Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree18135Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #73261
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9,336
Default

Multitasking is a crock. Brain imaging studies show that actually, we can only focus on a single thing at one time. It's just a buzzword. Always say "yes" to that dumb, obvious question. I mean, who would say no?

I hate interviews (ha ha) and I used to be the one who hired all the support staff for years at my previous job. I used to ply them with coffee and cookies and they opened up. I had been taught by someone smart that during the best interviews, you try to get the candidate to relax and speak honestly. That way you both figure out if the job is right for the candidate.
SCG, missbanjo and annabananalise like this.
__________________
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Experimenting with cones & sulfates while the dews are high. Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift

Last edited by curlypearl; 04-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.
curlypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #73262
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

Would someone like to go with me to the grocery store?

For some reason I feel like I need company today, which is very unlike me since I'm normally just fine doing things alone and usually prefer it.

What is old age doing to me?!?!
rouquinne, SCG and missbanjo like this.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #73263
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9,336
Default

Best of luck, SCG!!!
SCG and annabananalise like this.
__________________
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Experimenting with cones & sulfates while the dews are high. Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
curlypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #73264
SCG
 
SCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCG View Post
Omg. I so don't want to go to this interview tomorrow.

I fail at interviews. I accidentally lied at my Target interview. Like, what? Who does that?!


HAHAAHH.

When I got asked if I could multitask, I said Yes I can multitask.

No example or nothing.

I was so vague, I don't know how I got the job, I think they were desperate, I think they still are because I'm never able to make it to their training sessions yet they keep inviting me back.

goodluck!
Lol!

I'm really bad at giving specifics, you know? I panic when someone asks me to give them an example of _____, even though I probably have a million in my head somewhere. It's like... Give me about 2.5 minutes, and I'll have a bunch of examples for you! Just not right this instant!

Also, if I hear myself use one filler word (mostly "um") I start to get all bent out of shape and nervous about it. And then I use them MORE!
murrrcat likes this.
__________________

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #73265
 
scrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,281
Default

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
scrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #73266
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

today I watched open heart surgery, I mean no big deal, but the trainer for this job was telling me how you will see people die, bleed out, vaginas with giant abscesses the size of baseballs being popped, smelling like death.

Not sure if I want it. Part of me took it for panic because my parents won't let me live in post grad purgatory.

See I can deal with pictures, videos, but real life.......mmmmmmmmmmmm......I don't know.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #73267
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Quote:
WASHINGTON COUNTY, TN (WJHL/CNN) - A 2nd grade student has missed at least 24 days of school this school year, all because of what is described as her foul odor.
The school system has suspended the eight year-old multiple times since October because of that bad smell.
"They just say it's a foul odor," her mother Krystal Hensley said. "She takes a bath every day, but they ask her when the last time she took a bath was and she don't remember. She's been to the doctor and it's not a medical problem. They send her home at least once a month. You go to school to learn, not to be sent home."
According to several documents Hensley provided, the school system said this student's smell is disruptive, so bad in fact, that other students and teachers complain about it, saying they can't focus on school.
The school has warned if corrective measures aren't taken, the suspensions will continue.
That's awful for that child. Kids will go in on you if you smell in school, I remember I made my dad give this one kid deodorant and some of my brothers old clothes (he went to our church so it wasn't like crazy! or random!)


Maybe her clothes smell and it's not actually her, or her mom doesn't realize their house smells awful.

So not all schools have those little stores (not actual stores) with soap and toothpaste toothbrush fresh clothes, for kids? My friend teaches at a school and they had that.

And I remember in elementary I peed myself during nap time once and they gave me fresh clothes, they weren't mine and I wore them for picture day like months later. LOL. It was a sweet outfit.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #73268
 
The New Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,681
Default

I just had five bowls of Fiber Plus cereal. Each serving has 10g of fiber.

I'm not too bright. Colon blow!!
SCG and murrrcat like this.
__________________
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
The New Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #73269
 
scrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,281
Default

Yum

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Attached Thumbnails
Say It.  I Dare You.-uploadfromtaptalk1364932596428.jpg  
spring1onu and Curlyminx like this.
scrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #73270
 
rouquinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 17,485
Send a message via ICQ to rouquinne Send a message via MSN to rouquinne
Default

^^^*whew*

at least it's not a (whisper) cupcake!

spring1onu and B-wavy like this.
__________________
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
rouquinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #73271
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyminx View Post
Rou. You are right.

But you know how much it would put your co-workers into your business if you ended up needing to resolve your relationship in the criminal courts if you worked there daily.

While I'm not in the courthouse, attorneys here are. Every day. All day. I want to avoid that.

Aside from the fact that I will be registering a bunch of cops next week at the seminar my boss is holding.

Its just too shameful to do. I would rather attempt to do it more privately.
Minxy, I'm sorry you're going through this. Shame is what has kept women in abusive relationships for eons. I hope you don't think the abuse you're suffering is less dire because it's woman on woman. It's is still an abusive relationship and you deserve to be safe.

The police are not going to judge you for seeking help, they would rather have you go to the station under you're own power than to find out there's an issue from a 911 call.

If you're still not comfortable going to the police at least contact Jane Doe or some other abused women resources to get some advice/a professional to speak to.

Please.
cailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #73272
 
scrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,281
Default

Dear Rou (and other cupcake haters),

I'm sure you will be happy to hear that my cupcake love is over. After waiting the last couple of weeks to get my Easter order, I was greatly disappointed in the cupcakes that I most wanted. The Pineapple upside down cake had cherry frosty (GROSS) and the Crownie tasted like neither a cookie, a brownie or a cupcake (GROSS again)

So no more cupcake for me (Unless the flavor of the month sounds tempting)
rouquinne likes this.
scrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #73273
 
Curlyminx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,892
Default

OK. Everyone is right. I will take a step and get something done. I will talk to the attorney from yesterday and the partner that saw the misery I was in late last year and start setting up a game plan.

I will tell her that her welcome is well worn out. That she needs to circle her family wagons and come up with a plan to get herself out of my life and on to her own.

I will spend my time busy with my family and own life, and avoid any and all interactions until she is gone.

I won't wait any more. I can't wait any more.
B-wavy, scrills, SCG and 9 others like this.
__________________

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
Curlyminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #73274
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
Dear Rou (and other cupcake haters),

I'm sure you will be happy to hear that my cupcake love is over. After waiting the last couple of weeks to get my Easter order, I was greatly disappointed in the cupcakes that I most wanted. The Pineapple upside down cake had cherry frosty (GROSS) and the Crownie tasted like neither a cookie, a brownie or a cupcake (GROSS again)

So no more cupcake for me (Unless the flavor of the month sounds tempting)
You're not alone. I got kinda (gasp!) burned out on cupcakes. So much so I didn't even want any for my birthday (gasp!).

Sorry your cupcakes sucked!
scrills likes this.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #73275
 
TRBL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,143
Default

^^^ Wonder Twins Power.... ACTIVATE!

cailin, rouquinne and scrills like this.
__________________
When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

Last edited by TRBL; 04-02-2013 at 02:22 PM.
TRBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #73276
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Sooo someone just called my phone I didn't answer because it was on silent but they sent me a text message that says "call back you know who this is"...Voldemort?! Idk!

It's from my area code so must be my old stalker. I can only assume because I don't know anyone else on a creeper level.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #73277
SCG
 
SCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring1onu View Post
Would someone like to go with me to the grocery store?

For some reason I feel like I need company today, which is very unlike me since I'm normally just fine doing things alone and usually prefer it.

What is old age doing to me?!?!
I'm kind of lame and love to go grocery shopping! Wish I was closer, because I'd so go with you!

Also, Cali had nice grocery stores when I was there. I love a nice grocery store!
spring1onu likes this.
__________________

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #73278
 
KurlyKae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,971
Default

Minxy, first: ((((hugs))))

second: please stop and think for a minute. If one of your friends, including one of us on this board, were telling you about the very same things, what would you advise her? Would you say: "Wait. don't tell those cops and lawyers you see and trust on a regular basis know that you need their help." I don't think you would. I think you be telling her to "Go use those resources. RIGHT NOW. Don't let this go any further."

Sometimes, when a person is in the middle of a bad situation, it's very hard to see how to get out. I think this is one of them. You've been talking about this situation for months. You've been saying it's going to be over, but it's not. It's past time to take action. Please do this, for your health, safety and peace of mind.

Please.
__________________
3a/2c
Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
KurlyKae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #73279
 
curlylaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
Sooo someone just called my phone I didn't answer because it was on silent but they sent me a text message that says "call back you know who this is"...Voldemort?! Idk!

It's from my area code so must be my old stalker. I can only assume because I don't know anyone else on a creeper level.
Did you reply with 'Voldemort?' Because that would be awesome.
__________________
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
curlylaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #73280
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spring1onu View Post
Would someone like to go with me to the grocery store?

For some reason I feel like I need company today, which is very unlike me since I'm normally just fine doing things alone and usually prefer it.

What is old age doing to me?!?!
I'm kind of lame and love to go grocery shopping! Wish I was closer, because I'd so go with you!

Also, Cali had nice grocery stores when I was there. I love a nice grocery store!
The one I shop at most often isn't super nice, but there is one in the next town that is and when I feel like a nicer experience I go there. So if you were with me we'd go grab a coffee drink and head to the nicer one even though I have a short list.

(no worries y'all, I totally realize how sad it is one of the happy things in my life is going a little farther to the nicer grocery store sometimes)
B-wavy and SCG like this.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com