Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree18145Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #63321
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne View Post



excuse me, but what he does in the privacy of his own home is NONE of their business!!!!
that's what i was thinking. don't you dare tell me i cant have my wine, jesus had wine for peets sake!

i couldnt apply for a job at peta because you have to be a vega. i love animals, but give up my real natural butter for some fake artificle crap made in a lab?? hells to the no!!

i have issues with people telling me what to do when it has nothing to do with them.
I have two friends that work(ed) for PETA. One only works from home. The other eats her chicken sandwich in her car during lunch
all their jobs dont require it, but the position i was interested in, i had to have a stict vega lifestyle! No thank you. i think i do alot more for animals volunteering for the human society anyways.
thelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #63322
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaeve77 View Post
You're going to make fun of my jeans again, aren't you?
At least you're wearing pants. A lot of people at teh Wal-marts don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
I think Springy sent some of her karma my way. I have so many spiders, that I never understand why you ladies freak out.

Well, I was taking a shower this morning and I went to go reach for shower poof and this bug was on it. I FREAKED out

I snapped this pic with my camera phone before I grabbed a hanger and tried to drown it. Tried, because I didn't see it go down the drain. So I have to deal with it when I get home
Mr. Spring found a spider in the leg of his motorcycle pants as he was putting them on. This would be ok if he was in the garage when it happened, but he was UPSTAIRS IN HIS BATHROOM. The same floor my bathroom is on which means this could also happen to me. Bring on the bug spray and if that doesn't work bring on the fireball.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #63323
 
nynaeve77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,237
Default

Oh, fer cry-yi-yi.
__________________
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
nynaeve77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #63324
OBB
 
OBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,158
Default

Spring1 do you listen to 98.1 the KISS FM? old school music


once again Minx closes a thread when will she ever learn...
OBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #63325
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

:disg ust:


does anyone have a person who you avoid because they used to have a massively creepy crush on you that made you feel uncomfortable so you stopped talking to them, and everytime you're in the same town you know they live in you don't go anywhere for fear of seeing them?


That's how I feel every time I go home, which is primarily why I don't like to go anywhere in my town, I literally stay home or go to a different town when I go home.

Sometimes I wish my parents would move to a different town so I could be set free from this mental burden.

It's been like 5 years since I've seen this person, so I'm sure they've moved on but it still scares me. Because they were creeepily obsessed, even after I distanced myself from them they asked my friend if I was still alive because they were worried for me, a couple of years ago.


Anyway, I've been living with these annoying feelings for basically 5 years, I want them to stop, I'm sure they've gone on to creepily obsess over someone else.

I just think what if I saw them what would I do?? What would they do? Probably not talk to me because they were creepy. Like that kid that was always behind Helga Patacki on Hey Arnold.


Related story,
My friend went to a technical college for summer school and had a guy in her class become creepily crushed/infatuated with her, she went back to my school and told me that he messaged her on Fb and said that they were transferring to our school, but she cut off all contact with him, then a couple of weeks ago she found out he died in a car wreck and she felt really bad about it.




Anyway i have all these feels and it's annoying.
How do I make my brain stop?

Anyway I made a thread about this like my first post like five years ago and wrote it in text lingo and everyone accused me of being a troll
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #63326
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

OBB, I'll check it out today and see if we can pick it up.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #63327
 
Curlyminx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,892
Default

Well I AM a known rabble rouser.
__________________

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
Curlyminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #63328
 
Curlyminx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,892
Default

I giggle when I see this.
__________________

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
Curlyminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #63329
 
rouquinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 17,487
Send a message via ICQ to rouquinne Send a message via MSN to rouquinne
Default

i foresee another media circus trial coming to my courthouse next year (as if next week won't be bad enough)...

Man, woman charged with teacher

the father of that young lady works at our Sarnia courthouse, of course the defendants' lawyers will be asking for change of venue.

__________________
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
rouquinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #63330
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

anyway the partial reason I posted that is one, I'm tired of belonging to weeny hut junior, for being scared of someone who probably has moved on with their life

AND then I feel guilty for being an a55 to this person, like maybe I shouldn't have been so mean to him and then maybe I wouldn't be so scared. Because i did tell him to f**K off pretty much because he wouldn't stop calling and hanging up and harassing me. Kind of like how a teenage girl typically does to a guy in movies.

And I feel like I wonder if I have bad karma for leading him on, because I never liked him and I would talk to him like you would talk to a casual schoolmate or friend I had no interest in him. And then I think no one is ever gonna like me because of this bad karma. I don't know.



One time he told me that he found black people the most attractive, I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a pick up line, but it was the worst one on the planet, even in my high school brain that's like the ultimate, ummmm boy bye pick up line I've ever heard. Even if he looked like James Franco and said that, I'd have to diss him immediately for a line like that.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #63331
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

nynaeve, when you say "taking a break from FB" do you mean GONE-GONE?! Because I had something to post as a comment to the pickling thing you left on my timeline and I CAN'T FIND IT YOU'VE DISAPPEARED OMG IT'S GONE YOU HAVE TO COME BACK.

Since I can't find that post/you, I'll just put it here:

__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #63332
 
nynaeve77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,237
Default

Weird! I didn't know FB ate your posts if you disable your account. Random.

I'll be back in a few days (or tonight, if I can even make it that long...LOL). I just don't trust myself not to smart off about this thing with my in-laws. They didn't deserve what was done to them. Honestly, I feel like the pastor could've handled this a million times better. Because he basically fired my BIL and said, "Don't come back," everyone's going to assume my BIL did something awful because otherwise, they'd be having a going away party or taking up an offering to help them out or something. Instead, there's this cloud hanging over the situation because of how it was handled. It makes me so angry. My SIL and her family are good people. I've been in church long enough to know that people will speculate and gossip about them when they did nothing wrong but give of their time and lives to help people out.

Working for a church isn't just a 9-5 job that you can leave at the office. It involves going to every baby and bridal shower and funeral, plus volunteering your personal time and family time to help out at church functions. You visit sick people in the hospital and cook dinners. To just tell someone after 14 years of that kind of service, "Yeah, you shouldn't come back," and just cut them off from every relationship they've built over the years is so heartless and cold. It's not right. It could've been handled right. However, I don't want to make what they're going through worse because I want to open up a can of whoop-a$$ on some people.

I really want to post that t-shirt on my old pastor's FB page. This is how I know it's a good idea to take a break.
__________________
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
nynaeve77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #63333
 
NetG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyCanadian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
And it's obvious they can see that it keeps their drain clear, they just can't bring themselves to clean it out. Why is that so hard?
Boys don't like to touch their own "gunky product."

I'm so glad the coffee I was drinking when I read that had no cream in it.


This site is crashing my computer again. Seriously - it's NOT that hard to get ads to work without crashing people's computers. When ads = viruses, your revenue goes down because people start staying away from your site. Duh.


Also, note to self: You're at the top of page 1583. Hard to catch up with this thread!
__________________
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
NetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #63334
 
Curlyminx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,892
Default

My computer crashed and the anti-virus lit up two pages ago.

I hate what they've done to this site. It used to rule. Now the ads slow my phone, crash my computer... I just hate it.
__________________

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
Curlyminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #63335
OBB
 
OBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,158
Default


i like clouds in my coffee
OBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #63336
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

I never dreamed when I woke up this morning that it would be my lucky day: I now have TWO periodic tables to consult, instead of just one.


Hurray!
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #63337
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

I just reread my post and tried to think of a solution to my phobia of stupidness but I have no answer, can't I hire someone as a 24/7 life coach to tell me what to do and just be my brain and I can just be a mindless robot alien.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #63338
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaeve77 View Post
Weird! I didn't know FB ate your posts if you disable your account. Random.

I'll be back in a few days (or tonight, if I can even make it that long...LOL). I just don't trust myself not to smart off about this thing with my in-laws. They didn't deserve what was done to them. Honestly, I feel like the pastor could've handled this a million times better. Because he basically fired my BIL and said, "Don't come back," everyone's going to assume my BIL did something awful because otherwise, they'd be having a going away party or taking up an offering to help them out or something. Instead, there's this cloud hanging over the situation because of how it was handled. It makes me so angry. My SIL and her family are good people. I've been in church long enough to know that people will speculate and gossip about them when they did nothing wrong but give of their time and lives to help people out.

Working for a church isn't just a 9-5 job that you can leave at the office. It involves going to every baby and bridal shower and funeral, plus volunteering your personal time and family time to help out at church functions. You visit sick people in the hospital and cook dinners. To just tell someone after 14 years of that kind of service, "Yeah, you shouldn't come back," and just cut them off from every relationship they've built over the years is so heartless and cold. It's not right. It could've been handled right. However, I don't want to make what they're going through worse because I want to open up a can of whoop-a$$ on some people.

I really want to post that t-shirt on my old pastor's FB page. This is how I know it's a good idea to take a break.
Please pardon my ignorance, but can you get kicked out of church? I would go to church with BIL and the entire family as a sign of solidarity to let thoes people know you all aren't ashamed of anything. I don't know, I think people would make more assumptions if you all stopped going. Like you were hiding from something.

But like I said, I don't know what church you go to and I could be talking out of turn. Sorry if I am.
cailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #63339
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Churches, like any private group, can kick people out and not allow them back. We've done it with rowdy or thieving customers, and one fired employee, not that Nyn's BIL did anything wrong. I'm just giving our example.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #63340
 
nynaeve77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaeve77 View Post
Weird! I didn't know FB ate your posts if you disable your account. Random.

I'll be back in a few days (or tonight, if I can even make it that long...LOL). I just don't trust myself not to smart off about this thing with my in-laws. They didn't deserve what was done to them. Honestly, I feel like the pastor could've handled this a million times better. Because he basically fired my BIL and said, "Don't come back," everyone's going to assume my BIL did something awful because otherwise, they'd be having a going away party or taking up an offering to help them out or something. Instead, there's this cloud hanging over the situation because of how it was handled. It makes me so angry. My SIL and her family are good people. I've been in church long enough to know that people will speculate and gossip about them when they did nothing wrong but give of their time and lives to help people out.

Working for a church isn't just a 9-5 job that you can leave at the office. It involves going to every baby and bridal shower and funeral, plus volunteering your personal time and family time to help out at church functions. You visit sick people in the hospital and cook dinners. To just tell someone after 14 years of that kind of service, "Yeah, you shouldn't come back," and just cut them off from every relationship they've built over the years is so heartless and cold. It's not right. It could've been handled right. However, I don't want to make what they're going through worse because I want to open up a can of whoop-a$$ on some people.

I really want to post that t-shirt on my old pastor's FB page. This is how I know it's a good idea to take a break.
Please pardon my ignorance, but can you get kicked out of church? I would go to church with BIL and the entire family as a sign of solidarity to let thoes people know you all aren't ashamed of anything. I don't know, I think people would make more assumptions if you all stopped going. Like you were hiding from something.

But like I said, I don't know what church you go to and I could be talking out of turn. Sorry if I am.
They don't want any drama. I think right now they just want to lay low and lick their wounds.
__________________
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
nynaeve77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com