to brag while I can.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #41113
 
SarcasmIsBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
I am beating Saria at WWF. Ok it's my first word but I have to brag while I can.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
Brag away! Next thing you know she'll be beating you by like 300. *shakes fist* damn you saria!
__________________
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
SarcasmIsBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #41114
 
Corrina777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,427
Default

Ultimate irony. I have choir practice tonight and will more than likely end up telling off one of the other sopranos by the end of the night. Unfortunately the Lenten penance service is right before practice and I don't think I can confess for something I haven't actually done yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
__________________

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #41115
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
Default

I finally ordered enough pizza, and now I feel sick.

All that salt.

Yuck.
ninja dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #41116
 
curlysue21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,589
Default

I am debating on whether to have a drink. I got some bad news today but that's not why I want one. Its because I have a headache. Decisions, decisions.
__________________
2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

curlysue21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #41117
 
divegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,203
Default

The guy I fell head over heels for last year (but who "didn't want a relationship") contacted me the other day after 7 months. We met for dinner and a drink last night. It was amicable and nice but I can't figure out if it was closure or if it has just brought everything back again.

My cat is now on two different kinds of anti-anxiety medication to stop her peeing in the house. I'm about at my wits' end.

I'm jetlagged.
divegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #41118
SCG
 
SCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,109
Default

I've been sitting here since I got home from work at 6, trying to convince myself to start my stats homework.

Hasn't happened yet.

I should probably go look for some chocolate before I start, you know?
__________________

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne. - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #41119
 
curlysue21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCG View Post
I've been sitting here since I got home from work at 6, trying to convince myself to start my stats homework.

Hasn't happened yet.

I should probably go look for some chocolate before I start, you know?
I had a long conversation with another student today comparing our procrastination. If it makes you feel better I have a four page paper due on Friday which I haven't started.
__________________
2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

curlysue21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #41120
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

Creme brle is in the oven. I cannot wait to torch it!!
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Last edited by xcptnl; 03-27-2012 at 06:48 PM.
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com