Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree18971Likes

I had this whole post typed out talking about everything but then my computer lost power and killed everything. Not just my reply here, but all of the useful internet windows I had open as well as the multiple Word documents I had up and have been entering things into as I go about my business. Yay.

Previous post in a nutshell:

Saria could probably be my spokesperson because I keep agreeing with everything she says (exception: things I know nothing about). Related: My esophagus only dares defy me because it knows I can't be sending my own organs to the mines to lie there uselessly collecting rock dust - the fiend is taking advantage! And I stay mad at science for inventing city-killing bombs nearly a century ago and still not getting on the lack of teleportation issue.

Comic writers can be complete asshats and so can the rest of the media for all their constant depictions of this ridiculous woman-berates-man-for-holding-open-door scenario that they claim is common despite making no sense whatsoever in a real life context. At least anywhere I've lived, everyone regardless of gender holds the door open for the next person or they have committed a noticeable social transgression. GTFOH with your societal niceguyism.

My dad can also be an asshat, including about politics (and we share a party, BTW). I can't even retype all of that right now, especially since it's technically his birthday already.

I continue to have no effing clue what it's supposed to mean to "take advantage" of time you have with someone before they die. In the context of someone you have ever had frequent and/or extended interactions with, yes. In this one, no. I have no clue what to do, no trite little "just enjoy his company" is going to make even a lick of sense considering the silence feedback loop we work ourselves into, and I just don't see how my awkward physical presence is helping anyone in any way. Plus he's always been so impressed by my intelligence and says he's not on my level but I disagree, he SO is, and I keep feeling like I should say something smart but I don't know WTF I keep doing for people to call me smart in the first place so I don't know how to say something smart, and I'm not doing anything awesome and I won't be changing the world soon enough for him to see it so am I not living up to his high opinion of me? It's not fair. It makes me so upset and I can't do anything about it.

The one that makes me cry is the one my brain decided it could and would get into again. Nice. That's not even a cathartic one, brain. Why are you so mean to me?
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.
Ah, Furby. We meet again.

I had/have two furbies, the first of which my mom bought me in exchange for me pulling my own tooth so we wouldn't have to pay the dentist to do it. I kept them on a shelf directly over the middle of my bed, which was the top bunk, meaning there was no easy escape when they started rocking back and forth with their eyelids half up and twitching and making scary noises in the middle of the night one time. I just stared at them wide-eyed and debating whether to wait for them to stop or actually touch them to turn them upside down for a reset.

I forget which I did or whether my brother woke up and heard their possessed noises or if he was just scared of them anyway, but either way, he was in no way bothered by me storing them inside a cabinet from then on. I believe I still took them out to play with sometimes when I wasn't sleeping, despite their possessedness and despite the fact that they clearly had a taste for human flesh - they loved to gnaw on my index finger. Years later when I'd started high school, I found them in that cabinet and brought them out to show him. We were such horror movie tropes. I was like, "Should I turn them upside down? Should I wake them up? I'm totally gonna do it!" and he was all, "NO! Don't do it! WS, it's a bad idea! Don't do it!!!" I did it. It was anticlimactic: the batteries had gone dead in the intervening years. I still consider popping new ones in and seeing what happens because I am totally the fool who lights the black flame candle and brings the witches back from the dead to eat all the children.

I think the eyes that are computer screens, other than that they can probably glow all freaky-like, have less potential for being scary because they can't do that half-open, only the whites showing, demonic twitchy thing.
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.
Why is your boss upset because you slipped?

No point in a plastic bubble because someone will always be around with a large pin to bust it...

I think we'd do better (I fall a lot too) is to wrap ourselves in layers and layers of bubble wrap! That way we can pop the bubbles and entertain ourselves while staying injury free.
Originally Posted by Speckla
I think it's because...

Original injury (sprained hip) on Tuesday. Then I slipped on Friday (which could have, but probably didn't, make it worse). So it's a .... "Again?!? Seriously?!?" kind of mad, rather than an actual pissed off at me.

Bubble wrap sounds awesome!!!!
People out here don't really value their lives and are crappy drivers who don't care about the rules of the road.

I was driving on a road doing the speed limit (45mph) in the left lane, there was someone a little behind me in the right lane, everything is going fine. Then, there's this asshat waiting to make a turn on to the road we are on. This person had a clear and safe option of turning on to the right lane like they are supposed to but instead she decides to make a very wide turn and go in front of me which not only is illegal, it put everyone's life in jeopardy. Luckily, the person in the right lane was still a bit farther and I was able to quickly go into the right lane with just a few inches to clear. That would've been a very bad accident because this idiot decided to do whatever the hell she wanted. What makes it worse is that she had her kid in the car with her!

If the chance of an accident hadn't been so close, I would've honked at her for being such a dbag.
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
The last time my hair was tailbone length, I put in zero effort with it because I was a child and it always looked decent to good. This time, it's like it's a screaming baby and I'm like WTF DO YOU WANT WHY ARE YOU HERE. Straightening obviously works. Putting it back in a braid of course has predictable results, and if I can remember to wear it out after that first day, I like the waves it gets. My natural texture, though? We're not even speaking anymore. It's actively spiteful, too - like when I tried KCKT and KCCC and I had a few isolated curls so happy that they actually went up to the root (have I mentioned how long my hair is?!) but all the rest was angry cotton candy.

KCCC does this weird thing with my hair where it makes it dry much quicker than normal, which is the opposite of what pretty much everyone says it does. It also made my hair feel kinda rough. I need to check how long I've had it - if I can't still return it, IDK what I'll do with it. KCKT, however, is an awesome detangler - but only if I use it as a rinse-out and do the detangling while I'm rinsing it out. I don't even know. It's way too light for a rinse-out instead of just a detangling step (IMO), but I've been bad and just used it alone and then popped more in as a leave-in because I really need to go buy some conditioner. It hates me anyway...

I need to work up the motivation to DC. I have 16 oz of coconut oil just waiting for me to use it.

I refuse to cut off all my hair without having gotten to know it at this length, but I must say, how fun would it be to all of a sudden cut off three feet and come out with a chin-length bob and freak everyone out? I want to try having hair that short once I'm done having it long. Maybe the transition will end up being that severe after all and I'll lol at the world. If I needed another reason not to cut it right now, there it is: I need as many people as possible to be able to notice and freak out if/when I do that.

This has been a hair rant on the nonhair forum. Long hair don't care.
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.
People out here really don't value their Vulvas.
Aw, Davin is getting so cute with all of his talking. He brought me a bunch of his little cars and said, "Play you?"
----------------------
One day more, one more day until Election Day! (sung in my best Jean Valjean voice)
----------------------
I'm so glad it was the end of Daylight Savings time this past weekend. I was so tired, and that extra hour of sleep really helped.
---------------------
My husband has this opportunity to do some SCUBA training in February. It's in Florida, so he wants to make a family vacation of it. I keep trying to tell him that we can't all go and take a week off in February because Danae's in first grade now, not in preschool. He doesn't want to hear it. He's trying to be sweet because he wants us to visit my parents, but it's not going to work. I don't mind if he goes on his own, though. I mean, sure, who wouldn't want a Florida vacation in the dead of winter, but sometimes things just don't work out.
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
I'm in a group running class because I needed a credit to count as a student and this boy was just staring at my biscuit. Are my swamp butt sweat stains sexy to you? Of course they are.
You know what is more annoying than people disregarding your "No Soliciting" sign? When they do it and you are home sick. They may as well have played ding-dong ditch.
2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

I had dream about my mother last night. She was alive and I was so excited. I was showing her her obituary, showing her all the little touches that I added that I thought she would have liked. I was so happy that I could change/take off the ends dates.

I think that working in a building where the cafeteria overlooks her cemetary (and I have to pass it going to and from work) is getting to me more than I thought it would.

Man, today is going to be a long day. Sigh
I was one of three people to make an A on my exam!!
I better not get excited or something bad will happen
The other day I had a server come back to specify that the guest had said he/she was vegan, so please no butter in their tuna entree. Why are there so many stupid annoying people? BUT WHY MURRRTURTLES?!
I was telling male coworker who has been hitting on me that I would never go out with him. His response was it doesn't matter if I won't the ratio is 5:1 so some woman out there will want him.

I really am tired of this ********.

My lecturer is a trip. I mentioned something in class the other day and emailed him the article on it. His response was "it's a pity I didn't have time to ask you to summarise this for the class." Translation: summarise this for the class.
I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
"

Last edited by kayb; 11-05-2012 at 09:26 AM.
((((Scrills))))
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
I absolutely do not want to complain about a single thing when we just had a natural disaster and lives and homes were lost.

BUT, I quit my waitressing job last week after being offered a well-paying retail job with a pretty good hourly wage. I was starting a week ago and working at the restaurant the rest of the days.

The manager called me the day before the storm and said, obviously, "We're not opened tomorrow because of the hurricane...we'll call you when we have decided on a new orientation date."

Since EVERYTHING was closed around here, I clearly didn't work at the restaurant either and haven't heard back from the store yet. I lost a lot of pay and I'm just a little nervous that my retail job has just fallen through somehow. I know the actual plaza I'm working in wasn't physically impacted much, and I have no idea what could have happened to the staff, and OF COURSE, I hope they're all okay and their homes are okay and this is NOT ABOUT ME.

But, I am a little nervous. I just want to know for sure that I have a job. I'm having money problems and I never, ever would have quit a job without already having one first.

End rant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
The other day I had a server come back to specify that the guest had said he/she was vegan, so please no butter in their tuna entree. Why are there so many stupid annoying people? BUT WHY MURRRTURTLES?!
What the what???
I was all "go out there and tell them that they don't understand how vegetarianism, much less veganism works". Le sigh, I cannot with the staggering number of precious special snowflakes that claim vegan (and gluten intolerant) without having a ****ing clue what it even means.
The other day I had a server come back to specify that the guest had said he/she was vegan, so please no butter in their tuna entree. Why are there so many stupid annoying people? BUT WHY MURRRTURTLES?!
Originally Posted by Saria
Facepalm.

I hate having a real food allergy, because I worry that people think I'm just being picky because of morons like this that don't even understand their own chosen diet.

Though honestly, if I'm at even a halfway decent restaurant I don't order things with my allergy food (hazelnuts) even if they can be easily removed. I figure there is some reason they were included, and the dish wouldn't be balanced without them.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CurlTalk App
The other day I had a server come back to specify that the guest had said he/she was vegan, so please no butter in their tuna entree. Why are there so many stupid annoying people? BUT WHY MURRRTURTLES?!
Originally Posted by Saria
What the what???
Originally Posted by thelio
I NEVER call myself a vegetarian because I am not one (because I eat fish!) however...wow, people are dumb.

I had this exchange once:

Me: I'm not a vegetarian...I eat fish, but I don't eat pork or beef or poultry.

Them: So you're vegan?


WHAT DO THEY THINK VEGAN MEANS?
I was all "go out there and tell them that they don't understand how vegetarianism, much less veganism works". Le sigh, I cannot with the staggering number of precious special snowflakes that claim vegan (and gluten intolerant) without having a ****ing clue what it even means.
Originally Posted by Saria

Saria, I couldnt have your job. i would had bought the the fish to her and said, "see this here? this has a face. this is an animal, if you are vegan, you can not eat this. do you get it now? or are you just too stupid?" then walked away with my big old tuna!

if you eat this, you are not vegan:

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com