Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree19204Likes

Last time on Captain Hammer Is a Legitimate Threat, Nathan Fillion made a Xanderclops. Now all the cars in all the land, as well as a bunch of people on foot lugging various belongings, are crammed onto the street trying to GTFO of Sunnydale. All the other apocalypses just weren't apocalypse-y enough to prompt a mass exodus. Clem drives a red VW bug! And he's leaving town, too? Well, I suppose this means he won't get killed, so good. I think SMG's got whatever Eliza had last time, because her voice sounds like it's going when she uses softer tones, too. Awww, even through all the meebling he's required to do about how Buffy's totally gonna save the world and he doesn't doubt her, nope, who said that, etc. etc., Clem still manages to be cute: "If you save the world, I'll come back, we'll have drinks!" <3 Willow, are you kidding me with this ridiculous action-movie-imitation tone and the needless telling of the cop that you are with "Inspector" Giles? He doesn't need you blowing his cover when he's claiming to be from Interpol! On a related note, Giles is awesome and has great ideas when the plot doesn't demand otherwise. I don't blame Willow for tearing up and having to pause in the middle of her banter with Xander about pirate accoutrements, but poor, poor Xanderclops. After having his freaking eye gouged out, he completely accepts that Buffy won't be sticking around to comfort him and still has plenty of strength to try to inject humor into the situation, and then come the Willow tears.

Anya is giving a presentation to the potentials about "ubervamps" and has just said that they can be staked, they just have very strong sternums. I'm gonna assume that their sternums are also located under several inches of flesh topped with another, weaker bone because if they just had super sternums, Buffy's stake would've bounced off or cracked after making a shallow wound, not sunk in as deep as if it had reached the heart and been pulled out like a splinter. I don't see Chao-Ahn right now, but she's still alive, right? Someone with straight black hair got her neck snapped by Caleb last night, but she didn't look like Chao-Ahn. I think. I will be retroactively pissed if I just didn't recognize her for some reason. I nominated her for president, dammit! Not everything about that scene's still up in the air, though: we have confirmation that the blow to Amanda's gut, however oddly squishy it sounded for having hit her rail-thin frame, was in fact a punch and not a stab. It doesn't seem to follow that she has no ruptured guts after a blow from someone so unnaturally strong, but whatever. Eeeewwww! Caleb's constant gendered and religious-angled (didn't he say last time he wasn't even into "the Lord" anymore?) taunting is creepy enough, but saying he's going to take "sweet pleasure in taming" Buffy? My skin, it crawls.

Oh Giles, you're so transparent about saddling Spike with Blondie just to get rid of him. I call shenanigans on this scene at the Bronze! Yes, Faith would totally suggest this, and I'm willing to pretend that Giles would go along with this public letting down of guards, but how are there supposed to be so many young people not only still in town but carefree enough to go to the Bronze? We just heard Caleb say the school was deserted earlier today, but we're supposed to believe so many parents were just like, "Yeah, we're not sending you back to Hellmouth High, but go ahead and party at another danger hotspot, kids"? CHAO-AHN!! CHAO-AHN IS ALIVE AND DANCING BY THE POOL TABLE, I SAW HER! The shot went by really fast, but that was her! My previous complaint is dismissed because YAY CHAO-AHN! I really need to stop getting attached to these people so easily. Amanda fails at hiding her apparent giddiness at the prospect of drinking. Faith wins at putting the kibosh on said underage drinking. Uh oh, the one of the cops who came and dragged her outside just responded to "I'm not going back to jail" with "Who said anything about jail?" and then they all pulled guns on her. I wonder if they're fake cops or corrupted ones. Maybe it'll be explained once Faith's done fighting for her life. Hahaha! I love the "cop" inside's incredulous response to the beatdown he's getting. Kick their asses, Slayerettes! Which of course Buffy's mad about, instead of being annoyed that they went out but pleased to see them gaining combat experience with something other than a brick wall of a preacher. They have just won a fight, after all. Faith then gets to be the voice of reason, calling her out on being mad about this after having taken them to the disastrous massacre at the vineyard, and gets punched in the face for it. Use your words, Buffy.

Spike, where did you learn to make an "onion blossom," which I'm pretty sure is meant to be the bloomin' onion at Outback Steakhouse? I am intrigued by the idea of a vampire with a broad base of culinary knowledge, especially pertaining to modern foods. It's not like William the Bloody Awful Poet would have known to soak the onion in ice water first even if these had been served in his time, being a man and all. I wonder if he's spent a lot of time over the centuries hanging out in restaurants, eating the dishes and servers and making the cooks teach him things before they die. Even paying attention to trivia about food may indicate regret that blood is now all that can sustain him. As fascinating as this all is, though, he is wise to threaten to bite Blondie if he ever tells anyone they had this conversation. Robin can make one helluva dangerous expression - I don't recall him even giving Spike a look like this. The smile on his lips and utter lack of mirth in his eyes either signify that he doesn't like Faith turning the tables and reading him (evidence: he walks around Sunnydale at night, which is like "an extreme sport;" conclusion: he has issues) like he did her (evidence: she didn't try to kill Buffy for the punch; conclusion: she's worried about her, a notion that must fill Fuffies with glee) or that he's just snapped and will start killing soon. Oh yay, Xanderclops is home! I almost feel like I'm encouraging such heartless maiming of characters by being so happy to see him, but I've liked how Xander's been acting for some time now, which in hindsight should've tipped me off that something awful was about to happen to him.

We're getting an inkling of why Caleb's toying with Buffy instead of killing her now: he got majorly pissed off at an inscription in a church/monastery/something that said "It is not for you; it is for her alone to wield." No word on what made him monstrously strong yet. Buffy, for real? Faith is right again. Listen to her and Giles and Robin. Hell, just look how uncomfortable you're making poor Xanderclops! It is unbelievably stupid to want to rush back into mortal peril without any clue of what to aim for just because you're pretty sure the source of your enemies' power is where they are. This is where the Buffy from previous seasons would order everyone to research their brains out to find what the source of their power might look like, but Season 7 Buffy has become all brawn, no brain and just wants to jump in and...what, run around smashing things while Caleb picks the potentials off one by one? No, Buffy, as I've just outlined, you haven't kept them all safe for seven years by doing "exactly this." And you aren't "making the hard decisions," you are making the stupid decisions. Rhona, Kennedy, and even Willow choose to phrase this as her being "reckless" and fearing for her judgment. I really don't get why we had to have Buffy turn brainless and be all gung-ho about getting the girls she's obsessed with protecting killed. She never declared intent to drag Dawn into battle when she was all Mama Bear for her. We've had so much about the issue of Buffy thinking she's above the others because she's a Slayer, including in her vampire therapy session, that we could've easily had this same conflict without resorting to whacking her with the stupid stick. Anya's speech about how Buffy didn't earn her power and isn't better because of it might've even had more impact then.

Ohhhhhh!! Anya, you said some powerful words there, but Xanderclops FTW! "I'm trying to see your point here, Buff, I really am, but I guess it must be a little bit to my left, 'cause I just don't." It's also a good play on Faith's name to have Buffy unable to finish her "I just need a little --". Buffy's treatment in this scene overall, however, is ridiculous. She was not this dense before. She was pretty clever when she wasn't kicking and punching! And what's this about not wanting to stay to watch Faith "lead them into some disaster"? You're the one who wanted to rush the vineyard, honey. Also, tossing in that of course you'll plan and junk but acting like it's just a given that you'll lead off with "We're going back to the scary place"? No. Doesn't fit your characterization or any semblance of logic. Dang, and Dawn just tells her to leave. Gently, with a quavering voice, but still. Thank you for shutting Rhona down, Dawn. "Ding dong, the witch is dead"? Buffy wasn't so awful when you met her, and have you forgotten how she saved your life? Now Faith, the unwilling leader and therefore the best (unless we're heading for a severely broken moral with Faith failing at the job and everyone needing foolhardy Buffy after all), is in charge of the potentials. With a tear rolling down her cheek, Buffy privately tells her not to "be afraid to lead them" and other such inspirational stuff before heading off into the night.

Did she get brain damage those times that Caleb knocked her out? The Buffy cast generally seems immune, but right now I really have to wonder.
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.

Last edited by wild_sasparilla; 04-20-2012 at 05:58 AM.
If you're going to go out in public wearing footless long johns (aka leggings), you probably should wear a tunic length top.
Originally Posted by damsel_fly
And yet so so many people don't.

Its like they don't realise those things are see through and unflattering even if you have the best butt in the world.
Originally Posted by kat180
fortunately, i got a SUPER-CUTE tunic to wear with my leggings! it's a black and white geometric print with a double-flounce. and i'm wearing it today for jeans day at work with my fav leggings. but i need my leather jacket this morning - it's still chilly.

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
there was a terrible accident on the major highway between Toronto and Detroit on Monday morning. it happened at 7:30 am and shut down the road in both directions for 7 hours.

i just found out this morning that the woman who was killed in the accident was my lovely Jennifer - my mortgage broker who helped me get my house 4 years ago. she was only 47.

she was a big, brash, warm, kind, sweet lady. she volunteered for a milion different things, held my hand through the buying process and cried along with me when i found out i got the place.

i last saw her 3 years ago when she came over and told me she was getting married (for the first time) and moving to Chatham. she was SO happy....

i know life isn't fair and that we all don't get 100 years, but geez...
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
^ I'm sorry Rou. No. Life is not fair, and can end at any given moment, but that doesn't make it any less sad or -ity when something like this happens.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

A co worker was talking to me about her husband. She says, "do you want to know how and when I knew he was the one?" I said yes, and settled in for a "awwww" story. She tells me they had been dating for a few months when she got a brand new car, and a rescue kitty. She picked up her fluffy gray kitten at a shelter, one hour away. She stopped at a store close to her house for cat liter and food, etc... When she got back to her new car she smelled something. The kitty, who was not in a pet taxi, had used the bathroom. She grabbed it from the back seat, choked it to death, and threw it in the trunk. Go ahead and read that last sentence again if you need to. After she realized what she had done she went home, broke down, and called her future husband. He came over with a shovel, removed the cat from the trunk of her car, and buried it. It was at this moment she knew he was the man of her dreams.

I almost screamed in her face!
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

A co worker was talking to me about her husband. She says, "do you want to know how and when I knew he was the one?" I said yes, and settled in for a "awwww" story. She tells me they had been dating for a few months when she got a brand new car, and a rescue kitty. She picked up her fluffy gray kitten at a shelter, one hour away. She stopped at a store close to her house for cat liter and food, etc... When she got back to her new car she smelled something. The kitty, who was not in a pet taxi, had used the bathroom. She grabbed it from the back seat, choked it to death, and threw it in the trunk. Go ahead and read that last sentence again if you need to. After she realized what she had done she went home, broke down, and called her future husband. He came over with a shovel, removed the cat from the trunk of her car, and buried it. It was at this moment she knew he was the man of her dreams.

I almost screamed in her face!
Originally Posted by Fifi.G


Um, WHAT?!!!

This can't be real. Nope, sure isn't. Nah uh, not believing it. Just no!!!
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
^ church.

Wth am I supposed to say to that? Oh my. Keeping mouth closed.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

A co worker was talking to me about her husband. She says, "do you want to know how and when I knew he was the one?" I said yes, and settled in for a "awwww" story. She tells me they had been dating for a few months when she got a brand new car, and a rescue kitty. She picked up her fluffy gray kitten at a shelter, one hour away. She stopped at a store close to her house for cat liter and food, etc... When she got back to her new car she smelled something. The kitty, who was not in a pet taxi, had used the bathroom. She grabbed it from the back seat, choked it to death, and threw it in the trunk. Go ahead and read that last sentence again if you need to. After she realized what she had done she went home, broke down, and called her future husband. He came over with a shovel, removed the cat from the trunk of her car, and buried it. It was at this moment she knew he was the man of her dreams.

I almost screamed in her face!
Originally Posted by Fifi.G


Um, WHAT?!!!

This can't be real. Nope, sure isn't. Nah uh, not believing it. Just no!!!
Originally Posted by SarcasmIsBeauty
150% the truth. She was straight faced, and proud of her super man. I on the other hand, am trapped in a twilight zone hell.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

A co worker was talking to me about her husband. She says, "do you want to know how and when I knew he was the one?" I said yes, and settled in for a "awwww" story. She tells me they had been dating for a few months when she got a brand new car, and a rescue kitty. She picked up her fluffy gray kitten at a shelter, one hour away. She stopped at a store close to her house for cat liter and food, etc... When she got back to her new car she smelled something. The kitty, who was not in a pet taxi, had used the bathroom. She grabbed it from the back seat, choked it to death, and threw it in the trunk. Go ahead and read that last sentence again if you need to. After she realized what she had done she went home, broke down, and called her future husband. He came over with a shovel, removed the cat from the trunk of her car, and buried it. It was at this moment she knew he was the man of her dreams.

I almost screamed in her face!
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
I feel sorry for the husband. I'd question spending my life with someone who killed a helpless creature (and I say this being a cat mother).
Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
BC'd: 9/18/09
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
A co worker was talking to me about her husband. She says, "do you want to know how and when I knew he was the one?" I said yes, and settled in for a "awwww" story. She tells me they had been dating for a few months when she got a brand new car, and a rescue kitty. She picked up her fluffy gray kitten at a shelter, one hour away. She stopped at a store close to her house for cat liter and food, etc... When she got back to her new car she smelled something. The kitty, who was not in a pet taxi, had used the bathroom. She grabbed it from the back seat, choked it to death, and threw it in the trunk. Go ahead and read that last sentence again if you need to. After she realized what she had done she went home, broke down, and called her future husband. He came over with a shovel, removed the cat from the trunk of her car, and buried it. It was at this moment she knew he was the man of her dreams.

I almost screamed in her face!
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
I feel sorry for the husband. I'd question spending my life with someone who killed a helpless creature (and I say this being a cat mother).
Originally Posted by LadyV69
Exactly!! If I were him, I would have said, "So sorry, see ya". I am a cat mother as well, and always though of her as a cat lover too, but think again. What did she expect? The poor baby had been in a car for over an hour.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

A co worker was talking to me about her husband. She says, "do you want to know how and when I knew he was the one?" I said yes, and settled in for a "awwww" story. She tells me they had been dating for a few months when she got a brand new car, and a rescue kitty. She picked up her fluffy gray kitten at a shelter, one hour away. She stopped at a store close to her house for cat liter and food, etc... When she got back to her new car she smelled something. The kitty, who was not in a pet taxi, had used the bathroom. She grabbed it from the back seat, choked it to death, and threw it in the trunk. Go ahead and read that last sentence again if you need to. After she realized what she had done she went home, broke down, and called her future husband. He came over with a shovel, removed the cat from the trunk of her car, and buried it. It was at this moment she knew he was the man of her dreams.

I almost screamed in her face!
Originally Posted by Fifi.G

What the what??!!!!!!!

And not only the fact that it happened... but the fact that she'd tell it in an "oh I knew he was The One when" type of way. What a sick, twisted b-word.

I'd be seriously tempted to turn her into the ASPCA.
What a horrible horrible story! Why would anyone retell that about themselves!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
A co worker was talking to me about her husband. She says, "do you want to know how and when I knew he was the one?" I said yes, and settled in for a "awwww" story. She tells me they had been dating for a few months when she got a brand new car, and a rescue kitty. She picked up her fluffy gray kitten at a shelter, one hour away. She stopped at a store close to her house for cat liter and food, etc... When she got back to her new car she smelled something. The kitty, who was not in a pet taxi, had used the bathroom. She grabbed it from the back seat, choked it to death, and threw it in the trunk. Go ahead and read that last sentence again if you need to. After she realized what she had done she went home, broke down, and called her future husband. He came over with a shovel, removed the cat from the trunk of her car, and buried it. It was at this moment she knew he was the man of her dreams.

I almost screamed in her face!
Originally Posted by Fifi.G


Um, WHAT?!!!

This can't be real. Nope, sure isn't. Nah uh, not believing it. Just no!!!
Originally Posted by SarcasmIsBeauty
150% the truth. She was straight faced, and proud of her super man. I on the other hand, am trapped in a twilight zone hell.
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
I don't believe that story either.

If that woman is capable of choking a cat to death and spinning it into what she thinks is a feel-good story, I'd run for my life. No telling what else she is capable of.

Run, Fifi, run!!!!



Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
I knew it was coming, I just wasn't expecting it TODAY. Maybe I hoped it would pass and he'd move on to something else.

I'm trying super hard to roll with it because he's soooo freakin' happy, but I'm having a hard time with it. So far I can't really do much other than nod because if I say something I'm worried it will rain on his two wheeled parade.
Originally Posted by spring1onu
Spring - my dad rides and has since I was a kid. He took all of the safety classes and such and is a really cautious rider. Maybe it'd make you feel better if mr spring took some private lessons?


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
A co worker was talking to me about her husband. She says, "do you want to know how and when I knew he was the one?" I said yes, and settled in for a "awwww" story. She tells me they had been dating for a few months when she got a brand new car, and a rescue kitty. She picked up her fluffy gray kitten at a shelter, one hour away. She stopped at a store close to her house for cat liter and food, etc... When she got back to her new car she smelled something. The kitty, who was not in a pet taxi, had used the bathroom. She grabbed it from the back seat, choked it to death, and threw it in the trunk. Go ahead and read that last sentence again if you need to. After she realized what she had done she went home, broke down, and called her future husband. He came over with a shovel, removed the cat from the trunk of her car, and buried it. It was at this moment she knew he was the man of her dreams.

I almost screamed in her face!
Originally Posted by Fifi.G

I don't... there are no words. I want to say disgusting but that's not enough. Wow, just wow.
Southern Colorado Curly
Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
She's got some anger issues anyway, obviously, but I thought it was mainly work related. As in, she's been doing this job for a really long time and it does start to work on a persons frame of mind around 16-17 years in but... WHAT?? She's been married 20 years so this took place awhile back. I'm shocked. Shocked! Shocked! She has no sense of something being wrong with this, what so ever.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

I don't think I've ever been this unbalanced. I am so on edge, anxious, and just on the verge of completely flipping out. Its such a bad, internal feeling I almost can't explain it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
A co worker was talking to me about her husband. She says, "do you want to know how and when I knew he was the one?" I said yes, and settled in for a "awwww" story. She tells me they had been dating for a few months when she got a brand new car, and a rescue kitty. She picked up her fluffy gray kitten at a shelter, one hour away. She stopped at a store close to her house for cat liter and food, etc... When she got back to her new car she smelled something. The kitty, who was not in a pet taxi, had used the bathroom. She grabbed it from the back seat, choked it to death, and threw it in the trunk. Go ahead and read that last sentence again if you need to. After she realized what she had done she went home, broke down, and called her future husband. He came over with a shovel, removed the cat from the trunk of her car, and buried it. It was at this moment she knew he was the man of her dreams.

I almost screamed in her face!
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
I feel sorry for the husband. I'd question spending my life with someone who killed a helpless creature (and I say this being a cat mother).
Originally Posted by LadyV69
I am not a cat mother and I question it. Um, what happens if he does something to make her mad to the scale the kitten did?

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder
.







Um, WHAT?!!!

This can't be real. Nope, sure isn't. Nah uh, not believing it. Just no!!!
Originally Posted by SarcasmIsBeauty
150% the truth. She was straight faced, and proud of her super man. I on the other hand, am trapped in a twilight zone hell.
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
I don't believe that story either.

If that woman is capable of choking a cat to death and spinning it into what she thinks is a feel-good story, I'd run for my life. No telling what else she is capable of.

Run, Fifi, run!!!!



Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by medussa
This is seriously... the truth. I know you habe heard the saying, "The truth is stranger than fiction". Yeah, stuff like this is why it was coined. This is a 48 year old woman that I've known for awhile. She has some problems, but one is not telling lies. I wish it was!!!

And I can't run!!! I'm locked in a room with her for 12 hours. She's filling in for my normal shift partner.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com