Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree18133Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #42421
 
midgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,818
Default

Honestly, it seems like the mods didn't even read the thread and the pages of commentary that overflowed into other threads and between boards.

To me, comments like "don't be rude" and "stop bullying" are superficial, generic reactions that are simply too little, too late. They are band-aids that don't even begin to address what played out this weekend.

It actually pisses me off a teeny bit that the initial solution to this huge problem is to infantilize adult posters, slap wrists, and put baby in the corner.

Sent from The Brick
__________________
I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
midgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #42422
 
wild_sasparilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,007
Default

Well, this isn't what I expected to see on here - but I can't say I'm shocked, just disgusted. I'm certainly never spending a cent on any products from CurlMart now. It's like taking someone's butthurt reaction to learning about their privilege and transferring it to a third party. "How dare you say I should apologize? I didn't say a hurtful thing because the people I've offended don't matter!" -> "How dare you call her out on her bigotry? That suggests that we should care how minorities feel!" Really, not giving a f*ck if a statement is hurtful to minorities is the only reason someone could decide that racist statements are just opinions like any other and not something altogether different and harmful.
__________________
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.
wild_sasparilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #42423
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
Well, I've decided. On Wednesday I'm gonna drop in on my friend in Boston. He's gonna be so surprised! I need to think up other things to check out in the meanwhile, though. I figure I can take the train there early in the morning and be there early to mid afternoon, then I'll go check out the restaurant and have dinner there, which means I'll have a couple hours to kill in between.
Not that there's anyone in Boston I could meet or anything . . .
Waaaaaaa! If I had not been out of work so much I would meet you in the city!!! I am so bummed and sad and disappointed. Dammmmit!!!


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #42424
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

Blueberry cake with warm lemon sauce. Good with the organic blueberries I got from WF but it would be fantastic with fresh wild Maine blueberries. It will be remade in August.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #42425
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

rou, what about bird netting? We had to staple some up underneath the eave of our front porch because it was a baby bird/poop party going on out there.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #42426
 
midgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,818
Default

Some bird ate berries and shat all over my car yesterday. Just thought I'd link the most recent two posts with that tidbit.

Sent from The Brick
__________________
I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
midgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #42427
 
scrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
I mean this in the most respectful, non-condescending way possible, this goes waaaaaaay back. There is a lot of history in what you saw in the thread you started.
I'm sure there is. I can only comment on the current happenings, what I see and detect. I feel that I'm allowed an opinion on it since I kept my mouth shut through most of the goings-on of the original thread (The one I started.). I don't think I've been unfair to anyone here. I guess I'm not sure what you're saying. If I'm really wrong about something/someone, please tell me. I'm really not stomping on anyone - just pointing out something I thought was rude.
I'm sure i really want to get into this, but....

- Wile was posting and liking posts, including those in your original thread

- I am in no way trying to negate your opinion or comment. It just strike me as odd that from the "rude" post in one thread, her sincerity was questioned about the stand she took. But again, my "knowledge" of those involved and their interaction is different.
scrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #42428
 
scrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgi View Post
Some bird ate berries and shat all over my car yesterday. Just thought I'd link the most recent two posts with that tidbit.

Sent from The Brick
Or a gargoyle? I think you should post on up there. It will be so cool when it comes alive and chases the birds away
scrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #42429
 
rouquinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 17,483
Send a message via ICQ to rouquinne Send a message via MSN to rouquinne
Default

the plastic wedged against the downspout seems to have done the trick! no sign of them attempting to rebuild the nest.
__________________
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
rouquinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #42430
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
Well, I've decided. On Wednesday I'm gonna drop in on my friend in Boston. He's gonna be so surprised! I need to think up other things to check out in the meanwhile, though. I figure I can take the train there early in the morning and be there early to mid afternoon, then I'll go check out the restaurant and have dinner there, which means I'll have a couple hours to kill in between.
Not that there's anyone in Boston I could meet or anything . . .
Waaaaaaa! If I had not been out of work so much I would meet you in the city!!! I am so bummed and sad and disappointed. Dammmmit!!!


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.

I guess Thursday isn't any better?
So, what should I do that won't take me too far from Seaport Hotel?
__________________
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #42431
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
Well, I've decided. On Wednesday I'm gonna drop in on my friend in Boston. He's gonna be so surprised! I need to think up other things to check out in the meanwhile, though. I figure I can take the train there early in the morning and be there early to mid afternoon, then I'll go check out the restaurant and have dinner there, which means I'll have a couple hours to kill in between.
Not that there's anyone in Boston I could meet or anything . . .
Waaaaaaa! If I had not been out of work so much I would meet you in the city!!! I am so bummed and sad and disappointed. Dammmmit!!!


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.

I guess Thursday isn't any better?
So, what should I do that won't take me too far from Seaport Hotel?
Faneuil Hall!

http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #42432
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
I mean this in the most respectful, non-condescending way possible, this goes waaaaaaay back. There is a lot of history in what you saw in the thread you started.
I'm sure there is. I can only comment on the current happenings, what I see and detect. I feel that I'm allowed an opinion on it since I kept my mouth shut through most of the goings-on of the original thread (The one I started.). I don't think I've been unfair to anyone here. I guess I'm not sure what you're saying. If I'm really wrong about something/someone, please tell me. I'm really not stomping on anyone - just pointing out something I thought was rude.
I'm sure i really want to get into this, but....

- Wile was posting and liking posts, including those in your original thread

- I am in no way trying to negate your opinion or comment. It just strike me as odd that from the "rude" post in one thread, her sincerity was questioned about the stand she took. But again, my "knowledge" of those involved and their interaction is different.
I can tell you I was there through most of that thread and I did not see Wile there once. I looked through several pages of it again right now and did not see anything from her. Anyone can go in and like something later, but I didn't see likes either. I admitted I came down too harshly on Redcatwaves because I thought Wile had been punished, and didn't get why she suddenly came into that thread out of nowhere to post to her like that. If you want to believe I'm lying about it for some reason (?), that's your choice.

What do you think, I'm really Wile coyote's bestie and maybe I created the Trayvon thread because I knew people would start drama about someone's siggy and Wile would not get banned and come out the good guy? You got it - figured me all out! Have you, any of you, even read my posts like at all or am I just some random poster that doesn't mean )(*& because I don't have a "history" here? That's what I feel like.

Also, it wasn't just the "one comment" that I picked up on that from - there is obviously negative energy with this wile girl and past relationships gone bad that I'm guessing goes way beyond that thread. I'm not saying Redcatwaves is a racist or anything so I don't know why you're so quick to roast me to kiss her behind, but whateva. I'm keeping it civil, not getting into trouble so play your games on yourselves...
Blackbanjogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #42433
 
midgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,818
Default

Banjo, no one reads your posts because you have an abrasive, confrontational writing style.

Sent from The Brick
__________________
I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
midgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #42434
 
nynaeve77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,237
Default

Huh? *scratches head* What are you talking about, banjo? No one is "roasting" you, but you sure are quick to dog out other people who are trying to explain what's been going on to you.
__________________
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
nynaeve77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #42435
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

Thursday sucks too and in addition to work that day I have a dentist appt. you have no idea how disappointed I am.

There is not a lot of stuff near there but much more than there used to be. There is bakery there that i have never been to but i have always to go to- Its called Flour bakery. There is also a store called Louis Boston. Very pricey but good window shopping. You are right near the silver line MBTA stop which you could take to venture out if you wanted to. I you do that you could wander the north end. Kind of touristy but there are some some local stores that I love-Polcari's (teas/coffees/spices), injeanius (jeans!!) and too many to list. I usually just wander the streets and go in what looks interesting.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #42436
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbanjogirl View Post

I'm sure there is. I can only comment on the current happenings, what I see and detect. I feel that I'm allowed an opinion on it since I kept my mouth shut through most of the goings-on of the original thread (The one I started.). I don't think I've been unfair to anyone here. I guess I'm not sure what you're saying. If I'm really wrong about something/someone, please tell me. I'm really not stomping on anyone - just pointing out something I thought was rude.
I'm sure i really want to get into this, but....

- Wile was posting and liking posts, including those in your original thread

- I am in no way trying to negate your opinion or comment. It just strike me as odd that from the "rude" post in one thread, her sincerity was questioned about the stand she took. But again, my "knowledge" of those involved and their interaction is different.
I can tell you I was there through most of that thread and I did not see Wile there once. I looked through several pages of it again right now and did not see anything from her. Anyone can go in and like something later, but I didn't see likes either. I admitted I came down too harshly on Redcatwaves because I thought Wile had been punished, and didn't get why she suddenly came into that thread out of nowhere to post to her like that. If you want to believe I'm lying about it for some reason (?), that's your choice.

What do you think, I'm really Wile coyote's bestie and maybe I created the Trayvon thread because I knew people would start drama about someone's siggy and Wile would not get banned and come out the good guy? You got it - figured me all out! Have you, any of you, even read my posts like at all or am I just some random poster that doesn't mean )(*& because I don't have a "history" here? That's what I feel like.

Also, it wasn't just the "one comment" that I picked up on that from - there is obviously negative energy with this wile girl and past relationships gone bad that I'm guessing goes way beyond that thread. I'm not saying Redcatwaves is a racist or anything so I don't know why you're so quick to roast me to kiss her behind, but whateva. I'm keeping it civil, not getting into trouble so play your games on yourselves...
Blackbangogirl, I am not trying to jump on your case, be disrespectful, or come down on you because you are new..but I think you took the post made by scrills incorrectly. In my personal opinion she's probably one of the most respectful and most gentle posters on this board. And her reputation speaks volumes at least about her online character..so I seriously doubt she means to convey any mean spiritedness or game playing at all.

I do apologize Scrills if I am speaking out of turn about you. But I had to say something. I agree with Ninja Dog on one thing..and that's you. I don't know you in real life like she does.. but from your NC demeanor you seem like a wonderful person and I've never had anything besides the most respect for your character on the forum.
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #42437
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

@saria what time would you get to the seaport hotel???


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #42438
 
SarcasmIsBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,588
Default

It feels weird to have a tooth again, it feels even weirder being able to chew on the left side of my mouth.
__________________
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
SarcasmIsBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #42439
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Iroc, thanks!

Xcptnl, I figure I'll go for dinner at seven or so, but I have to check the schedules when I get a chance. My friend should be there for dinner shift, but I have to find a way to be sly about verifying. If you can make it, I can pretty much guarantee that my friend will send plate after plate of food our way.

Flour Bakery is pretty famous these days, so I might stop by, but the jeans sound more enticing!
__________________
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #42440
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default

Wow. The more I read the more I consider leaving the site, deleting the app and ensuring no more revenue comes to textured media because of my blk arse. Pm me your email addresses if you aren't going to the hair show because its the 4a members that make this place worth while. I'm on fb I don't have to tolerate the BS from racists overt or subtle mgmt or member. Thanks but no thanks.

"takes my ragedy mule over to Facebook"
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com