Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree19010Likes

Oh heck yeah! Depending on what sort of spider it is, it can cause a ferocious wound (or worse). Where do you live, again? If you're in the South, West or Southwest, I'd call the vet.
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Northeast or east too... My dog (was a puppy at the time..10 or 11 months) got bit by a brown recluse when we were living up in CT. He was ok, but it was scary and I'm glad I got him on antibiotics.
Originally Posted by LikeAustralia
Really? Brown Recluse (Fiddleback) spiders were exactly what I was thinking about when I wrote the above post. They're more common in hot, dry climates. But I guess they're spreading (like other pests).
Originally Posted by Phoenix
The vet didn't know for sure. I didn't even realize he had been bit until probably a day or 2 after it happened. He was bit under his ear (floppy ear), so I didn't notice it until he started scratching at the bite/sore. The vet said it looked like a brown recluse bite the way the tissue looked (black). Because he had been pawing/scratching at it, there was no clear mark (the fang marks). It was awful, but luckily he ended up being fine with no long term effects -- pretty scary though. I'm always wary of anything he's acting weird about now.
Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
It's Sydney, like Australia.
Formerly known as SydneyCurl.
I *cannot wait* until I don't have to listen to that goddamn dog barking anymore.

My apologies to dog lovers I am one myself but this beast is mighty annoying. They let her out to pee and she starts yippity yappitying straight away [at nothing in particular!] and continues until they let her back in.

I think she needs to go on doggie Prozac or something.
Whenever my family and I all get into a general discussion about needing to lose weight, I wish I didn't keep getting lectures about how to lose weight. I understand the mechanics of it - I really do. It's all about eating healthful foods and not too much of it, and exercising. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose 1 lb. Do you really think that the reason I'm fat is because I just don't understand how losing weight works? I am this fat because I am a compulsive, emotional eater. Because food is my drug of choice. Telling me that I should eat healthy things and rattling off 20 "good" things to eat doesn't help me. You know why? Because I won't eat a small handful of nuts; I will eat the whole can. I would much rather hear a sympathetic, "yeah, it's so hard", than, "oh, it's all about calories...it's just about eating right and exercising...it's just burning more calories than you take in" blah blah blah etc.

Last edited by anonnymouse; 01-03-2010 at 10:25 PM.
After Christmas and my son's birthday on NYE, the amount of toys in our house was getting ridiculous. I filled up two trash bags of toys to get rid of, and I feel great!!!! One was toys that were broken, missing pieces, junky, or whatever, that needed to be trashed. There's another bag of toys that are high quality and in good shape, but the kids don't play with them anymore or they've outgrown them, and they are to be donated. What's left is going to get organized into bins or shelves. Our house looks so much better now!! I wish I'd done this months ago!!
My thumb is killing me and I cant think of for the life of me whyyy.

I want to go somewhere where it's not 20 degrees and possibility of snow, and I want to be there like yesterday!
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
OMG and G-dammit, will I ever get enough work? Sheesh!

Comeoncomeoncomeon!
Smoking up the apartment roasting porchetta, and do you know what I hear? Nothing! Nothing but the sweet, sweet sound of a gorgeous pork belly sizzling away! Haha, smoke detector, consider yourself OWNED!
I miss intimacy. I have toys but they only do so much. They can't replicate the touch, smell and feel of another person. I miss it.
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
You, teenagers. I'm aware you're still in high school and you think it's wicked cool to invite over all your friends because you're the only one with an apartment. But seriously, STFU. You're not even on my side of the building and I can hear your screaming, your drama and your terrible music.

And didn't your mothers ever teach you it's rude to stare?


God, when did I turn into an old curmudgeon?
http://unpavedpath.blogspot.com/
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
Not soon enough, UT.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
I am absolutely going to kick ass on my qualifying exam...I just know it! W/ hubby's Glock, no less...
It's funny, I have always found Christians who constantly proseltyze to be to be the most offputting, but now I am seeing that some atheists can be just as offputting in their constant religion bashing.
Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
There's a certain part of me that struggles to really believe this, but......people are good.
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
It's funny, I have always found Christians who constantly proseltyze to be to be the most offputting, but now I am seeing that some atheists can be just as offputting in their constant religion bashing.
Originally Posted by gekko422
Jesus made you say that, right?

Last edited by ninja dog; 01-05-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: This version might be funnier.
P3bbily's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8
Gaaahhhhhhh!


(I feel better)
Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words.

There's this song I love that I heard like 5 years ago in Uganda. I never knew the name or who sang it. It's been in the back of my mind since then. I finally tracked it down and bought the CD on Ebay. It's everything I remembered and dreamed it would be!! I'm going to be listening to this all day!!
I still sing the Jambo song we first learned when we moved in Tanzania and that was a LONG time ago. I should order a Kanda Bongo Man cd just for the trip down memory lane!!
Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
* I am never going to dance again, guilty feet have got no rhythm, though its easy to pretend, I know you're not a fool *
Fine, very porous 3a
Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal

It's funny, I have always found Christians who constantly proseltyze to be to be the most offputting, but now I am seeing that some atheists can be just as offputting in their constant religion bashing.
Originally Posted by gekko422
Proseltyzing is offputting in general.

I have so much to do to get ready for this baby. Eek! At least I don't have too much shopping to do...I'm so thankful for all my friends who suggested gender-neutral baby gear for Danae!
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
There's this song I love that I heard like 5 years ago in Uganda. I never knew the name or who sang it. It's been in the back of my mind since then. I finally tracked it down and bought the CD on Ebay. It's everything I remembered and dreamed it would be!! I'm going to be listening to this all day!!
Originally Posted by sarah42
spill the beans. what Ugandan music is this you speak of?Im intrigued.
Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
Current length: back at APL
Goal length: hip
Staples: natural growth aides

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com