Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree18141Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #71321
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Plus one of the items was for my mom. I bought her a garlic press that will hopefully be easier on her hands than the one she has now.
I wanted to buy her a pair of the sandals I recently acquired in a different color. They're so beautiful and comfortable and so her style, but she's so finicky sometimes about shoes that I decided against it.
__________________
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #71322
 
legends's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
^ some people do. Sometimes thet smoke in small places, like a car. Sometimes they have it in their pocket. Smoking joints smells stronger. Some people don't smell at all if they're better at hiding it. I've had people smoke in the next room and I didn't even know. Stealth

I assume people who smell that bad just don't care if they smell.

I don't mind the smell. I'd much rather someone sit next to me reeking of weed than of cigarette smoke. That smell is just dirty. But then again I like the smell of skunk too.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
Reading the bolded, I was thinking, "What, does she like the smell of skunk, too?!"
__________________
Eres o te haces?
legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #71323
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

Today's funny episode:

I was walking Mia-Mimi, and happened upon two young boys crouched in a semi-hidden area on the next street over. They were kneeling on a blanket, looking terribly guilty.

"What are you two up to?" I asked. How bad was this?

And then I saw what they were doing: not drugs, not looking at porn, not hurting an animal (thank heavens) or another child, but rather simply stuffing their little faces with Thin Mints and Trefoil cookies just before dinner.

They said, "Please don't tell on us. Our Moms don't know we bought extra boxes." The words came out sounding sort of weird, since their mouths were so full.

I pretended to consider the matter carefully, and then I made them bribe me with a single Thin Mint. And then I walked away, laughing.
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #71324
 
curlysue21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,589
Default

Claudine I just read the story about the boy's sentencing in the death of your friend. I was just thinking about you and hope haven't been too upset today. At least he will be behind bars for a long time to think about what he did.
__________________
2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

curlysue21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #71325
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

Thank you, cs.

I think the boy who did it acted as he did today to gird himself against the pain of being sentenced and hearing the Impact Statements. Of course, I don't really know, but that's what I'm hoping.

I hate everything about the whole thing.
scrills likes this.
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #71326
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

curlypearl I was reading a passage of Sarah Silverman's book and I thought this sounds exactly as if I wrote it.

Then I thought maybe I should write a book aka sell my diary because my life is a joke (GET IT HAHAHAHAHA)


ummm then I thought maybe I should be a comedian and then I said. No.

I've just eaten cheese on cheese on cheese.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #71327
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
I spent about $300 on Amazon today. Y'all fall victim to Target, I can't say no to Amazon. The sandals I have been coveting and hoping would drop in price were down to just one pair left in stock. I couldn't take that chance! I mean, they were still down from their $175 original price. I just wanted them a tiny bit lower so they'd be more in the $100 range. Oh well.
Amazon is my crack.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #71328
 
curlysue21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudine19 View Post
Thank you, cs.

I think the boy who did it acted as he did today to gird himself against the pain of being sentenced and hearing the Impact Statements. Of course, I don't really know, but that's what I'm hoping.

I hate everything about the whole thing.
I hope you are right. And I hope one day he'll live to regret his words and ask the families for forgiveness. I think today he just acted out as a stupid selfish kid.
__________________
2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

curlysue21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #71329
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
^ some people do. Sometimes thet smoke in small places, like a car. Sometimes they have it in their pocket. Smoking joints smells stronger. Some people don't smell at all if they're better at hiding it. I've had people smoke in the next room and I didn't even know. Stealth

I assume people who smell that bad just don't care if they smell.

I don't mind the smell. I'd much rather someone sit next to me reeking of weed than of cigarette smoke. That smell is just dirty. But then again I like the smell of skunk too.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
Reading the bolded, I was thinking, "What, does she like the smell of skunk, too?!"

Lol, I do! Even as a kid. I mean if its too close, thats too much, even I gag, but sprayed skunk in the distance people are like, ugh, skunk! I'm like, oh, skunk.

Drives the boyfriend crazy.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
legends and Curlyminx like this.
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #71330
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

I have always scoffed at expensive purses. But then I saw some very pretty ones and not all covered with logos. But to pay that much for a purse? So when B and I were window shopping this weekend I show him the one I liked. Then from across the room under it! The cutest satchel purse. Smaller like I like. But they only had yellow, red and orange. I thought the black was navy. I was so excited for a minute. . The sales assoc came over and B asks if they come in other colors and the sales assoc goes yes. We have it in this blue and he points it out in another purse. The most beautiful blue ever. I ordered it. And now I am stalking the tracking.

My mom's estate closed last week so this is her gift to me on my 52nd birthday.

So pretty!! Thank you Mom 💞

Say It.  I Dare You.-imageuploadedbycurltalk1363736514.374626.jpg
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #71331
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Why do laundromats here close so early? 9 PM is ridiculously early.
Why does pretty much every street here get completely flooded the moment it snows making it a challenge to find where to step when crossing the street?
Why does a simple holiday (not even a federal holiday) essentially bring public transportation to a halt here?
OMG the number of times I daydream about getting my ass fired just so I can move back to NY is going to lead me to sabotage myself sooner or later.
spring1onu likes this.
__________________
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #71332
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
I have always scoffed at expensive purses. But then I saw some very pretty ones and not all covered with logos. But to pay that much for a purse? So when B and I were window shopping this weekend I show him the one I liked. Then from across the room under it! The cutest satchel purse. Smaller like I like. But they only had yellow, red and orange. I thought the black was navy. I was so excited for a minute. . The sales assoc came over and B asks if they come in other colors and the sales assoc goes yes. We have it in this blue and he points it out in another purse. The most beautiful blue ever. I ordered it. And now I am stalking the tracking.

My mom's estate closed last week so this is her gift to me on my 52nd birthday.

So pretty!! Thank you Mom ��

Attachment 33176
My limit is around the $350 range for how much I'm willing to pay, and even then I balk at paying more than $275.
I'm glad you ordered it. You should have something nice that you love!
ruralcurls likes this.
__________________

Last edited by Saria; 03-19-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #71333
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

This one was $228. 😮
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #71334
 
Curlyminx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,892
Default

XCPTNL

I love that purse!

Then again, I have a non-logo-leather-Coach-purse obsession.

murrrcat likes this.
__________________

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
Curlyminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #71335
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Ya, my price limit on a purse is $20.

Same for sandals.

I'm 34 and I still shop at thrift stores. I'd make my own clothes if I had a sewing machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
thelio likes this.
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #71336
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

I was sad they did not have it in the store. But I never would have asked about more colors. B is a great shopper!! I think it will be here tomorrow.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #71337
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyminx View Post
XCPTNL

I love that purse!

Then again, I have a non-logo-leather-Coach-purse obsession.

It is pretty huh? Thank you!!
Curlyminx likes this.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #71338
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
Why do laundromats here close so early? 9 PM is ridiculously early.
Why does pretty much every street here get completely flooded the moment it snows making it a challenge to find where to step when crossing the street?
Why does a simple holiday (not even a federal holiday) essentially bring public transportation to a halt here?
OMG the number of times I daydream about getting my ass fired just so I can move back to NY is going to lead me to sabotage myself sooner or later.

That is early. I mean I live in the suburbs and I think laundromats are open til 10 or 11.


And seriously, I know you love *****ing about Boston - I mean there was no hope in you *actually* liking it bc you complain about it so dang much - but you do realize that no other city is open all night like NYC, right? Even if it is a 'city'. NYC is in a class by itself. I thought everyone knew that. Otherwise, people wouldn't make such a big deal about it being NYC. No?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #71339
 
Springcurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 13,665
Default

I wonder when Miles' mom is coming back from New York. Right now she's there to meet the Nigerian doctor who's been sending her herbs for her "blood disorder."

I'm assuming that he won't be able to make it because the US won't let him in or some other reason that scammers use.
spring1onu, B-wavy and PerriP like this.
__________________


Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



Springcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #71340
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

ummmmm


I love cereal.
Curlyminx likes this.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com