Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree19308Likes

Cat. I just hoovered. If you insist on leaving tufts of fluff all over the place I will throw you out into the garden for the day.
For me, this is accurate.

Last edited by Guide22; 02-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.
For me, this is accurate.
Originally Posted by ruralcurls

Me too. Unfortunately sanity wasn't one of the ones I picked.

Or being in shape. Cause I don't know how someone has time to take care of a family, clean their house, and exercise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Speckla
Guest
Posts: n/a
if you have to say, "I'm not raicist." You might be a racist.

If you say, "I have black friends." You might be a racist.
When people say that racism will die off because young people aren't as racist, point them in this direction.

Hello There, Racists!
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
I'm sick to my stomach just looking through a few of those.

Being raised in the south I heard the N word my whole life growing up, yet I still knew it wasn't right because I'm a decent person. Nobody had to tell me that nor teach me that. Those people are disgusting.
Originally Posted by spring1onu

naaaah, I'm a believer of the parents, once their parents die (sorry that sounds really harsh) then it'll switch off.

It's not the children it's their parents. I know. It's their parents, because if you hang around kids like those (which I have many times in my life) once someone of color is around it switches off and they act normal and once the people of color go away (I don't count, clearly I've stated this before, because I act "white") it's on and popping, and it's all about what daddy or mama says)

Some kids learn that their parents are stupid later on, some don't. C'est la vie.

Like the girl that dated a black guy, she is a CLEAR example of it. She'd say the most racist things, and knock it off like it was actual factual information, because it was what she learned from her parents. Yet her boyfriend was black and she had black friends, Her brain was very confused.
J. Powell's follow-up post also deserves a standing ovation:

Jesse accidentally a whole Tumblr

NO.

STOP.

JUST STOP.

Because it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter, if an absolutely friggin’ miniscule amount of girls do it for attention, or whatever. Most of the **** being bandied about in this defense is a myth, memes and gags created by the guys belittling women interested in these things that for whatever reason some of you have swallowed as truth. I’m willing to bet you’ve never actually met someone who thought Link’s name was Zelda because the game was called Legend of Zelda. That’s a running gag online. You’ve heard of it, but we’ve also heard that you can resurrect Aerith, Skarlet was a hidden character in Mortal Kombat II, and you can find the Triforce in Ocarina of Time.

It’s horse****.

But even if there IS even ONE GIRL out there faking it, here’s the truth.

IT DOESN’T MATTER.

That’s right. Let her do her thing. Ignore it. Because so long as you hold up these extremely rare occurrences as a justification for this behavior, this behavior will never end, and they will use it to continue to belittle and invalidate your place in geekdom. If she exists, you shouldn’t be pointing to her and saying BUT THEY’RE RIGHT, because you’ll never stop having to prove your nerd cred - after all, she exists, YOU could be one of THEM.

You have to say it doesn’t. ****ing. Matter. Take this weapon away from them, stop telling them they’re ever right to use it.

Fan policing and elitism is a load of wank, is exclusionary behavior, and only continues this ridiculous ****.

You are not the gatekeepers of geekdom.

There is no gate.
I want to insert this rant directly into the brains of the girls I've seen declare their speshulness as part of the supposedly endangered species of realfax nerd girls that are soooooo much better than the sexy chicks who only pretend to be into nerd things so they can...date a geek. Do none of these people get how social stereotypes work?
Originally Posted by wild_sasparilla
I might have to start using the gatekeepers of geekdom, if I have a valid opportunity. Hahaha.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

but the young people, on that website that are racist, they're not really racist, they're just dumb asses, Bless their hearts, jackholes.

They don't know any better. If they move away, they might learn better being around a diverse group, learn better taking classes that actually make them learn, but if they stay in the same town, they'll most likely stay the same, cause they'll hang around the same people who are just as dumb as they are, and they'll be around their parents who won't let their brains grow. And they'll have babies with a dumb fart, and raise their kids to be dumb farts.

That's how it works. Trust me, I'm a doctor. Dr. of Pizza.

Hey have you ever looked at a brain that's 16 and a brain that's 25. IT'S CRAZY HOW MUCH IT CHANGES. IT CHANGES LIKE COMPLETELY. Which is why you can actually prove that teenagers just do idiotic things, they can't help it, they're brains are still developing.
it's funny because the posts all act like obama wasn't the president for the four previous years.

Where have you been??
Oh you were 11. Good bye.

And the ones in college, look at what college they go to. heeeeyyyooooo.
Sorry, I can't be sad over this. Nothing new here, what do cops say? Nothing to see here folks.
A general comment on aging:

"Ouch."

(Not figurative.)

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
I think I just may have gotten fired.

I called my boss to make sure they still wanted me this year since I work seasonally and the time is coming up. He says all cheery, well, I don't think we were happy with the coverage this year so we may not be needing you.

Oh, thanks. Last year one of the representatives was sick and in the hospital, one of the Reps was moving from across the country, I had to reschedule 3 weeks of appointments BC they decided to start the season late at the last minute. I'm the one that had to deal with angry clients. Then the one Rep that had moved was not getting back to clients so I was taking the calls and trying to hold them off while she took 2 weeks to respond.

I held off applying at other places BC I had a commitment to them.

Oh whatever. I guess I'll put some stuff out there in case I don't hear back, or they call and say they're not interested anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Who am I kidding? There is always a valid opportunity for a Ghostbusters reference.

"Do not cross the streams"

Attachment 27216

But please do explain to that person that gatekeeper can not be said without "I am the key holder". Okay. It's illegal in every state.

Not really. I will be happy if people just stop calling me a liar because of my interests, or even when I ask a simple question about football. "Are you asking that because you think I want you to be interested in football?" Gdmfh, no!! I asked because I wanted to know.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Guide22; 02-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.
J. Powell's follow-up post also deserves a standing ovation:

Jesse accidentally a whole Tumblr

NO.

STOP.

JUST STOP.

Because it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter, if an absolutely friggin’ miniscule amount of girls do it for attention, or whatever. Most of the **** being bandied about in this defense is a myth, memes and gags created by the guys belittling women interested in these things that for whatever reason some of you have swallowed as truth. I’m willing to bet you’ve never actually met someone who thought Link’s name was Zelda because the game was called Legend of Zelda. That’s a running gag online. You’ve heard of it, but we’ve also heard that you can resurrect Aerith, Skarlet was a hidden character in Mortal Kombat II, and you can find the Triforce in Ocarina of Time.

It’s horse****.

But even if there IS even ONE GIRL out there faking it, here’s the truth.

IT DOESN’T MATTER.

That’s right. Let her do her thing. Ignore it. Because so long as you hold up these extremely rare occurrences as a justification for this behavior, this behavior will never end, and they will use it to continue to belittle and invalidate your place in geekdom. If she exists, you shouldn’t be pointing to her and saying BUT THEY’RE RIGHT, because you’ll never stop having to prove your nerd cred - after all, she exists, YOU could be one of THEM.

You have to say it doesn’t. ****ing. Matter. Take this weapon away from them, stop telling them they’re ever right to use it.

Fan policing and elitism is a load of wank, is exclusionary behavior, and only continues this ridiculous ****.

You are not the gatekeepers of geekdom.

There is no gate.
I want to insert this rant directly into the brains of the girls I've seen declare their speshulness as part of the supposedly endangered species of realfax nerd girls that are soooooo much better than the sexy chicks who only pretend to be into nerd things so they can...date a geek. Do none of these people get how social stereotypes work?
Originally Posted by wild_sasparilla
If only! I also ended up reading this article by Scalzi, which is great:

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2012/07/2...o-wants-to-be/

And this comment!
Amethyst, Peacock’s complaint about booth babes makes me question his geek credential to begin with, since he clearly doesn’t understand the dynamics at play in the convention space. Booth babes are hired by the very gaming and comic book companies that he so worships, because those companies have come out loud and clear to say that they don’t care about having women as part of their audience, and are perfectly willing to use a woman’s sexual attraction to entice their male audience. This is a phenomenon that the more social justice minded geeks have been complaining about for decades, as being alienating to female geeks, as being misogynistic, as being insulting to men. That Peacock has the gall to blame the women–who are there to do the job they were hired to do–on the women, and not on the ******** misogynistic companies that employ them, is pretty much as tone-deaf as it’s possible to be.

Furthermore, geekdom isn’t a Monolithic Thing that you have a binary interest in. Saying “well that model/actress/whatever isn’t REALLY INTO IT and is just faking” is pretty disingenuous and assumes bad faith on the part of a model that I don’t see ascribed to men at all. No one calls out RDJ for just cashing in on the Iron Man craze, but boy, that ScarJo sure is opportunistic, huh?
I also like a comment about how much male privilege is reflected in John Peacock saying that it's nice that women can finally enjoy something so male-dominated, as if women haven't actually been into these things as long as guys and that in fact it was mostly women behind sci-fi conventions.

Last edited by Saria; 11-16-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Please don't go. Don't leave me.
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242

Last edited by The New Black; 11-16-2012 at 10:16 AM.
You'll have to excuse another personal rant.

They say imitation is the highest form of flattery, but in your case it is effing pathetic.

Pick one of your many personas and stick with it!

Rant over.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Who am I kidding? There is always a valid opportunity for a Ghostbusters reference.

But please do explain to that person that gatekeeper can not be said without "I am the key holder".
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
KeyMASTER. Ordinarily I'd let it go, but it's Ghostbusters. You understand, right?
The best revenge is living well. The second best revenge is fire ants.
Who am I kidding? There is always a valid opportunity for a Ghostbusters reference.

But please do explain to that person that gatekeeper can not be said without "I am the key holder".
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
KeyMASTER. Ordinarily I'd let it go, but it's Ghostbusters. You understand, right?
Originally Posted by MoppyT
How hysterical, and I absolutely understand.

*I thought about going back editing it, but I can't. That's too funny. lol
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 11-16-2012 at 11:45 AM.
OMG, i have spent SO much money this week!



2 books - one cooking, one home decor $35
3 sweaters - one is a xmas gift $62
drugstore run to stock up on antihistamines, toothpaste and naproxen $45
got my nails done $25
train ticket for xmas travel $88
2 train tickets for work $130
1 hotel for work $162

at least i'll get $300 back for the work-related stuff!
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
I find myself avoiding food-related threads just to keep from saying anything about shoddy tips and techniques in recipes and because I'm over the whole "oh, it must be complicated/too "fancy"/gourmet" nonsense automatically assumed.
That's how I feel, rou. I ordered a swimsuit for my trip because the ones I bought previously were when I was on a much stricter budget, but now having a bit more leeway, I wanted something I was completely happy with and of better quality.
I also bought sandals that were on my wishlist since forever and finally went down in price. A new case for my phone because this one is falling apart.
And still so many things left!!!

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com