Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree18141Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #54721
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylaura View Post
Am I the only one here who thinks she's working class? Sure I'm educated and have a professional job but there is no way I am middle class. Maybe upper working class at a push.
I think clearly I am **** poor.


According to Romney's standards anyway.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #54722
 
sarah42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHairedQT View Post
I didn't think SO's mom was so....what's the word???...off...crazy...mental until LO was born. She corrected me when I told my baby to say hi grandma and instead wants my child to call her mom...ummm no I am her mother, not you. I carried this baby for 40weeks 5days, gained 60lbs (yes 60lbs despite exercise and healthy eating), I have the stretch marks and kangaroo pouch to show for it.. 1st she wishes to nurse my baby and now she's wants to be called mom.... I think she's plotting my demise and wants to take my kid. But seriously, I don't think normal or average grandma's do the above, correct me if I'm wrong.


I've been trying to get along with her but dammit she makes it hard. She got offended when I went to an empty room to nurse and thought I was trying to take LO away from her....-__- I'm not comfortable with nursing in front of SO's dad or your friends who are over when we come to visit. And nursing with a blanket to cover up makes baby fussy, the whole feeding process just takes longer and isn't enjoyable. I am not trying to hurt you by feeding LO in a different room. It is not about you, I am just trying to feed my baby. And reasons like this are why I dread visiting SO's parents. *sigh there were no warning signs of her wacky behavior. I didn't see this coming.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
No! That is not acceptable! The baby will not be calling anyone other than you mom. And you will go to another room to nurse the baby if you darn well feel like it! This kind of behavior makes me angry on your behalf.
__________________
sarah42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #54723
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

Plantagenet.

There.
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #54724
 
goldencurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHairedQT View Post
I didn't think SO's mom was so....what's the word???...off...crazy...mental until LO was born. She corrected me when I told my baby to say hi grandma and instead wants my child to call her mom...ummm no I am her mother, not you. I carried this baby for 40weeks 5days, gained 60lbs (yes 60lbs despite exercise and healthy eating), I have the stretch marks and kangaroo pouch to show for it.. 1st she wishes to nurse my baby and now she's wants to be called mom.... I think she's plotting my demise and wants to take my kid. But seriously, I don't think normal or average grandma's do the above, correct me if I'm wrong.


I've been trying to get along with her but dammit she makes it hard. She got offended when I went to an empty room to nurse and thought I was trying to take LO away from her....-__- I'm not comfortable with nursing in front of SO's dad or your friends who are over when we come to visit. And nursing with a blanket to cover up makes baby fussy, the whole feeding process just takes longer and isn't enjoyable. I am not trying to hurt you by feeding LO in a different room. It is not about you, I am just trying to feed my baby. And reasons like this are why I dread visiting SO's parents. *sigh there were no warning signs of her wacky behavior. I didn't see this coming.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
No! That is not acceptable! The baby will not be calling anyone other than you mom. And you will go to another room to nurse the baby if you darn well feel like it! This kind of behavior makes me angry on your behalf.
OMG!!! Go into another room and LOCK the door if necessary. I nursed where ever I wanted in public but there were times I wanted total privacy. I would have gone ape s##t crazy if my MIL acted like this. Get your SO to tell her she is the grandmother. I want to smack her. Grrrrrr.

Last edited by goldencurly; 09-17-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: my stupidity
goldencurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #54725
 
juanab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spring1onu View Post
Booyah!

All the grilled cheese. None of the drama.




Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Power of suggestion!! I had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. Perfectly melted cheese. Delish!!
__________________

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder
.




juanab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #54726
SCG
 
SCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,109
Default

This is going to sound so insensitive, but it's not meant to...

I feel like I attend a disproportionate amount of funerals/viewings compared to everyone else.

I realize that kind of comes with having a big family, but... I don't know. It's still weird.

You'd think by now that I'd be less awkward when it comes to them, but alas, they still make me really uncomfortable. Viewings, at least. I can handle the actual funeral.
__________________

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #54727
 
ThickHairedQT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 266
Default

KurlyKae- Yes she made a comment once when I was feeding LO that if she could still produce milk she wouldn't mind feeding my baby. At first I was thinking some things she did and would say was just cultural differences but no it can't be, it's just way too wacky and out there. I also found out that she wanted more children. She has 2 and miscarried a 3rd child long ago and was told that she couldn't have anymore kids. That fact only increases my fear that she wants to raise my baby.

I don't want her to babysit, the very thought makes me nervous. I am so tired of "offending" or "hurting" her by just taking care of my daughter's needs. It just doesn't make sense. I'm glad they live 3hrs away but I still feel that I see them a lot.

Last edited by ThickHairedQT; 09-17-2012 at 04:25 PM.
ThickHairedQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #54728
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHairedQT View Post
KurlyKae- Yes she made a comment once when I was feeding LO that if she could still produce milk she wouldn't mind feeding my baby. At first I was thinking some things she did and would say was just cultural differences but no it can't be, it's just way too wacky and out there. I also found out that she wanted more children. She has 2 and miscarried a 3rd child long ago and was told that she couldn't have anymore kids. That fact only increases my fear that she wants to raise my baby.

I don't want her to babysit, the very thought makes me nervous. I am so tired of "offending" or "hurting" her by just taking care of my daughter's needs. It just doesn't make sense. I'm glad they live 3hrs away but I still feel that I see them a lot.
That is really, really bizarre. I agree with those that said not to trust her around your child.

What this kind of made me think of- my cousin's son's grandparents are all really young, none older than 70, and his great-grandparents (my grandparents) are alive on one side, so he calls his great grandparents grandpa and grandma in Russian all of his actual grandparents by their first names.

He's also been freaking out a little over his little brother who's coming in about a month.
__________________
Mod CG as of 10/18/08
Using: Suave Naturals, L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss, LA Looks Sports Gel.
"We’ll not live like this. They will try to bury us with false manifestos, inscribe us in wars against false enemies but we’ll sing songs about dying from loving the wrong cowboy and gospel; our bodies will burn in effigies of promise. I swear."

-Ibi Kaslik
Hropkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #54729
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylaura View Post
Am I the only one here who thinks she's working class? Sure I'm educated and have a professional job but there is no way I am middle class. Maybe upper working class at a push.
I'm working class. No shame in my game. .

At least I'm debt free.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #54730
 
MojoDojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCG View Post
I honestly find it surprising that Starbucks doesn't allow its employees to have facial piercings.

Obviously, facial piercings are still a no-no in a lot of places... But it still seems kind of dumb.
In a lot of food serving/producing establishments - it's actually considered a health hazard. Your nose ring falls out into the drinks and, well...... it's a physical hazard (since you can choke on it), and a microbial hazard (since it was in contact with the wearer).

When I worked for Starbucks that is what they told me (well not as fancy, just that it could fall in the beverages).

Now I work for a big beef producer here in Canada and it's the same reason. And for that reason, it makes sense. If you can't take it out, you can't be in the plant.
MojoDojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #54731
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylaura View Post
Am I the only one here who thinks she's working class? Sure I'm educated and have a professional job but there is no way I am middle class. Maybe upper working class at a push.
I'm working class, because aside from what I earn there's my lowly manual labor-heavy occupation. I'd do something else, but then who would feed all those super-educated middle class types?
__________________

Last edited by Saria; 09-17-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #54732
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylaura View Post
Am I the only one here who thinks she's working class? Sure I'm educated and have a professional job but there is no way I am middle class. Maybe upper working class at a push.
I'm working class. No shame in my game. .

At least I'm debt free.
*sob*
__________________
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #54733
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,345
Default

How is it possible my kitchen can contain so much stuff? And why do I feel like I never have what i need when it has so much crap, oops, I meant stuff??!
ruralcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #54734
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,345
Default

And how on earth do I organize it? I don't have space for stations.

And WHY AM I DOING THIS ALL BY MYSELF? Oh wait, the 2 year old is ever so helpful.
ruralcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #54735
 
KurlyKae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHairedQT View Post
KurlyKae- Yes she made a comment once when I was feeding LO that if she could still produce milk she wouldn't mind feeding my baby. At first I was thinking some things she did and would say was just cultural differences but no it can't be, it's just way too wacky and out there. I also found out that she wanted more children. She has 2 and miscarried a 3rd child long ago and was told that she couldn't have anymore kids. That fact only increases my fear that she wants to raise my baby.

I don't want her to babysit, the very thought makes me nervous. I am so tired of "offending" or "hurting" her by just taking care of my daughter's needs. It just doesn't make sense. I'm glad they live 3hrs away but I still feel that I see them a lot.
Follow your instincts. And continue to set your boundaries with this woman. ( If anyone should be hurt or offended it is you.)
__________________
3a/2c
Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
KurlyKae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #54736
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylaura View Post
Am I the only one here who thinks she's working class? Sure I'm educated and have a professional job but there is no way I am middle class. Maybe upper working class at a push.
I'm working class. No shame in my game. .

At least I'm debt free.
Ditto!

I just can't help but wonder what it feels like to be 'middle class.' My working class parents are 60 (mom) and 70 (dad), and they are still working. Probably will be until they die. As were their parents. I'd like to break that cycle.
__________________
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
- Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #54737
SCG
 
SCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoDojo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCG View Post
I honestly find it surprising that Starbucks doesn't allow its employees to have facial piercings.

Obviously, facial piercings are still a no-no in a lot of places... But it still seems kind of dumb.
In a lot of food serving/producing establishments - it's actually considered a health hazard. Your nose ring falls out into the drinks and, well...... it's a physical hazard (since you can choke on it), and a microbial hazard (since it was in contact with the wearer).

When I worked for Starbucks that is what they told me (well not as fancy, just that it could fall in the beverages).

Now I work for a big beef producer here in Canada and it's the same reason. And for that reason, it makes sense. If you can't take it out, you can't be in the plant.
Ahh, ok, I see. That makes sense, I guess.
__________________

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #54738
 
The New Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,683
Default

Dear mother of Honey Boo Boo,

You're supposed to be speaking English. Or that is your intention, is it not? Then it is a crying shame that subtitles are needed to understand you! Your whole family is a train wreck, which is of course exactly why you have a TV show. Sigh...
__________________
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
The New Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #54739
 
The New Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,683
Default

But, YOU, I love madly and deeply.
__________________
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
The New Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #54740
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylaura View Post
Am I the only one here who thinks she's working class? Sure I'm educated and have a professional job but there is no way I am middle class. Maybe upper working class at a push.
I'm working class. No shame in my game. .

At least I'm debt free.



*burns like a thousand suns*




I think my left leg is longer than my right. Or maybe my back is just crooked, but my left leg is always being weird, sometimes it like gives out when I'm walking, not like scarlet takes a tumble gives out, just like a slight give. Then when I run my left hip will sometimes ache, after I run, like my cool down.


AND MY STOMACH IS STILL having hunger pains. I took tums, don't know why. Maybe the pain will go away.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com