Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Like Tree18145Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #74521
 
Fifi.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,307
Default

Nice bike, Mojo.


Pretty top, Rou (I can only see 1 pic).


Yes!! Hearing that you are in jail has made my day. Now if the people who brought you to my area would kindly return you, things would be much better.


It is yucky outside now. Dark, gloomy, high winds, and chilly. I would not be offended if everyone stayed home, drinking apple juice, while smiling. Never going to happen, but a girl can dream.
__________________
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Fifi.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #74522
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

And you!

Maybe if you hadn't annoyed me so much, with many pestering emails and a demand that I come to you though you want the gadget I'm selling, we'd have worked it out.

Now you can get lost.
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #74523
 
Fifi.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,307
Default

^ Get em'!

I can not stop laughing at a friends FB status. She just listed a few things she said to her children, and how old it made her feel as a result. No matter how hard I try, I can not see her pulling off, "I will have no sass mouthing!" with a straight face.
__________________
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Fifi.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #74524
 
SunshineGrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_sasparilla View Post
My heart goes out to Figjam's family. I hope they have as many people around to comfort them as there are curlies on here saddened by the news.






Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralcurls View Post
I am pretty sure we have completely and totally corrupted CurlyEyes.
I MUST KNOW WHAT THIS REFERS TO. MUST.


I am so sick of my father telling me I don't want to get better. Because I couldn't magically bypass waiting times for doctor appointments for physical problems, because I don't have movie depression, because I don't bow down and declare him a genius whenever he comes to me telling me what I *should* do about something, etc. Honestly, is there a subject he can't twist into this? And it's not like I can just not engage. He just comes into my room to tell me things. This last time, it started out completely harmless. A cool TV dad suggesting his daughter try gentle yoga when she can't sleep wouldn't respond to a confirmation that she's heard this and a mention that she's familiar with the fast flow stuff but not so much with the gentle kind by talking down to her ("Do you understand what I'm saying?" OMG GERBILS WOULD GET IT, IT'S NOT THAT DEEP) and would certainly not respond to her subsequent indications that she wanted to end the now-patronizing conversation by exclaiming, "You just don't want to do things to help yourself!" If I didn't want to help myself, I wouldn't be trying to limit my interactions with you.

I wish I had a Giles. Specifically the Giles from before Whedon decided that relationship couldn't stay happy and healthy.
Yeah, I know this was a few pages back, but I wanted you to know that I have the same situation with my dad. He has the "sit down" where he tells me he thinks I'm milking my sickness or he thinks I'm faking it or whatever. He thinks I'm going to lose my job or some such whatever.

I come back at him (because, you know, I'm such a shrinking violet) and tell him that he does this to me ever time I get sick. He sits me down and tells me he thinks I'm faking it or that I'm not as sick as I'm making it out to me and then I get sick enough to land me in the hospital with life threatening sickness right after he has "the talk" with me.

He argues back that it hasn't been the time frame (it usually runs in 2 years cycles...seriously, THAT'S your argument back?!) and he thinks I just don't want to go to work. Yep, dad, you're right. Because I would so much rather lay in bed and watch netflix miserably in bed than go and have fun with my coworkers at work. That's EXACTLY why I'm not going in to work. Because I want to jeopardize my job and be sick all day at work.

People who aren't sick don't get it and they think they're helping by giving you a lecture about getting up and doing something about it. They don't get that you can't get up and do something about it because it makes what you have worse.

Incidentally, the day we had "the talk," I ended up in the ER with suspected mini-strokes instead of just seizures (on top of every other medical malady I have, too). Scared the crap out of me and I'm sure the parentals. He wouldn't take me, made my mom take me (because I'm living with them now because I can't drive and they live less than a block away from my work) and hasn't talked to me since...I may as well be invisible to him. Never a word of apology. Never a word of "gee, I guess I was wrong and you weren't milking it or faking it." Nothing.

So I get completely where you're coming from and I wish I could say it gets better, but it never has for me. I do my thing and am looking for an apartment close as can be to work so I can get out of my parents house (I can't live here after that confrontation). Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Find support where you need to, not necessarily in your family if they won't give it to you and do what you need to do to keep as healthy and functional as you can. Don't let anybody make you feel bad for being sick. It's not your fault.
__________________
2B...ish
http://public.fotki.com/SunshineGrrl/ pw: drama
Products
This area is under construction as my hair type changed and nothing works well for me. I shampoo, I condition and pretty much have done nothing but chuck my hair in a messy bun for the past oh...year? Yeah, I'm that lazy.

No...going no-poo or CG does not work for me. It leaves me overconditioned and oily in a second no matter what I use, so that's not what's not working.
SunshineGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #74525
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

Wow ---- that's.....that's really horrible, SunshineG.

I hope you're okay.
rouquinne and TRBL like this.
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #74526
 
SunshineGrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudine19 View Post
Wow ---- that's.....that's really horrible, SunshineG.

I hope you're okay.
Sorry, that wasn't a post for sympathy.

I'm fine. I'm back at work and love it. There are scary times, because I don't know what to expect, but overall with my parents, I just spend time in my room and have little to no interaction with my parents.

I just wanted the previous poster to know that they're not alone and other people are getting the same crap from their parents when they themselves are really sick. Don't listen to the parents, stick up for yourself and they will eventually figure out what's wrong.
__________________
2B...ish
http://public.fotki.com/SunshineGrrl/ pw: drama
Products
This area is under construction as my hair type changed and nothing works well for me. I shampoo, I condition and pretty much have done nothing but chuck my hair in a messy bun for the past oh...year? Yeah, I'm that lazy.

No...going no-poo or CG does not work for me. It leaves me overconditioned and oily in a second no matter what I use, so that's not what's not working.
SunshineGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #74527
 
Fifi.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,307
Default

Does anyone else have that friend who is far more than a friend? She's your sister, or at least she may as well be. I have been on the outs with my sister for several years now. I still love her, because she is family, but I just can not deal with the person she has become. She continues to disappoint. She has now entered into a business with rather trashy advertising. She can pose on cars to promote a business all she wants. I am not one to get huffy over what grown women choose to do, but given the type of business... It is stupid and potentially dangerous. It's the wrong crowd to expose yourself to and the constant party mentioned on the business site is not wise either. There is absolutely no way to take them seriously, when they need to be.

Meanwhile she has no idea why her offsprings always in trouble and in and out of juvenile centers.
__________________
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 04-14-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Fifi.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #74528
 
Fifi.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,307
Default

It's a good thing she is 12 hours away. She worries me enough from that distance. I could not take having her back home.


In other news... People are kind tonight.
__________________
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Fifi.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #74529
 
The New Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,683
Default

Sometimes I hate people.
Nej and maria_i like this.
__________________
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
The New Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #74530
 
missbanjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,907
Send a message via Yahoo to missbanjo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi.G View Post
Does anyone else have that friend who is far more than a friend? She's your sister, or at least she may as well be.
Yup, we call each other sister from another mother.

I'm not on the outs with my formerly closest sister but I just can't stand the way she is now. I see what she does to her daughter, the same crap our mom did to me and I just get so mad at her.
__________________
Southern Colorado Curly
Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
missbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #74531
 
Josephine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 16,555
Default

Another really bad day. This ****ing sux. Why do really good things come with really bad?
Josephine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #74532
Nej
 
Nej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
Sometimes I hate people.
Sometimes?
__________________
Nej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #74533
 
TRBL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post

I know I can't see your face, but you look nothing like I thought you would!
What were you imagining? :-)
Nothing bad.

I thought you were older. And black. Or at least non white. And I have no idea why I would assume that. But blonde was def not what I was thinking.

This kinda makes me feel good. I'm taking it to mean that I come off as mature, and that I don't come off as a spoiled, priviledged snot.

Now I'm curious though, how old did you think I was, and how old do you think I am? (no looking for other posts where I've talked about my age! :-P )
__________________
When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy
TRBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #74534
 
rouquinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 17,487
Send a message via ICQ to rouquinne Send a message via MSN to rouquinne
Default

OMG!

one of our courthouses is shut down due to an ant infestation!

__________________
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
rouquinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #74535
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

Dear Dr.,

Please give me my test results before my head EFFING EXPLODES.

Thank you.
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #74536
 
TRBL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,147
Default

{{{deenie}}}

Waiting sucks.
curlypearl likes this.
__________________
When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy
TRBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #74537
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9,346
Default

Rou, the ants are after you. They like sweet.
rouquinne and spring1onu like this.
__________________
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Experimenting with cones & sulfates while the dews are high. Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
curlypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #74538
 
rouquinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 17,487
Send a message via ICQ to rouquinne Send a message via MSN to rouquinne
Default

awww... cp!



except, it isn't the courthouse i work in. it's the one in the bieber idiot's hometown!

__________________
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
rouquinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #74539
 
cympreni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,026
Default

Welp, still can't drink coke. The one time I didn't have my husband test it first.
cympreni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #74540
 
claudine19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,707
Default

All is fine; no changes. Thanks for the good wishes.

(I was picturing my head bursting like a rotting pumpkin, with seeds and guts all over. And then me being me, I wondered, "Would the dogs eat pumpkin guts?")
__________________

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
claudine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com