Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree19279Likes

pulling weeds all day = sneezing all night

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
^^^yes!



shameless self-promotion coming up...

short blog entry today for anyone reading my blog!

Originally Posted by rouquinne
Very jealous reading that - we're still in the 90s here...
Modified CG since Dec 2011
Growing out super short cut

High porosity, fine, unknown curl type, somewhere in the 2s at the moment
Mostly low poo
Current rotation includes:
Wash: Yes To Carrots -Condition: Yes to Cucumber, Nature's Gate Jojoba, One C - Stylers: Deva volumizing foam, Deva UDG B'Leave In, Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl spray
I'm grumpy.
My commute that normally takes me 35 minutes or so in the mornings (sometimes 40) - has been close to an hour the past week and a half.
So, this morning I made sure I left ON TIME (not a couple of minutes after TIME, because it really can make a difference)
No. took me an hour.

BUT, not only that, I'm driving along (well, mostly sitting there) and the radio informs me that the toll road prices have gone up, effective today. $2 more each way. All the other tolls went up by 5-15 CENTS. The road I take by $2 more. They did this a few months ago, so I exit one exit earlier, etc - but no, this morning my toll doubled from 1.70 to 3.40. So mad. I figure it's going to cost me close to $80 more per month. Is it doable? yes - am I going to do that? HELL NO.
I'm so annoyed that I'm boycotting the tollroad - possibly cutting my nose off to spite my face - but I'm not paying $80 more a month to drive a road that's been taking me nearly an hour to get to work anyway. I'll just get up even earlier.

Grumpy Grumpy
CurlyCanadian likes this.
Modified CG since Dec 2011
Growing out super short cut

High porosity, fine, unknown curl type, somewhere in the 2s at the moment
Mostly low poo
Current rotation includes:
Wash: Yes To Carrots -Condition: Yes to Cucumber, Nature's Gate Jojoba, One C - Stylers: Deva volumizing foam, Deva UDG B'Leave In, Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl spray
Besides Australia, must have something to do with all the snow!!!

World's happiest nations are... - CNN.com
rouquinne likes this.
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn
That's awful, Perri
rouquinne, PerriP and claudine191 like this.
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn
I effing hate traffic.

I feel your pain, PerriP.

Stick it to the Man!
B-wavy and PerriP like this.

http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
Very jealous reading that - we're still in the 90s here...
Originally Posted by PerriP
if it will help at all, tomorrow we are going up to 91 with a humidex of 107.



by Friday, we are going to drop to an incredible 14C/59F.
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
Very jealous reading that - we're still in the 90s here...
Originally Posted by PerriP
if it will help at all, tomorrow we are going up to 91 with a humidex of 107.



by Friday, we are going to drop to an incredible 14C/59F.
Originally Posted by rouquinne
oh goodness - that kind of drop is not nice!
Modified CG since Dec 2011
Growing out super short cut

High porosity, fine, unknown curl type, somewhere in the 2s at the moment
Mostly low poo
Current rotation includes:
Wash: Yes To Carrots -Condition: Yes to Cucumber, Nature's Gate Jojoba, One C - Stylers: Deva volumizing foam, Deva UDG B'Leave In, Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl spray
Help! I woke up to several text from my freaking out friend. Do you think massage therapy would be a good career choice? No, no I don't. We do have several spa's for average Joe to rich and famous here, but think about our friend who went through the program, graduated at the top of her class, is still at her old job, and has only been able to work part time at it. Also, she's spent $$$ to keep up her cert's, for many years now. People cut out extras like that when having a harder time paying the bills. And massages are an extra in 90% of cases.

We've had this talk before. I hate it when he decided to go back to school, because he freaking hates school. He just looks at it through rose colored glasses when stressed. And no matter what you say, he gets defensive. You're 39, we both old enough to know you can still hate a job you love, pick wisely, and how is fryers being added to the kitchen of your current job corporate again?

I am at a loss.

** It really is a round and round with him. He freaks out about waiting tables at least once in a 7-10 year period, goes back to school, has a complete melt down, quits school (just like he did at 16), and goes back to waiting tables. He forgets about the cycle he has been stuck in for years. He says he couldn't live off of $12-15 an hour. I don't know what to tell him. Most jobs here don't pay major $. He's never spent his money wisely and normally doesn't worry about rent until the weekend before it's due. He used to bum it off friends so at least he's made progress. He can't work an 8-5, M-F job because he has headaches. He can't do corporate because it's uncomfortable. He calls things corporate that are not. He shoot everything down, and picks things he has no chance getting a job at. I feel like his parent, and I am not. Eeeeeee
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-09-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Help! I woke up to several text from my freaking out friend. Do you think massage therapy would be a good career choice? No, no I don't. We do have several spa's for average Joe to rich and famous here, but think about our friend who went through the program, graduated at the top of her class, is still at her old job, and has only been able to work part time at it. Also, she's spent $$$ to keep up her cert's, for many years now. People cut out extras like that when having a harder time paying the bills. And massages are an extra in 90% of cases.

We've had this talk before. I hate it when he decided to go back to school, because he freaking hates school. He just looks at it through rose colored glasses when stressed. And no matter what you say, he gets defensive. You're 39, we both old enough to know you can still hate a job you love, pick wisely, and how is fryers being added to the kitchen of your current job corporate again?

I am at a loss.

** It really is a round and round with him. He freaks out about waiting tables at least once in a 7-10 year period, goes back to school, has a complete melt down, quits school (just like he did at 16), and goes back to waiting tables. He forgets about the cycle he has been stuck in for years. He says he couldn't live off of $12-15 an hour. I don't know what to tell him. Most jobs here don't pay major $. He's never spent his money wisely and normally doesn't worry about rent until the weekend before it's due. He used to bum it off friends so at least he's made progress. He can't work an 8-5, M-F job because he has headaches. He can't do corporate because it's uncomfortable. He calls things corporate that are not. He shoot everything down, and picks things he has no chance getting a job at. I feel like his parent, and I am not. Eeeeeee
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
Exhale.

I hate this type of feeling. My brother can't seem to get it together, always broke, always needing help, etc etc - and he won't even go back to school - he tried and didn't understand something, threw a fit and didn't continue - so here we are, two years later and he's in the same boat (he had a very good job with a private company but when that company closed its doors, he realized that he did need a degree/certification of some sort to be hire-able in his mid-40s).

I don't have any words of wisdom other than to remind you that your job is to be a friend, not to parent - and if it's making you crazy it's okay to NOT engage. "Let me know what you decide to do" is a perfectly acceptable response.
Modified CG since Dec 2011
Growing out super short cut

High porosity, fine, unknown curl type, somewhere in the 2s at the moment
Mostly low poo
Current rotation includes:
Wash: Yes To Carrots -Condition: Yes to Cucumber, Nature's Gate Jojoba, One C - Stylers: Deva volumizing foam, Deva UDG B'Leave In, Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl spray
*sigh* one does not simply exercise with a "starving" cat.

I have a cold, so I was just planning on doing just a quick light workout. There was a small amount of food left in the bag this morning, so I thought it could wait a bit. Silly me.
CurlyCanadian likes this.
Help! I woke up to several text from my freaking out friend. Do you think massage therapy would be a good career choice? No, no I don't. We do have several spa's for average Joe to rich and famous here, but think about our friend who went through the program, graduated at the top of her class, is still at her old job, and has only been able to work part time at it. Also, she's spent $$$ to keep up her cert's, for many years now. People cut out extras like that when having a harder time paying the bills. And massages are an extra in 90% of cases.

We've had this talk before. I hate it when he decided to go back to school, because he freaking hates school. He just looks at it through rose colored glasses when stressed. And no matter what you say, he gets defensive. You're 39, we both old enough to know you can still hate a job you love, pick wisely, and how is fryers being added to the kitchen of your current job corporate again?

I am at a loss.

** It really is a round and round with him. He freaks out about waiting tables at least once in a 7-10 year period, goes back to school, has a complete melt down, quits school (just like he did at 16), and goes back to waiting tables. He forgets about the cycle he has been stuck in for years. He says he couldn't live off of $12-15 an hour. I don't know what to tell him. Most jobs here don't pay major $. He's never spent his money wisely and normally doesn't worry about rent until the weekend before it's due. He used to bum it off friends so at least he's made progress. He can't work an 8-5, M-F job because he has headaches. He can't do corporate because it's uncomfortable. He calls things corporate that are not. He shoot everything down, and picks things he has no chance getting a job at. I feel like his parent, and I am not. Eeeeeee
Originally Posted by Fifi.G
Exhale.

I hate this type of feeling. My brother can't seem to get it together, always broke, always needing help, etc etc - and he won't even go back to school - he tried and didn't understand something, threw a fit and didn't continue - so here we are, two years later and he's in the same boat (he had a very good job with a private company but when that company closed its doors, he realized that he did need a degree/certification of some sort to be hire-able in his mid-40s).

I don't have any words of wisdom other than to remind you that your job is to be a friend, not to parent - and if it's making you crazy it's okay to NOT engage. "Let me know what you decide to do" is a perfectly acceptable response.
Originally Posted by PerriP
It's just been so many years of it, and he really is a smart guy but he says, "I can't" to everything. He says he can't work the same job anymore, he gets in school and says he can't do it, he goes back to the uncomfortable comfort zone He can have the lowest and highest (or unrealistic) expectations at the exact same time. He sets them high where he should really tone it down a bit (just because of the facts when it comes to jobs and income here), and sets everything else so very low. He can do so much more than he thinks, he just won't follow through. He's scared to. He does have issues with migraines, but at the same time he has never tried working in a different environment to see how it goes. He just assumes he can't do more than the minimum because he really doesn't want to yet he can't stand it either. He's a ball of confusion I have typically been more let me know what you are going to do, for years, but I feel like I have done him no favors. He's never had involved parents. All 3 of their kids quit school. They were never around. I really wish he would stop saying no, and at least give a maybe...

I backed away from the conversation a bit ago. I told him I loved him, he deserves more credit than he gives himself, and I know he can do more than he thinks.

And thank you, Perri He is more like family to me so... We can get brutally honest, quickly.
PerriP likes this.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-09-2013 at 11:29 AM.
*sigh* one does not simply exercise with a "starving" cat.

I have a cold, so I was just planning on doing just a quick light workout. There was a small amount of food left in the bag this morning, so I thought it could wait a bit. Silly me.
Originally Posted by cympreni
No, you can not get anything done with a hungry cat. They will go full on nervous breakdown in a second.

Hope you get over your cold quickly.
rouquinne likes this.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

So I somehow ended up on an infomercial, which I hate, but I am kind of impressed with a hair styling tool that uses ions and does not get hot to the touch. People with pixie cuts are using it.

(It's the perfecter fusion styler, btw)

Of course they are now getting into the evils of frizzy, curly hair. I don't like bit, but if you are one who still straightens or styles fairly easy, a no heat option is a good thing. Me... I can't use a round brush without it getting lost in my hair, and I'm quite sure I'd crimp up.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-09-2013 at 11:41 AM.
^^^my mother just bought one of those!
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
^^^my mother just bought one of those!
Originally Posted by rouquinne
Does she love it? It looked like a good investment for those who style. People were getting really good lift, able to get it right on their scalp, and covered up problem areas easily.

Nifty! I hope they do that with more styling tools.

I did see some new fangled curling iron on a pixiwoo video that looked pretty cool, too. It was covered on both sides, you could touch those easily, and you inserted your hair in the center. It rolls it around and produces a curl. Hard to explain, but interesting. It's better for longer hair.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-09-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Congrats, Fifi!
Originally Posted by claudine191
No congrats in order. He'd do the same with me, in different situations. We don't really fight, it may sound like it but we don't. I'm venting here to avoid fully erupting with him. Only one fight in 23 years. * TMI, but just an example... His pet name for me is "tuna boat captain" and you don't want to know mine for him because it puts that to shame We're not sensitive with each other as a general rule, and love that we have that ridiculous 'Do I look like I care what offends you?' comfort level* We just give an honest opinion and try to make each other think about things when need be. Something we used to avoid in our teens, for fear of upsetting each other and losing a friend, but we're stuck with each other now. He's just not really willing to listen right now.

Fingers crossed it hits him later!!
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??


Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-09-2013 at 12:39 PM.
I meant about the infomercial.
-----------------------
To you, Sir, I say: "Moo Ha Ha!"
-------------------------
And to you, Old Navy, I am not thrilled. Mistakes happen, but geez — I could have gone to the store if I wanted to mess around with this stuff. You therefore get only a one and a half out of five possible stars as a result.

http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
Right now, my son is getting his first swimming lesson at school. I'm a little nervous, trying to keep myself occupied.
PerriP likes this.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com