Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree19310Likes

This one girl on myspace -

I don't care if you haven't had picture comments in a year, stop posting bulletins about how you feel sad and need someone to post comments! Maybe if you stopped annoying people, they'd actually post comments. That is the one and only reason I haven't posted a comment yet. Get over yourself.

I'll be back later.

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
I cannot read your ****ing mind. I do not want to try. It's got to be one hellaciously scary place there inside your head. YES I AM MAD. Are you trying to make me explode??? SHUT UP AND JUST GO AWAY.
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by goldencurly; 08-30-2011 at 09:05 AM.
sinistral55
Guest
Posts: n/a
A good, informative book on American slavery should be REQUIRED READING for every man, woman, and child in this country, immigrants included.

Slavery was NOT just Black folks bent over in Southern fields, picking cotton and tobacco. I am always amazed at how little the average person, regardless of race, knows about the history of slavery in this country.

Personal, first-hand accounts exist of the journey from Africa to here, remembered by enslaved blacks themselves and owners of slave ships.

Things like a ship-hand whipping a 9-month-old infant with a cat o'nine tails, then dipped in boiling water until the skin on its feet and legs came off, for refusing to eat. Things like funnels and other implements used on slave ships to force-feed Africans, most of whom would not eat. Things like a decapitated human head prominently displayed at the entrance onto a slave ship, so that it would be the first thing the passengers saw, because most native African religions taught that a person's soul was doomed after death if the head was separated from the body.

I am so sick of how everyone is so afraid of this topic. I am learning so much more about this subject than I thought I knew, and stereotypes I once had about slavery are being shattered left and right. With death rates on early slave voyages as high as 50-60%, it is a true miracle that any Black folks are here in this country now, period.

Black people, this is OUR PAST, where we CAME FROM--WE NEED TO DO BETTER THAN WHAT WE ARE DOING.

It makes NO sense how little people know about this topic. It is NOT about beating a dead horse into the ground, or "unnecessarily bringing up the past ." I am sick of people grumbling about "bringing up the past" whenever the subject is merely mentioned in passing, when just about everyone I know (both Black and White) simply assumes that somehow, Africans just magically alighted in the cotton fields, were slaves singing gospel tunes for awhile, then became free because of Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King.

It's more than "okay" to dissect the Civil War to death (especially where I live), and to know all aspects of the Holocaust. AND NO, I AM NOT COMPARING TRAGEDIES. But just say "slavery" and all of a sudden it's not "okay" to talk about.

And the thing is, I don't even care about "retribution" or "repayment".....
Life is good.

Yes, I can see you and I know who you are. Deal with it schizo. I speak of what I know.

My job is too easy for me. I need another challenge.

Do a better job of covering your stinky aliass.
It's supposed to be group work, yet I'm ending up doing all of it with all the stress. I'm so fed up.
To H: I'm sorry. I really really am.

To J: I wish I knew how to quit you.
Brown nosing butt kissers, kiss MY butt!
All you men who watch football all day, every game, every friggin weekend during football season, your wives and girlfriends don't appreciate it, don't give a damn about the game, and would really like for you to stop this and all obsessive behavior.
All you people who stay at work and work uncompensated overtime just to look good to your bosses...GET A LIFE!
If you are going to drive the speed limit or slower...get out of the left passing lane!
Formerly known as colomunky.
Animal lover!?? Meat eater, too? Then you are a PET lover not an animal lover!
3a/3b/3c/36D


May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
To the Myspace dorks who've just decided to 'friend' me in the last week:

I'm sooooo glad Myspace lets me reject your stupid whoring applications! HA! You don't really want to talk to me, you just want another name to add to your list. I don't wanna hear your stupid goth/ambient/glam/emocore band, I don't wanna see your boobs, I don't wanna look for 'love.' It's a joke profile anyway, so....joke's on you.

To M:

I know I can't talk to you about it, even though it's such a big part of who I am, and I hate that. I hate that you don't believe me. I hate that I have to lie about it and say I'd never do what some people do, never go to those lengths to be happy. I feel like a hypocrite because I'm so close to doing what they've done, I can't fight this alone anymore, but it hurts that I don't have your support in this. It's not imaginary, you just can't SEE it, but I live with it every day and I'll fight it any way I can, and you can't stop me.

To MS:

Please. Stop competing with me when I'm clearly in no state for it. You think it's funny to put on the emo hat and mope around, scoping out sympathy. You can at least stop when you're bored of it. I can't. I didn't choose to be sad all the time and I wish I could stop.

To A:

You're a terrible teacher and I'm going to tell everyone I know. For 500 a term we deserve better than 'Shut up' when we have questions. And we don't have years to wait for you to learn how to teach properly. Shape up or ship out.




Quote:
Originally Posted by spring1onu
I like having something "down below"
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfette
What would you call it, sci-fi guru?
don't click this. seriously.
To all shoppers - If the store is to open at a certain time, then that is when it will open. You are not special - not even a little bit. I do not come to your place of employment and ask you to either open early/stay late for my convenience or to put my things ahead of something else to suit my needs. I am not going to give you a better price than someone else, I am not going to give you something for free simply because you smile at me.

Repeat - YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. Rules apply to everyone. You seriously need to remember that there are other people in this world - Frickin' deal with it - you suck.
Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
Use your indicator. It's not hard, and it's something you should have learnt when you had driving lessons.
A: I left behind my family, friends and the only place I've ever really known to move 3,000 miles to be with you because you don't like where I lived. I'm really struggling on my diet because you won't eat anything healthy, and you insist on us eating the same thing at dinner. So, don't expect me to be able to drop weight very quickly when all I cook is junk because that's all you'll eat. I always. Put. You. First. And I don't mind it most of the time, really, because I love you and I'd do just about anything for you. I've sacrificed so much for you. Why can't you do the same for me a little more often? I'm lonely, often miserable and you're not making the transition any easier. And stop constantly berating yourself, stop trying to convince yourself that you have no talent or self-worth. You've got the potential, the smarts, the creativity, and all the talent. USE IT AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW MUCH YOUR LIFE SUCKS. Only you have the power to change it. I can't do it for you.

Mom: I know the way I met A. was unconventional, but I think that after nearly seven years you can be assured he isn't some kind of evil man out to steal your daughter. I understand that you miss me, but please stop asking me to move back home. You know I won't, and I don't like breaking your heart when I say no. I miss you, too. VISIT ME! You've got two weeks of vacation time, whereas I have none... use a week to come visit. We'll put you up for free; I'll even pay half the air fare. Stop being so effing stubborn. I am not coming back to New York. You need to accept this, it's been long enough. I know I made the right decision for me, and you know it too. Look at what I accomplished, as soon as I got out of that sinkhole of a state. And you need to stop pretending A. doesn't exist. It hurts him when you ignore him, and it hurts me. This is the man I plan to spend the rest of my life with. He's not perfect by any means, but he loves me, and he treats me well. Why can't you just be happy for me, for us? You say you don't want to be the evil mother-in-law... so don't. A.'s mother and his entire family had no problem accepting me when they knew next to nothing about me. Why do you have to be so rigid? What do you think you're gaining by your behavior? I can tell you that your attitude about me and my relationship are only going to push me away, eventually. I can only take so much, and I'm tired of mediating between you and A., or you and my brother, because you insist on being so abrasive. I know you're a wonderful, giving person, and you have a lot of love to give. Stop assuming the worst and just let yourself be happy. Life is too short to struggle and fight so much.

.....Ahhhhhhhhh.
http://unpavedpath.blogspot.com/
To all the self-righteous conservatives:

-Suprise! Most of the "troops" you claim to support don't care about you. At all. After all, what are you doing for them? They have their own lives and their own problems. If you really give a crap about them, prove it. Write a letter to your senator asking why catastrophically disabled veterans are still waiting for benefits a year later. Visit those veterans at a hospital. Find out if their families need any help. Attend a protest to demand their safe return home.

-Most of the "troops" are young kids. The have families. They pay their car insurance. They buy groceries. Some have drinking or drug problems, some beat their wives, some molest children. They aren't perfect and simply being in the military does not make them heroes.

-Where did we get this idea that the military is "fighting for our freedom" in Iraq? Since when was the freedom of Americans called into question? They're not fighting for you, and they're not protecting you. Iraq is not a threat to the US. The military invaded the country they were told to invade, destroyed it, and are now trying to put it back together to preserve some sense of victory.

-Oh, and being a military wife doesn't make you special. You clog up the lines at the PX with your three carts and your five kids. You use up the doctor's valuable time at medical to complain about this weird rash you're having, while an active-duty person is waiting to be seen for a real problem. You drive your gas-guzzling SUV with your yellow-ribbon stickers, you get your free housing and your free medical and dental, and then you have the nerve to act like you have it rough because you have to move every four years. So what if your husband was deployed? YOU stayed home and watched Oprah, probably while you were screwing his best friend.

-Oh, and being a military wife doesn't make you special. You clog up the lines at the PX with your three carts and your five kids. You use up the doctor's valuable time at medical to complain about this weird rash you're having, while an active-duty person is waiting to be seen for a real problem. You drive your gas-guzzling SUV with your yellow-ribbon stickers, you get your free housing and your free medical and dental, and then you have the nerve to act like you have it rough because you have to move every four years. So what if your husband was deployed? YOU stayed home and watched Oprah, probably while you were screwing his best friend.
Originally Posted by tantrum
For the record:

I rarely go to the PX & Commissary for the reason you mentioned. All those kool-aid stained faces annoy me & the people w/ their 19 family members taking advantage of the on-post prices piss me off.

I have 1 child & no I didn't pop her out at 18. Dh & I were both well into our 30's when she was born.

I only go to the med ctr when Im really sick or have an appt.

I drive a Camry (okay okay okay I DO have a yellow ribbon sticker that says "keep daddy safe" sue me)

Haven't moved in 4 years--DH has been here for 7 years.

I dont watch Oprah & wouldn't touch DH's best friend w/ a 10 foot pole. Besides the fact that he was in Iraq w/ DH that is.

Oh, this wasn't directed at me? LMAO! Sorry Tantrum, I just felt the need to be snarky & say that not all mil wives fit your stereotype (but of course you knew that already) :P
Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
to add to loosecurls -

My SIL is a military wife. She doesn't live anywhere near a military base due to a custody situation. The ONLY thing she can "take advantage" of is medical benefits and for the record he earns those. She works as well as takes care of the 2 kids alone while he is off getting shot at everyday. They were also in their 30's when they had kids. She drives and Eagle and the only yellow ribbon that she has is on a thong I bought for her and it says "Welcome Home" on it. His best friend is 2000 miles away - unless you include my dad.

To all military haters - next time someone decides to invade our country - get in a line - they can start with you.
Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
You don't like the way they're treating prisoners. Yes that's fine, but did you ever take into account that they don't treat ours nicely either?

Wanna close down guantanamo? maybe you should house them and see if you still wanna keep it closed
when you hook up an EKG to a tree you'll get a heartbeat every 15 mins
You don't like the way they're treating prisoners. Yes that's fine, but did you ever take into account that they don't treat ours nicely either?

Wanna close down guantanamo? maybe you should house them and see if you still wanna keep it closed
Originally Posted by Cary
Word.
Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
To all military haters - next time someone decides to invade our country - get in a line - they can start with you.
Originally Posted by three rivers curly
Fabulous idea!

Oh, this wasn't directed at me? LMAO! Sorry Tantrum, I just felt the need to be snarky & say that not all mil wives fit your stereotype (but of course you knew that already)
Originally Posted by loosecurls
Totally...some of us are even smart, self-sufficent, childless people with no health problems who don't have time to watch Oprah and don't sleep around while their husband is gone! Oh time to go, gotta go get in my gas guzzling SUV without my yellow-ribbon sticker and get to the BX to spend some of my DH's hard earned deployment money on a new Coach purse - NOT! :P
Damn - I forgot to mention that Oprah sucks.

Good one sariroo!
Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
To all military haters - next time someone decides to invade our country - get in a line - they can start with you.
Originally Posted by three rivers curly
Fabulous idea!

Oh, this wasn't directed at me? LMAO! Sorry Tantrum, I just felt the need to be snarky & say that not all mil wives fit your stereotype (but of course you knew that already)
Originally Posted by loosecurls
Totally...some of us are even smart, self-sufficent, childless people with no health problems who don't have time to watch Oprah and don't sleep around while their husband is gone! Oh time to go, gotta go get in my gas guzzling SUV without my yellow-ribbon sticker and get to the BX to spend some of my DH's hard earned deployment money on a new Coach purse - NOT! :P
Originally Posted by sariroo
You know what we forgot? We forgot leaving the kids w/ sitters so we can get hoochied up & go out boozing while hubby's deployed! Good times!
Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com