Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree19137Likes

I'm with you on the sandwiches Saria. Even cold cut sandwiches I want everything to blend, not just be MEAT.

-----

I have to pick up an arm sling today. Why, you might ask. A certain somebody went to get kayak lessons with his long time bud from H.S. and really messed up his shoulder. They came back saying "we're not 18 anymore," duh, you're 38 actually.

He's decided that he won't get it checked out just yet. Mmmhmmm.
Southern Colorado Curly
Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
I have started to find the taste of coffee (instant) and tea rather bland. I can either start making drip coffee, spend tonnes of money at a coffee house or drink juice in the morning. I'm leaning towards the juice.
I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
"
Dude knew his previous name, and where he came from. If it was me, I could see wanting him back. Still, I'm pretty attached to the giant fluffball.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
That's a tough situation. What do you think you'll do? Would it be a worst case scenario to possibly share him?

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
Aw, that stinks, RCC.
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
Dude knew his previous name, and where he came from. If it was me, I could see wanting him back. Still, I'm pretty attached to the giant fluffball.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
That's a tough situation. What do you think you'll do? Would it be a worst case scenario to possibly share him?
Originally Posted by claudine19
Worst case scenario would be never seeing him.

Sharing - I could be fine with that.

My main issue is that they really didn't canvass that much. No flyers. No calling the shelter. No setting a trap when they saw that he'd hide at a nearby abandoned house. They didn't try all that hard. If they had tried harder, I'd be more sympathetic.

I hope there aren't kids involved. I'd be done for then if some little kids were missing him. I think their kids are adults, though.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
This is why I don't hangout with my family. Takes me days to recovery confidence after my obligatory visits.

It pisses me off even more than the same behavior I see in them I mimick . Out!! Out damned spot!!


Sent from my iPhone - blame autocorrect for everything strange
OMG, I found Buddy's previous owner last night. Four doors down. They moved here, and Buddy kept escaping to go back to his old home. The man could never catch him. The chip was tied to the old house. He has to talk to his wife. I guess she misses him. Dammit, they didn't put flyers out, and I canvassed the neighborhood looking for his owner. Didn't expect to find them three months later. Now I wonder if they want him back.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
I thought Buddy wasn't fixed? But he had a chip?

Or maybe I'm remembering wrong and he was fixed?

If he wasn't fixed and they didn't put up flyers, I'd be hesitant to give him back. Those are basics of pet ownership and they failed on both counts.

Also, Buddy hasn't tried to escape from you to go back to his old home, has he? Seems like he's made his choice.
What is with all these 6 BR and similar houses/apartments in MA? Who the **** wants to live with that many people?!
The idea of living with one is bad enough! I know it's cheaper to split it between that many people, but frankly, that's like paying for entrance to hell.
(((((RCC)))))

i hope you get to keep him.
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
Love how my stickler for manners aunt is always late.

15 minutes and running.

Yet if I even do much as glance at my cellphone I get a lecture.





Sent from my iPhone - blame autocorrect for everything strange
No calling the shelter.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Wait, what? Their beloved pet is missing for THREE MONTHS and they don't check at the shelter for it?

That's three for three. Fail. They lose.

ETA: Honestly, RCC, I'd be wary of returning him to such irresponsible people. If he had wound up at the shelter, he would have been adopted out or killed long ago [assuming your shelter does that].

In short, they don't deserve to have him.

Last edited by wild~hair; 08-23-2012 at 09:32 AM.
OMG, I found Buddy's previous owner last night. Four doors down. They moved here, and Buddy kept escaping to go back to his old home. The man could never catch him. The chip was tied to the old house. He has to talk to his wife. I guess she misses him. Dammit, they didn't put flyers out, and I canvassed the neighborhood looking for his owner. Didn't expect to find them three months later. Now I wonder if they want him back.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
I thought Buddy wasn't fixed? But he had a chip?

Or maybe I'm remembering wrong and he was fixed?

If he wasn't fixed and they didn't put up flyers, I'd be hesitant to give him back. Those are basics of pet ownership and they failed on both counts.

Also, Buddy hasn't tried to escape from you to go back to his old home, has he? Seems like he's made his choice.
Originally Posted by wild~hair
He's fixed. All cats leave that shelter fixed. Their policy.

He has sat on the porch with me without an escape attempt. I think he'd like to be outdoors more, but I don't let him out with all the ferals and raccoons here. But, no, he isnt trying to sneak out the door when I leave. He has toys and a water fountain, lol. He knows he's spoiled here.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
No calling the shelter.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Wait, what? Their beloved pet is missing for THREE MONTHS and they don't check at the shelter for it?

That's three for three. Fail. They lose.

ETA: Honestly, RCC, I'd be wary of returning him to such irresponsible people. If he had wound up at the shelter, he would have been adopted out or killed long ago [assuming your shelter does that].

In short, they don't deserve to have him.
Originally Posted by wild~hair
Makes sense!

While the shelter isn't no kill, they do keep adoptable animals indefinitely. There are some put down because they take everything from citizens and the city. I'm not sure what the health and behavior criteria are, though. I've seem some cats that've been there over a year! I know some feel that their criteria for aggressive dogs could be better, not sure how they roll for cats.

But, good point. How much could they have missed him if they didn't call the shelter. I took him there myself, and they had no info about him being missing.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
Oh, RCC

How did it come about that you met the neighbor and that Buddy was at one point their cat (he's so your cat now)?




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
Oh, RCC
How did it come about that you met the neighbor and that Buddy was at one point their cat (he's so your cat now)?
Originally Posted by spring1onu
I worked over last night, and got home late, after 1.

I get out of the car, and this dude asks why I park so far from my place. I respond that the street is full and I took the next available open area.
The guy goes on about crowded streets and talks about his neighbor who parks too close to him. He then starts rambling about his contractor business and how he thinks I'm good looking and he watches me when I come home. Ew.

Then he just randomly spurts out that he still can't find his big fluffy cat named Jeremy. I immediately know that it's Buddy because Jeremy was his name on his paperwork I got from the shelter. He talks about how he moved here and how Jeremy jumped out of the box he was in in the car when they arrived.

I haven't told anyone in the neighborhood about how Buddy used to be a Jeremy.

I feel bad for the guy, show him a picture of Buddy, and ask if he's the cat. It's the same cat. His story and the story I got from the shelter mesh. He talks about how his wife misses the cat, tells me about the escape and how Buddy would run and hide at the abandoned house.

I told him how I found him handing out on my porch at night for about a week, about checking the neighborhood and posting a CL ad.

I then told him that Buddy had an injured paw, how I took him to the vet and that his chip was found there, and how I took him to the shelter so they could track the chip. Since the chip led to a number that no one answered (makes sense with the move) they transferred the chip to me after 10 days, which is the shelter's time policy for locating owners.

I did let Buddy see the guy. Buddy didn't care for him. He mowed and ran to hide, which he hasn't done for me in a couple if weeks. Buddy is back to normal today.

Last night, the guy did say that I should keep him since he's in a good home. I'm just hoping that the wife doesn't have a hissy or that he changes his mind and tries to get him back. By shelter policy, I'm in the right because reporting a pet to them that came from there is part of their adoption contract.

He then talked about how he was thinking of getting another cat, and then he said I was really good looking and he'd cheat on his wife for me. Ick, dude. Really.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have told the guy I found his cat, but it seemed the thing to do in the immediate moment.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
Did I mention that the dentist polished off the tips of my two front teeth? SO SMOOTH! How have I been living life with jaggedy teeth edges for so long?

In other news: I really need to stop looking at Nordstrom in search of a dress for my brother's wedding. I am far too poor for all of these dresses, and yet I want all of them!


"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
Oh, RCC
How did it come about that you met the neighbor and that Buddy was at one point their cat (he's so your cat now)?
Originally Posted by spring1onu
I worked over last night, and got home late, after 1.

I get out of the car, and this dude asks why I park so far from my place. I respond that the street is full and I took the next available open area.
The guy goes on about crowded streets and talks about his neighbor who parks too close to him. He then starts rambling about his contractor business and how he thinks I'm good looking and he watches me when I come home. Ew.

Then he just randomly spurts out that he still can't find his big fluffy cat named Jeremy. I immediately know that it's Buddy because Jeremy was his name on his paperwork I got from the shelter. He talks about how he moved here and how Jeremy jumped out of the box he was in in the car when they arrived.

I haven't told anyone in the neighborhood about how Buddy used to be a Jeremy.

I feel bad for the guy, show him a picture of Buddy, and ask if he's the cat. It's the same cat. His story and the story I got from the shelter mesh. He talks about how his wife misses the cat, tells me about the escape and how Buddy would run and hide at the abandoned house.

I told him how I found him handing out on my porch at night for about a week, about checking the neighborhood and posting a CL ad.

I then told him that Buddy had an injured paw, how I took him to the vet and that his chip was found there, and how I took him to the shelter so they could track the chip. Since the chip led to a number that no one answered (makes sense with the move) they transferred the chip to me after 10 days, which is the shelter's time policy for locating owners.

I did let Buddy see the guy. Buddy didn't care for him. He mowed and ran to hide, which he hasn't done for me in a couple if weeks. Buddy is back to normal today.

Last night, the guy did say that I should keep him since he's in a good home. I'm just hoping that the wife doesn't have a hissy or that he changes his mind and tries to get him back. By shelter policy, I'm in the right because reporting a pet to them that came from there is part of their adoption contract.

He then talked about how he was thinking of getting another cat, and then he said I was really good looking and he'd cheat on his wife for me. Ick, dude. Really.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have told the guy I found his cat, but it seemed the thing to do in the immediate moment.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
This dude . . .



Yeah. He was on my last nerve when I was done. I'm worried about your cat and you're hitting on me while talking about your wife missing the cat. Dude!

I don't think he realizes he will be intelligible to adopt from that shelter again since he breached his contract.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
You should definitely keep the cat. I fear for his well-being otherwise.
Yeah. Talking it out here had helped put it in perspective.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com