Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree19178Likes

I haven't spoken to my mom in five days!
Originally Posted by CanItBeChristine
You must feel so good about yourself!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by iroc

I had a final straw experience with her a couple of months ago. I had a play produced, she came, told me it was horrible at intermission, and then when she was in one of her drunk rages, kept screaming at me that, "THAT PLAY WAS HORRIBLE! IT WAS HORRIBLE! Everybody in the theatre thought it was HORRIBLE! I heard people talking about how HORRIBLE it was at intermission! I was embarrassed! Thank God I didn't take any friends to see it, I would have been humiliated making them sit through that! "

That was the cruelest she's ever been to me, and I honestly can't stand looking at her at this point. I'm struggling a lot right now with this particular play...it's getting TWO productions in 2013 already. It's made the finals of a big competition for next month and is getting another community production in July. Everybody that has read it has loved it...but I can't get my mother's words out of my head and her screaming "HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE."

I'm working through it in therapy right now. She asked me if I really feel like people are going to be spitting in the aisles and storming-out and demanding refunds. I don't. But it's so hard to get excited about it because I keep remembering what my mother said and it gives me big-time doubts in myself.

She will be in Florida for one of the productions (the one next month.) She asked me if I wanted her to fly-up for it. I said, "Yes, and please do that so you can tell me how horrible it was at intermission!"

She told me that the fact that she told me how horrible my play was was actually a compliment, because she expected it to be a lot better.

I honestly never want her at another one of my plays ever again. I really don't.
Good for you CIBC!

She shouldn't have that power over you.

In NO way is criticizing your show a compliment. What the what!?!?!?!?!?

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
Good for you CIBC!

She shouldn't have that power over you.

In NO way is criticizing your show a compliment. What the what!?!?!?!?!?
Originally Posted by Curlyminx
Oh, she says things like that ALL THE TIME.

I put-up a photo I found of me and Matt Morrison (now of GLEE fan) from 2003 online.

My mom said: Why did you get so many "likes" on that photo?

Me: He's pretty famous now. He wasn't then, that's why it was so easy to talk to him and get photos with him.

Mom: ...because you really looked HORRIBLE back then.

Me: (roll my eyes and shake my head) ...do you HAVE to say things like that???

Mom: It was a COMPLIMENT!

Me: HOW IS THAT A COMPLIMENT????

Mom: Because you're a lot PRETTIER now. Back then, you were just so pale with those big dark circles under your eyes..........................
Speckla
Guest
Posts: n/a
Sounds like a good night to settle for a bowl of cereal and some toast.
Scrills, I just think its awesome how your business has taken off.

And you still have a regular 9-5 job!

You are amazing. Don't let anyone get you down.
Originally Posted by Curlyminx
Ah, thanks. I needed that. I does get overwhelming at times
CIBC, I'm sorry your mom is being so terribly rude and immature, and an all around mean person... But at the same time, I'm so glad that you've distanced yourself from her! You deserve so much better than that!

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
Good for you CIBC!

She shouldn't have that power over you.

In NO way is criticizing your show a compliment. What the what!?!?!?!?!?
Originally Posted by Curlyminx
Oh, she says things like that ALL THE TIME.

I put-up a photo I found of me and Matt Morrison (now of GLEE fan) from 2003 online.

My mom said: Why did you get so many "likes" on that photo?

Me: He's pretty famous now. He wasn't then, that's why it was so easy to talk to him and get photos with him.

Mom: ...because you really looked HORRIBLE back then.

Me: (roll my eyes and shake my head) ...do you HAVE to say things like that???

Mom: It was a COMPLIMENT!

Me: HOW IS THAT A COMPLIMENT????

Mom: Because you're a lot PRETTIER now. Back then, you were just so pale with those big dark circles under your eyes..........................
Originally Posted by CanItBeChristine

My mom holds onto pictures of me when I 'looked good' and then brings them out and shows them to me when I'm feeling down on myself.

'You looked great here - this was the best you ever looked' etc, etc.

I'm like, mom, I was heavily using drugs, or mom, I was taking diet pills and not eating for 3 days at a time. I was seriously depressed and not eating - etc. I went to very drastic measures in those pictures. I need to find acceptance I where I am now.

Mom: uh, okay. If you say so.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
I'm super sleepy, but I must study.....OH THE HUMANITY

Speckla
Guest
Posts: n/a
Now I really want some cereal and toast.
I am not a city person at all. And I've only been to San Fran once and only for a week. But I fell in love (except for feeling like I was going to freeze to death in the summer). I walked every inch of the place up and down hills miles and miles for days and I'm pretty sure I ate at least 18 times a day. Only one place was 'posh', springy, and even at that, it was in a back alley with rickety wobbling tables on uneven bricks. My other favorites were a diner (the best California burgers), a pizza shop (with such yummy Italian sodas), high tea at The King George (so much fun).
And most favorite of all a tiny tiny tiny sushi place that seated at most 10-12 people if you really squeezed in, the husband cooked, the wife waited tables, we really couldn't understand her at all so I have no idea what half the stuff was that we ended up eating. We just pointed at anything that looked interesting. I loved it so much. It is one of my favorite dining experiences anywhere.
Sigh. I will be so jealous when you guys all go to San Fran and EAT there!
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
One more mini-essay, then I can turn in my World Religions final!

Also, I might have used the car accident to my advantage... My global politics prof wanted us to drop off our take-home finals in class tomorrow morning. I emailed him and was like "I was just in a little accident, and I'm not so sure I'll have access to a car! Any chance I can email the final instead?"

He said yes. (Please ignore the fact that I was dreading having to drive 30 minutes to drop off a paper...)

Also, the more I go over it in my head, and the more research I do (a girl's gotta take a break from finals once in a while!), it's sounding less and less like I will be found at fault. I guess time will tell, however.

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
For murrturtles

Attachment 28172

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App

Last edited by Guide22; 02-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.
I think the point if this picture was the tattoos but I got a kick out of the shirt.

Attachment 28174

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App

Last edited by Guide22; 02-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Speckla
Guest
Posts: n/a
Oh man! I think I'm going to die laughing. I'm watching Ugly Betty and heard the line, "Did they give you super strength when they installed your vagina..." There's a little bit of truth to that.
CIBC, I'm sorry your mom is being so terribly rude and immature, and an all around mean person... But at the same time, I'm so glad that you've distanced yourself from her! You deserve so much better than that!
Originally Posted by SCG
100% agree with SCG.

And, a suggestion: if you are posting such pictures on Facebook, don't stop, these are fun things for your real friends to see. But, why don't you block your mom from actually seeing your posts/pics? I wouldn't suggest officially un-friending her, because that might cause unneeded drama, but if she can't see anything you post, she has nothing to comment about.
3a/2c
Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
HAHA!! You outed me!! Oh noes!!!

We left SAN FRANCISCO and went to the Cheesecake Factory instead of eating in the city!!!! The horror. The injustice of it all!

(there is a reason, but it would probably sound like the teacher on Charlie Brown talking at this point since Saria's ears/eyes are probably bleeding)
Originally Posted by spring1onu
Spring, I have you ever been to Scoma's in San Fran?

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder
.




Who is Evelyn N.?
3a/b, CG mostly.
Mexico City.
I'm trying to decide if my lecturer is part of the "axis of evil" or an "outpost of evil." I kid you not. That man is a tyrant. I wrote 16 pages on the final exam and I still didn't do one question. How....how is that possible?

Jeepy: Stop poking fun at those of us who go to San Fran but are too preoccupied to eat.

Whenever anyone asks what I plan to do after grad school I tell them that I don't care as long as I get to move to S.F.

If I must die, let it be while I'm in S.F.
I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
"
Who is Evelyn N.?
Originally Posted by maria_i
Right? I was wondering that, too! Obviously she doesn't hang around the non-hair boards!

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
Speckla
Guest
Posts: n/a
This is amazing. It's 9pm and I am exhausted! Woo hoo! This means I am going to head off to bed! Night curlies!

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com