*ADULT* CNN reports "ISIS" flag at Gay Pride *Thread is now about many other topics*

Like Tree189Likes

Spoiler alert: Dildos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXzIgZgmzSg

Dedachan likes this.

Last edited by Eilonwy; 07-07-2015 at 02:01 AM.
I don't know about those sex toys but ISIS sure do have a stick up their *ss.
Josephine and rouquinne like this.
i saw that on Twitter this weekend and almost choked laughing...

jeepcurlygurl likes this.
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
So is it supposed to be a "plug" against ISIS or is there a deeper meaning? It wouldn't surprise me that ISIS would show up to these events; there are a lot of people at them. I understand that a lot of them were quickly planned but we need to remember that there are some people out there who want to hurt us.
curlypearl likes this.


I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.


All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier.
^^^^are you for real?

most of these BIG gay pride parades are planned MONTHS in advance! and this is the one in London, England. if ISIS wanted to hurt anyone at this event, they would have had ages to plan and probably would've sent suicide bombers in.

*sheesh*

plus, i can't see Muslim extremists going anywhere NEAR that many queer folk. they'd probably be afraid of getting cooties or something...

wow!

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
^^^^are you for real?

most of these BIG gay pride parades are planned MONTHS in advance! and this is the one in London, England. if ISIS wanted to hurt anyone at this event, they would have had ages to plan and probably would've sent suicide bombers in.

*sheesh*

plus, i can't see Muslim extremists going anywhere NEAR that many queer folk. they'd probably be afraid of getting cooties or something...

wow!

Originally Posted by rouquinne
"Most" of them are planned ahead. However, many of these events happened right after the Supreme Court ruling. I'm sure there was planning "just in case", though. I don't think we should be afraid to do the things we would normally do because of ISIS, I just think we need to be aware that they COULD be near. Extreme Muslims HATE gay people and want to hurt or kill them. In Iran, they are giving gay people sex change surgery. This is not "elective" surgery, this is forced. This is better than throwing gay people off rooftops, which is what Muslims in other countries are doing. Muslims would like to exterminate the "gay population" and we need to be aware of that.


Everybody always claims that we Christians hate gay people but most of us don't hate them or anybody else. The gay people I've met in my life I've liked a lot. They have been phenomenal people. One very close friend (who has been my friend for over 30 years) is gay and he's a very, very good man. My religion teaches against homosexuality, but opposed to Extreme Muslim, my religion does not teach that we should hurt anyone. My viewpoint on the "gay issue" is that on a personal level, I couldn't care less what two adults are doing at home. If I want to focus my efforts on something, I will be focusing more of my efforts on things like keeping my life/home more organized. I have enough of my own stuff to worry about. Because my religion teaches against it, I won't be calling gay marriage "fine" but far be it from me to poke my nose into some other adult's life. I just don't care enough to want to do that.

My sister worked very hard to get a Master's Degree and is a Social Worker for Child Protective Service. If I wanted to be an "activist" about something, I'd be active in helping abused or neglected children. I believe that my sister sees the worst of society. It doesn't get any worse than hurting a young child. My sister can't talk about any of her cases, of course, but I've been alive long enough to know what kind of stuff she has to get involved in. If I want to be "active" with something, it would be to help children have a decent life, not trying to make some gay person's life miserable.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.
curlypearl likes this.


I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.


All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier.
I ***think*** Rouquinne was saying "are you for real" because you made it sound like you thought it really was an ISIS flag. At least that's what I thought you meant. It's a flag made specifically for the gay pride parade covered with silhouettes of dildos and butt plugs. LOL!
< member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from ).

Medium/high porosity; color treated; medium density; medium; 2c/3a; chin length.
Daily co-wash = Suave Naturals Juicy Green Apple conditioner.
Leave-In = Giovanni Direct Leave In.
Every other day protein conditioner (before leave-in) = Aubrey Organics GBP conditioner.
Styling (high dew point) = Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel; (low dew point) = SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie.
I ***think*** Rouquinne was saying "are you for real" because you made it sound like you thought it really was an ISIS flag. At least that's what I thought you meant. It's a flag made specifically for the gay pride parade covered with silhouettes of dildos and butt plugs. LOL!
Originally Posted by eche428
Actually, Rouquinne tends to take exception to pretty much anything I post here in this section. If you look at her history, you'll see several relatively aggressive posts addressed to me. I have never "seen" this person here before that time so I am not sure what the "agenda" is all about but this is par-for-the-course for this particular poster.


I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.


All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier.
LOL
CNN so naive..

Angela, Roquines comment was because of the quickly planned thing. London Pride ( or any Pride) has nothing to do with the supreme court of the USA. Is an annual event in London, its not "many of these events". Just like winning a worldcup has nothing to do with the 4th of juy parade.

On the off topic: The thing about Iran I dont know where you got it from. But from what I know Iran has been very open to transgender transitions way before western Europe. It has nothing to do with the ban of homosexuality. Nor does Iran have anything to do with ISIS.

Also the point of Pride is to show pride and not to fall under opression of society and religion. Pride wont stop because of some lunatics. It is about freedom.

Last edited by butter52; 06-30-2015 at 05:58 PM.


On the off topic: The thing about Iran I dont know where you got it from. But from what I know Iran has been very open to transgender transitions way before western Europe. It has nothing to do with the ban of homosexuality. Nor does Iran have anything to do with ISIS.
Originally Posted by butter52
Here is where I got that from. And I didn't say Iran had anything to do with ISIS. Where did you get that from? But Muslims do NOT like gay people and treat them terribly; many times killing them. This is a well known fact.

State Dept Calls Iran's Forced Trans Surgeries 'Confirmation' | The Daily Caller


I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.


All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier.


On the off topic: The thing about Iran I dont know where you got it from. But from what I know Iran has been very open to transgender transitions way before western Europe. It has nothing to do with the ban of homosexuality. Nor does Iran have anything to do with ISIS.
Originally Posted by butter52
Here is where I got that from. And I didn't say Iran had anything to do with ISIS. Where did you get that from? But Muslims do NOT like gay people and treat them terribly; many times killing them. This is a well known fact.

State Dept Calls Iran's Forced Trans Surgeries 'Confirmation' | The Daily Caller
Originally Posted by AngelaE8654

That's a generalization about "Muslims." There are many sects of Islam. Muslims are also not the only ones who treat gays terribly and kill them. Christians in Jamaica, Uganda etc. do so also. (Not to mention there are some in the US, etc. who also preach hatred of homosexuals.)
Josephine likes this.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali











From the article:

Many apologists have attempted to shift the blame for this Muslim hostility towards homosexuality onto "the adoption of European Victorian attitudes by the new Westernized elite."[4]

However, this explanation falls short. Within the context of Islamic thought, this attitude originated from the Prophet Muhammad, and since he is considered by all mainstream Muslims to be the Uswa Hasana (the perfect example) we find that the majority of Muslims still consider this harsh treatment of homosexuals to be justified.
Islam and Homosexuality - WikiIslam

What Does Islam Say About Homosexuality?

It is wrong for anyone to "preach hatred" toward any other person. I am a Christian and was raised in the Church but have never experienced this "preaching of hate". I know some gay people and I like them a lot. They are fine, upstanding people. My personal beliefs about their lifestyle are something I will keep to myself unless asked; they are adults and as such, are free to make their own decisions. Those who know I am a Christian already know my beliefs on their lifestyle. If I am asked to vote on gay marriage or something, I will vote my conscience. But I will NEVER act in hate toward any other human being.


I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.


All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier.

Last edited by AngelaE8654; 06-30-2015 at 08:18 PM.
From the article:

Many apologists have attempted to shift the blame for this Muslim hostility towards homosexuality onto "the adoption of European Victorian attitudes by the new Westernized elite."[4]

However, this explanation falls short. Within the context of Islamic thought, this attitude originated from the Prophet Muhammad, and since he is considered by all mainstream Muslims to be the Uswa Hasana (the perfect example) we find that the majority of Muslims still consider this harsh treatment of homosexuals to be justified.
Islam and Homosexuality - WikiIslam

What Does Islam Say About Homosexuality?

It is wrong for anyone to "preach hatred" toward any other person. I am a Christian and was raised in the Church but have never experienced this "preaching of hate". I know some gay people and I like them a lot. They are fine, upstanding people. My personal beliefs about their lifestyle are something I will keep to myself unless asked; they are adults and as such, are free to make their own decisions. Those who know I am a Christian already know my beliefs on their lifestyle. If I am asked to vote on gay marriage or something, I will vote my conscience. But I will NEVER act in hate toward any other human being.
Originally Posted by AngelaE8654

It may not be "hatred", but having "beliefs on their lifestyle" could be a form of viewing them as inferior or lesser, which opens the door for others to hate them as a result.
Lotsawaves likes this.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali













It may not be "hatred", but having "beliefs on their lifestyle" could be a form of viewing them as inferior or lesser, which opens the door for others to hate them as a result.
Originally Posted by Amneris
If you're referring to my own beliefs, that is purely conjecture. I would never view any other human being as inferior or lesser nor would I condone hating people under any circumstances. However, I have Freedom of Religion here in the United States and I am allowed to have my beliefs and can have them without the expectation of harassment or people assuming that because I believe a particular way, I condone the hatred or mistreatment of anyone. This is the sort of viewpoint that causes division. How is this sort of thought any different from someone believing that because a person is a particular color and grew up in the inner city that he or she is likely a "thug"? To me, this sort of thought is equivalent to other types of prejudice we've seen in our country. And yes, I do mean Prejudice. Prejudice means to "pre judge" someone or something and that is what is happening with this particular train of thought.


I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.


All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier.


It may not be "hatred", but having "beliefs on their lifestyle" could be a form of viewing them as inferior or lesser, which opens the door for others to hate them as a result.
Originally Posted by Amneris
If you're referring to my own beliefs, that is purely conjecture. I would never view any other human being as inferior or lesser nor would I condone hating people under any circumstances. However, I have Freedom of Religion here in the United States and I am allowed to have my beliefs and can have them without the expectation of harassment or people assuming that because I believe a particular way, I condone the hatred or mistreatment of anyone. This is the sort of viewpoint that causes division. How is this sort of thought any different from someone believing that because a person is a particular color and grew up in the inner city that he or she is likely a "thug"? To me, this sort of thought is equivalent to other types of prejudice we've seen in our country. And yes, I do mean Prejudice. Prejudice means to "pre judge" someone or something and that is what is happening with this particular train of thought.
Originally Posted by AngelaE8654

I'm speaking in generalities, but if people say they have "beliefs" which involve the idea that they're "not fine" with gay marriage, or have "beliefs" on a particular lifestyle (which I believe you did say) then this is where the division is - it creates a division between hetero marriage and gay marriage and hetero lifestyles and gay lifestyles, placing one above the other. I don't know how someone can say that they believe it is wrong for one group of people to get married but not another, and then say they're not prejudiced and don't contribute to hate.


This is nothing like race prejudice or other prejudices. There is no right to be free of discrimination for "people who don't agree with the lifestyle" - "people who don't agree with the gay lifestyle" aren't the same as gay people or people of colour.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali











I'm speaking in generalities, but if people say they have "beliefs" which involve the idea that they're "not fine" with gay marriage, or have "beliefs" on a particular lifestyle (which I believe you did say) then this is where the division is - it creates a division between hetero marriage and gay marriage and hetero lifestyles and gay lifestyles, placing one above the other. I don't know how someone can say that they believe it is wrong for one group of people to get married but not another, and then say they're not prejudiced and don't contribute to hate.


This is nothing like race prejudice or other prejudices. There is no right to be free of discrimination for "people who don't agree with the lifestyle" - "people who don't agree with the gay lifestyle" aren't the same as gay people or people of colour.
Originally Posted by Amneris
So people whose religious beliefs teach them that homosexuality is not a moral way to live automatically place one type of situation "over" another? Not true. Personally, I couldn't care less about how two other adults are living or what type of contracts they have with another adult or what they do at home in private. I have plenty of my own stuff to worry about. Someday when my life is 100% organized, perhaps I will be in a place to think about other stuff; but that's probably never going to happen. Hasn't happened yet, and I'll be 50 next year. I've got plenty to do that will make my own life easier. I have absolutely no inclination to be worrying about someone else's life. Believe it or not, I actually have some very close friends who are gay.

However, I will not turn my back on my religious beliefs. There is a reason they are called "beliefs" and not "assumptions". That's because when people believe in something, they wholeheartedly believe in it. It becomes a portion of who they are. Along with adults in the United States that have made the decision to marry a person of their same gender, there are also adults who have deeply held religious convictions. Now, the gay people do not want the religious people to "do away" with what they want to do and how they want to live; how is it right for people to try to "do away" with religious convictions that some adults hold?? Assuming that these beliefs will automatically lead to "hate" is pre-judging (and is incorrect) and yes, that is a PREJUDICED way of thinking.

While gay people in the United States can marry, I can still attend my church and worship my God. How is it that we cannot live peacefully together, just because we see things differently??

P.S. Discounting prejudice against one person as "not being the same" or "not being as bad" as prejudice another has suffered is a straw man argument.


I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.


All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier.

Last edited by AngelaE8654; 06-30-2015 at 11:50 PM.
I'm speaking in generalities, but if people say they have "beliefs" which involve the idea that they're "not fine" with gay marriage, or have "beliefs" on a particular lifestyle (which I believe you did say) then this is where the division is - it creates a division between hetero marriage and gay marriage and hetero lifestyles and gay lifestyles, placing one above the other. I don't know how someone can say that they believe it is wrong for one group of people to get married but not another, and then say they're not prejudiced and don't contribute to hate.


This is nothing like race prejudice or other prejudices. There is no right to be free of discrimination for "people who don't agree with the lifestyle" - "people who don't agree with the gay lifestyle" aren't the same as gay people or people of colour.
Originally Posted by Amneris
So people whose religious beliefs teach them that homosexuality is not a moral way to live automatically place one type of situation "over" another? Not true. Personally, I couldn't care less about how two other adults are living or what type of contracts they have with another adult or what they do at home in private. I have plenty of my own stuff to worry about. Someday when my life is 100% organized, perhaps I will be in a place to think about other stuff; but that's probably never going to happen. Hasn't happened yet, and I'll be 50 next year. I've got plenty to do that will make my own life easier. I have absolutely no inclination to be worrying about someone else's life. Believe it or not, I actually have some very close friends who are gay.

However, I will not turn my back on my religious beliefs. There is a reason they are called "beliefs" and not "assumptions". That's because when people believe in something, they wholeheartedly believe in it. It becomes a portion of who they are. Along with adults in the United States that have made the decision to marry a person of their same gender, there are also adults who have deeply held religious convictions. Now, the gay people do not want the religious people to "do away" with what they want to do and how they want to live; how is it right for people to try to "do away" with religious convictions that some adults hold?? Assuming that these beliefs will automatically lead to "hate" is pre-judging (and is incorrect) and yes, that is a PREJUDICED way of thinking.

While gay people in the United States can marry, I can still attend my church and worship my God. How is it that we cannot live peacefully together, just because we see things differently??

P.S. Discounting prejudice against one person as "not being the same" or "not being as bad" as prejudice another has suffered is a straw man argument.
Originally Posted by AngelaE8654

Let me break it down.


Someone who says "homosexuality is not a moral way to live" is clearly saying "heterosexuality is a moral way to live." That means they think heterosexuality is better than homosexuality. Why single out homosexuality otherwise?


No one is trying to do away with anything that someone thinks in their head, but it doesn't mean that "it's my religious belief" justifies any kind of thought.


It is very, very tiresome when people use their religious beliefs as excuses for prejudices and then claim they are being discriminated against if called on their prejudices.


And I fully admit that I used to believe "homosexuality is not a moral way to live." I was raised to believe this and used to vigorously defend my right to believe that as part of religious freedom. I now see the fallacy and the hurtfulness of that attitude.
maria_i and Lotsawaves like this.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali












Last edited by Amneris; 07-01-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Someone who says "homosexuality is not a moral way to live" is clearly saying "heterosexuality is a moral way to live." That means they think heterosexuality is better than homosexuality. Why single out homosexuality otherwise?
Originally Posted by Amneris
Not necessarily. We are ALL guilty of sin. The Bible says we can never be good enough or moral enough to earn salvation on our own merits. That applies to ALL of us. Many sins are named/described in the Bible. And they are what they are. But IMO they're not there to make anyone feel badly or be considered inferior. But rather they are there to remind us all of our sinful nature and why we need Jesus for salvation. Some of us can be realistic about what the Bible says without feeling self righteous or trying to hurt or oppress anyone.

And there are lots of ways for heterosexuals to be sinful and separated from Christ! Simply acknowledging a homosexual lifestyle (or whatever) as a sin doesn't mean the person acknowledging it feels she/he is without sin. We are all in the same boat.
sew and sew likes this.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

My religion teaches against homosexuality, but opposed to Extreme Muslim, my religion does not teach that we should hurt anyone.
Originally Posted by AngelaE8654
For the record, there is not such religion as 'extreme muslim', and Islam doesn't teach to hurt anyone, not any more than Christianity does at least.

I believe the views in both religions on homosexuality is pretty much the same. Obviously more conservative societies are less tolerant, that happens here in the U.S. as well. I have met many christians (actually more than muslims) who absolutely hate and are disgusted by homosexuality.

Terrorists kill people, same as 'Christians' who bomb abortion clinics here in a supposedly more evolved society. And then there's westboro baptist church.

Also, obviously ISIS is known as a terror group.
rouquinne and Amneris like this.

Someone who says "homosexuality is not a moral way to live" is clearly saying "heterosexuality is a moral way to live." That means they think heterosexuality is better than homosexuality. Why single out homosexuality otherwise?
Originally Posted by Amneris
Not necessarily. We are ALL guilty of sin. The Bible says we can never be good enough or moral enough to earn salvation on our own merits. That applies to ALL of us. Many sins are named/described in the Bible. And they are what they are. But IMO they're not there to make anyone feel badly or be considered inferior. But rather they are there to remind us all of our sinful nature and why we need Jesus for salvation. Some of us can be realistic about what the Bible says without feeling self righteous or trying to hurt or oppress anyone.

And there are lots of ways for heterosexuals to be sinful and separated from Christ! Simply acknowledging a homosexual lifestyle (or whatever) as a sin doesn't mean the person acknowledging it feels she/he is without sin. We are all in the same boat.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000


Yeah, but specifically pointing to a homosexual being in any kind of intimate relationship, even a marriage, as it being "sinful", when a heterosexual in a marriage is not automatically sinning, is discriminatory. And also not in keeping with the teachings of Christ.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali











Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com