Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree19132Likes

I have the episodes now but I am determined to use my willpower! So cool that they're free on iTunes.
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.
Speaking of shows to watch, even though it's really late, I still declare it Buffy time.

OMG YES I CAN'T EVEN SUMMARIZE THE "PREVIOUSLY ON" BIT BECAUSE GILES IS SO AMAZING. He went full-on Ripper on that bringer and he was so smooth grabbing onto the axe like it was nothing out of the ordinary and chopping off the bringer's head and oh Giles ILU so very, very much! Hahaha, I love how when Spike jumps at him out of nowhere and tells him that Anya said he was the First and hence "go-through-able," Giles is all, "Then what the hell'd you tackle me for, you berk? What was that supposed to do?" I didn't even realize during the time ASH wasn't on the show how much I'd missed his faces, too - the one he makes at learning the chip was removed is great. *gasp* The potential from Shanghai! She just said in Chinese that she had no idea what anyone was saying! We finally have a Slayer potential who doesn't speak English! And they were just wandering through the graveyard with her in the group, speaking to them in English? Alrighty, then. Did I just see Ashanti's name in the credits? Will we have Bronze singer involvement this episode? Oh dear, I may have been spoiled for the plot of this episode. When I saw Buffy episodes on the TV guide awhile ago, I looked at the descriptions to see what season they were from, and one said "Buffy goes on a date with the principal." This episode is titled "First Date" - is she going to go out with Wood to figure him out? (Another said Willow would turn into Warren, but that was too WTF to even be a spoiler.)

Oh hai, Ashanti! So she's acting in this episode. I recall her being on an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, too. (Also, she is wearing a red shirt. Just felt like pointing that out.) Oh god Xander no, not the lack of segue to asking her out! Ooh, good save with the "Oh, so you're the only one who gets to be random?" I have misjudged your level of awkward in this situation. Buffy - Buffy, he's gonna catch you in his office...Told'ja so. Despite the ominous shadows, that wasn't such a bad save either, though. Ooooohhhhh, Principal Wood asked her out! I like the touch of him saying he may have to have her sign something saying he didn't make that joke about how he's not saying to have dinner with him if she likes having a job. I also just plain like this actor. WHAT WHAT BLOODY WAVY DAGGER AND CRAZY WEAPONS STASH WHAT. Red velvet is the perfect fabric to display weapons on. But WHAT?! Is he asking Buffy out to figure her out or to kill her?? Oh man, I love First!Jonathan. He casually insults Blondie multiple times each sentence and he's fabulously sarcastic: "Ooh, ahh, it burns as it ineffectually passes through me." And now he's the voice in Blondie's head telling him to shoot the potentials. I like that Anya and Buffy are close enough to be talking about dates and trying to get the pizza stain Dawn knew Buffy would think is blood out. I also like that Anya's just like, "Of course it's working!" about her notion that Xander's date is to make her jealous; not so big on how quickly their interaction turns to Buffy not being able to understand/deal with Anya. Huh, the new souled Spike is making a good effort toward having a healthy attitude about Buffy dating. HA! Dawn's earnest delivery of "Holy crap!" about Giles's flashcards! The reaction is warranted, those are some very gory stick figure drawings. Poor new potential. I don't see how he thought those would help, though I get where he's coming from with wanting to make the gravity of their situation clear, including his issue with the fact that two Scoobies are currently on dates rather than on potential protection duty.

Vampire ambush! I love this: "You set me up, you son of a -- *sees that Wood is fighting, too* What?" Principal Wood's vampire slaying is almost worthy of my automatic giggle for Ripper earlier! Oh Xander, talking about Anya. There will not be a second date with Ashanti - er, Lissa, because she's not warped like Kennedy. Whoa, unless that's just how we're writing love interests nowadays! WTF? She'd better be evil, show! But now we have it explained that Wood hired Buffy to get her with him over the Hellmouth to deal with the big thing coming, and we get humorous acknowledgement that while Buffy wants to believe otherwise, everyone knows she's not exactly brilliant as a counselor. OMG! Principal Wood's mother was the Slayer Spike killed on the subway! My mouth is agape! Poor baby lost her when he was only four. It's not lost on me that he's gonna have to find out Spike's the killer, but right now it's all about him sharing fascinating facts like how he was raised by his mom's Watcher. "So, you decided to tell me - in a darkened little romantic French restaurant?" "Yeah - not sure how that happened, but yeah." If there was no Spike, they could be so cute together. Bwahahaha, Blondie's wearing a wire! He sucks at undercover work, but he also sucks at everything else, so whatever, it's still amusing that he's wearing a wire to talk to the voice in his head.

Ashanti's evil and seems to be using Xander to try to raise the already-raised-and-dusted megavamp. Either that pit just generates those things or she didn't get the memo about that, or even the Slayer's name. Aw, Xander! "This can't just happen! It can't just keep happening that demon women find me attractive, there's gotta be a reason!" Poor guy. Heh, Willow can't remember if his signal means "I just got lucky, don't call me for awhile" or "My date's a demon who's trying to kill me" (love that they need both), but they decide that judging by percentages, he must be in danger. Spike is very impatient to go get Buffy. It's for the best, because if it had been someone less likable interrupting Wood feeding Buffy, I would've been annoyed. (Should I be calling him Robin now? It feels weird.) Oh no, Xander's getting cut open! Oh my goodness, Robin, if you knew that that's your mother's killer in the backseat of the car you're driving, things would be far more than awkward right now. He realizes he's a vampire now that they're all rushing in to save Xander and Spike's gone all bumpy-faced, and he's even seen Buffy look at him in a non-coworker-y way - how long before he learns the whole truth? Chao-Ahn! I had to look up your name because you're so entertaining! Asking Giles if the flashcard monsters are attacking, declaring that he's trying to kill you with the warm milk (like his unwitting attack on your lactose intolerant intestines with the ice cream), causing him to smile and say, "She's shy," as if that makes sense with the shouting - you are awesome, Chao-Ahn.

Oh wow, I literally just laughed out loud at Xander telling Willow to "gay [him] up," complete with "let's gay" because we must make ALL the gay puns, and Willow staring at him like "What?" Like, being gay and magical = random gay-making powers? She did try to do it to that one jock guy, though. Buffy's even better with her suggestion that he'd then start attracting male demons, and their happy jokey time is cute all around, but of course Giles must snap them back to reality because they're all in mortal peril. Oh, I do not like him saying "We may die," I do not like it one little bit. Please don't take my Giles away! Oh no, Wood's mother is the First's new puppet. He's going to find out that it was Spike who killed her. Sh*t just got real. This exchange was delivered flawlessly, BTW: Mama!First: "Now, what do you say?" Wood: *whispered* "Thank you."
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.
As much as I don't care about birthdays, "girl whose wedding I did so much for" last year didn't even acknowledge mine. Not gonna lie...kinda hurt.
Geeze, how long does it take to build up core strength? I'm impatient and want to ride as I did after 16 years of riding, yet it has been only 2 1/2. I somehow expected to be able to quickly get fit again, and I'm learning how far from true that is...
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
Speaking of shows to watch, even though it's really late, I still declare it Buffy time.

OMG YES I CAN'T EVEN SUMMARIZE THE "PREVIOUSLY ON" BIT BECAUSE GILES IS SO AMAZING. He went full-on Ripper on that bringer and he was so smooth grabbing onto the axe like it was nothing out of the ordinary and chopping off the bringer's head and oh Giles ILU so very, very much! Hahaha, I love how when Spike jumps at him out of nowhere and tells him that Anya said he was the First and hence "go-through-able," Giles is all, "Then what the hell'd you tackle me for, you berk? What was that supposed to do?" I didn't even realize during the time ASH wasn't on the show how much I'd missed his faces, too - the one he makes at learning the chip was removed is great. *gasp* The potential from Shanghai! She just said in Chinese that she had no idea what anyone was saying! We finally have a Slayer potential who doesn't speak English! And they were just wandering through the graveyard with her in the group, speaking to them in English? Alrighty, then. Did I just see Ashanti's name in the credits? Will we have Bronze singer involvement this episode? Oh dear, I may have been spoiled for the plot of this episode. When I saw Buffy episodes on the TV guide awhile ago, I looked at the descriptions to see what season they were from, and one said "Buffy goes on a date with the principal." This episode is titled "First Date" - is she going to go out with Wood to figure him out? (Another said Willow would turn into Warren, but that was too WTF to even be a spoiler.)

Chao-Ahn! I had to look up your name because you're so entertaining! Asking Giles if the flashcard monsters are attacking, declaring that he's trying to kill you with the warm milk (like his unwitting attack on your lactose intolerant intestines with the ice cream), causing him to smile and say, "She's shy," as if that makes sense with the shouting - you are awesome, Chao-Ahn.

Sh*t just got real. This exchange was delivered flawlessly, BTW: Mama!First: "Now, what do you say?" Wood: *whispered* "Thank you."
Originally Posted by wild_sasparilla
YES! It's always a good time for wild_sasparilla Buffy time!
So glad you've watched some Arrested Development. And George Michael is just awesome.
WATCH ALL THE THINGS!
Also, now I can't wait till you get to Annyong.

Sometimes you reach Mark levels of cuteness with your unwitting comments.

I can't wait for the next couple of episodes. Things are going to get interesting now.

On Korra, this cracked me up, because, yeah . . .

How dare they draw such ridiculously attractive cartoon characters...
I need help.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfJ8XT1ynlg


Last edited by Saria; 04-03-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Erugh I hate large pores!!!

I have done everything all the beauty tips have said I should do, but there they still are... >(
Veronica Mars is going to start playing on SOAPnet?! Awesome!

'Veronica Mars' Marathon: SOAPnet Airing 11-Hour Block On April 15
Originally Posted by SCG

KurlyKae said on the DAYS thread that the Soapnet channel is going-off the air! I wonder when.
Originally Posted by CanItBeChristine

Nooooo!!

I'm excited about veronica mars too.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
grrrrr Dear MIL: Emergency means something that needs immediate attention and help. Someone 3 states away getting in their 2nd fight with their ex in a week does not qualify.
I have done everything all the beauty tips have said I should do, but there they still are... >(
Originally Posted by kat180
can't do anything about pore size - it's hereditary, just like most dark circles under the eyes. you can do things to minimize the look of them, but once you've exhausted those options, that's it.
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
Bundt cake with espresso and Kahlua is baking and will be bathed in a glaze of chocolate, espresso, and Kahlua (plus a cacao nib and hazelnut swirl). Let us call this cake The Spring1onu.
That sounds awesome Saria.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
Bundt cake with espresso and Kahlua is baking and will be bathed in a glaze of chocolate, espresso, and Kahlua (plus a cacao nib and hazelnut swirl). Let us call this cake The Spring1onu.
Originally Posted by Saria
I faint.

As I was reading the description I was thinking "Holy crap, this sounds like something *I* could make!!" It sounds like something I would immensely enjoy.




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
i REQUIRE a piece of that cake, Saria!

i will PM you the address to have it expressed to the courthouse for me!!!

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
I am so claustrophobic in my house I can hardly breathe.

No, you can not stand in the kitchen and talk to me. There just isn't any room. I can not get to the laundry, open the dishwashwasher, clean, prepare food, etc, with you in there too. It doesn't mean I am mad at you, I just can't move when you are in there, too.
I'm in the mood for something with pesto
Veronica Mars is going to start playing on SOAPnet?! Awesome!

'Veronica Mars' Marathon: SOAPnet Airing 11-Hour Block On April 15
Originally Posted by SCG

KurlyKae said on the DAYS thread that the Soapnet channel is going-off the air! I wonder when.
Originally Posted by CanItBeChristine

Nooooo!!

I'm excited about veronica mars too.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by iroc
I'm going to be quite upset if that is the case! Poor VMars. Always getting the short end of the stick!

If all else fails... I'm buying the DVDs.

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
76% of us start eating a chocolate bunny at the ears!

A History of Chocolate Bunnies | Foodimentary - a food lover's notebook
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
I'm in the mood for something with pesto
Originally Posted by scrills
Got some meatless lasagna that I made w/ it....mmmm
I just got my new shoes in the mail from the store (the replacement for a pair that were defective) and I swear that they're a different color! I think they're darker. I'm annoyed. I bought the lighter color for a reason!

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey

Last edited by SCG; 04-03-2012 at 11:32 AM.


KurlyKae said on the DAYS thread that the Soapnet channel is going-off the air! I wonder when.
Originally Posted by CanItBeChristine

Nooooo!!

I'm excited about veronica mars too.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by iroc
I'm going to be quite upset if that is the case! Poor VMars. Always getting the short end of the stick!

If all else fails... I'm buying the DVDs.
Originally Posted by SCG
If you have a netflix streaming subscription, it's available there.
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com