Say It. I Dare You.

Like Tree19749Likes

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
Yesterday I told my mum I had considered doing myself in at 17, her response "I thought of doing that numerous times when you and your brother were toddlers blah blah blah blah... It was so much worse for me blah blah blah" Thanks mum. I don't want to tell her anything else because she'll have been through it and it'll have been soooo much worse and my situation will just be dismissed as irrelevant and unimportant.
Originally Posted by curlylaura
You're not alone in this at all, CL. Sometimes family sucks.

I probably dress like you too, and I'm twice your age.

You are swell as you are.
Yesterday I told my mum I had considered doing myself in at 17, her response "I thought of doing that numerous times when you and your brother were toddlers blah blah blah blah... It was so much worse for me blah blah blah" Thanks mum. I don't want to tell her anything else because she'll have been through it and it'll have been soooo much worse and my situation will just be dismissed as irrelevant and unimportant.
Originally Posted by curlylaura
You're not alone in this at all, CL. Sometimes family sucks.

I probably dress like you too, and I'm twice your age.

You are swell as you are.
Originally Posted by ninja dog
Aww, fanks.

You're cool as you are too.
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
Yesterday I told my mum I had considered doing myself in at 17, her response "I thought of doing that numerous times when you and your brother were toddlers blah blah blah blah... It was so much worse for me blah blah blah" Thanks mum. I don't want to tell her anything else because she'll have been through it and it'll have been soooo much worse and my situation will just be dismissed as irrelevant and unimportant.
Originally Posted by curlylaura


Ugh...

Are we long-lost sisters? Because my mother pulls that same crap...you can't get a word in edgewise because the second you begin telling her something about yourself, she starts in with her own experience with the same thing...only worse.

I'm sorry you felt so badly as a teenager that you contemplated such a thing. Growing up can really hurt. Bad. I hope you're feeling better now.
Yesterday I told my mum I had considered doing myself in at 17, her response "I thought of doing that numerous times when you and your brother were toddlers blah blah blah blah... It was so much worse for me blah blah blah" Thanks mum. I don't want to tell her anything else because she'll have been through it and it'll have been soooo much worse and my situation will just be dismissed as irrelevant and unimportant.
Originally Posted by curlylaura
My mom's just like this, CL, with a nasty case of alcoholism to boot. I stopped talking to her and got a therapist instead. Helped oodles and oodles! But it's hard, to not be able to confide in the one person you should be able to confide in. I'm sorry you have to put up with that.
CG since 07/26/09
I am so tired of your uppity, know-it-all, *****y attidude. You've changed the atmosphere so much that I am leaning toward finding a new job, even though I *love* what I do.

You're loud and butt into every conversation. We don't need your opinion on everything. And we don't need to hear every word you say all the time. And, stop cutting me and others off during meetings. Just because you butt in and cut us off mid-sentence doesn't mean it's become your idea.

Yes, you are smart, but you don't need to tell us that all the time. And, we don't need to hear you say how great you look either.

And, why the he!! am I the only one who ever stands up to you in any way. So many others complain about you, but don't say or do anything.

Just because you're loud and agressive doesn't mean you should run the show. We work on a *team* - be a team player. You don't always have to be right or have the last word.

I am sick of you.
"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it" ~ Bill Cosby
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
All right, enough already, Betty. First there's the itching, which I am still treating with orajel and baby powder. Now there's cramps, too?

No. Just, no. I'm not having any. Forget it.
It's good to know I'm alone with the uncaring mother stuff.

And no, I don't really feel any better. I thought about it again at new year. Although I won't do it.

Now with people wanting me to change the way I am and a mother who makes me feel worthless, I'm miserable as hell. I do need to see my GP. I've tried counselling but found it hard to talk because I've grown up not knowing how to deal with my feelings and feeling worthless and unimportant. I suck.
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
I've tried counselling but found it hard to talk because I've grown up not knowing how to deal with my feelings and feeling worthless and unimportant. I suck.
Originally Posted by curlylaura
Have you thought about writing your feelings down or talking to yourself about them? That could be good practice.

And it can be really hard to start talking to a counselor, but it gets a lot easier if you stick with it.
I've tried counselling but found it hard to talk because I've grown up not knowing how to deal with my feelings and feeling worthless and unimportant. I suck.
Originally Posted by curlylaura
Have you thought about writing your feelings down or talking to yourself about them? That could be good practice.

And it can be really hard to start talking to a counselor, but it gets a lot easier if you stick with it.
Originally Posted by Eilonwy
Ditto on the writing. It's proven to be very therapeutic.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, curlylaura. You know my story, been there, done that. Lean on us, and PM me if you ever want to.

Also: you do not suck. You are inherently a valuable and beautiful person. You were born that way and will always be. Never forget that.
Curlylaura - just to reiterate. You do NOT suck!
When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,533
It's good to know I'm alone with the uncaring mother stuff.

And no, I don't really feel any better. I thought about it again at new year. Although I won't do it.

Now with people wanting me to change the way I am and a mother who makes me feel worthless, I'm miserable as hell. I do need to see my GP. I've tried counselling but found it hard to talk because I've grown up not knowing how to deal with my feelings and feeling worthless and unimportant. I suck.
Originally Posted by curlylaura
You TOTALLY do not suck! You'd be one of my best friends if you weren't so fargin' far away, so no more "I suck" stuff. It's a lottery who we get as parents, not a sign of what we do or don't deserve. A whole bunch of us didn't get winning hands, but that doesn't mean it's our fault. It's random. Totally, utterly random.

It is hard to start talking to a therapist. But it helps. That's why finding someone you like, or who can help draw you out, is vital.

You do not have to change, just because some dork said you should wear frilly clothes. Screw that ****. I'd hang out with you and that wild kitten of yours in a New York minute.

PM me if you need to, okay? You are not alone, and I'm not going to let you sink.

Your friend, Ninja
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
My God, wtf are men so dumb!?
My ipod & eztag thingy to the pool are sitting inches away from him on the countertop/bar area. Dude is looking for the card in my car, in the cabinets, blah, blah. I'm like, dude, it's right next to my ipod...right where YOU put it last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh
Men are dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Wile E Coyote - Nut Soaker; 06-18-2010 at 05:48 PM.
It's good to know I'm alone with the uncaring mother stuff.

And no, I don't really feel any better. I thought about it again at new year. Although I won't do it.

Now with people wanting me to change the way I am and a mother who makes me feel worthless, I'm miserable as hell. I do need to see my GP. I've tried counselling but found it hard to talk because I've grown up not knowing how to deal with my feelings and feeling worthless and unimportant. I suck.
Originally Posted by curlylaura
You TOTALLY do not suck! You'd be one of my best friends if you weren't so fargin' far away, so no more "I suck" stuff. It's a lottery who we get as parents, not a sign of what we do or don't deserve. A whole bunch of us didn't get winning hands, but that doesn't mean it's our fault. It's random. Totally, utterly random.

It is hard to start talking to a therapist. But it helps. That's why finding someone you like, or who can help draw you out, is vital.

You do not have to change, just because some dork said you should wear frilly clothes. Screw that ****. I'd hang out with you and that wild kitten of yours in a New York minute.

PM me if you need to, okay? You are not alone, and I'm not going to let you sink.

Your friend, Ninja
Originally Posted by ninja dog
I'm packing my bags to come to America!!!

The frilly crap is going back! I am me!

Just to add:

I was just eating a kiwi and Eddy was curious, he decided he didn't like the smell of it. After I'd eaten it he sniffed my hand and started to lick the kiwi juice off them. Daft kitty
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.

Last edited by curlylaura; 06-19-2010 at 05:39 AM.
worse ref ever!!!
Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
Current length: back at APL
Goal length: hip
Staples: natural growth aides
worse ref ever!!!
Originally Posted by Stephanie198907
Are you talking about the American game? I was sooooo pissed, we could of won that crap.
Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
He's gone so there is no need to continue the family drama, yet you persist with tearing the whole family apart. You do realize that he left FOUR children and not just YOU? I don't understand the motivation and think you need counseling or a medical intervention.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
I really just want you to stop talking to me. I've never truly hated anyone before, didn't think I could. Keep pushing, and I'll snap.
Big chop: 5/30/10
CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
Cleanser: Bentonite clay
worse ref ever!!!
Originally Posted by Stephanie198907
Are you talking about the American game? I was sooooo pissed, we could of won that crap.
Originally Posted by MysticSpiral

I wanted to cry after that game. A lot of his calls were absolutely ridiculous! I'm beginning to think someone paid him to screw that game up.
Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
Current length: back at APL
Goal length: hip
Staples: natural growth aides
How about that England were crap and Rooney's complaining that the supporters booed. They booed because they expected better you over paid chav.

On the plus side Australia are 1-1 with Ghana!
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
How about that England were crap and Rooney's complaining that the supporters booed. They booed because they expected better you over paid chav.

On the plus side Australia are 1-1 with Ghana!
Originally Posted by curlylaura
i dont see why anyone is surprised at Rooney's comments. He complains about everything all.the.time!
I'm not even rooting for England but I definitely expected better from them.


p.s is it me or does Landon Donovan have crazy eyes?
Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
Current length: back at APL
Goal length: hip
Staples: natural growth aides

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com