Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree18902Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #73721
 
spring1onu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
Do they make those? They should.
They don't, but I'm pretty crafty.
rouquinne likes this.
__________________




Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! .
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
spring1onu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #73722
 
kayb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,166
Default

I now know why I got along so well with one of my lecturers from last semester. I don't put up with foolishness.

One of my classmates had a presentation today. He was 10 minutes late, and best believe I chewed him out. I didn't care if the lecturer was there (which she was) but I got **** to do, don't be showing up to a presentation late.

On top of that he had 43 slides for a one hour presentation. He read verbatim EVERY SINGLE SLIDE, and I was not having it.

At the end of the class guess what? He wasn't finished and asked to continue on Tuesday and the lectuer said yes. I woulda told his ass no.

This cannot be graduate students.
__________________
I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
"
kayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #73723
 
kayb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,166
Default

Oh, lard. I am craving more lemon cookies!

I brought some Samoas to work today and the coworkers loved them!!! They couldn't eat just one. They kept asking, "what's in these?!!! Why are they so good?!"

__________________
I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
"
kayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #73724
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves View Post


You are scaring me. You need to get some help. It's not OK to just stay so unhappy like that. Please do something to get help.

I woke up to a phone call on Jan 2nd that my dad died, very unexpectedly. There was no warning, no idea, no chance to say goodbye. My last phone call to him lasted 6 minutes bc it was Christmas and I was busy. I can talk to someone about it til I'm blue. Nothing is gonna fix it, and nothing can make me understand it. I hold myself together for my children. And thats all.

Like I said, some days I'm able to carry on fine, but those are the days I am able to put it out of my head.

The rest of my life I see as 'good'. Some days I just can't get there.

OK. I understand now. You're right...nothing is going to fix it. But time will ease it a bit. It really will.

I try to look at these things with the long-term perspective that I've gotten from being a parent for a very long time. If I were to die suddenly, I wouldn't want any of my children grieving over the fact that they didn't say goodbye to me or that they were too busy to give me much attention during our last encounters. I've been their parent forever, not just for the last phone call. The sum total of our relationship isn't judged on that last bit of business. It's much deeper than that. I've loved them always, not just during our last 6 minute phone call. Our shared 12-25 year histories means they don't have to regret anything. I'd want them to go forward with a clear conscience. I'm fairly sure most parents feel that way. Unfortunately, none of us gets out of here without losing ones we love.

I'm sorry about the deep loss you're feeling. Truly. Feel free to snot on me anytime.
Augh, you jerk. Do you know how much that made me cry?

I know. You're right. And that was such a beautiful thing to say. I consider myself a very rational person (foot detoxification jokes aside), and I remind myself all the 'right' things all the time. My dad was crude and macho, but he was a very simple, understanding, deep man. I can hear him saying to me all! the things that you said. We had a tough relationship when I was growing up, but as an adult we had a very close and honest relationship. I can focus on that and be thankful for that. But damn it, it hurts. Life sucks sometimes.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
rouquinne and scrills like this.
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #73725
 
RedCatWaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 31,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post


I woke up to a phone call on Jan 2nd that my dad died, very unexpectedly. There was no warning, no idea, no chance to say goodbye. My last phone call to him lasted 6 minutes bc it was Christmas and I was busy. I can talk to someone about it til I'm blue. Nothing is gonna fix it, and nothing can make me understand it. I hold myself together for my children. And thats all.

Like I said, some days I'm able to carry on fine, but those are the days I am able to put it out of my head.

The rest of my life I see as 'good'. Some days I just can't get there.

OK. I understand now. You're right...nothing is going to fix it. But time will ease it a bit. It really will.

I try to look at these things with the long-term perspective that I've gotten from being a parent for a very long time. If I were to die suddenly, I wouldn't want any of my children grieving over the fact that they didn't say goodbye to me or that they were too busy to give me much attention during our last encounters. I've been their parent forever, not just for the last phone call. The sum total of our relationship isn't judged on that last bit of business. It's much deeper than that. I've loved them always, not just during our last 6 minute phone call. Our shared 12-25 year histories means they don't have to regret anything. I'd want them to go forward with a clear conscience. I'm fairly sure most parents feel that way. Unfortunately, none of us gets out of here without losing ones we love.

I'm sorry about the deep loss you're feeling. Truly. Feel free to snot on me anytime.
Augh, you jerk. Do you know how much that made me cry?

I know. You're right. And that was such a beautiful thing to say. I consider myself a very rational person (foot detoxification jokes aside), and I remind myself all the 'right' things all the time. My dad was crude and macho, but he was a very simple, understanding, deep man. I can hear him saying to me all! the things that you said. We had a tough relationship when I was growing up, but as an adult we had a very close and honest relationship. I can focus on that and be thankful for that. But damn it, it hurts. Life sucks sometimes.


He knew you loved him. Parents know it. And, yeah, it really does hurt. Bad. Don't go sabotaging your life because of that pain. That would just screw up everything he hoped for for you.

Sorry to make you cry. Apparently I've made both you and CP cry tonight. So out of character for me. I should shut up now.

My sister-in-law, who lost her only son as a young adult, grieved hard for him. She told me one thing that really helped her was to work on guiding her dreams at night while sleeping. She wanted his presence in her dreams and she was able to get it to work by thinking of him and their shared memories as she was going to sleep, so that those images and stories would stay fresh and hopefully become part of her dreamscape. Ten+ years later, she still does this, and he is regularly in her dreams. It comforts her. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you're interested.
B-wavy likes this.
RedCatWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #73726
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves View Post


OK. I understand now. You're right...nothing is going to fix it. But time will ease it a bit. It really will.

I try to look at these things with the long-term perspective that I've gotten from being a parent for a very long time. If I were to die suddenly, I wouldn't want any of my children grieving over the fact that they didn't say goodbye to me or that they were too busy to give me much attention during our last encounters. I've been their parent forever, not just for the last phone call. The sum total of our relationship isn't judged on that last bit of business. It's much deeper than that. I've loved them always, not just during our last 6 minute phone call. Our shared 12-25 year histories means they don't have to regret anything. I'd want them to go forward with a clear conscience. I'm fairly sure most parents feel that way. Unfortunately, none of us gets out of here without losing ones we love.

I'm sorry about the deep loss you're feeling. Truly. Feel free to snot on me anytime.
Augh, you jerk. Do you know how much that made me cry?

I know. You're right. And that was such a beautiful thing to say. I consider myself a very rational person (foot detoxification jokes aside), and I remind myself all the 'right' things all the time. My dad was crude and macho, but he was a very simple, understanding, deep man. I can hear him saying to me all! the things that you said. We had a tough relationship when I was growing up, but as an adult we had a very close and honest relationship. I can focus on that and be thankful for that. But damn it, it hurts. Life sucks sometimes.


He knew you loved him. Parents know it. And, yeah, it really does hurt. Bad. Don't go sabotaging your life because of that pain. That would just screw up everything he hoped for for you.

Sorry to make you cry. Apparently I've made both you and CP cry tonight. So out of character for me. I should shut up now.

My sister-in-law, who lost her only son as a young adult, grieved hard for him. She told me one thing that really helped her was to work on guiding her dreams at night while sleeping. She wanted his presence in her dreams and she was able to get it to work by thinking of him and their shared memories as she was going to sleep, so that those images and stories would stay fresh and hopefully become part of her dreamscape. Ten+ years later, she still does this, and he is regularly in her dreams. It comforts her. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you're interested.
My dad and I were connected on a very deep level. We were so alike he knew my behavior and what I was thinking. The night he died I woke up with a piercing headache and I could not ge the back to sleep. I was tense and my mind wandered and I had a ringing in my ear...

I can not dream about him. Can't. It just won't come.

Anyway. I know this stuff comes and goes. I'll snap out of it - until the next time. And my dad did anything for me. He would've killed someone for me. So I know if it came down to me, or my kids, he would've chosen him to go in a second.

Alright, I'm probably done blubbering for now. Thank you for your words of wisdom. I needed them. Youre good at this. I'll be sure to call on you next time I'm breaking down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #73727
Speckla
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spring1onu View Post
iroc, I'm so very sorry. {{{{iroc}}}}
Thanks for the hug. But if this was real life I'd just end up blowing my nose on your shoulder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
That's why we have two shoulders! ((hugs))
spring1onu likes this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #73728
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckla View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spring1onu View Post
iroc, I'm so very sorry. {{{{iroc}}}}
Thanks for the hug. But if this was real life I'd just end up blowing my nose on your shoulder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
That's why we have two shoulders! ((hugs))

One wet, and one dry!

Thank you.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #73729
 
scrills's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,552
Default

IROC!!!! RCW!!!!!

Stop it!!! You are both making me cry!!!!!


(((Iroc)))). I don't really have much to offer in the way of advice. I'm not doing much better than you. I've been living in complete denial. When I remember, I force myself to forget. When I start to tear up, I make myself stuff (unless I'm alone at night). I won't even speak of my mom in past tense and I get PISSED if anyone else does.

I think RCW gave you wonderful advice.

In the exhausted thread, you told me to take care of myself. I'm going to tell you to do the same.
scrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #73730
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,735
Default

RCW, I must say - there have been some posts of yours lately in this and a couple other threads where I'm like "heyyyy who is this and where is RCW?!"
You're becoming soft!!
B-wavy and scrills like this.
__________________
"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #73731
Speckla
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckla View Post
Imma redhead again.
Once you go red, you can't ever truly go back.
I agree. Red is the best color for me.
I have been a henna head since Oct 2008. I'm out of henna now so I used a box red. I'm ordering some more henna tomorrow.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #73732
 
RedCatWaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 31,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
RCW, I must say - there have been some posts of yours lately in this and a couple other threads where I'm like "heyyyy who is this and where is RCW?!"
You're becoming soft!!


I've always been soft. But I also embrace my inner b*tch. I'm well-balanced.
scrills and Rubber Biscuit like this.
RedCatWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #73733
Speckla
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

iroc*,
You're amazing, ya know that? A little birdy whispered some good advice to me the other day. She was right and she isn't alone in this. We can cry, mourn, laugh, get angry, or have a good time here. *
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #73734
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckla View Post
iroc*,
You're amazing, ya know that? A little birdy whispered some good advice to me the other day. She was right and she isn't alone in this. We can cry, mourn, laugh, get angry, or have a good time here. *

thanks honey. Its hard to take our own advice.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #73735
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
RCW, I must say - there have been some posts of yours lately in this and a couple other threads where I'm like "heyyyy who is this and where is RCW?!"
You're becoming soft!!


I've always been soft. But I also embrace my inner b*tch. I'm well-balanced.
I don't embrace my inner b*tch enough. I'm still a doormat. I'm working on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #73736
 
iroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrills View Post
IROC!!!! RCW!!!!!

Stop it!!! You are both making me cry!!!!!


(((Iroc)))). I don't really have much to offer in the way of advice. I'm not doing much better than you. I've been living in complete denial. When I remember, I force myself to forget. When I start to tear up, I make myself stuff (unless I'm alone at night). I won't even speak of my mom in past tense and I get PISSED if anyone else does.

I think RCW gave you wonderful advice.

In the exhausted thread, you told me to take care of myself. I'm going to tell you to do the same.

Ya, I won't speak of him in past tense either. When I was there for his viewing, some nice truck driver was talking to us in the hotel lounge. He asked what brought us to NC and I went on about visiting family. Total denial.

Bf never said anything. He lost his dad to brain cancer. If I was with my ex I wouldve been committed by now. Having someone around who's been through it is huge.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
B-wavy and scrills like this.
__________________
iroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #73737
 
annabananalise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat180 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabananalise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat180 View Post
Who in the hell brushes their teeth before breakfast?! O_o
I do

Before and after.

I shower and get dressed before before eating and I cant tolerate morning breath so I have to get rid of it right after I wake up
How can you eat or drink anything after brushing your teeth? Shudder.
By the time I finishing showering/getting dressed the minty fresh taste is pretty much gone. Lol I take loooong showers.
Rubber Biscuit and ruralcurls like this.
__________________
Last relaxer: 8.4.10
BC: 9.6.11

when will your favs?

annabananalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #73738
Speckla
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckla View Post
iroc*,
You're amazing, ya know that? A little birdy whispered some good advice to me the other day. She was right and she isn't alone in this. We can cry, mourn, laugh, get angry, or have a good time here. *

thanks honey. Its hard to take our own advice.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
Sometimes ya gotta take the advice with a pint of ice cream.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #73739
SCG
 
SCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,109
Default

I just heated up some leftovers for dinner, and my quinoa-to-chicken ratio was way off. In the best way possible. I love me some quinoa.
__________________

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #73740
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabananalise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat180 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabananalise View Post

I do

Before and after.

I shower and get dressed before before eating and I cant tolerate morning breath so I have to get rid of it right after I wake up
How can you eat or drink anything after brushing your teeth? Shudder.
By the time I finishing showering/getting dressed the minty fresh taste is pretty much gone. Lol I take loooong showers.
Same here. I can't eat first thing when I wake up, so by the time I'm done showering, getting dressed, and doing my hair and make up, it's been at least 30 minutes (but closer to 60!) by the time I actually eat.

It is pretty gross eating stuff just after brushing
annabananalise likes this.
__________________
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
- Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com